Tournaments GSC PL III - Manager Signups [Closes Oct. 23]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spreadsheet Pending! | Art by Kolohe! | Hosted by Lumii and Lialiabeast!

Player Signups | Commencement | Manager Signups

This is the Manager Signups thread for GSC PL III. Every manager must have a co-manager, who must like the manager's signup post or reply to the manager's signup post with "Confirming". Every manager should use the following format in order to sign up to potentially manage a team. The reward for winning this tournament is a custom avatar to be used on Pokemon Showdown.
Code:
Manager:
Co-Manager:
Team Name:
Preferred Retain Pool (Optional):
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?:
Each team will be allowed to retain up to two players, but these players will be locked to the tiers that they signed up for in GSC PL II. However, this rule will not be in effect in the semifinals or the finals of the tournament. The player signups from GSC PL II are linked here for easier reference. The prices for each player to be retained for GSC PL III are listed below, organized by retain pool.
Code:
Retain Pool 1 (Wii Fit Wolverines)
robjr (30k)
HSA (16k)
Jorgen (10k)
Inder (10k)
zfs (10k)
pj (10k)
Shakur (10k)
Code:
Retain Pool 2 (Iron Man Machamps)
Earthworm (31.5k)
FNH (10.5k)
Somalia (10k)
cursedstar (10k)
cy (10k)
Egor (10k)
Code:
Retain Pool 3 (Tenacious Tyranitars)
Amaranth (22k)
alice (17k)
ArcticBreeze (10k)
Fakee (10k)
TLTK (10k)
Nael222 (10k)
Toytean (10k)
Trevelion (10k)
File 13 (10k)
Code:
Retain Pool 4 (Vaporized Vaporeons)
Raichy (18.5k)
Lpz (16k)
Staxi (16k)
Oathkeeper (15.5k)
ThePatateDouce (13k)
airfare (10k)
Xevara (10k)
drakey (10k)
Code:
Retain Pool 5 (Royal Raikous)
Siatam (19k)
Thor (11.5k)
RealJester (10k)
Chiles Habaneros (10k)
Uncle Eyeroll (10k)
Fluore (10k)
Voyager (10k)
Celebiii (10k)
Code:
Retain Pool 6 (Spiky Eared Pichus)
eden (13k)
avarice (12.5k)
Bouff (11k)
SuperEpicAmpharos (11k)
Fc (10k)
London Beats (10k)
bagoftrixx (10k)
mc56556 (10k)
16bit (10k)
Neko (10k)

Manager Signups will close at 11:59 PM GMT-4 on October 23rd.

Last edited:

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
returning for raikous again

Manager: Estarossa
Co-Manager: Mystras Leoxses
Team Name: Royal Raikous
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: me+holly made finals last year, i have a lot of exp in all of ou/uu/nu and biggest gsc uu nerd in general and have the best record in gsc uu in the last 2 uupl/uusds i played in, also just won gsc nu cup for nu classic, mystras is great up and coming gsc uu player with experience in uu team tours in the tier and played some of the other tiers too.

Last edited:

Suzuya

Undertaker
is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
manager: Inder
co-manager: Haarper
Team Name: Tenacious Tyranitars
Why should the Hosting Team pick you? hey we’re 2 familiar players of GSC on smogon, Haarper made top 8 of GSC CUP and I won UU snake as UU starter/made final of a GSC Ubers tournament last year/ currently on Ubers retro cup final/ made semis on last GSC PL etc. We’re both experimented as a manager, atm we’re first of ADPL and we managed some other tournaments.
In a word we are motivated to do well and win this tournament, we have a good overall knowledge of the players so you will not be disappointed with us !

vani

This is the way.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Manager: vani
Co-Manager: Fantos13
Team Name: Tenacious Tyranitars

Fantos and I will be returning as managers for Tyranitars. We managed last year and barely missed playoffs. I play all tiers actively and successfully, winning GSC seasonal and RoAPL recently, and also playing in other tours like UPL, UUSD, UUPL and NUSD. Fantos has experience in all tiers as well. We manage in RoA Olympics together atm and Fantos just managed BWPL and finished 2nd. We will provide a nice team environment again and win this tournament!

RealJester

RoAPL Champion
Manager: RealJester
Comanager: Colteor
Team Name: Magnet Trainwrecks (Pichus retain pool preferred)
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: I’m quite familiar with GSC OU, having made it to finals in this tour last year and playing it in ROAPL this year. I’ve also played a decent amount of Ubers, albeit casually. Colteor is very familiar with drafting strategies and the player pool in these side pls: he’s managed ADVPL, BWPL, and DPPPL, even making finals in the latter. We are both commited to putting 100% effort into this tour, both in draft planning and prep.

Last edited:
Manager: cherryb0ng
Comanager: giraffefromholland
Team Name: Wii Fit Wolverines
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?:
As the previous host of this tour, I don't have dibs on any specific team but I'd be happy to be a manager in the GSC Premier League. I have participated in team tours involving all GSC tiers besides Ubers and I've been a part of this tour since its inception. I represented Canada in RoAlympics 2021 in GSC UU and won a gold medal, played GSC Ubers as well, and was a support member for GSC OU. Giraffefromholland and I were on the winning team in Pokemon Perfect League this year, where I built with/for him and I got a respectable 5-2 record in GSC OU. The victory and the positive environment was in great part due to Giraffe's insight on the players of all the pools. Though he didn't manage for the team, he was the one to give the managers all the guidance for drafting all the right players. I believe that my familiarity with all the tiers, my connection with the players and building support, as well as my partner's ability for scouting players that are not only widely known but also great while off the radar can give the team the consistency it needs to push through to playoffs.
Oh and Giraffefromholland managed in Mushi League 4 times and built for PK Leech in Callous Invitational.

Last edited:

Iguana

formerly mc56556
Manager: Iguana
Co-Manager: holly
Team Name: Magnificent Muks
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: I managed in this tour during its first iteration and played in its second. In addition to this, I managed in RoAPL this year, am a GSC OU tutor on Smogon, was selected to play in this year's GSC Invitational, and have played GSC Ubers in UPL. I'd be honored to manage again for one of my favorite Smogon tours! holly is nothing short of a GSC lower tiers legend, having revolutionized and expanded resources for a variety of different tiers in the best Gen. She is formerly a forum mod of GSC, which also supports her experience and knowledge of GSC.

Team artwork on the way! :Muk:

Edit: I am beyond excited to say that holly and I are joining forces again to bring back the Magnificent Muks! We were a manager team in the first iteration of this tour and would so appreciate an opportunity to return.

Last edited:

Chris Chien Pao

formerly hunternoooob
Manager:hunternoooob.
Co-manager-tbd
Team Name- spikey eared pichus
Why should the managing team pick you- Curently New To Managing have managed in adpl and will be looking forward to manage in gsc pl too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)