Help with 1st TR team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so since this is my first RMT (Ever), please bare with me.
A little about my experience. I have been playing Pokemon ever since I got my hands on the blue version. I tried a little of competitive battling around Ruby and Sapphire but quickly abandoned due to the time required to breed. When XY release, I decided to give it another go with the addition of destiny knot and other IV checking mechanics. This enabled me to understand the basics behind OU, roles, cores and a little about synergy in general.

Generation 7 release and having spent my entire summer following VGC16, I fell in love with this format and decided to give it a try.
Being an all time lover of slower Pokemon in general, I felt like a trick room would be the best to experiment a new play style.

Oranguru @ Mental Herb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Protect
- Trick Room
- Instruct
- Psychic

Oranguru is the MVP of this team. Basic trick room setter, by now most people already know what he does and I feel like it becomes more of a mind game. Many times I have seen fast teams use him to remove my trick room which is why I decided to include a fast Pokemon such as Salamence.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 228 HP / 184 Atk / 4 Def / 92 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Heavy Slam

Having read so many wonderful reviews on the incredible bulk this pokemon has, Celesteela was an obvious choice for its amazing bulkiness and nice typing. Even though it has great defenses it still gets obliterated by electric types. I decided to add something to protect it from electric moves. A-Marowak.
252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 228 HP / 92 SpD Celesteela: 320-380 (81.6 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 52 HP / 4 Def / 196 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump

In order to intimidate and quickly get rid of opposing threats such as Garchomp.

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Superpower
- Protect
- Wood Hammer
- Leech Seed

Solid offensive sweeper, Tapu Bulu removes any other terrain and serves to counter water pokemon. I decided to go with Wolfe Glick's set for its sustainability and to destroy water tanks.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 142 Atk / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Bonemerang
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Protect

Finally Marowak, my 5th Pokemon! Great new typing and ability which enables to absorb electric damage. I often switch out my Gyarados to my Marowak in order to sponge away the damage. Standard moves, Bonemerang checks most electric types, shadow bone will prove itself useful against opposing Marowaks, Fire Blitz for stab and ohkoing Celesteela.

For 6th Slot I've been thinking about Muk but not sure.

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Sneak

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)