Programming GP Colorizer

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Hey guys! I made a tool to automate the tedious process of coloring GP checks. You can find it here:

https://gpcolorizer.github.io/

(And in case it's useful, here's the Python script I was using before I built the website.)

This tool is similar to the existing tools listed here to help automate GP stuff. The main difference is that it doesn't really get in your way as much, you are free to make all of your changes in the Smogon editor as opposed to the tool's website, and only once you are finished writing your check do you need to copy-and-paste it in. This lets you edit more comfortably because ie. the Smogon editor autosaves your work as you type, so you don't have to worry about accidentally closing the window and losing all of it. Working in the editor also means you have finer-grained control over changes, ie. if you prefer to represent "ran -> run" as "run" rather than "raun" like the diffing tool would output.

Things to work on:
  • Allow for different ways to format the input (some people might prefer to denote comments with underline)
  • Don't use latest JS features in order to support older browsers
  • Other suggestions / feedback are welcome

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)