Tournaments GSC PL II - Finals [Won by the Vaporized Vaporeons]

GSC PL Finals are finally here. No one wants to lose having come this far!

GSC PL II - Finals

Art by cleffa
Spreadsheet

:gs/Raikou: Royal Raikous (2) - (4) Vaporized Vaporeons :gs/vaporeon:
Ubers: StitChuu vs Staxi Revenge Killer
OU: Thor vs Kenix
OU: Siatam[/USER] vs Thepatatedouce
OU: RealJester vs Raichy
UU: [USER=461329]Estarossa Celebiii vs LpZ
NU: Holly vs Oathkeeper

All matches are best-of-one and replays must be posted in this thread. Get in touch with FriendOfMrGolem120 or cherryb0ng with any queries.

Deadline is Sunday 16th January 23:59 PM GMT-5
[/user]​

Here are some fun facts:
#1 Last year Royal Raikous qualified directly into the finals where they met the vaporeons. #2 The two teams ended up in a situation of a tie 3-3 resulting in the need for tiebreakers, Vaporeons managed to clutch the victory. #3 This year the game went down to a final 3-2 situation and a tie breaker could have happened.

Last edited:
Prediction formats
Raikous vs Vaporeons
Ubers: StitChuu vs Staxi
OU: Siatam vs thepatatedouce
UU: Estarossa vs LpZ

Ubers: StitChuu vs Staxi - opponent brought self-destruct Mew in week 5
OU: Thor vs Kenix - Kenix is looking unstoppable lately. I really don't rate Thor's chances here.
OU: Siatam vs thepatatedouce - Siatam should have the edge over the sweet potato, though I think this one is probably a bit closer than the previous.
OU: RealJester vs Raichy - Raichy has more tournament experience so it seems reasonable to pick him here.
UU: Estarossa vs LpZ - This is the one I'm least sure about. Both players are pretty strong and have played the tier quite a lot, but I think Estarossa is overall more invested in the tier and might have an experience advantage.
NU: Holly vs Oathkeeper - I feel like it'd be crazy not to pick Holly here... There's no-one with more experience in this meta.

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers: StitChuu vs Staxi
OU: Siatam vs thepatatedouce
UU: Estarossa vs LpZ

What'll it be, folks?
Will Estarossa (probably a current top 2-3 player in the tier) be able to reset the bracket and give their team another winning shot or will the UU classic champ LpZ show how much of a force he is to be reckoned with and defend the Vaporeons' title?
Will we need to change the name of this tournament into Vap Vap PL?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)