SS OU Help me make this team good please!

Welcome guys this is my first try to make a decent team on my own. I've played back in the gen 6 meta and now I'm back in the Showdown world. I used to play mainly Rain teams, so I want to make something different this time. Its kinda balanced a bit more on the offensive side, so yeah I hope someone likes it I hope someone helps me to make it better and here we go guys!

Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword

So i wanted the team to be around SD Kartana, because of it terrifying attack stat and pretty decent speed stat. I used life orb to boost its damage even further, EVs are fully offensive and the nature is to max out its speed. Move set is common. Swords Dance for the devastating attack boost, Leaf Blade for STAB, knock off for what knock off does best and sacred sword for coverage.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Okay so I wanted something to be good against most pokemon Kartana struggles against and I saw good potential in T-tar to do that. Choice band and adamant nature for max attack, Evs too. Stone Edge and Crunch for STAB, Fire Punch is chosen to hit Corvignight, Tangrowth, Skarmory and probably on rare instances Bisharp and Rillaboom. Ice Punch is aimed at Tornadus, Zapdos and Landorus.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

I chose Dragapult so I have some speed control and special attack dmg. Choice Specs needed for sure, timid nature for good speed, with offensive EVs. Shadow Ball and Draco Meteor for STAB, U-turn for momentum and Flamethrower for Corviknight, Scizor, Melmetal, Ferrathorn, Kartana, Weavile, Rillaboom, Ninetails-Alola, Buzzwole and Bisharp.

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 124 SpA / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Scald

Needed defensive options so i chose this guy, for special defense. Assault Vest for the very high special defense. Regenerator regenerates health a lot. EVs are kinda tanky and a bit in SpA. Calm nature for more Special Defense. As for attacks I chose Future Sight and Sludge Bomb for a STAB, Flamethrower for Grass and Steel types and a scald for the fire and chance of burn for the Attack wallbrakers.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

So I chose Lando, because I used this build back in the days. Hes kinda tanky, good at taking non ice attack dmg, rocky helmet helps chip sum dmg off. Intimidate is great for many switches. EVs are a bit tanky with some speed. Nature is boosting the defense. Stealth rock is great on Lando. Needed someone with earthquake and he fits perfectly in the role. U-turn for momentum and toxic for annoying threats.

Tornadus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

The final pokemon is Tornadus, wanted more resistance vs earthquake. Heavy-Duty Boots help him get in easier. Regenerator lets him be used more risky. EVs a full offence, for some reason I do not like the support Tornadus. Nasty plot is to boost his special attack to scary hights. Hurricane is for STAB. Focus blast for steel, dark, normal and rock types. I chose Grass Knot so I have something for water types since i do not run an electric pokemon.

So yeah guys this is a short run through the team its far from perfect and it needs probably a lot of tweeks, but we are all learning something new every day. Hope to see more people like me, who are not good, but want to try to be their own selves and try to make a team they like. Have a nice one guys! :)

Last edited:
Tornadus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
I'm not an amazing player but you would definitely benefit from running Defog on your Tornadus.
Nasty Plot is cool, but you would much rather have the hazard control.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Okay so I wanted something to be good against most pokemon Kartana struggles against and I saw good potential in T-tar to do that. Choice band and adamant nature for max attack, Evs too. Stone Edge and Crunch for STAB, Fire Punch is chosen to hit Corvignight, Tangrowth, Skarmory and probably on rare instances Bisharp and Rillaboom. Ice Punch is aimed at Tornadus, Zapdos and Landorus.
I'm not exactly the best player either, and I may be completely wrong, but why T-tar? I'm a little confused about why he's here, because he's building up sand, and the choice band is sorta telling me you'll be switching him out when an opposing Pokémon comes out to take advantage of him switching. I have two (probably bad) suggestions. Number 1 is using a Pokémon with Sand Rush, and swapping out Tornadus, for a Excadrill or Dracozolt (There are others, but those are the two I know the best). Number 2 is switching off the Choice Band for something else. I feel the Band would hurt more than it would help. Sandstorm seems to only benefit T-tar, and because you'll be switching him out because of Choice Band, it might hurt more than help.
Then again, I could be completely wrong.

I'm not exactly the best player either, and I may be completely wrong, but why T-tar? I'm a little confused about why he's here, because he's building up sand, and the choice band is sorta telling me you'll be switching him out when an opposing Pokémon comes out to take advantage of him switching. I have two (probably bad) suggestions. Number 1 is using a Pokémon with Sand Rush, and swapping out Tornadus, for a Excadrill or Dracozolt (There are others, but those are the two I know the best). Number 2 is switching off the Choice Band for something else. I feel the Band would hurt more than it would help. Sandstorm seems to only benefit T-tar, and because you'll be switching him out because of Choice Band, it might hurt more than help.
The ttar is there to resist ghost types bc the Team is weak to ghost types
also choice scarfed weavile ruins this team sure hes insanely rare but when you do fight it your toast same with hawlucha teams i main hawlucha teams and this team is weak to hawlucha

I picked him because hes kinda good against most kartana counters, but yeah the sand does not help and the band feels a bit strange, thanks for trying to help will try to switch up things :)

The ttar is there to resist ghost types bc the Team is weak to ghost types
also choice scarfed weavile ruins this team sure hes insanely rare but when you do fight it your toast same with hawlucha teams i main hawlucha teams and this team is weak to hawlucha
Thanks Sir, will try to swtich up things a bit :)

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
TTar’s fine here, it doesn’t need Sandstorm abusing teammates to be good, it can be an amazing tank in its own right. Hawlucha is a threat but I don’t think it necessitates a team change to deal with. A bigger threat here imo is Urshifu, both Banded and Pads variants hit this team pretty hard. Dragapult acts as a shaky check by resisting its stabs but it takes a good deal of damage in the process. Kartana can revenge kill it but it’s still making progress. Torn-T looks like the most expendable here, maybe swap it for something like Tapu Fini that can check it while providing a counter to Low Kick Weavile.

I agree with Xenon. Everything about this team is fine as is, and I really only have a problem with Torn-T, who's really just there.
Otherwise Thefamousman5, it's a really good team. Pat yourself on the back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)