GSC Cup VIII - Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a defending SCL Champion

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Smogon Classic rules can be read here.
  • Standard GSC OU.
  • Best-of-three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle, not to be turned off even in the case of a player disconnecting as we now have a separate disconnection timer (more details here). The timer may not be turned off in any circumstance.

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches in such cases are not allowed.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True Disconnection. If your game is determined to be a True Disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.
Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Freeze Clause
  • Sleep Trap Clause: Pokemon can't have (Sing/Sleep Powder/Hypnosis/Lovely Kiss/Spore) + (Mean Look/Spider Web) in the same moveset
  • Trap Pass Clause: Pokemon can't have (Mean Look/Spider Web) + Baton Pass in the same moveset
Genesis7  vs  Koalacance
Kristyl  vs  IdolCian
Fakee  vs  So Noisy
ABR  vs  ziloXX
Pohjis  vs  GaryTheGengar
Vileman  vs  SoulWind
Nalorium  vs  hellpowna
BlazingDark  vs  august
swordstrike  vs  Mr.378
crucify  vs  Amaranth
TLTK  vs  z0mOG
sulcata  vs  Quartosa

Deadline is August 28th 11:59 PM (GMT -4).

Last edited:

Rubyblood

Obluda, kierá nemá své jméno
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
World Defender
I miss shedules because I was unable to play properly since I wasn't at home all Sunday and playing on my phone with a bad connection wasn't a good idea, I can play today and tomorrow if my opponent agrees, it sucks to take an activity in round 4.
I had already proposed the extension before we decided on a time when I could not come because I arrived too late.
Sorry for the mess on the shedules false z0mOG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)