SM OU Harzard Stacking Balance Reuniclus + Mega DD Ttar + Bisharp

reu art.jpeg

Hey Smogon! This is the first forum that I have ever posted so yah for me! Anyways, I have played some sun and moon ou lately, (waiting for Dynamax's ban:blobthumbsup:) and I was getting sick of the teams I was playing and wanted something fresh. I sat there thinking of a fun team but was stuck. All of a sudden, when I was watching Endgame for the 600th time my team came to me.
ReuniclusMega TyranitarBisharpToxapexGliscor
Clefable (Winking)

-The Team summary-

I was thinking of a way to make a fun bulky, hazard stacking team with reuniclus. I wanted it to not be boring and be too much stall. I added Cm + AA Reuniclus because I love this mon. One of my favorites in ou. I added a secondary setup sweeper that was weak to fighting since reuniclus can eat those all day. DD ttar fits perfectly for this role. I added pex for a gren counter and to setup t spike for reuniclus and to make the opponent pressured to defog. I then thought of an unorthodox teammate, Bisharp. Usually you see him on offensive teams but I wanted to make my opponent think twice before they press defog. I realized my team is very weak to ground so I added gliscor, also being a defogger. I finished it with clef because it is a reliable stealth rock setter and another fighting resist.

-Teammates roles-

Reuniclus
Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Acid Armor
- Psyshock
- Recover

Reuniclus is the star of the show! I love reuniclus so much! Awesome ability in magic guard allowing it to not be stalled with toxic and leech seed. It also doesn't give a heck about hazards. It takes all the unwanted fighting type attacks from ttar and sets up with no care in the world. It has acid armor to take physical attackers and then proceed to cm and sweep the team. I used leftovers because I thought psychicuim z would not be used often and saved it for another teammate to use. You'll probably win most games with reuniclus but make sure all dark types are gone so reuniclus can you know, actually kill the thing.
Mega Tyranitar
Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Mega Ttar is another mon I love. I like teams with two setup sweepers because they are just fun for me. I run earthquake because, without it, heatran is a problem. I don't need fire punch for mega scizor, ferro, and celesteela because reuniclus sets upon them with ease. You can also come in on pokemon a bluff pursuit, acting like ie removes for reuniclus and then just setup.

Bisharp
Bisharp @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Bisharp is a mon I really like on this team. It's here to make your opponent not defog your precious hazards away without a price. It's here for lategame or if you are in a sticky situation with a mon that setup and needs to be killed eminently. Gets ride of psychic and ghost pokemon for reuniclus and likes reuniclus checking fighting types.

Toxapex

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Pex is the team's main gren counter and water resist for Ttar and gliscor. Pex sets up t spikes for reuniclus and so your opponent will want to defog and give bisharp an attack boost. Not a whole lot to say about pex but what it does it does well.

Gliscor

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 76 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off

Gliscor is here for defogging away hazards. The team isn't super weak to rocks which isn't a big deal, but hey you always need a defogger so t spike and spikes don't go crazy. My team is pretty weak to ground and gliscor helps me deal with lando's eqs and what not. It also resist fighing attacks for ttar and bish and doesn't care about sand. I picked gliscor over lando because gliscor is here to soak up hits better and don't really need it to check much.

Clefable (Winking)

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

Clef is here for stealth rocks. It has magic guard so it doesn't care about sand at all and is very reliable. It can soak up fighting moves as well for bish and ttar. I woudl honesly consider clef the weakest link since it doesn't do a whole lot. I have been think of making an offensive life orb rocks clef or thunderbolt instead of cm but haven't experimented a whole lot. The reason I didn't pick someone like heatran is that I don't want another ground weak mon.

-Some Problems-
Mega Gyrados
Gyra is very annoying for the team. The only thing I try to do is to set up rocks so it won't come in and lose 25%. This things sets up on a lot of the team and generally is scary to see in team preview. Just try not to let it come in and setup.

Unaware Quagsire
Unaware quag are annoying for mons like ttar and reuniclus. It eats everything and just sits there like the doof it is. Its not super common so its not too bad.

Suicune
Don't let this mon set up first! PP stalls reuniclus and nothing can check it offensively. The only bet is to set up cm with reuniclus and psyshock before losing too much pp. Just don't let it come in and setup.

(I haven't run into too many hard matchups and I will add more if I find more)

-Gameplan-
Try and remove dark types since with a high enough boost reuniclus will kill everything except dark types. Remove threats to ttar and dd up and win. Stack hazards making your opponent want to defog them away and make bishop sweep. If they don't defog, then their team will suffer.

-Conclusion-
Thanks for reading my first post and please give feedback on my team! I have loads of fun with it every time.
I would really appreciate a suggestion instead of clef since I'm no sold on clef being a member.

-Pokepast-
ReuniclusMega TyranitarBisharpToxapexGliscorClefable (Winking)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)