Hoovy Offense

Hi this is probably one of the most fun team I’ve played with in the BW2 meta I had a random idea one day to use choice band guts Conkeldurr and this was team that resulted it was very good at beating lando keldeo ttar cores and pretty good again st rain only having issues with sun teams and some hyper offense if a predict wrong or get unlucky. I peaked pretty high on the ou ladder and am currently sitting in the top 150

Teambuilding Process

This team was built around banddurr so he is my first mon

The next two mons came in at the same time. Mamo was to deal with fast flying types as conk’s ice punch wrecks lando t and gliscor and scarfrachi to help against physics such as latios and alakazam they also helped against dragon spam in the process

Gengar was added along with forretress to lay hazards and spinblock and spin hazards away

Rotom-w was added for synergy specs was used to toast rain and for more powa

Forre was losing me so much momentum so I switched to xatu who helped the team greatly against Breloom and lead skarmory and forretress

Conkeldurr @ Choice Band

Trait Guts

Adamant Nature (+Atk –SAtk)

128 Hp 252 Atk 128 SDef

Moves

Mach Punch

Drain Punch

Ice Punch

Payback

The move set is fairly simply mach punch for priority as Conk is pretty slow drain punch for recovery ice punch and payback are to eliminate common switch-ins such as gliscor landorus-T and starmie to name a few. The EVs used are to max Conks attack and make him bulkier on the special side this allows him to take Keldeo’s hydro pump in rain and fire a drain punch back.

His job on this team is to either sweep or punch holes for other members such as mamo or jirachi depending on the other team.

Mamoswine @ life orb

Trait: Thick fat

Jolly Nature (-SAtk +Spe)

252 Atk 4Def 252 Spe

Moves

Earthquake

Ice shard

Stealth rock

Icicle Spear

Mamo is my second user of priority and is really antimeta he resists boltbeam coverage and stabs destroy the majority of the meta. The moveset is fairly standard EQ abd ice shard are pretty much mandatory. Stealth rock is used to for obvious reasons and icicle spear is used to break dragonite’s multiscale and substitutes as well as it is more accurate than icicle crash. EVs are also pretty standard jolly is chosen to speed tie with dragonite and out speed breloom

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf

Trait: serene grace

Jolly Nature (-SAtk +Spe)

252 Atk 4SDef 252 Spe

Moves

Iron Head

U-turn

Ice Punch

Trick

Scarfraichi is a great scarfer and horribly annoying for certain teams to deal with. He is a real bailout for this team allowing to flinch a threat to death and u-turn to be used as a scout and hit physics hard ice punch is used to deal with dragons and thunderus-T and tornadus. Trick is used against stallish teams or against setup sweepers such as volcorona or cm latias. Overall jirachi has bailed me out of bad situations or utterly destroyed an opposing team with iron head

Gengar @ life orb

Trait levitate

Timid Nature (-Atk +Spe)

4 HP 252 SAtk 252 Spe

Moves

Substitute

Pain Split

Shadow ball

Focus blast

Gengar was originally used to spinblock he can still help me after I set up rocks or reflect hazards back with xatu but his real strength is destroying stall teams as once I am behind a sub the combination of life orb boosted attacks and pain split allow me to make it a hard day on stall players. I can use substitute repeatedly (as my opponent keeps trying to break my sub) until I am low on health and nail their wall with pain split, life orb boosted shadow ball and focus blast aren’t something to be laughed at either denting a lot pokes to be revenged by priority or jirachi

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet

Trait Magic Bounce

Bold Nature (-Atk +Def)

248 HP 200 Def 60 Spe

Moves

Toxic

U-turn

Roost

Heat wave

Xatu is a great mon especially in ou it deal with notobal ou threats such as ferrothorn, skarmory, breloom and sometimes scizor and then proceeds to roast them with heatwave not to mention it reflects hazards and other moves back at the user while forming a voltturn core with jirachi and rotom and allows me to gain momentum. For example if I predict a tyranitar switch-in I can u-turn out to jirachi or conk persevering my momentum. Toxic is another move I use for switch-ins and helps me greatly against stall it isn’t the best but is more useful against things like gastrodon and lando-t than thunderwave. Rocky helmet provides useful chip damage and after xatu has gotten rid of hazard layers and can kill weakened physical attackers. The evs allow me to hit rocks number and be physically defensive as possible while outspeeding base 70s and some magnezone

Rotom-W Choice Specs

Trait Levitate

Modest Nature (-Atk +SAtk)

252 HP 252 SAtk 4 SDef

Moves

Volt switch

Hydro Pump

Hidden Power fire

Signal Beam

Specs rotom the power this set has is amazing. The evs make rotom as bulky as possible while maxing its special attack. Volt switch and hydro pump are fairly standard while hidden power fire and signal beam deal 4x damge to rotom’s common switch-ins ferro and celebi either denting them significantly of OHKOing them depending on the set they run. Volt switch is the move I use most as it provides momentum but against rain team with elec immunity such as thundurus-t or jolteon hydro pump spam is great with rain on the field as it 2hkos defensive toed and hits hard. Rotom’s job is to take a hit and deal damgage while preserving momentum and the health of my wall breakers.

Threats Volcorona

I need to keep rocks and keep my priority users alive in sun and in rain rotom-w can nuke it at +1

Thanks for reading my rmt it is a fun team to play with and matches well against most archetypes.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Turducken64,

First, Conkeldurr would really appreciate the ability to switch moves. Although Choice Band hits really hard, fighting-types resists are everywhere and being locked into Mach Punch against Gliscor for example really kills momentum. Instead you can try an Sheer Force set with Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Ice Punch, and ThunderPunch. This gives Conkeldurr fantastic Boltbeam coverage while having a solid stab move that can recover health and priority. Since you can now switch moves, Conkeldurr can also clean up weakened teams with a prority Mach Punch and Drain Punch to heal its health back up.

On Rotom-W, with Xatu/Conkeldurr checking Ferrothorn I feel like HP Fire is unnecessary. HP Fire's power diminishes against common rain teams and being locked into HP Fire gives the opponent an easy set-up oppertunity. Instead, I think HP Ice would be a better move since it greatly expands Rotom-W's coverage and allows you to hit common Pokemon like Dragonite, Landorus-T, and Salamence. For the last slot, doesn't really serve much use besides hitting Celebi. With Jirachi and Gengar both checking Celebi, I think you can consider using Trick instead. Trick allows Rotom-W to cripple common switch-ins like Ferrothorn and helps greatly against opposing stall teams.

With Trick on Rotom-W, I think you should give Healing Wish instead of Trick to Jirachi. Healing Wish is a great move to have on an offensive team like your because it allows you to fully healing a weakened sweeper, and gives you extra security in case your check to an opposing team's sweeper is weakened. It also allows a Pokemon a free switch-in, which can be great when you don't want your Pokemon to take extra damage.

The main problem with your team however, is having only a single water resist. Another with your team is the lack of a clear win condition. While you have a lot of powerful Pokemon in Conkeldurr, Mamoswine, and Rotom that can break through opposing defenses, you don't seem to have a sweeper than can clean up. (Jirachi might, but Steel/Ice is too commonly resisted and it lacks the power.) With this in mind, I think your team would benefit from switching Mamoswine to a DD Dragonite. Although you lose Stealth Rocks, Xatu can bounce the opposing team's Stealth Rocks and other hazards. Dragonite gives you a win condition while providing you will important Water and Fire-type resists. This allows Dragonite to check Volcarona with powerful Outrage or Espeed. With Conkeldurr/Rotom-W weakening Dragonite's counters, Dragonite will have an easier time sweeping.

Hope this helps!

Sets:
Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)