Hilarious NPC Quotes

In Emerald, after you are given a Pokenav, you register people in it, and it'll tell you "Registered (name) in the Pokenav." Pretty standard.
But if Scott, the mysterious man that keeps following you, is registered, it says, "Registered (insert feeling of extreme suspicion and regret here) this Scott person in the Pokenav."
I don't know why, but the notion that the only person in the pokemon world sane enough to find a grown man tailing a child disturbing is the Pokenav voice is very funny to me.

What? Kartana, the Drawn Sword Pokémon? Sure, Chief—pull the other one! I know a piece of origami when I see one. Whoever made this has got an eye for detail, though. There’s serious care in this foldin’! Keep an eye on that—it’d be a right shame if it got blown away in the wind or put through the wash!
Most of Peony's dialogue is hilarious, but this one really got a chuckle out of me!

:ss/simisear:
"When it gets excited, embers rise from its head and tail and it gets hot. For some reason, it loves sweets."

This mystery as to why Simisear likes sweets is funny for two reasons. First, its original Black entry explains why it likes sweets:

"It loves sweets because they become energy for the fire burning inside its body."

Second, it implies that there needs to be a reason to love sweets beyond the fact that they taste good.

"When it gets excited, embers rise from its head and tail and it gets hot. For some reason, it loves sweets."

This mystery as to why Simisear likes sweets is funny for two reasons. First, its original Black entry explains why it likes sweets:

"It loves sweets because they become energy for the fire burning inside its body."

Second, it implies that there needs to be a reason to love sweets beyond the fact that they taste good.
Plot twist: the only thing they can taste is sweet

So this would imply that a Simisear with a -speed nature wouldn't like the taste of sweets (as a result of that nature), but still appreciate their value as fuel?

Two quotes from the Fame Checker:

"Lt. Surge was always famous for his cautious nature in the Army."

"Lt. Surge installed the traps in the Gym himself. He set up double locks everywhere."

It seems for all his hot-shot bravado, Lt. Surge is far from a risk-taker.
Definitely not like Mad Anthony Wayne

I like the Team Rocket guy in FR/LG and RBY that accuses you of ''betraying'' Team Rocket lol.

Reminded me of Wes betraying Team Snagem (IIRC) in Colosseum, almost made me think if Red was originally a Rocket haha.

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
It's the look of utter helplessness and fear in Piers' expression that makes this. It all but says "Please for the love of God help me"

I like the Team Rocket guy in FR/LG and RBY that accuses you of ''betraying'' Team Rocket lol.

Reminded me of Wes betraying Team Snagem (IIRC) in Colosseum, almost made me think if Red was originally a Rocket haha.
I'd like to think that the Rocket guy at Nugget bridge went back and told him that you joined because he was too ashamed to admit he utterly failed, so that's where this guy got the impression you were with them from

Did you know Mario made a cameo in the Gen 1 games? (and FR/LG) He has a bucket on his head.

As much as I'd like to just say that and make you ask WTF, this post would get deleted for trolling if I didn't say where. If you check one TV (in Saffron City IIRC) Mario's there. With a bucket on his head. Really.
I just automatically assume any instance of Mario with a bucket on his head is a reference to Mario and Wario for the SNES.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When I think about it, you, too, are all alone in the world. Hold on a sec... How great is that!

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am doing a fresh playthrough of Black 1 rn and I talked to all the random NPCs in Striaton City so far, but one of them had a pretty funny thing to say:

"The Striaton City Gym Leader. No matter how often I challenge him, he always uses Pokemon that I don't like..."

Also not quite as funny, but an NPC next to the Dreamyard basically says "Some Trainers train themselves and their Pokemon in the Dreamyard. You might think about going there... Could be you'll find something..."

It's like aside from Cilan telling you to go to the Dreamyard, the game is literally pushing players towards the gift elemental monkey you'll get there and wants you to go get it for the first gym. It's almost funny in a sense.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
"You wanna know what I do when some machine messes up? The first thing I do is give it a nice hard smack! I mean, most of the time I smash it to pieces, but hey, what can you do? Now let's see if I can't fix you!" - Guzma

He straight up threatens to smack a child and that's why Guzma is my favorite character in Pokemon
Not just smack, with him saying he "most of the time breaks it to pieces" he's threatening to beat up the protag to a pulp. Which puts what Nanu told the player when they enter Po Town into perspective: "If you don't make it, I'll be sure your remains at least get back home".

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)