Invalid Hackmons Cup -- Removal of Wonder Guard and Max Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may not have known it, but people ladder grind Hackmons Cup. A lot of people! Because of this, I want to propose 2 changes that would make it a much more fair experience to ladder grind this mode (yes, hackmons cup has strategy).

Max Moves. I'm not sure why, but Max Moves are able to be used when a Pokemon is not dynamaxed, as the max move takes up a slot in the Pokemon's basic movepool. They do not have the power they would when Dynamaxed, and instead they just do 1 damage. Dynamaxing, and then using that Max Move it had before dynamaxing, also does not increase the power. I propose that Max Moves be removed from the pool to make room for other moves.

Wonder Guard. Yes, Wonder Guard exists in Hackmons Cup. It's an ability that can be used to completely ruin someone's game. The player who gets Wonder Guard can just save it until the very end without revealing it, which would give an overwhelming chance of the opponent having nothing that can be used against it. The only way players can prepare for Wonder Guard if they don't know their opponent has it, is to keep a Pokemon with Toxic, but that's very unreliable and has only worked in very rare scenarios, plus obviously not every team will have Toxic, etc. Usually, Toxic itself won't be able to do enough damage, which gives the Wonder Guard Pokemon a very good chance to be able to do more damage quicker.

Conclusion, TL;DR:
Wonder Guard and Max Moves are pretty unfair or broken. Ladder grinding Hackmons Cup would be much funner if these were removed, and would also benifit the casual playerbase too!

Lalaya

Banned deucer.
(and even then, Hackmons Cup's nature is literally to just be a mod where everything conceivable in the games are allowed, with no exception, and game balance is by no means regarded in these kind of randomized formats, so to save yourself some breath: your suggestions would probably be rejected, regardless)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)