SM OU Help me build a good ou team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Im new to showdown ou and don't know where to start with team building. Need somw help and guide lines to make a good ou team cos my other teams i have made kinda suck.

Wrong place mate, but what I would recommend is getting some sample teams and using them to try and get a good understanding of the meta, common threats, and other important things. Once you think you have sufficient understanding of these sorts of things, then you should attempt to building your own team. I've linked some teams down below for you to use.

No idea, though I would imagine here.
Gonna be honest though, I think the best way to learn is play, and hang around in the OU chat; A lot of people there are willing to help there.

Regardless, Smogon is built to help you rise to the top as a trainer, so good luck on your (pointless) journey (no offense meant)!

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I am unfortunately going to have to lock this thread, as it's not an actual RMT. That being said there are a few things I usually recommend to new users who are trying to build teams. Firstly would be to head over to that specific tiers forum. Once there one of the resources I always recommend people look into are the sample teams, as they give you an idea of what a good team looks like. Since while I realize you want to build your own, if you have no background knowledge on the game it is near impossible to just jump right in making a competent team. Next would be the viability rankings, for the most part when you're starting out there is never a real reason to use anything not on that list. A lot of new players always try to be creative, but when you're first starting out it's just not advised. You can't have heat until you learn the basics. Finally the builder is also pretty useful. When you add a mon in the builder, if you go to the section for implementing EVS you can access a smogon analysis for this mon. That will give you a good set to run, and if you scroll down a bit on that page there will be a teammates section. The teammates section is extremely helpful as it will list several mons that work well with the selected mon helping build the foundation for a team.

That said I want to make clear that I would just run sample teams for now. I see you joined smogon earlier today, meaning you're probably newer to mons. With that in mind it is traditionally best to get a proven sample team, and just play with that a ton. This will allow you to get a real sense of the meta. Since building with no knowledge on true competitive pokemon wont lead to any decent results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)