National Dex HEROES AND VILLAINS.

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
:sv/garganacl: :sv/tornadus-therian: :sv/skeledirge: :sv/toxapex: :sv/clodsire: :sv/gholdengo:

Introduction
Hai! Im not gonna lie bros, I never expected to be doing a stall RMT anytime ever LOL, especially not in this mickey mouse gen, but alas here we are. I built this team around Garganacl. specifically Rocks Garg since its one of the few cool mons I havent built with this gen, and I always bitch about how broken Salt Cure is so here we are. Heroes and Villains is the best rap album of 2022 IMO, and definitely one of my favourites oat, so thats gonna be the theme of this RMT. Hope this is a good read and that you like the team!

Build Process

:garganacl:
Garg was the base of the team, and what I decided to build around

:garganacl: :tornadus-therian:
Torn T deals with pesky Grounds like Great Tusk and Ting-Lu which greatly annoy Garg since its not ID, I enviosioned this to be a Hazard Stacking team so the set was initially Knock Off + Nasty Plot to break and force boots removal, especially on opposing Clodsire, but, which is useful Gholdego, but was changed to Taunt to help with Ape, but still means it forces damage onto Clod and breaks bulkier teams better. Speaking of Ghold…

:garganacl: :tornadus-therian: :gholdengo:
Oh my god this mon is busted as shit with Tera, it literally has 0 consistent checks and if played well with proper Tera timing can solo teams on its own. The double setup core is amazing since they all pressure their shared checks in Clod, Gambit, and Rotom-W. Its also the main steel of the team and what prevents this team from being fucked in the future by Lele.

:garganacl: :tornadus-therian: :gholdengo: :clodsire:
Clodsire rounds off the Hazard Stacking core, and is our first Unaware mon as well as our Ground. Clod is an amazing pair for Nasty Plot Torn T since it blanks most of the Electrics that threaten the latter out, and forces them to give it a free turn to not risk Torn punching a hole with its boosted attacks. Tera Dark is standard so the team does not lose to the most broken mon in the tier (espartha). It also checks Dragapult in conjunction with our next addition…. Toxapex!

:garganacl: :tornadus-therian: :gholdengo: :clodsire: :toxapex:
Toxapex is the second best regenerator mon in the tier, and scouts a large majority of the tier really well, preventing the rest of the team from being VoltTurned on and then dying. It also forms the first half of my rain counterplay.

:garganacl: :tornadus-therian: :gholdengo: :clodsire: :toxapex: :skeledirge:
Tera Water Skeledirge is my second Unaware mon, and helps seal off the team vs offensive Grounds and Waters. Pairs perfectly with Toxapex as it scouts everything, preventing Barraskewda from mindlessly flipping on it for example.

I made a lot changes after getting these 6 in order, shoring up specific matchups via editing moves, Tera types, and spreads. Thank you especially to ChrisPBacon for helping me with these, friend.

The Team
:sv/garganacl: :leftovers:
SUPERHERO (Garganacl) @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Salt Cure
- Protect
- Recover

Garganacl is the star of the team, and I wanted to use the Stealth Rock due to how well it matches up, and beat in the long term, almost every single Defogger in the tier, with the sole exception being Gliscor which no one uses so its fine. This Garg is Tera Fairy to shore up the Specs Pult MU to a tee, since Draco can bust through Clodsire without much trouble since it forces recovers, and especially Tera Dragon variants can be scary. The moves are standard, Salt Cure is needed since its arguably the best move in existence, completely free unlimited progress that gets better on certain mons too. Protect is extremely useful since in practice it has helped Garg heal up out of range of things like Ting Lu EQs, Rotom-W Hydros, and defensive Lando Earthquakes, which its often put into range of due to it being one of the few boot-less members in a Defog-less team, as well with it often willing to trade HP to get Rocks up or Salt Cure something.

:sv/tornadus-therian: :heavy-duty-boots:
TOO MANY NIGHTS (Tornadus-Therian) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 44 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt / Toxic
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast

Tornadus-T is the team’s Ground immune and first breaker. Taunt here helps deal with Annihilape, as well as bust through other common NP Torn checks such as Clodsire. The moveset is standard, I fiddled around with Heat Wave and Focus Blast but settled on Focus Blast since I felt Heatran could be more threatening to the team in more scenarios. Ghold is also easy to wear down, and can lose if chipped enough regardless. The given EV spread lets Torn outspeed max speed Iron Valiant, with the remaining in SpAtk for harder hitting canes. Toxic is an option over Taunt that makes you unable to take advantage of Clodsire, but pressures Electrics like Tapu Koko, Rotom-W, and Zapdos more, I feel like its preference which is used, as both are great options, and both have saved me countless of times.

:sv/skeledirge: :heavy-duty-boots:
FEEL THE FIYAAAAH (Skeledirge) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Torch Song
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Slack Off

Skeledirge has a relatively standard set, although I did run more Speed compared to most Skeledirges as there seems to be more and more stuff creeping it / around that range. Tera Water is quite needed in NatDex in general so you can actually handle the rain mons while still being able to check Mega Scizor. Skele has to Tera early if you load into a matchup where its Tera is needed (Sun tusk, SD Garchomp), as it cant safely switch into these Pokemon consistently, and will need to if you dont want to lose important Pokemon.

:sv/toxapex: :heavy-duty-boots:
RAINDROPS (INSANE) (Toxapex) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Toxic

Toxapex is an integral part of the team, pivoting and scouting moves from most choiced lock Pokemon, whilst also dealing with the likes of Iron Valiant, Mega Lopunny, and Zamazenta. With double Unaware + double setup I felt Haze was a bit uneeded, however its an option and I would most likely drop Scald for it. PhyDef Pex is needed in the meta due to some notable brokens like Rain, Urshifu, and Zamazenta, and Tera Dragon is to prevent Z-Move / Nasty Plot Rotom W variants from plowing through the team, and if im behind on the game due to Rotom Volts.

:sv/clodsire: :heavy-duty-boots:
NIAGRA FALLS (Clodsire) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Recover
- Poison Jab / Toxic
- Earthquake

Clodsire is the second half of my Unaware core, and handles threats on the special side such as TBolt Iron Valiant, Espartha, and Gholdengo. Poison Jab is a very cool tech Chris showed me that allows Clodsire to Poison Tera’ed Gholdengo, as they can get extremely scary in the late game since Clodsire is unable to touch them. PJab also lets me pressure Taunt users such as Torn and Grimmsnarl if needed. Toxic is of course a more consistent option and better in the long term, but PJab has been great due to how busted Ghold is, and the threats you Tox still not liking PJab and are dealt with easily otherwise. Clod is of course Tera Dark for broken Espartha.

:sv/gholdengo:
F940DA66-4041-4A5E-8358-3865BF404FBC.png

CREEPIN’ (Gholdengo) @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 12 SpA / 128 SpD / 72 Spe
Calm Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain

Rounding up the team we have NatDex’s number 2 broken Pokemon, Gholdengo! This is a standard bulky Ghold set with some tweaks to the EV spread, mainly some extra Speed EVs for Rotom-W, Tyranitar, and SpD Heatran. The SpD lets it take 3 Torn T HWaves, the SpAtk is to OHKO Torn T at +2, and the Def is a dump to take Knock Offs and Pursuits better when Teraed. Ghold is the resident Steel-type and deals with Tapu Lele well, while also checking Garganacl and with Covert Cloak, which can be very dangerous if played well, and extremely annoying at the worst. Outside of that, standard Gholdengo set, bulky Plot is insanely busted and wins games on its own with Tera very easily.

Threatlist

:rotom-wash: :zapdos: :tapu-koko:
Electric types are one of the more annoying matchups for the team, as Clod is my sole Electric immune (and check really lol), it is often forced to Tera in order to check certain threats such as Espartha which otherwise run down my team. Furthermore, its not hard to pressure and lure with specific teammates such as Calm Mind Psychock Iron Valiant, or get Pursuited by the likes of Weavile. Rotom Wash can be especially dangerous as they are able to beat and force out Clodsire, and since Toxapex is PhysDef it takes+- 40 from Volt, and is often Knock bait against stuff like Weavile and Kingambit, letting it get worn down by Spikes quicker. Toxapex can Tera Dragon in the worst case if it becomes top hard to handle, but wasting the Tera on Toxapex instead of Gholdengo or Skeledirge can be annoying.

:garchomp:
Offensive Garchomp, and by extension its Mega is a nightmare for this team to face as it forces Skeledirge to Terastal early on in order to not lose to it. Add on to the fact that Skeledirge has limited recovery, and complete worst case gets chipped slightly it can be a pain to deal with. However, Skele alongside solid play, ie forcing it in, wearing it down, forcing status on it etc all make this much more playable in practice especially since Skeledirge is a really hard stopgap to it as long as it isnt too chipped.

:manaphy: + :pelipper:
Manaphy rain is a bit uncommon as the other abusers are usually so much better, but Mana has the added benefit of destroying this stall unless you destroy them first. Your forced to lead with Ghold, and generally want to Tera early too, pressuring Manaphy and the like early on, and you have to be proactive with trades as well. Getting up rocks early is also great since it fucks Pelliper over early, and Plot Torn also punches a lot of holes. Not a unwinnable MU by any means, just have to know how to play it.

:tapu-lele:
Choice Specs Lele pretty much clicks against this team, there isnt much it can do barring Ghold lives and it isnt Modest / Hazards arent up. Unfortunately in a tier like NatDex there are things you have to admit you have an incredibly hard MU against, and Specs Lele is one of them.

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1779553978-g087xhzla4zm0zj67u5r588fgvbrfcepw Against Manaphy Rain, shows how with good play and proper gameplan it can beat it without that much trouble.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1779539130-iga5t8csmq9uto83jdhdyo8z1ik4jmbpw Showing the importance of having Tera Dark Cloddy, if not game would have been lost to Espartha assuming Vstra played it well.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1778924609-mzktu2syo0gum3udygsohf5ettsh6rfpw Im ngl i was confused by the demon ass Tran set and my brain did not register it for a few turns LOL.

Ill add more replays when i can find them xd

Import

Shoutouts
R8 Spellcaster pannu vstra ChrisPBacon Theia Sulo Solaros & Lunaris Frito UT

i love u all u guys u r out of this world, theres not much more words to say but u guys r my number one(s)

YAYALAND: AndViet anique AlphaRay01 Lialiabeast 3MoreMinutes LpZ Snak Noglastica Orangesodapop Sahki
2020 idm boomer

BEST JERK oh my god u guys r amazing i cannot imagine playing this game without u guys, to more good memories together <3

National Dex people: Ryuji Kate Milo Redgoop115 Phyn Kaede Jho Sputnik Kris Jordy TheDragonMaster Isza Kyo Avaritia

thank u guys for making this mickey mouse tier very fun in the few years i larped here, u have all done an impeccable job thruout and could not imagine larping with anyone else

im ngl i wanted to do more but i know i will end up missing a lot of people, but im sure u know who u all are, i have really enjoyed my time on this website thanks to all of u, much love :blob_heart:

bai​

Last edited:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Hey adem!

This is a very nice showcase of the team, definitely going to be selected for RMT of the month.

I really like the Toxapex + Garganacl defensive core a lot. Quite hard to take down especially when you Tera Garganacl. When you add Skele, Clodsire, and then you add Tornadus Therian for ground immunity I see this being a very annoying stall team to find weaknesses for.

oh and come back we miss you :tymp:

Adem my goat <3

Altho I think u forgot to mention in the teams weaknesses that it has a very hard time with Hoopa-U TR with Hoopa specifically EV'd to outspeed Skeledirge outside of TR. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)