Pending Hidelines/Clearlines possible improvements

Masterofthemaster

Witness it… The sinking of the sun…
is a Top Social Media Contributor
This suggestion is about the "/hidelines" and "/clearlines" commands. I think that both commands can be improved or a best option can appear. I'd like that we, as staff, can clear/hide only messages that break the rules or interrupts the normal message flow in the chat. I feel that hidelines are very arbitrary, since the command works clearing the latest messages from a user to the oldest ones depending on the number given in the command, regardless the content of the message. I have an example of this situation:

ANyqo1D.png

We can see in this screenshot my messages. One of them is breaking the rules for whatever reason. The rest of my comments are not breaking the rules, however a staff can use "/hidelines" or "/clearlines" to hide/clear the third message and the issue with this is that the fourth and fifth message must be erased in order to erase the third.

DwTa3Ko.png

The change of this will be a feature that shows (only to staff) squares to the right of the messages. If a square is clicked, the message will be deleted in the same way that a "/hidelines" do (and with the warn announcement).

Qns0NJ6.png

A second option can be when a staff uses the "/hidelines" command on someone the squares appears in the messages of the user and same feature.

It can be good improvement to the commands and, in my experience, staff's duty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)