Harder better faster ubers

steelskitty

you deserve so much more than this
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Very nice team, well-thought-out and w/e. It deserves its #1 spot on the ladder, I think. Just a nitpick, the third sentence in the RMT says that you're using mostly standard sets, but special Genesect is no longer standard, Thunder Darkrai is cool (but nonstandard), and I'm pretty sure All-Out-Attacking Latios is more standard than CM+DM lol.

I support Ogasian's suggestion to change something on the team to Kabutops, except I actually know what to switch it out for X_X. I would drop Darkrai for Choice Band Kabutops, as Kabu eases a few issues with the team; namely, your physical/special split is more balanced, you have an additional check to Extremekiller Arceus (which manages to set up on everything barring Deoxys-S and Ghost Arceus, given the right conditions. Yes, Specsogre can be turned into setup fodder), and you have a Spinner, which could help you a lot versus opposing Deoxys-S, as you currently rely on winning a speed tie and it not having Magic Coat. This would make you more weak to opposing Arceus-Ghost, so I would also change that awesome Special Sect to a more standard physical one. When it comes down to it, the special investment only makes a 10% difference at best versus most threats, and Iron Head semi-checks Ghostceus. From my experience, U-turn/Iron Head/Ice Beam/Thunder is best for rain, keeping Thunder to beat random Tentacruels and Skarmory+Grassceus cores under their favorite weather while getting the beefed-up U-turn and game-winning Iron Head of Physical Sect.

These changes would make the team more weak to stall, and sun would also become troublesome assuming Groudon gets its weather (them Ho-ohs :S). Because of this, I would change Latios to the standard all-out-attacking set. While Calm Mind+Draco Meteor definitely has its perks, it doesn't stallbreak quite as well and is maybe even a little outclassed by Latias, which can run the same set but with more bulk and staying power. This set is nice for Rain:

Kyogre Repellent (Latios) (M) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I'm sure you know what it does; Draco Meteor for more power, Dragon Pulse to ease prediction versus threats such as Ferrothorn. Psyshock hits the Pink Blobs and finishes weakened Ho-oh, Thunder beats Lugia, Ho-oh, and Kyogre in rain, and Hidden Power Fire beats Forretress, Ferrothorn, steels generally. This set is not only a lot harder to switch into than Calm Mind+Draco Meteor, therefore abusing Spikes better, (yeah, it hits hard, but Genesect or anything else can come in as you set up and you're messed up), but it deals with a wider range of threats than CM+DM. I'm aware that it loses to some threats that Calm Mind+Draco Meteor beats (particularly support Grassceus), but the rest of the team deals with these threats pretty nicely.

Overall, good team, and good luck on the ladder.

You aren't the only one that doesn't understand Roxer123's suggestions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)