Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

Switches in on water type moves and sweeps. Pairs well with Heatran, which appreciates no water type moves and is immune to Sludge Wave. In addition, it can tank fire and rock type moves easily and fight back with a super effective Surf or Earth Power.

:heatran:
Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Eruption
- Flash Cannon
- Explosion
- Heat Wave

Massive suprise nuke that can destroy unprepared teams with Eruption. Flash Fire lets it reach new heights of absurd damage to OHKO pretty much everything that does not resist it if it is at full health. Heat Wave and Flash Cannon let it still deal high damage at low health, Explosion is another excellent suprise nuke, and Choice Scarf lets it outspeed opposing leads at the start of the battle.

:ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

Really bulky mon that slowly takes down other walls with Leech Seed. It also baits out Fire moves to switch into with Heatran. Power Whip means it can still do damage, giving the team valuable grass coverage.

:landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

This Landorus does pretty much exactly what Landorus usually does. It boosts with Swords Dance and damages with Earthquake, while also being able to set up. It also serves as a way to bait out Water moves to switch into with Gastrodon.

:ninetales-alola:
Ninetales-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heal Bell

As well as being a nice way to bait out Fire moves, although it often baits Steel moves instead which does not work as well, Ninetales can set up Aurora Veil to help out the less bulky team members. Heal Bell is useful occasionally, though I would like suggestions to replace it. Blizzard and Dazzling Gleam do a lot of damage, but this mon gets walled very hard by Wide Guard which has lost me one battle. Ninetales is the weakest link on my team and I would like to replace it, preferably with something that can also bait out Fire moves.

:diancie:
Diancie @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 126 Atk / 128 Def / 126 SpA / 128 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Stored Power

Mixed attacker that sets up and attacks at the same time with Diamond Storm. Clear Body prevents stat drops so that Stored Power is as strong as it can be. It also is capable of baiting out Water moves but, like Ninetales, it more often baits out Steel moves.

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
Hey, I'm noticing a few things here. First, looking at the team overall, you don't have any Pokemon that learn Protect. I would recommend that you do so, I usually say about 3-4 Protect on a team is ideal, as it'll let you stall out Trick Room, Tailwind, Weather, and it'll let you generally pivot around and get your Pokemon in safely.

Looking at the sets specifically, Heatran absolutely wants Earth Power, which lets it hit Volcanion and opposing Heatran. That'll also let you just make it Modest nature.

I would replace Gastrodon with a Kyurem of this set:
Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
Or, with Life Orb. You can run Glaciate but I think you prefer the immediate power of these moves. This will synergize with Ninetales and give you some power. Gastrodon just isn't very good in Doubles OU. Even with Choice Specs it deals pitiful damage, and it's very physically frail and only averagely specially bulky.

I would run an Assault Vest on Ferrothorn, that'll help it check Psyspam and generally trade well with special attackers.
Ferrothorn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Steel Roller
The last move can be Steel Roller, Iron Head, or Body Press; it's pretty much up to your personal preference. I think I run Steel Roller to clear Psyterrain so Whimsicott can do its thing though.

Landorus-Therian is not as good as Landorus-I in Doubles because it can't use Earthquake due to Grassy Terrain and its Earth Power is weaker.
Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Protect
You'll find Lando-I is very strong. Weather Ball will synergize with Hail to snipe opposing Lando-I and Zygarde, and be able to hit Celesteela (although not for much damage). Also hits some things like Zapdos and Galarian Zapdos, which is neat. It's replaceable for Substitute (or you can replace Sludge Bomb, but that does the most damage to Rillaboom) but I think it's cool here.

Ninetales-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Protect
I've kept your Sash Ninetales-Alola idea here, since you can't run bulk if you want to KO Urshifu which is otherwise a problem. You'll find Aurora Veil and Encore to be pretty useful; there's not much else to say here. Otherwise you could consider Light Clay/Icy Rock as the item on Tales.

Diancie doesn't really fit here unless you want to commit to Trick Room. You'll want a Tailwind setter. Zapdos, Naganadel, Whimsicott, or even Tornadus are all worth considering. I'd go with Naganadel or Whimsicott since otherwise it looks really bad against Urshifu.
I've used this set:
Whimsicott @ Eject Button
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 4 SpD / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Encore
- Fake Tears
- Protect
Which helps you not lose to Pheromosa. You could also run Moonblast over Fake Tears to be better into Urshifu, which is still a problem for the team; Fake Tears just provides a lot of value. Whimsicott is ev'ed to be faster than Rillaboom, meaning that it sets Tailwind before it gets potentially hit by Grassy Glide. It also means it can get off an Encore to Encore Fake Out before Rillaboom can use Grassy Glide. Whimsicott is starting to get recognition as a really powerful support Pokemon. I don't love zero attacks but it's really starved for moves here. Obviously Focus Sash Endeavor won't work here since the Hail breaks sash, so as I mentioned Moonblast > Fake Tears is your only option really.

Last remarks, something you can play around with is Safety Goggles Heatran. The Choice Scarf may not be that necessary; switching moves is nice, and Goggles prevents hail chip from reducing Eruption power in addition to being another check against Amoonguss.
You'll notice the team is pretty weak to Fire-types. Unfortunately that is kind of a drawback to Hail teams and stacking two Ice-types has that effect. Life Orb Kyurem can help in that it can switch moves, but mostly you just have to play smart with Landorus/Kyurem/Heatran.
Paste: https://pokepast.es/2d8f9432d140d8be

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)