Zygarde @ Groundium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows

This set is bad, needs modifications deliberately.
I had this idea off classic Zygarde, except with Superpower. Superpower seems really good in this meta, and I wanted to abuse it with a top threat in the OU metagame.
Won't Coil get in the way of Superpower? When you use Coil, You boost your attack, defense and accuracy, with the former two being removed by Superpower. The negative boost from Superpower would drop your positive stats if you have any, meaning no negative stats are being passed to your opponent. Dropping the opponents stats before boosting doesn't work either, as the opponent can just pass the negative boosts back, removing the boosts.
I'm gonna think of a viable set, gimme a sec and I'll update this post with something. (MAYBE)

I’m bored, let’s do niche of the day.
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Sleep Talk

The idea of this set is just to PP stall stuff. Pass some sleep with Talk, Recover HP with Rest and have fun killing stuff!

https://pokepast.es/d21435850c795871 TDA maybe make this a sample it has been successful we need more samples............

Reserved for the best pokemon in the metagame th(is)ese poke fufil an important part of this tier with an overflowing amount of positive traits. These pokemon do have some negitive traits but they are a shadow of the positive traits.

S
Aegislash

This spot is reserved for pokemon that are a fune part of the metagame. These pokemon have a ton of postitive traits and not that amny negitive traits but are a shy bit away from S.

A+
Charizard-Mega-Y
Hoopa-Unbound
Greninja-Ash
Zygarde

A
Heatran
Volcarona
Dragonite
Tornadus-Therian

A-
Serperior
Volcarona
Gliscor
Conkeldur
Pinsir-Mega
Mawile-Mega
Tapu Lele
Charizard-Mega-X
Kartana

These pokemon are on numerous teams just have more negitive traits than above.

B+
Medicham-Mega
Tyranatar
Gyarados-Mega
Tapu Koko

B
Bisharp
Latios
Latias
Heracross
Keldeo
Zeraora

B-
Ribombee
Chesnaught
Suicune
Tapu Fini

These pokemon are usable they although often struggle to find a place in teams.

C+
Zapdos
Crobat
Excadrill
Tangrowth
Gyarados
Pelipper
Swampert-Mega

C
Clefable
Kingdra
Ferrothorn

C-
Thundurus
Scpetile-Mega
Azumarill

These pokemon fit on few teams. They hold a place as a pokemon that can fit on a playstyle, but most of the time something else does its job better. These pokemon if used should only be used on teams they fir perfectly on.

D+
Stoutland
Garchomp-Mega
Politoad
Toxapex
Kabutops

D
Slowbro
SLowking

D-
Mismagius

I am sure i have forgotten some stuff.

Edit: maybe what failure posted should be changed a little and made a resource I wanted to try something new and I looked back at it. It is a nice way to try to see what you can bring.

OK for those who are new here and are looking for sets to try, first, be my guest and innovate. There are a lot of hilarious sets waiting for you to try out. But if you'll are looking for sets that may or may not work because you can't think of anything or looking for a template of moves to look into, I'm gonna post something interesting here.

Can't think of moves to look into and exploit for this metagame? Here are all moves you can use to reduce your stats, before tossing them like a smokin' hot Potato to your opponent.
  • Overheat
  • Psycho Boost
  • V-Create
  • Leaf Storm
  • Draco Meteor
  • Superpower
  • Close Combat
  • Shell Smash
  • Curse
  • Hammer Arm
  • Dragon Ascent
  • Hyperspace Fury
  • Fleur Cannon
  • Ice Hammer
With these moves, let your imagination go wild and try out different sets.

Tornadus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Iron Tail
Any Mon who can exploit stat debuffs from close combat and run wild will definitely work well here. Lum Berry to take status like burn and toxic from someone like Conkeldurr and boost Acrobatics' power to sweep.

Aegislash (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Autotomize
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
For those who are new, Aegislash is unbanned, so this set aims to exploit that. Tank a super effective hit in Shield Mode (Courtesy of its good base 150 defenses), activate Weakness Policy, Autotomize for Speed, go into Blade Mode and run WILD (again, courtesy of its still monstrous 337 SpA, even when uninvested and unboosted.) Nothing more to add but that King's Shield also helping punish contact priority moves (the rare few that can hit it of course) helps.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Zen Headbutt
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch / Fire Punch
Simple, hit with Hyperspace Fury, lower your enemies' defense, and repeat. Use all other moves only when necessary, and watch you enemy crumble as Hoopa-Unbound sends them packing.

Burn Em' Down (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Earthquake
- Roost / Air Slash
My favourite Mon, cause why not? Overheat for power and to weaken your opponent, and use the rest of the moves as coverage. Earthquake for Heatran cause I hate missing Focus Miss. Air Slash is a possibility with all the Fighting-Type Pokemon that are bound to run around (and also as backup STAB because Overheat can still miss, can't forget that it only has 90% accuracy and 8 PP)
Another edit: Maybe lando T could be good on webs or on bisharp teams. It has a good attack stat so it could work as a strong mon to use on webs when the webs are on ur side. What im mainly getting at it.Intimidate lowers ur opponents stats then u ans witch into bisharp/empoleon/milotic/thundurus or something.

Maybe a bulkier web type thing could do with like lando milotic zard y serp shuckle and filler???? The goal is to give teamates boosts through intimidate passing. Although something like oveheat can do the same thing so maybe lando is still going to meh. Lando does get hammer arm and super power atleast i think

Last edited:
My personal vr Reserved for the best pokemon in the metagame these pokemon fulfill an important part of this tier with an overflowing amount of positive traits. These pokemon do have some negative traits but they are a shadow of the positive traits.

S
Aegislash

This spot is reserved for pokemon that are a fun part of the metagame. These pokemon have a ton of postitive traits and not that many negitive traits but are a shy bit away from S.

A+
Charizard-Mega-Y
Hoopa-Unbound
Greninja-Ash
Zygarde

A
Heatran
Volcarona
Dragonite
Tornadus-Therian

A-
Serperior
Volcarona
Gliscor
Conkeldur
Pinsir-Mega
Mawile-Mega
Tapu Lele
Charizard-Mega-X
Kartana

These pokemon are on numerous teams just have more negative traits than above.

B+
Medicham-Mega
Tyranatar
Gyarados-Mega
Tapu Koko

B
Bisharp
Latios
Latias
Heracross
Keldeo
Zeraora

B-
Ribombee
Chesnaught
Suicune
Tapu Fini

These pokemon are usable they although often struggle to find a place in teams.

C+
Zapdos
Crobat
Excadrill
Tangrowth
Gyarados
Pelipper
Swampert-Mega

C
Clefable
Kingdra
Ferrothorn

C-
Thundurus
Scpetile-Mega
Azumarill

These pokemon fit on few teams. They hold a place as a pokemon that can fit on a playstyle, but most of the time something else does its job better. These pokemon if used should only be used on teams they fit perfectly on.

D+
Stoutland
Garchomp-Mega
Politoad
Toxapex
Kabutops

D
Slowbro
SLowking

D-
Mismagius
OK, my two cents. This looks....OK for me, most of the pokes listed above seem fine in their places, though I kinda expected it to look more like the OU VR then this. One nitpick though, why is Aegislash in S rank? It's not so powerful and versatile to the point where it overshadows literally everyone, for now I feel that it should share a home with the rest of the A+ rank for now. Other than that, fix the minor spelling errors and it's fine for me.
Another edit: Maybe lando T could be good on webs or on bisharp teams. It has a good attack stat so it could work as a strong mon to use on webs when the webs are on ur side. What im mainly getting at it.Intimidate lowers ur opponents stats then u ans witch into bisharp/empoleon/milotic/thundurus or something.

Maybe a bulkier web type thing could do with like lando milotic zard y serp shuckle and filler???? The goal is to give teamates boosts through intimidate passing. Although something like oveheat can do the same thing so maybe lando is still going to meh. Lando does get hammer arm and super power atleast i think
Maybe that could work, though I worry about speed control on a team like that. You'll want a fast scarfer or priority booster to act as a revenge killer or cleaner. Maybe Landorus-Thedian could work as said scarfer but even with that I'm still worried that some faster Mon would blow that whole team back done right.
Edit: maybe what failure posted should be changed a little and made a resource I wanted to try something new and I looked back at it. It is a nice way to try to see what you can bring
No, my secret weapon!!!!!! On a serious note, be my guest.

To not make this just a simple reply, I just thought of two odd moves. First and less important, Memento and Z-Memento. The move drops both Attack and Special Attack by two stages at the cost of the user's life. This could be game-changing for a few mons like Serperior, Malamar and the likes. But my more thought of move that I wanna mention is Parting Shot and Z-Pating Shot, doing what Memento does but weaker while not killing the user, just switching it out, allowing for multiple times to set up other teammates. The Z-moves even allow for what is essentially a Full Restore for the Pokemon coming in, allowing for a weakened wall-breaker to come back to sweep. Notable mons are Persian-Alola and Latios, for Z-Parting Shot and Z-Memento respectively. Just my two cents, so be my guest and innovate away.
Persian-Alola (M) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Toxic

Last edited:

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hey everyone, just wanted to say that i'll have a lot more time to put in with stuff like this when finals are over and winter break starts. Thank you Monsareeasy for lightening the load. I'm very appreciative of the stuff yall are submitting.
I’m bored, let’s do niche of the day.
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Sleep Talk

The idea of this set is just to PP stall stuff. Pass some sleep with Talk, Recover HP with Rest and have fun killing stuff!
just know that passing sleep only works once, as sleep clause still applies

Welcome to my 100th post as a Smogon User.

Affects of Hazard passing
Ever heard of Charizard, Pinsir, and Volcarona as threats. Well now these pokemon do not have to deal with stealth rocks as much. You can combine them with a pokemon like serperior for a nice start of a FWG core and more importantly JUST PASS THE HAZARDS BACK. Now you have plentiful switchins with some of the strongest pokemon in the ENTIRE game. Rocks still can fit on a few teams.

Sticky web now bounces back. This may seem like a sticky web nerf, but in reality in the hand of a good player it can act as a buff. If the pokemon is flying it is unaffected by webs. When you have serperior you can have your speed raised or your opponents speed lowered. It also helps punish defog. Bisharp/defiant users and milotic can punish defog and when webs are on there side of the field and they come in they get a atk/spa boost.

Ignoring passing hazards T-spikes is just really bad Poison types absorb them and toxic can be passed back along with tspikes.

Spikes I won't consider in this current meta. They bounce back punishing you and they dont affect some really good mons like Zard-Y.

Affects of stat lowering passing
This means moves like Draco meteor and Overheat are pretty spamable along with others. Moves like hyperspace fury lower your oppoennts defense . so if you used it and they went into something like a weakened ttar you could possibly beat it sooner than if it has not had its defense lowered. These moves are great for when opponents switch out. A moves like shellsmash can (with cloyster) pass defense then with a multi hit move hit again.

Affects of this Metagame not being mono alakazam where alakazam is dark type and it is a 1v1
TheDarkAlakazam is a huge poopy head!!!!!!!!!!!

How much have others experienced the advantage of being the slower attacker in this metagame? When you're the slower attacker, you get to leave your Burn/Poison/Leech Seed on your opponent so they get the health drain at the end of the turn.

How much have others experienced the advantage of being the slower attacker in this metagame? When you're the slower attacker, you get to leave your Burn/Poison/Leech Seed on your opponent so they get the health drain at the end of the turn.
Depends on the pokemon. alot of the time that is true and i agree. Alot of the time also thats bad fore you and causes bad things as it would in a normal match
(may add something esle here idrk)

This chat has gone quiet for almost a week, so naturally I've got to annoy you all with more wacky sets that most likely would not work. (Do I look like I have any friends to play or test with?)

Specially Defensive (Tangrowth) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis
OK, so maybe a Assault Vest Set would be better, but I want to bring this set up because it finally is able to handle both sides of the attack spectrum better with help from Leaf Storm, dropping your opponent's special attack by half. No Assault Vest also means support moves like Sleep Powder is now viable.

Physically Defensive (Tangrowth) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
And this is the Assault Vest version of the set above, trading support and physical defense for a special wall you'll be hard pressed to break without hazards. For how to use, just spam moves and do not be afraid to click Leaf Storm.

Hulk, Smash! (Cloyster) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Surf / Hidden Power Electric
- Rock Blast
If you want a sweeper, here it is, Mr Shell Smash himself. Drop your defenses as you boost your offenses and speed, and pass those defense drops to your opponent as you whack away at your opponent. Surf and HP Electric is there for physically defensive walls (though it probably not come in as useful as I'll imagine lol). This pokemon has been mentioned earlier, so this is just a continuation of that thought.

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Superpower
- Defog
So many regenerators here. Wow. OK, this set is to abuse Superpower to be an absolute troll to physical threats, while acting as a great Serperior threat. Pidgeot-Mega could work, trading the ability to switch for perfect accuracy, but I'll leave you all to make a set with that pokemon.

Ursaring (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Thunder Punch
Ah, meme of the day. Guts is most likely the best ability for this pokemon under Trick Room, but I'll leave the set creation to anyone insane enough to use that. Since Toxic Orb activates immediately after a turn ends, you can use Quick Feet to get a horrifying Speed jump on your opponents. Close Combat no longer weakens you for your opponent to hit you harder, so that's a bonus. Thunder Punch is for the nonexistent Skarmory, but change as you please. Ignore this unless you're insane.

Swellow (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Work Up
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Protect / Quick Attack / Heat Wave
Meme of the Day #2. Abuse Guts to your hearts desire, passing on the likes of burns to your opponent and going all out when all steels and rocks are gone (which isn't exactly hard with the fighting, fire and grass types running around here). Work Up as its only offense boosting move to terrorise your opponent.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Low Sweep
Because ANY status exploiting Pokemon will be good here, if the beginning Gliscor and Conkeldeer hype is anything to go by. Spore is a pain in any metagame, SubSeed to harass and exploit healing from Poison Heal, and Low Sweep to lower Speed and pass on Toxic to anyone not yet snoozing. This, along with the possibility of Spore SD Technician Breloom, will make this set at least an options, if a poor one.
Edit: Added Sprites for the Pokemon, and added a few more wacky sets.

Last edited:
Alright here’s more evidence about SERP.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7hotpotato-7614

I have him the boosts so he could prove that it’s really unhealthy. Look at that. When given the chance, SERP hazes his way to victory.
Honestly this is a joke. Its like saying if you give charizard 6 dds it's busted. Why? It is not my problem that you played bad and gave it a free boost please provide good evidence ty.and it has.many good.counters and checks. Thankyou.

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So I would like to shift the conversation of this metagame (for now) away from Serperior and instead towards

Aegislash big boi
Aegislash was recently unbanned, but more so to test and see if King's Shield is balanced now that the Attack debuff can be passed away from anyone affected. It would be awesome if we could quickly find out if this Pokemon can still be abused, despite the debuff in its signature move.

If anyone would like to be involved in testing, write on my wall

Who knows, maybe this metagame will OMoTM some day? Anyway, with the massive gap with no activity, not a lot happened, except the Zygarde ban, but that wasn’t that prominent in the metagame. Anyway Monsaryesy bullied me into admitting I think Mega Pinsir has a huge place in the metagame. It’s super-powerful stab attacks are extremely hard to wall reliably, except maybe my, um, mean robot... thing Magearna, or Skarmory would be more reliable. Superpower can be used to weaken them for a priority quick attack of Frustration to kill the opponent. It’s very strong and deserves is heavy place on the VR. I think physical attacker Fighting types flourish more, because they aren’t as vulnerable after a CC or Superpower. SERP is still ban-worthy but nobody agrees with me so I’ll shut up.

Let’s get OMoTM in April!

Also, TDA, I think we should have a really dead discord server for posting announcements and for quick discussion, as an alternative to a showdown chatroom. I could run it, but tda probably wants to, right?

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
Who knows, maybe this metagame will OMoTM some day? Anyway, with the massive gap with no activity, not a lot happened, except the Zygarde ban, but that wasn’t that prominent in the metagame. Anyway Monsaryesy bullied me into admitting I think Mega Pinsir has a huge place in the metagame. It’s super-powerful stab attacks are extremely hard to wall reliably, except maybe my, um, mean robot... thing Magearna, or Skarmory would be more reliable. Superpower can be used to weaken them for a priority quick attack of Frustration to kill the opponent. It’s very strong and deserves is heavy place on the VR. I think physical attacker Fighting types flourish more, because they aren’t as vulnerable after a CC or Superpower. SERP is still ban-worthy but nobody agrees with me so I’ll shut up.

Let’s get OMoTM in April!

Also, TDA, I think we should have a really dead discord server for posting announcements and for quick discussion, as an alternative to a showdown chatroom. I could run it, but tda probably wants to, right?
sorry for the extremely late response. We already have a discord server! You can find it here: https://discord.gg/jjsuJyp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)