Gen 1 Help me pick my last mon for my Parasect team OU

Been using lead parasect in ou for a minute now, but I can't decide which mon should be my last pick. So I figured I'd ask what yall think.
Parasect

- Spore
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Hyper Beam

Parasects is decently bulky, so unless it's facing of a jynx it should be able to take any non crit move. It's goal is to take a hit, put something to sleep, substitute, swords dance as much as it can and hit something for big damage, ideally.

Snorlax

- Amnesia
- Psychic
- Reflect
- Rest

Pretty simple Amnesia lax, not sure if Psychic is the way to go but I like the special drops on chansey, not to confident with it tho

Tauros

- Body Slam
- Hyper Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Earthquake

Using Tauros because it's Tauros. Earthquake for gengar and rhydon/ golem, Thunderbolt fo cloyster

Chansey

- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Sing
- Soft-Boiled

Back up sleeper incase Parasect gets put to sleep, icebeam for Freeze chance, Thunderbolt for starmie

Starmie

- Blizzard
- Psychic
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Starmie is back up incase jynx comes out. Jynx will one hit ko the sect like half the time, so if I see a jynx come out I let Starmie get put to sleep and then hopefully don't get frozen and put jynx asleep with chansey.
Psychic to bully gengar

Golem

- Earthquake
- Rockslide
- Self Destruct
- Substitute

I'm least, confident about Golem, he was supposed to deal with my Zapdos problem, but he just seems to be doing the least (besides parasect but hes my favorite so he stays) Kinda want to get rid of him.

I'm looking for advise for which pokemon would best replace Golem and synergy with the team, but I'm open to advise for any of my movesets. Thanks!

Last edited:

RudeLiees

formerly Xr Kartana
Hello !
In the forum rule for RMT it say : Don't post incomplete teams - this means having all 6 members with EV spreads and moves.

Try to find the Pokémon who can fit correctly in the teams, we will help u after u did that, here some advice
The parasect set is not good if a ghost Pokémon switch u can’t touch him, I think u should replace sub by an other moves. the 4 others set look good !

Update: It's Zapdos. Zapdos was the key. I replaced golem with the bird and gave it Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Agility, and Drill Peck. I also switched up snorlax' moveset to body slam, counter, earthquake, and self destruct. I have finally reached 1500 with the bug, very stoked about it actually. I am now off to try out gen two. Thank you and goodbye.

Parasect

- Spore
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Hyper Beam
I like your set and your idea to give Parasect some shiny in OU, just to increment it and have different sets to Parasect I would suggest you run also Growth + Mega Drain; you also could have other spore move as Stun Spore along side Spore since there is a sleep clause and most of the trainers switch out when it's sleeping.
I, at my mono bug, run my Parasect also with Slash, but I think Hyper Beam is better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)