How did your favourite Pokemon become your favourite?

It's... the first time I've ever seen comparing the Chansey line with axolotls.
I've seen it come up a few times, it wouldn't surprise me if Bogleech might've helped popularize it in more recent times.
Whenever they're posted side by side I can definitely see the resemblance. And it's interestin to note that "Happi" kind of keeps the "hair" as tendrils and that one of the proto-blisseys hair curls more closesly resembles an axolotl's gills

Probably not intentional, gen 1 had plenty of just weird vague monsters based on the concept of something than a direct animal, but if you start looking for it you can kind of wonder if maybe....?

When I was younger, I asked my dad to bring some Pokemon coloring sheets home with him once. One of the Pokemon featured on them was Venomoth. Needless to say, the rest is history (though it was a little more complicated than that).

Venipede is also a recent favorite of mine:
The opponent's Scraggy (Lv. 22) used Swagger!
The attack of the foe's Scraggy missed!
Venipede (Lv. 15) used Poison Sting!
The opponent's Scraggy was poisoned!
The opponent's Scraggy is hurt by poison!
The opposing Scraggy fainted!
Venipede grew to Level 16!
Venipede grew to Level 17!
You defeated Team Plasma N!

I was sickly as a kid so I related a lot to Wally. So when he sent out a super cool powerful Gardevoir I was hooked. It's always helpful in an in-game playthrough and is fun with a Choice Scarf in online battles. When it got a mega I was so happy! Been my favorite Pokemon for 16 years.

Last edited:

Dieu Amphibien

PERFECTION SPORTS
is a Tiering Contributor
I LOVE RAICHU ALOLA IT IS THE STRONGEST POKEMON IN THE WORLD, WITH THE COMBINAISON OF ELECTRIC TERRAIN + SURGE SURFER + RISING VOLTAGE, HE IS ONE OF THE STRONGEST POKEMON IN THE WHOLE WOLRD (even better than Iron Defense Body Press Regirock), HE IS SO CUTE, AND SO FAST AND HE HAS A UNIQUE Z-MOOVE, HIS CHARADESIGN IS ONE THE BEST, HE IS SO COOL THAT YOU CAN PUT SUNGLASSES ON HIM, WTF HE IS SURFING ON HIS TAIL, SO. FUCKING. CLASS.

My favorite Pokémons are Mudkip, Marshtomp and Swampert.
:bw/mudkip: :bw/marshtomp: :bw/Swampert:
Since I was a kid, Axolotl have always been my favortie animals, because their just that cute. The other axolotl inspired Pokémon (the Chansey line and the Wooper line) don't come up to the Mudkip line. Although, Wooper and Quagsire are close seconds.
Fellow Swampert lover here. I also love axolotls and feel the same about Wooper and Quagsire. Honestly, all the water ground types are dope as hell, but I digress. While Swampert wasn't my first starter (that goes to Squirtle), it was my second but it was the first starter I specifically remember forming a close emotional bond with (also it was my first level 100 but that's pretty much the same story for everyone's starter). Aside from that, I have great memories of using Swampert in the Emerald Battle Frontier as a kid and it just appeals to me as a mon with cool vibes that you can imagine hanging out with by your side.

Last edited:

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
Okay, I would like to talk about my other favorites that I didnt say, mostly because I'm interested in hearing about other people's favorite Pokemon. Its really fun reading these posts and I've read each and every one of them. Soo...

1610039619990.png

Remember how I said that Frosmoth became my third favorite Pokemon? I lied. Seadra has always had that spot (well, after Volcarona took its second place spot, anyway). I don't know why I love Seadra that much. I mean, its design is amazing with its wings, its pronounced scales, its fierce eyes, or its tail. It is also a bit stange, but I like strange very much. For example, Seadra's abilities are Damp and... uhh, poison point. Of the four dragonish things of Gen I (Charizard, Gyarados, Dragonite, and Seadra), I oddly love Seadra the most. It has the perfect blend of cute, cool, and strange. Horsea is also SO CUTE. Also my favorite color is blue, and I love the water type, so yeah.

Wailord is a big chubby jolly whale. Its so goofy and so carefree and I love it so much. I mean, how could you not love it???

I am Asian (yes I am Asian, who would have guessed that) and read the stories a lot Infernape kinda has this appeal of the AWESOME MONKEY KING THAT BEAT UP THE FREAKING HEAVEN. Yeah. Also, Fire types are cool.

Vikavolt's Pinsir-things look like what a Pokemon plasma cannon could look like. Very cool.

Snorlax is another big chubby fat dude that I like. I don't know, maybe opposites attract I guess.

Ducklett... well, remember when I said that my favorite animal is the chicken? Well my second favorite animal is the duck. Go figure.

Reshiram is just awesome. I like science, and white-hot fire is actually a lot hotter than red-hot fire, and blue-hot fire is much hotter than white-hot fire (now you know that I am an Asian nerd haha). Dragons are also cool. And there is a lot of other stuff (including that nuclear special attack stat) that just... clicks. I just love it. Favorite cover legend.

Alolan Exeggutor's design is stupid and looks nothing like a dragon. I loved it instantly.

Tapu Koko's design, concept, and competative usage are all great. Seriously. Its not his fault that people just use Hawlucha with him to abuse his terrain.

Gliscor is the all-around utility belt of competitive Pokemon. I have used it so many times and it almost never disappoints. To be honest, I never liked it that much until SS OU when he is gone, and even after DLC2 he still isn't back. Now I play Natdex and old gens so I can use him. Sometimes you don't know how much you like something until its gone.

I'm one of the early advocators of using Sand Rush Dracozolt and when I was rooting for it in pre- and early-DLC2, it kinda gone from "potential competative Pokemon that I think will be fun to play with" to "Pokemon that is amazing in every way". We kinda developed a bond like that. Also, shoutout to Liquidocelot for that Ocelzolt set! Horray!

I like Gardevoir for its elegence, an actually cool fairy type, and ability to create BLACK HOLES. I like Mega Gardevoir for Pixilate Hyper Voice and Hyper Beam (fun mon in 1v1). Its really fun watching a pink fairy blasting dragons to tiny tiny bits.

And... there we go! I've obviously missed a lot, but I think this is all the typing I can endure and all my brain can tell me from the top of my head. I also partly started writing this to bump this up so people will share their favorites, then noticed that people are sharing their favorites without me bumping. Meh. Posting this anyway.

I don't have a single favorite so much as I do a handful of favorites that stand about a mile above the others, so I guess I may as well share all of them:

Volcarona - If I had to pick a single favorite, it would probably be this. An amazing design and concept, outstanding in battle, and although it's a real headache to get in most games it's available in, the end result is worth it.

Alolan Ninetales - Always loved Kantonian Ninetales, but this variant is next level. IMO the most beautiful and majestic design of any Pokemon thus far, helped me out in several online battles, and capable of pulling its own weight in-game as well, especially in USUM when you can get the Choice Specs almost immediately after catching it.

Hawlucha - Stormed online battles this past Summer with it thanks to Weakness Policy and Unburden. Oh, and managed to pair it with Alolan Ninetales as well (the latter knew Ice Shard). At a time when virtually everyone was playing Sun offense, GMax Lapras, or GMax Coalossal, Hawlucha pretty much annihilated all of them.

Ribombee/Morpeko - Both for basically the same reasons: I expected nothing the first time I saw either of them only for them to wow me with being surprisingly useful in battle. Oh, and both are flipping adorable too.

Umbreon - Somehow managed to sweep Lance's postgame team the first time I played SoulSilver. When it was only about Lv. 60. Then proceeded to do the same to Red later (Hint: breed the Eevee Bill gives you with a Smeargle that sketched Curse). Ever since, it's been one of my all-time favorites even if I could rant for days about how much of a headache it is to use in most games with its pathetic offenses.

Chandelure - In addition to an awesome design and being fun to use in battle, its Shiny form is my favorite of that category.

Sharpedo - Used one the first time I played Gen 3, where it was arguably the MVP of that team. Also fun to Surf on in ORAS since it moves at twice the normal speed, and it's my favorite Ride Pokemon in Gen 7.

Beartic/Drapion/Grumpig/Lumineon - 4 Pokemon that I've always loved even if I wouldn't advise using them in serious battles (even though they're perfectly serviceable in-game - yes, even Lumineon). And they're also part of my team of Contest Stars in ORAS along with Umbreon and Volcarona, so that has to count for something.

Kabutops/Dragapult/Zoroark/Garchomp/Alolan Sandslash/Galvantula/Espeon/Gliscor/Serperior/Sceptile/Incineroar/Greninja/Metagross - Not really much I can say about all of these besides "I love their designs and enjoy using them in battle." But they still deserve special mentions because of that reason.

My favorite is odd, but it is whishcash.

Why-?
Because, I got this dumb looking fish in pokemon platinum, otenbourgh gate. I had him for most of the game, and with earthquake as a natural move, he was able to have a great STAB move, and a good typing of water/ground. I loved his eternals stupid smile, and his pretty cool origin. He has really good stats, and a good move set, and great bulk. But, the real thing about him, is that this idiot has helped me conquer the pokemon leauge time and time again, wrecking leon's charizard UN DYNAMAXED, breaking cynthia's garchomp's head with ice beam, wrecking alder, and destroying every other elite 4 and champion. Also, I got a shiny of the guy (LOVE THAT RUST COLOR) named SUNKIST (all caps, also don't question the soda). All around, he's great, and has served me well, and will for many more generations.

Second? i don't talk about it, but SPOINK!

WHY-?
It's SPOINK. HE;s cute, amazing, beautiful, godlike, loved him since I was 4( With carnivine and snorunt ), I love it. SPOIINNKKK!!!

My favorite Pokemon is none other than the Intimidation Pokemon himself, Krookodile. I remember finding my first Sandile in BW (which was my introduction into Pokemon games) and I instantly enjoyed using it. It was Careful natured and had ok EVs and IVs. It led my team to a wonderful victory against the champion. It's appearance on Ash's team in the anime was also really cool and solidified it as my favorite Pokemon of all time.

Honorable Mentions

Emboar: Emboar was the starter I picked and it's my favorite starter Pokemon, so I figured I'd mention it here. It may not have been very good in competitive, but it was funny seeing a trainer get dumpstered by Flare Blitz.

Keldeo: When I first caught this Pokemon, I wasn't really a fan of it since I didn't really like the Swords of Justice. However, it grew on me over time and I eventually started using it a lot.

My favorite mon of all time is Nidoking. My earliest memories of playing Pokemon Red was stomping the entire Kanto region with a Thrashing Nidoking. Years later after having not touched a Pokemon game in decades, I watch a Gen 1 speedrun for the fun of it, and what's the first thing I see? A speedrunner stomping the entire Kanto region with a Thrashing Nidoking. That moment alone rekindled my craze for Pokemon, and I have Nidoking to thank for that.

My favorite pokemon has to be drifloon. When playing Platinum, I always wanted to have overworld interactions with my mons the same way you'd see npc mons walking around in houses and such. Finding drifloon in Valley Windworks the one time I just so happened to visit the area just completely surprised me, and I decided immediately that I would catch that mon. I was even more surprised to discover it could go on walks in Amity Square, and I found its overworld interactions and cry adorable. Despite myself being very battle oriented at the time, I couldn't bear to evolve drifloon as drifblim was not allowed to go on walks in Amity Square. Instead, it became my main contest Pokemon and went on to win a ton of contest ribbons, becoming my favorite mon despite the fact I'd never used it in a battle. Also its lore was a huge plus, I somehow find it cute n.n

My favourite is Infernape since my first game was Diamond and I didn't about catching/using other pokemon so by the time I reached Cynthia, I had a level 70 Infernape and about 3 level 40 Gravelers and other randoms Victory Road. I never beat the game due to Dragon Rush Garchomp bodying my whole team. Fun.

View attachment 306009
Me and my brother both spammed our Infernapes through everything and took them to well over Level 70. We did have Dialga to back Infernape up in lategame, but our strategy for every single battle we did was Infernape click buttons. Then if it fainted, either promptly lose or (6th Gym on) send out sac, revive Infernape and resume clicking buttons. Bertha was where I got stuck for ages actually, all those Earthquakes are not good for Dialga or Infernape.

Eventually, I beat the game with a party of Level 75 Infernape (still had Ember because I got told by a friend that Ember had a higher burn chance at higher levels), Level ~55 Dialga (same 4 moves as I'd caught it with), Level ~40 Pelipper (I'd caught this because Roost/Stockpile/Swallow/Spit Up was very annoying to actually finish off, so I ended up catching it and making it remember Water Pulse>Swallow) ~Level 45 Crobat (Flyer again caught at high level that randomly evolved while fighting wilds) ~Level 45 Gastrodon (it went in a Quick Ball I'd randomly decided to throw, but it actually ended up performing really well) ~Level 40 Golem (The only other mon I'd trained because it was holding the Exp. Share while Infernape was murdering things. I think I traded it with my brother and traded it back)

Funny thing as well, this wasn't actually the party I was intending to use. I'd just got back from the Move Reminder and absent-mindedly walked into the E4. Beat Bertha for the first time (don't ask how, but I think it involved a lot of Close Combats) then beat Flint (I was most upset by his Earthquake Infernape beating mine) and Lucian first try.

Then I get to Cynthia. I think it might have been Dialga that took down Garchomp actually, or was it yet another Close Combat? Oh well. Point is, it was towards the end of the fight, Milotic Surfed Infernape flat for the nth time, but was low. I sent my 2nd-to-last sac (I think), revived Infernape, and gave Milotic a Close Combat that managed to kill it. One Pokemon left. Since I didn't know her team, I was dreading seeing yet another Infernape counter (the entire team so far besides Lucario had given Infernape serious issues).

Pokemon Champion Cynthia is about to send in ROSERADE.
Will you change your Pokemon?

I actually cried with joy, then Flame Wheeled it flat.

So uh, that's the story of me "accidentally" beating Cynthia on the first attempt (We'll just ignore the 50 something times Bertha Earthquaked me flat). Weird how specifically I remember so much of this.

And oh yeah I love Infernape.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This looks like a fun thread, hence why I wanted to welcome the opportunity to talk about my two favorite Pokémon:
Chandelure

The ones among you that know me will already know that this has been my mascot ever since I joined the Smogon community.
Many skilled artists have helped me establish my identity in this community, using Chandelure and its evolution line as my mascot.
Smogon avatar by Inkblot, PS! wallpaper by monomite, JAPE article avatar by Cretacerus, Trade Thread banner by Jackii, Trick-or-Treat surprise by Sephirona, Custom PS! avatar by Modeling Clay, Chandelure Substitue by Eve, gift by leil and birthday gifts by several people.
Ghost-type Pokémon are some of my favorite Pokémon in general, especially the ones that make objects come to life by possessing them.
While he have Aegislash, Cofagrigus, Drifloon, Driblim, Polteageist and many others for example, Chandelure is the most elegant and luxurious one.
In addition to this, its color palette just so happens to include all of my favorite colors as well. To round off the description, as well as the overall theme I wanted to get going for myself is the fact that Sia is my favorite female singer and Chandelier is my favorite song by her.
You can pretty much connect the dots from here.
Grimmsnarl

Dark-type Pokémon are my second favorite Pokémon type. Grimmsnarl however has to be my favorite one. I've had this opinion ever since it the leaks started floating around during the weeks prior to the Pokémon Sword & Shield release. I am a big fan of classic German literature and, after seeing its shiny form, I knew exactly what it was supposed to be a reference to: the ❝Erlkönig❞, Valentine's Day art by Sephirona, the eponymous spirit or ❝king of the fairies❞ from German Romanticism, a ❝bearded giant or goblin❞ that functions as a psychopomp and ❝lures little children to the land of death❞. The full poem by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, the original one and the translated one, can be read here. Incidentally it also served as a motif for the song Dalai Lama by German band Rammstein. To round this off, Grimmsnarl bears a striking resemblance with Eren Jäger's Attack Titan from the eponymous manga/anime Shingeki no Kyojin by Hajime Isayama (that incidentally happens to be my favorite work of fiction).

Last edited:

Light Sanctity

The Usurper
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
:Kricketune: is the worst best Pokémon ever n_n. Though in all honesty, from Gen IV has to be Garchomp. :Garchomp: After finding out you can get Gible immediately after defeating Gardenia. I was quite pleased. Getting swept by Cynthia's was not a fun experience :psycry: Dragons' to me in some sense have the "strong" aura to them like Kricketune (kidding hah) Though I need to use him at least once. Never used Kricketune. As it would be getting delelel woop back to its ball! n_n

Eve

Bzzt!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
:ss/skitty:
as you'd most likely expect, I first came to love skitty because of its... effectiveness in competitive play? okay, maybe you wouldn't have expected that one. let's just say me and a few friends have a tiering system that keeps tiering pokemon until there aren't any left, and skitty absolutely dominated one of the lowest tiers in gen 7. I loved the tier and came to love skitty as a result. it's also just adorable, and I'd consider it one of the rare pokemon that massively benefitted from the switch to 3d.

:ss/zigzagoon-galar:
galarian zigzagoon is pretty much tied as my favourite pokemon with skitty. unlike skitty, i didn't have to have any experience with this pokemon- i fell in love with it as soon as it was revealed, and have only come to love it even more since. it looks adorable, and its personality and the way that's expressed in its animations is just perfect. keep trying to look tough, little fella! it's totally working.

my original favourite pokemon was swampert because she was my first ever pokemon- i still transfer her into every new game! marshadow was my favourite from its release up until about half way through USUM's lifespan because of how simultaneously cute and powerful it is, and how cool spectral thief is.

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader

when togedemaru was first revealed in one of the SM trailers I knew then and there that I would absolutely love it forever. I like round spherical creatures so this was no surprise. it wasn't my favourite for a while though; in fact, it didn't really crack top 10 even, it was just something I was fond of but not that special to me.
eventually things kinda fell into place. toxtricity dropped to uu which is my main tier, and I was desperately hunting for defensive answers, and eventually I came across wish togedemaru. it was something I then spammed for a long time, in addition to scarf sets and stuff, and I just fell in love with it really fast. I can't even really explain why? it's just funny to see the little adorable rat clapping everything when it has no right to do so.

it's mostly just bc it's cute and I love cute things. it fell under the radar for me for a while, but it eventually usurped my favourite pokemon (and my namesake!)

:bw/drilbur:
speaking of ex-favourite pokemon and namesake, here it is. lilburr is a combination of lily + drilbur with an extra R because lilbur was taken but I think lilburr looks better anyway. drilbur is another pokemon I've always really loved and it's not rlly hard to see why - who can resist that smile?? it's almost as big as its huge ass claws fjdfknhlsfd i love it so much
the reason it took over as my favourite pokemon after a while is because when i got back into competitive pokemon around the time of ultra sun and moon's release after many years of hiatus, i joined my dear friend joey the goon's draft league and on a whim i opted to draft excadrill since i needed a steel type and still had the points for it. it completely carried my season and i fell in love with it, it filled the gap of favourite pokemon that i didn't really have anymore since it had been so long since i played. then i took one last look at its prevolution and it was love at first sight because it's just so cuUUuUTE AAAAA i want to hug one so bad. it helped that it allowed me to actually come up with an online name/tag?/whatever that i liked, i'd been lacking one of those for a while.

honorable mention to :zigzagoon: which was always one of my favourites just bc it's an adorable little raccoon and emerald was the first pokemon game i ever played; with zigzagoon being such an early pokemon it was only natural for my 5 year old self to grow attached to it, :flygon: which was my favourite pokemon for a while, don't rlly remember why but it is cool as hell and i still love it to this day so i guess it was probably just its design and :tepig: which was the first starter pokemon i felt an immediate attachment to (i love the gen 3 and 4 guys but they didn't really hit me quite like the little pig did) and as such is high on the list to this day.

as a bonus, here's my most recent list of favourite pokemon of each type. it's a couple of months old but idt anything has changed other than latias maybe taking over as my favourite dragon.

Originally, it was Typhlosion as that was the very first Pokemon I ever had, on my original Crystal edition cartridge, but then a year later my parents bought me a DS with Pokemon Pearl. I ended up falling love with Infernape shortly after, and it became my first level 100 Pokemon before I even got to the Pokemon League!

Then curious me met this motherfucker.

Garchomp's been my favourite Pokemon for 14 out of the 15 years I've been playing Pokemon. I first found Gible in that little tunnel under Cycling Road and thought it was cute, but it was so low leveled compared to my team that I just boxed it at the time. Then comes along the Champion fight where Cynthia pulled out her Garchomp and I just instantly fell in love. It's an imposing landshark dragon. What's NOT TO LOVE?

It combines everything I want in a favourite Pocket Monster. Good childhood memories, an awesome design and it has consistently been amazing in competitive play.

Honorable mentions for the following though.
The Advance Opening made me think this guy was a legendary. Then Jirachi's movie made me think it was a legendary.
It is infact not a legendary but it's even fucking cooler. I love Absol.

Last edited:
my favorites would be pikachu, mewtwo, charizard, and cyndaquil (not in that order).

pikachu - the anime, plus electric types are dope in general.

mewtwo - the animated movie, very awesome design + abilities + backstory.

charizard - the anime again, plus a badass fire-breathing dragon, what's not to like? love the megas too, incidentally.

cyndaquil - just super cute, yet also really badass in terms of powerset.

1610993659623.png

Hypno! #1 precious baby and my fave pokemon of all time!
I am not sure when exactly Hypno became my favorite, but I have always loved tapirs, and I love bakus (Youkai who have the ability to eat dreams and ward off evil spirits. They also help people sleep better by eating nightmares!). It was only natural that I'd love the pokemon that are based off of these creatures: Drowzee, Hypno, Munna, and Musharna. Something about Hypno's design, however, is just so simplistic and yet loveable! I tend to like human-shape pokemon because they're so huggable, and I think the combination of the tapir-like qualities, the adorable neck floof, and the goofy proboscis monkey-like nose really do it for me. Another thing that really drew me to Hypno was the fact it is misunderstood, which makes me tend to be protective over something. A lot of people project mean things onto Hypno when really Hypno is just like any pokemon and can be friendly and a lovely companion! I think I like pokemon that tend to be mediocre competitively because it feels special to me to use them not for their power but for the love of those pokemon themselves, and they don't get as much love as more popular picks. Using Hypno is challenging but is something I like doing when I get the chance. Finally, my love for Hypno really cemented when I made a whole draft league team around Hypno. I gave all the pokemon backstories and names and grew invested in the story, so much so that I made a visual novel about it. So yeah, I think I might be one of the biggest Hypno fans lol. I have all the Hypno cards, several Hypno plushies, little Hypno charms, etc. Hugging a Hypno plushie makes any bad day much brighter. I love Hypno so much!
Anyways, enough about Hypno, I'll mention some of my other faves too!

Machoke - I really like weightlifting, and for a while I worked really hard to build up my strength, going from effectively a twig to someone who regularly deadlifts and could lift a decent amount. I pictured for a while having a gym with Machoke as my gym theme.

Aipom - Super adorable smiling monkey that is playful and expressive! What's not to love? I think Aipom reaching "one of my faves" status came from just how adorable it was in the anime and in the 3rd pokemon movie.

Dunsparce - Tsuchinoko real and oh so adorable. When I see Dunsparce I just wanna cradle it in my arms and tell it that it's a precious baby that must be protected. Top tier design I love this little critter so much.

Tropius - Friendly dinosaur that could fly and produce food? This pokemon is like, utopian lol. I love dinosaurs, I love grass types, I love the concept of being able to fly, I love gentle pokemon, and I love food. Tropius top tier.

Milotic - The very picture of elegance and grace. What a spectacular design, and a spectacular cry to boot. I love using it in battle because of how tanky it is and I love the story of an "ugly duckling" becoming something beautiful later on.

Druddigon - I love how it looks like a 5 year old designed this pokemon, and I say that in the most loving way possible. It's like your idea of a dragon guarding a castle when you're young, but realized and way cooler and also adorable.

Those are just a few of my faves! I realize I probably sound like the pokemon fanclub guy talking about his Rapidash haha, but I just really love my faves :)

View attachment 308844
Hypno! #1 precious baby and my fave pokemon of all time!
I am not sure when exactly Hypno became my favorite, but I have always loved tapirs, and I love bakus (Youkai who have the ability to eat dreams and ward off evil spirits. They also help people sleep better by eating nightmares!). It was only natural that I'd love the pokemon that are based off of these creatures: Drowzee, Hypno, Munna, and Musharna. Something about Hypno's design, however, is just so simplistic and yet loveable! I tend to like human-shape pokemon because they're so huggable, and I think the combination of the tapir-like qualities, the adorable neck floof, and the goofy proboscis monkey-like nose really do it for me. Another thing that really drew me to Hypno was the fact it is misunderstood, which makes me tend to be protective over something. A lot of people project mean things onto Hypno when really Hypno is just like any pokemon and can be friendly and a lovely companion! I think I like pokemon that tend to be mediocre competitively because it feels special to me to use them not for their power but for the love of those pokemon themselves, and they don't get as much love as more popular picks. Using Hypno is challenging but is something I like doing when I get the chance. Finally, my love for Hypno really cemented when I made a whole draft league team around Hypno. I gave all the pokemon backstories and names and grew invested in the story, so much so that I made a visual novel about it. So yeah, I think I might be one of the biggest Hypno fans lol. I have all the Hypno cards, several Hypno plushies, little Hypno charms, etc. Hugging a Hypno plushie makes any bad day much brighter. I love Hypno so much!
Anyways, enough about Hypno, I'll mention some of my other faves too!

Machoke - I really like weightlifting, and for a while I worked really hard to build up my strength, going from effectively a twig to someone who regularly deadlifts and could lift a decent amount. I pictured for a while having a gym with Machoke as my gym theme.

Aipom - Super adorable smiling monkey that is playful and expressive! What's not to love? I think Aipom reaching "one of my faves" status came from just how adorable it was in the anime and in the 3rd pokemon movie.

Dunsparce - Tsuchinoko real and oh so adorable. When I see Dunsparce I just wanna cradle it in my arms and tell it that it's a precious baby that must be protected. Top tier design I love this little critter so much.

Tropius - Friendly dinosaur that could fly and produce food? This pokemon is like, utopian lol. I love dinosaurs, I love grass types, I love the concept of being able to fly, I love gentle pokemon, and I love food. Tropius top tier.

Milotic - The very picture of elegance and grace. What a spectacular design, and a spectacular cry to boot. I love using it in battle because of how tanky it is and I love the story of an "ugly duckling" becoming something beautiful later on.

Druddigon - I love how it looks like a 5 year old designed this pokemon, and I say that in the most loving way possible. It's like your idea of a dragon guarding a castle when you're young, but realized and way cooler and also adorable.

Those are just a few of my faves! I realize I probably sound like the pokemon fanclub guy talking about his Rapidash haha, but I just really love my faves :)
hypno's pretty dope. they learn a lot of moves in pokemon crystal and can put mons to sleep, excellent for battles or captures.

very cool choices btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)