Help with balancing fan game NPC battle?

I'm very new to this site so I have no idea if this is the correct place to post this, if not then please let me know :)

This is the team I made for the first gym in the Pokemon game I am making. I am only using the first 4 gens in this game. This first gym leader is farm themed, so I would like to keep miltank and combusken on the team, but the others are fine to switch out. The game is supposed to be really hard, with each gym battle requiring actual planning to beat, but also this is the first gym and there will not be too many pokemon available to the player yet, so I don't want it to be impossible.

Before the first gym, the player will have access to one ghost, one rock, and one fighting-type pokemon, which are misdreavus, kabuto, and either riolu or tyrogue. I originally structured this team around facing Lucario. The other pokemon the player will have access to are all typical early game bug/normal/flying mons, in addition to miltank. With that out of the way, here's the team.

Bibarel @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Simple
Level: 16
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defense Curl
- Rollout
- Super Fang
- Aqua Jet

Miltank @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 12 Atk / 236 Def / 244 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Milk Drink
- Stomp

Combusken (M) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 Atk / 24 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Aerial Ace
- Flame Charge
- Feint

Tauros @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulldoze
- Pursuit
- Horn Attack
- Refresh

Hoothoot (F) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 40 SpA / 228 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Silver Wind
- Whirlwind
- Air Cutter
- Roost

Wigglytuff (F) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stored Power
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Echoed Voice

Bibarel is a physical sweeper, here to scare the player with rollout. The player won't really have access to any pokemon that resist rollout, except for tyrogue/riolu, but for that I gave it super fang and aqua jet.
Miltank is the stall
Combusken is my answer to lucario, and just overall a powerful physical sweeper
Tauros is another physical sweeper. Bulldoze scares out kabuto and lucario, but pursuit punishes them for switching out
Hoothoot has tinted lens silver wind for the stat boost, and whirlwind to spread the damage around
Wigglytuff is another stall. Calm mind + stored power for ghost and fighting types, and wish to heal

Please let me know what you think!

As far as I'm aware, this is definitely not the place to ask this at all, but I'll give you some advice because why not. Full EVs/IVs on the first gym means that your game will suck ass to play. Plain and simple.

In-Game ain't Showdown, you don't just drag a slider and have perfect mons. This shit will end up grindy as hell. And on the early game too, which is even worse because early game periods are always kind of a slog. That's why we playtest games. There are also a bunch of minor slips, but I won't bother talking about them because you really should just scrap this team.

You shouldn't reply to this post btw. As I said, this is 100% not the place for this kind of thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)