Multi Gen Good Ubers Cores for All Generations

Approved by Sweep
Original thread by Halcyon
Good Cores Thread: ORAS Edition v2 by Gareth De Voir

Good Ubers Cores for All Generations!

(All credit goes to Sobi for the great banner!)​

In the process of teambuilding, a strong core is a key component to make the process easier, and give the team a good back bone. This thread will be used for the purpose of showing off some great cores! You may like this thread to show off some cool mons that you put together, or just to steal some ideas for your own teambuilding, whatever works for you. So what constitutes a good core? Two-three Pokemon that work very well together in terms of synergy or goal orientation. Basically any two or more Pokemon you've used to accomplish any goal for your team, be it defensive or offensive in nature. When you put a core in this thread, I will put it in the corresponding spot depending on the generation your core is in. Please label your core with the generation intended in bold writing to make it easier for me. Replays with the core in use is also highly recommended.
Good cores from the old thread-All Gen 6

So this checks Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, Extreme Killer Arceus, Ho-Oh, Yveltal, Latios and Latias, Xerneas, Zekrom, and probably some Pokemon I'm forgetting as well. Regular Salamence is unconventional but still very viable as it checks Ho-Oh and Primal Groudon in one slot, as well as Extreme Killer Arceus. Primal Groudon is the objective best Pokemon that's legal in Ubers, and it gives the team Stealth Rock and a good way to handle Xerneas. Mega Diancie rounds it out by providing a check to Latios and Latias and things like Yveltal and Earthquake-less Ho-Oh as well as giving you Heal Bell.

The draw of using this core comes less from its ability to check many Pokemon and more from its utility all-around; it provides teams with a cleric, wish passer, Stealth Rock, and one or two forms of hazard control in the form of three Pokemon while still handling most high-ranked threats, something I challenge anyone else to create in a core. It has a few notable weaknesses such as the uncommon Draco Meteor / Earthquake / Dragon Ascent / Extreme Speed Rayquaza, and Mewtwo if it manages to wear Groudon out. Primal Kyogre can threaten the team if it comes in on Primal Groudon, but this shouldn't happen too often. Calm Mind Arceus-Ghost could serve as a threat if the rest of the team doesn't handle it well, but it generally doesn't want to set up on any of these Pokemon. Arceus-Ground threatens it, of course.

It's important to note that Groudon is the least crucial member of the core. It was simply chosen for role compression as a Xerneas/Kyogre check, and it can really be dropped for anything else that checks Kyogre. Latias can provide Defog so it doesn't have to be run on Salamence or a different teammate, and Latios gives what looks like a stall core a more offensive tilt. Ferrothorn could be run over Groudon to give you a little more insurance against Latios and Latias while still providing Stealth Rock and checking Kyogre. Potentially even something like Palkia could be run in Groudon's place.

Good teammates include Pokemon like Ho-Oh to check Calm Mind Arceus-Ground, Latias to serve as an additional Water resist and backup Primal Groudon check, Arceus-Dark to handle Mewtwo and Rayquaza, and Tentacruel to serve as a Water resist, hazard control, and Dialga switch-in that provides Toxic Spikes. Running another soft-check to Mega Salamence such as Giratina-O or really any support Arceus that doesn't clash with the core type-wise is also probably cool.
Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail
- Wish / Defog
- Roost / Protect
Only use Protect if you're running Wish Dx

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Moonblast
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Diamond Storm
Protect is terrible stop using it oml

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
Running Stealth Rock on Diancie over Toxic lets you run a Rock Polish set on Groudon, if you want it.

That's clearly an offensive one, I think that I haven't to say much about that core since it speaks by itself, but Ill introduce it a bit. One of Ho-Oh's biggest flaws as you guys already know is the huge weakness to Stealth Rock and Mega Diancie with Magic Bounce mitigates it a bit. Ho-Oh helps Diancie too as it forces out Scizor and other Steel-type mons which threatnens Diancie, that is cool because it can 2HKO Pdon with Earth Power even if it's running a SDef set so Ho-Oh can spam its STAB fire more easily. Also Ho-Oh covers the weakness to ground that Diancie has, while the latter can switch-in on some Rock-type attacks (don't forget that it hasn't a really good bulk, though). Another niche that Diancie has is that it can revenge-kill SD Rayquaza if it can live an +2 ES, which is always nice as Rayquaza becomes a more dangerous pokèmon in ORAS. The core has obviously problems with strong Water-type attackers like Primal Kyogre and CM Arceus Water, therefore probably the best teammate for it are Primal Groudon to have a safe switch-in on strong Water-type attacks and one Lati Twin to act as a defogger in case Diancie can't prevent Stealth Rock and as well as another check to Primal Kyogre and other Water-type mons. I forget to say that you can run another move instead of Protect on Diancie even if it's probably the best one in Ubers as it's difficult to mega-evolve in a safe way Diancie, but you can always try options like Calm Mind which help you against fat n bulky teams. However, I would always run Protect for the reason I explained before and I'll use a mon that can help against bulkier playstyles. Thats all I guess, thanks for reading and have fun using this core! :]
Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 52 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Diancie @ Diancite
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Moon Blast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

This core is very great, and can work in tandem to beat out common Ubers Pokemon like Arceus, Primal Groudon and Xerneas. In terms of offensive synergy, Mega Gengar is weak around Pokemon such as specially defensive Primal Groudon, and is weak to Ground-, Ghost-, Dark- and Psychic-types. This is where YGod comes in and is either immune to, resists, or can handle most of these weaknesses. Yveltal's main concern is Xerneas and Klefki, and Mega Gengar can deal with both of those quite nicely. Also, they can force out common hazard removers like Latios, Latias, and Giratina-O. Great for keeping hazards in their field!

Now this core is weak to Deoxys-A (if it's Sashed then that's a big problem) Klefki, Ho-oh and some others that can take them only on specific conditions like Primal Kyogre, Mega Diancie, Arceus, Zekrom and Choice Scarf Xerneas. Primal Groudon is a great teammate, boasting enough power and bulk to take on these said threats (it can even also set up Stealth Rock). Good teammates include hazard stacker cores like Klefki + Primal Groudon since these two forces out many hazard removers. Additional support against Xerneas is appreciated to alleviate pressure off Mega Gengar, who loses to Scarf variants if played with poorly.

Yveltal's moveset can be up to you, I guess, as it can still come as helpful anyways.
Gengar @ Gengarite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 24 HP / 48 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt / U-Turn

so i was building with skymin recently and i realized that refresh megamence is a great partner. skymins able to trash arceus-rock while making a notacable dent in primal-groudon or giritina. in return, mence provides a ho-oh check and a status absorber for shaymin and can set up on weakened mons. at this point, mence can set up once its checks are weakened and clean house. mence also really appreciates shaymin's healing wishes to get it back in action. core needs support getting past ice types and hazard control, which makes arceus-water a cool choice, as its the only mon that fits those two categories, while also checking stuff like pdon or dialga and spreading toxic to weaken the opposing team. cool
Shaymin-Sky @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Healing Wish
- Earth Power

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Roost
- Refresh
- Dragon Dance

This core has been good since BW, albeit with different sets. EKiller lures out everyone's favorite Ho-Oh check in mence, as well as mauling Primal Groudon and PhysDef POgre that might have been used as Ho-Oh checks in different circumstances. Ho-Oh lures out those Pokemon for Ekiller in turn, as well as luring and essentially beating Pokemon like Shuca Tyranitar and Rockceus that might otherwise have checked Ekiller. Ho-Oh also checks troublesome Ghost Pokemon for EKiller, which is nice. Additionally, running the two on the same team is enough to handle Geomancy Xerneas, in most cases. There's almost nothing that can switch into one and still be healthy enough to beat the other. Sets are standard but can be tweaked... Choice Band or Sleep Talk LO Ho-Oh can be used over Thunder Wave if you feel weak to Darkrai but Thunder Wave is optimal otherwise, EKiller can be made a Refresh variant but you will have a much harder time breaking Rockceus.
TOO SIMPLE (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

NIGHT RIDER (Arceus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

The synergy between these two is pretty simple as well. Scarf Xerneas beats Ghostceus checks; it switches in on physdef yveltal multiple times, takes Darkrai's sleep and KOs it, flat-out beats Darkceus and Tyranitar, and even lures out annoying Ho-Ohs with Rock Slide. Ghostceus in turn wears Klefki down for Xerneas, and when used together they give a player what's typically enough to handle annoying dragons such as Mega Salamence and Latios as well as things such as EKiller. Ghostceus' set is standard while Xerneas' is EV'd to live a +1 Mega Salamence. Xerneas' set can be tweaked depending on your team's needs (running Aromatherapy somewhere on it, for instance) and Ghostceus can be made SD if you go for that sorta thing.
Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 140 Def / 184 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot
- Rock Slide
- Sleep Talk

Arceus @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Last edited:
Gen 2 Cores

GSC is fairly limited in terms of what is viable, so a core isnt exactly the best approach but oh well. Just for the sake of it here's the core! Anyways this core is obviously structured around jolteon + mewtwo. I find this core interesting as mewtwo (already scary as it is), can be even more scary. What i mean by this is that this is a fairly straight forward growth passer + mewtwo core. Mewtwo is the recipient who enjoys having a boost in offenses so that it can hit birds even harder than it originally was capable of doing. Jolteon is arguably the best passer because of how it can pressure lugia, who is a common phazer with a obligatory stab move. Also known as thunderbolt, also due to its speed tier it can pretty much outspeed everything and mewtwo can hit hard at +1 thanks to the boost. HP water on jolteon helps it nail steelix, tyranitar and rhydon. What makes mewtwo so scary is because he can immediately threaten anything with it's coverage and threaten to selfdestruct for a one for one trade on virtually anything. Thunder is the most important move on this set because it gets both Birds as i mentioned before. The other two hit more niche pokemon that it can cover(Fire blast for steels and Ice Beam for Zapdos, though Submission is another option for TTar.) Lol posting this at 3 in the morning but whatever, MONS IS LIFE!!!
Jolteon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Water
- Growth
- Baton Pass

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
- Thunder
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Self-Destruct

Last edited:
Reactions: hyw
Gen 3 Cores

Lugia+Magneton kind of writes itself, for an ADV Ubers core. Remove Skarmory and go to town on the rest of the tier, because Flying resists in this tier are far and few between. The fact that Lugia is so fast, just makes this core even better. HP:Fire just because of Forretress.
Lugia @ Choice Band
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aeroblast
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam

Magneton @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire
- Substitute
- Toxic

Not much to say about this, it's basically the go-to hazard stack core in ADV since Forretress is one of the best Spikers, along with Spin to deal with opposing hazards and HP Bug + Boom for some offensive presence over Skarmory. I like Gengar over Shedinja because of access to Wisp / Hypnosis + Boom which makes it much less passive but at the cost of being vulnerable to shit like Ogre which Shedinja can wall easily. Good teammates for this core are your generic breakers like Deo-A / Latios / Mewtwo and sweepers like DD Ray / Salac Don and Ogre etc. In particular I like Lugia a lot here because it pressures the grounded Steel-types relied on to check it.
Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Explosion

Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 32 Def / 96 SpA / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hypnosis
- Explosion
- Ice Punch

Any Steel-type works here, preferably Lix or Registeel though. Steelix is mostly troubled by Water-types, given the dominance of Kyogre in the meta, which is where mono-attacking Latias comes in. Latias is a great status absorber and wincon with it's mono-attacking set, which easily switches into the likes of Kyogre since it comes in easily and heals off Ice Beam / cures TWave very consistently. Latias doesn't like dealing with faster Psychic-types, especially Deo-A, Lugia, Latios, and Mewtwo, Steelix makes for a decent switch-in to all of these outside of Fire Blast Mewtwo and certain variants of Deo-A. Hydro Pump Lugia is also very annoying for Steelix + Latias to face, but it's a very rare set anyway.
Steelix @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Double-Edge
- Rock Slide

Latias @ Soul Dew
EVs: 136 HP / 72 Def / 204 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Refresh
- Dragon Claw

Double-Boom Steels. I used this core mostly because I was scared of Deo-A because I think it's a ridiculous mon, much more than Latios or Kyogre. Either way, 2 Steel-types is pretty solid, They both take on their same checks and counters, HP Fire Gross removes Forretress while Pursuit ruins Deo-A, shutting it down. Shutting down Deo-A early as possible is a huge deal because it takes it out of the game and gets rid of having to deal with the nightmare that is Deo-A late-game. They can also both put pressure on stuff like Don / Ogre by weakening them w/ Boom or w/e, which generally makes it harder for them to deal with the other Steel later on in the game when they've let their main answer for them get weakened.
Metagross @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 20 Def / 56 SpD
Brave Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Pursuit

Registeel @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Careful Nature
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Protect / Curse

Slaking + Snorlax
One of the coolest and funnest cores out there. Built a team that has great around this and is what my RMT is built around. The main concept is for Slaking to just plow it's way through everything, weakening Snorlax's checks/counters as these two share many of the same checks/counters. I use Curselax to pair with Slaking since it gives a good wincon and a great switch-in to Blissey, not being able to be poisoned. I also don't like using 2 banded mons of the same typing just cause it's kinda annoying to use since they serve the exactly the same purpose. So yeah the core kinda speaks for itself, and not too hard to use.
Slaking @ Choice Band
Ability: Truant
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Shadow Ball
- Return
- Focus Punch

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Shadow Ball
- Curse
- Protect

Subpunch TTar + Latios
This is a core that's very fun and easy to use. I really wanted to build around Subpunch TTar one day cause it is seldom used, and it's a really underrated set that can put it in a lot of work. However, it has a few draw backs since it's checked by 2 of the most common mons in the meta, Groudon + Kyogre, which is why we have Lati. Latios is able to switch into both of those mons, only being annoyed by twave and HP Ghost/Ice Beam from Groudon and Kyogre respectively. Rock Slide can also flinch you down when you're para'd but that means you just get to whine and say arabic curses :p So yeah the core functions pretty easily, get TTar in on Ho-Oh or Blissey or some banded/fat mon that can't really hurt you, then set up a sub and press the move that best hits the thing in front of you. Then switch in Lati once your sub is broken by what's most likely going to be Groudon or Kyogre, or try to kill of Don/Ogre before Tar ever comes in so it can put in work in the late game.
Latios @ Soul Dew
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Atk / 112 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide

Another option for this core is to use Toxic over Focus Punch on Tar so you can hinder Don and Ogre throughout the game rather than just getting some chip damage off. It's a pretty sick set that also doesn't get much usage.
You could also use a bulky spdef lati spread to give you some extra fat to take more hits.

Blissey + Lugia
This core is so annoying to play against oml. The idea is to just be as fat as possible so no matter what threat the opponent has you have a switch-in. It gives an insane amount of support to the rest of your team, and you can actually beat most teams with Blissey + Lugia by itself. Pretty self-explanatory, just switch in Blissey to special threats and Lugia to physical ones. Sub Petaya Deo-A with Superpower desolates this core though so be careful of that.
Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Reflect
- Whirlwind
- Recover

Forretress + Shedinja
This is another one of those really annoying cores that just suck to face. However, it's really good and very usable, so I really just want it in the archive. It explains itself really, Forretress gets rid of hazards so Shedinja can actually switch in and beat the opponents team with the right support. Be wary of spike squads that have Gengar since those can heavily annoy this core, and make it hard to keep hazards off your side of the field.
Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Explosion

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Protect
- Swords Dance

Bulky Ogre + Swampert
This is a core that I built a team around just cause I thought it was really funny cause it always reminds me of Melee Mewtwo and his fetish for Swampert. Not only that, but also because I saw Wreckdra use a team with it that I thought was really cool. Kyogre is there to be a switch-in to physical attackers like Groudon, and to lure in pokemon like Latios so that you can switch in to Swampert and get a Toxic off. Swampert not only checks Lati, but other threats for Ogre such as Sub Petaya Deo-A and Mewtwo. Kyogre is also a great wincon with a CM Twave set and once Swampert weakens down the opponent's Ogre checks, gives room for Kyogre to sweep. However, Latios still does a fair amount of damage to Swampert and only gives it a couple times to switch in, which is why a great teammate for this core is Thief Omastar, so that the opponent's Soul Dew is removed and their damage is significantly reduced.
Kyogre @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Last edited:
Gen 4 Cores

This is a fine core but weak to most offensive mons but like last 3 slots can be used to check them and what not. But anyways wobb is hard to stop due to shadow tag (great ability man). This guarantees at least 1 kill per match with the use of little or no prediction at all against a choiced user at least (preferably a scarfed mon). Can take a mon out with the respective move, counter if opponent is obviously a physical attacker or mirror coat if they are a special attacker. Can trap and remove mons that could take out rayquaza like scarf dialga, scarf palkia and scarf chomp. It could also set up a safeguard for a sweeper like ray to be protected from status for the time being. Or tickle too so that scizor could pursuit trap mons like lugia and blissey in which tickle would need to be used at least 3 times on the standard 252 HP / 52 Def bold lugia, pursuit from banded scizor ohkoes as it attempts to flee. While at least 4 tickles is needed to be used on blissey to ohko with banded scizor's pursuit as it attempts to switch out. Which helps a sweeper like rayquaza that can proceed to sweep stall teams.
Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
EVs: 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard / Tickle

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Overheat

Last edited:
Gen 5 Cores

This is a core that a lot of people love to use and is used quite constantly. It consists of CM Steelceus and Kyogre. Steelceus is one of my favorite Arceus forms, as it is very hard to handle after a cm boost which isn't hard to get up since it has a lot of resistances with it's steel typing, and can take out a lot of teams with just a little bit of support. It's also a great stall breaker and can take on more defensively built teams on since it's immune to toxic, and can beat out those threats such as Blissey on it's own. It's a great mon and can be used in a lot of different ways, which is why the last slot for Steelceus is all about what the player wants. Will-O can be used to neuter physical threats such as Gira-O and makes it even easier to set up. Roar can be used to deal with opposing Arceus forms engaging in a cm war, and lastly Thunder can be used to hit Kyogre super-effectively and Ho-Oh as well.

Now Kyogre is a fantastic partner for Steelceus, since Kyogre can set up the rain and neutralize Steelceus' weakness to fire type attacks. Not only that but Kyogre has the ability to check Groudon and Ho-Oh which are two very big threats to Steelceus. To make it easiest, I myself like to run a Scarf Ogre to make sure I outspeed those threats and am able to revenge kill them quite easily, but a plethora of options are able to be used on Kyogre. Be sure to take advantage of the fact that Kyogre can set up rain to help Steelceus, because if Steelceus runs Thunder, it will be 100% accurate in the rain and is able to take down Ho-Oh after a few boosts. These two really complement each other and have great synergy, but are also weak to mons like Scarf Terrakion if hazards are up. Hopefully you guys like this core from me, and can see I'm actually being serious with this contribution lol.
Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp/Thunder/Roar
- Recover
- Judgment

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

CM ghostceus + scarf terrak seems alright to me since like cm is undoubtedly the best set ghostceus runs since like its capable of just sweeping teams after 1 or 2 boosts just by like clicking judgement. It doesnt have immediate power but it becames threatening after a boost that is. Its fantastic bulk and lack of weaknesses are helpful in when it sets up and can set up on stuff like latias and most palkia variants. Scarf terrak helps break past shit like t tar, chansey, blissey, darkrai, ho oh etc. Basically steels in general which are p annoying in the case that arc ghost would need to hit focus and considering its shaky accuracy (unlikely :c). But in this case ghostceus can afford to run fire blast to just roast sp def forretress easily since terrak deals with the aforementioned by pressuring them with its ability to outright ohko them or just put a massive dent deterring them for the remainder of the match. Terrak comes in darkrai when it uses dark void as it absorbs it and then click on sleep talk to pressure out or just fortunately ohko with cc / sacred sword if they're ballsy and stay in.
Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Fire Blast
- Recover

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk
- Rock Slide / Sacred Sword

This is a core that has been very common in OU but can work quite well in Ubers too. It can also work in ORAS or BW2 but i'll specifically be talking about BW2. TTar is the most common sand setter since Hippowdon is too passive and can't fit on a lot of builds. Excadrill really appreciates this because of it's Sand Rush ability, and then being able to outspeed a lot of threats in the tier, such as; Darkrai, Scarf Genesect, Scarf Terrakion, and many others. This causes Excadrill to be a huge threat, and can definitely get some sweeps after the opponents weather setter/negater is taken care of. TTar also works as a great lead since with Payback it can KO Deo-S after it either sets up rocks or taunts you, and can also 2HKO Forretress if you're running Fire Blast. Excadrill can also run rapid spin to get rid if the hazards if TTar can't prevent them.

A lot of different sets can work with these two, so I'm just going to give some common ones.

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Payback
- Low Kick
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 66 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

This is an offensive core featuring Choice Specs Kyogre, a hard-hitting wallbreaker that can deal a devastating amount of damage with Specs equipped. Rayquaza is there to finish off any foes that Kyogre may have not fainted, although most Pokemon that take a Choice Specs-boosted Water Spout at full HP are usually around 0-20%, leaving Rayquaza to just KO them with Extreme Speed. Hazard removal is appreciated as well as a check to the Latis since they both trouble Rayquaza a bit.
Kyogre @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Kyogre and Kabutops make a great pairing, and is used on many rain teams. Kyogre is able to set up rain to activate Kabutops' swift swim, and is then able to outspeed many fast threats like Darkrai. This boost in speed causes Kabutops to become very threatening, as the foes speed control could be totally outsped in rain by Kabutops. Kabutops also makes for a great revenge killer because of this, and will usually put in a lot of damage to the opposing team. However, Kabutops is in big trouble if Groudon is able to come in and stop the rain so that Kabutops is now quite sluggish. This is another reason why Kyogre is a great partner so that not only can it set up rain, but it is able to threaten out Groudon and Tyranitar which are the two most other common weather setters. And if Kyogre is running a specs set, even if the opponent switches out Kyogre will be able to deal lots of damage to the switch in. Almost any set can be used when using these pokemon so I'll just put some standard ones.
Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin
- Low Kick

This is a core that I was quite surprised at when I saw it wasn't on the list already. Groudon and Ho-Oh make a great pair in every generation from ADV and up, so this is not contained to just BW. Groudon is able to set up sun which greatly helps out Ho-Oh to boost it's already powerful fire attacks. The sun also helps to fend off against rain boosted mons such as Kingdra, so that their water moves are less powerful and won't do as much damage. Ho-Oh is also able to take care of common threats to Groudon like Skarmory, Shaymin-Sky, Genesect and many others. Groudon does the same for Ho-Oh by getting rid of things like Tyranitar, Kabutops, Rock Arceus along with others. This is a very common duo that make their stand in every game they're in together and are really strong in what they do.
Groudon @ Earth Plate
Ability: Drought
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Tail

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Last edited:
Gen 6 Cores
Hyper Offense

Mixed rock Polish Primal Groudon is a monster, great matchup vs almost every archtype, Fire blast outdamages Adamant 252 attack P blades Pdonner, Dragon pulse nails opposing Salamence-Mega for a OHKO after rocks and giratina-O for a 2hko. Salamence-Mega Deals with Pokemon Groudon can't really touch such as Ho-oh due to the lack of Rock type coverage, more bulk can be used on Salamence to help check E killer better, However I would not use less than 128 speed so you still creep Max speed base 90s before a dragon dance such as Ho-oh, one of the main goals of this set due to facade enabling it to deal heavy damage under status. Xerneas checks are appreciated, Darkrai is a good option as an offensive partner as it deals with mons such as supportceus that this core tends to struggle with.
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Facade
- Double-Edge
- Roost

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 96 Atk / 252 SpA / 104 SpD / 56 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Precipice Blades

Darkrai and PDon have perfect offensive synergy. PDon is checked mainly by support Arceus, Giratina-O, Lati@s, and Lugia. Darkrai outspeeds and threatens all these pokemon with fast sleep or strong STAB, forcing them out. Similarly, PDon can capitalize on most of Darkrai's defensive checks (Ho-Oh, Klefki, blobs, TTar, POgre), allowing these mons to generate relatively free turns on double switches because of their offensive potency. Paired with hazards, this benefits them both, wearing down their checks. This core is found on many successful offensive teams in ORAS, ranging from the sample team (Deo-S / PDon / Mence / EKiller / Xern / Darkrai) to bulky offenses (PDon / Darkrai / SD Arc / Tina-O / Keys / Flex slot). Sets vary depending on what the team needs.

This is a fairly basic dragon spam core that focuses on overwhelming the opposing mons and exert insane amounts of offensive pressure which is nice since you can pave up more opportunities to get a win by breaking through the opponents team. But this comes at the cost of their defensive synergy and you can focus on a more offensive build anyways. Just a rlly fun core that you can use to just smash shit up and like i said b4 the defensive synergy is a problem so like an ice resist or check would be useful. Have fun!
Rayquaza @ Choice Band
Ability: Air Lock
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- V-create
- Extreme Speed

Salamence @ Salamencite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge/Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Probably one of the most threatening Offense cores out there, the pair have almost perfect synergy and are able to pressure their similar checks, Arceus normally Revenge kills and deals with anything that could prevent xerneas from using geomancy safely such as darkrai and has access to EQ to weaken Pdon, while it is able to dent holes in teams with SD, Xerneas will almost always be the main breaker of the core, as well as dealing with pokemon E killer dislikes such as Defensive Yveltal/Giratina-O and Mence to an extent, This core is present on the majority of success Hyper offensive teams, including Classic HO. Having answers to this core is essential for any ORAS team and even then some smart playing is required to deal with it in some situations.
Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 200 Def / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Rock] / Thunder
- Aromatherapy / Focus Blast

Arceus @ Life Orb
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw / Stone Edge

A really strong and fast offensive core. The idea is to get momentum with U-Turn from Landorus-Therian and then proceed to kill something with Deoxys-Attack or set up Stealth Rock with Dialga. Your switch-in from U-Turn varies based on your opponents switch-in decision. If he decides to switch-in a forme of Arceus you are free to nuke something with a LO Psycho Boost from Deoxys-Attack. Only switch-in Dialga when your opponent is sending out a fairy type Pokémon or Giratina-Origin. With Dialga you can nuke Draco Meteor or simply set up a hazard. Just decide what play benefits you the most.

A good partner is Primal-Groudon since you lack a fairy resist. Arceus, the E-Killer variant, is a really good Pokémon to enhance your offensive capabilities. Finally there should be something that can clean everything. Since the mega slot is still free you can decide to use Mega-Salamence to have a better Primal-Groudon check or Mega-Gengar to trap passive stuff like Skarmory, Bronzong or even Ferrothorn who can wall the team. Xerneas could also be a good choice.
Dialga @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Ice Beam

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 48 Def / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Lucario destroys stall and Deo-A gives HO nightmares.

I have to expand more? Fine.

The number of good answers to Deo-A is about 4, on a good day, all of whom fit better on slower teams which cant deal with +2 Lucario, and give Lucario a fair amount of room to set up (ie on Bronzong/Dialga). The aim of using the two together is that the counterplay to each of them is so limited that the offensive pressure they exude is frighteningly effective. They also form a pretty powerful double priority to help keep threats like Xerneas in check, to say nothing of Deo-A's revenge killing capabilities towards anything slower than a Mewtwo-Y. They dont do much for the defensive synergy outside of the priority they provide, but these are not pokemon that are meant to fit on the next stall team you're looking to make, and you'll have 3 other slots left after you've added Pdon to the team with which you can cover most of the holes you need to.
Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Iron Tail
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Ice Beam

A good lead combo for Toxic HO teams. Mega Aerodactyl may seem like an odd choice, but it has some really good niches. It is able to outrun most of the Pokémon in the current metagame including Darkrai in order to set SR or stop a Defog with Taunt. The decrease of stall is also helping it since Mega Sableye is the counter. Pairing it with Cloyster is making everything more effective since you spread passive damage with poison-damage while stopping the Defog.

A Ghost-Type Pokémon is mandatory for this core, because you need a spinnblocker to maintain your hazards. Also is a Xerneas check like Primal Groudon really useful. Furthermore is a cleaner + revenge killer another good choice.

Cloyster + Xerneas

Can anyone tell me when they last saw a good Cloyster offense, that didn't have a scarf Xerneas on it?
I can probably think of one, maybe two solid builds that don't include it.
Cloyster provides great support by laying down layers of Toxic Spikes, while a scarfed Xerneas demolishes most offensive threats.
An offensive core that just does so well against hyper offensive that I'm wondering why nobody has mentioned it yet.

I think Cloyster + Mega Aerodactyl is an incredibly innovative and good core. No disrespect to my friend Lacus Clyne or her core what so ever when I say this, but let's be honest.
It gets outclassed by the Cloyster + Xerneas combination, as it fits a lot easier on teams/builds, takes up no mega slot, and has, bar the matchup vs Poison types, just the better presence overall.
I'm not saying the Aero + Cloy core should be removed, but rather that if that core got accepted, then this one should be for sure.

Bulky Offense

This is one hell of an offensive core, This is from my team that I posted on the sample teams thread, Xerneas + Primal Kyogre are a threatening offense core, Primal Kyogre + Xerneas tend to eventually overload Primal groudon as its forced to switch in to check these 2 mons and could eventually lead to a geomancy xerneas sweep vs opposing offensive teams with a well played kyogre. Kyogre provides a good stall matchup and wallbreaking ability. A ground immunity is appreciated to also help check Primal Groudon, depending on the offense build, I usually use Yveltal (Mega Gengar Teams) or Mega Salamence.
Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Calm Mind

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 88 HP / 108 Def / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder

M Mewtwo X's main threats are ghost types and Lugia, things that Yveltal can deal pretty easily most of time. Yveltal is also a good teammate for Mewtwo X since he is an incredible wallbreaker and can do a lot of work against fat teams.
Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite X
EVs: 112 Atk / 144 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Taunt
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Latios can check Primal Groudon and also lure with HP Fire some steel types like Bronzong, Klefiki and Aegislash for Xerneas. While Xerneas can deal with some darktypes like Darkceus and Bulky Yveltal.
Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Gras Knot

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 208 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Hidden Power [Rock]

While having two Fairy-types on a team may seem unappealing, this core actually makes for a very scary offense core, based around FairyCeus luring in and breaking down a lot of GeoXern's checks and counters, such as hitting PDon with Earth Power and hitting Ho-Oh with Stone Edge. The combined Fairy STABs can also wear down some resists, such as Bronzong, which is really nice. If you run Aromatherapy on GeoXern, Xerneas can act as an offensive status absorber too, which helps Arceus-Fairy with her problem with Toxic. Overall, a really cool and effective offensive core that works very nicely to support GeoXern.
Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power
- Judgment

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder / Aromatherapy
- Focus Blast

this core is able to pressure rocks extremely well. after laying down rocks you can status the opposing defogger and take care of it with gengar later. the high usage of this core is no surprise since these two mons are also very good in general and easy to build around.

pdon spread is random so feel free to change it
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Atk / 100 SpD / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Pdon and Pogre are a great duo that can break each other’s checks. Pdon can take care of opposing mons such as Xerneas, Dialga, and Zekrom, while Pogre can deal with threats such as Giratina-O, Landorus-T, and Yveltal. Not only that, but with twave run on either Pdon or Pogre, threats to both of them can be crippled and weakened more easily. Things like Mega Mence and Rayquaza are basically dead once twaved and makes them much easier to deal with. This core is pretty splashable and many different sets can be run causing there to be lots of variation.

Mega gengar is an incredible mega-evolution in the current metagame, it has a monstrous ability which helps disarm many teams most of the time and is easy to build using it teams, this time I present a common combination in the current metagame, but not all know the movements, for that reason I present below the how it works, Klefki is the key to the combination, as this can paralyze and poison opponents pokemon, using Mega Gengar and Giratina-O to hit hard with hex. Mega gengar is defeated by Groudon Rock Polish, so Giratina-O is a good companion to eliminate this threat, but this core is defeated by Yveltal and Darkrai, and lack opportunities to paralyze or poison, so Klefki is perfect here because it stops the dark type and distributes status movements, making this core very powerful, the big enemy that needs to be erased for this core to work perfectly is Blissey and Chansey, because that thing can enter in and laugh in the player face.
Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 252 Def / 216 SpA / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Toxic
- Defog
- Thunder Wave

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Focus Blast

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Shadow Tagged

This isn't an intuitive core but it works well. The basic concept is to abuse Wobbuffet to strengthen Gengar's impact. As you're using this core, you'll notice that you have so much more control over your opponent, since they literally can't do anything about what you're going to do. example combos: wobb into psong gengar, wobb into subhypno gengar, wobb into disable gar, wobb into taunt gar, and it goes on.

Wobb+Gengar also functions in Goth-like niche, since defoggers are forced to not hit Wobb or get killed, and if they don't attack, then Gengar comes in and traps defogger anyways.

The common dark weakness sucks but realistically, it's not that bad since Gengar can beat Dark types anyways. Wobb being an excellent Mewtwo check is a great thing, because Mewtwo trying to RK a Gengar is going to only end up in being trapkilled by Wobb.

You can even use Wobb to trap Tyranitar and give your Gengar a breathing room.

+

Primal Kyogre can spread some status with Scald (burn) and Toxic so Mega Gengar can later on do a lot of damage with Hex. Especially Pogre can bait and poison Primal Groudon, a Pokémon that is frequently used to revenge kill Mega Gar since it can easily take any hit from Gar and take it down with Precipice Blades. This core is very weak to Facade Mega Mence tho, so something like Dialga is very necessary to help against it.
Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp

I have been using this core of Arceus-Ice and Mega Salamence in my most recent Ubers team and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Iceceus is an underrated threat, in my opinion. A lot of the mons that trouble Mega Mence fall to Iceceus, such as Lugia, the Latis, opposing Mega Mence, Rayquaza, Ice Beam Groundceus, and even Primal Kyogre thanks to resisting the incoming Ice Beam and setting up a Calm Mind to smack it with +1 Thunder, which also 2HKOs Ho-Oh or OHKOs after Stealth Rock with my spread. Meanwhile, Facade Mega Salamence comes in on Ho-Oh and Primal Groudon, two very influential Ubers mons that trouble Iceceus, and punishes them if they manage to score a burn on Mega Mence. My set on my current team runs Iron Defense to create a Double Dance set that screws over Foul Play users like Mega Sableye and defensive Yveltal, but I guess you could run just about any Mega Mence set if you'd like.

Primal Groudon makes for a great teammate to this core as it handles Klefki, Mega Diancie and Dialga, which gives this core trouble. Having your own Klefki is nice to defeat Xerneas as well.
Arceus-Ice @ Icicle Plate
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Judgment
- Thunder

EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Defense
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Facade

Balance

I like Kyogre in ORAS alot its an underrated mon, but thats not the reason I paired these two, Tyranitar and Kyogre Synergise really well and opens up quite a few paths to explore with this core, allowing you to build Offensive / Bulky offensive / Sand HO and even Balance builds, you could alternatively use Physdef Ogre on this build if you take the balance alternative.

Tyranitar provides thunder wave and pursuit support for mons such as lati@s, Mewtwo and Mega gengar, something Kyogre appreciates being removed, Kyogre can weaken down Primal Groudon and even potentially sweep once the mentioned checks are removed thanks to tyranitar. I feel on Most builds Salamence-Mega fits really well with this core providing a Primal Groudon check, However Giratina-O is another partner to consider, Xerneas Checks are also essential so pairing them with Primal Groudon, Ho-oh and Klefki depending on the archtype of the build.
Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 SpD
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Giratina-O and Klefki have nearly perfect defensive synergy. Klefki checks dragons, fairies, and dark types that all hit Tina-O for super-effective damage. In turn, Tina-O checks ground types and other common physical attackers (PDon, SD Groundceus, EKiller) that threaten Klefki. The core also controls the hazard game, having access to both Spikes and Defog. In addition, both mons have access to priority and status, allowing them to punish switch-ins and work effectively against every playstyle. Set choice isn't too important, but offenses (think PDon / Tina-O / Keys / Darkrai / SD Arc / Mega slot) will usually lean towards physical Tina-O / Keys, while bulkier builds (think PDon / Tina-O / Keys / Ho-Oh / Waterceus / Gengar) lean towards special status Tina-O.

This core is for balanced teams, Arceus Water make a lot of good synergy with Ho-Oh, Because Ho-Oh risk a Salamence Boost, Primal Groudon attacks, etc, so Arceus Water enter and Kill Salamence and stall Primal Groudon, Arceus water can erase threats such as Diancie, Arceus Ground, Ho Oh, and Status Mons like Lati@s on a switch in, Giratina O, etc, is a good defog slot, because Ho Oh needs a clean field, Ho-Oh checks Darkrai, Destroy Stall, Klefki, Steel Types, Checks Xerneas too, so they complement their work, u can use this core with Sableye Mega, or Klefki, neds support vs Latios Psyshock, SD Groudon, and more things most used in Ubers.
U need choice well the Arceus set, if u will use other defog user i recommend this set:

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Judgment

If this will be defog, u will need support deppends the move u remove

Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Beam / Defog
- Judgment / Defog

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

u can use this too:

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

+

The defensive synergy between Arceus Dragon and Bronzong has become pretty popular in balance teams. On one hand, we have the physical defense in Arceus which can withstand Mega Salamence boosted at +1, poison and endure brave bird from Ho-Oh Band. It also can help as a good check of Pdon Support and even the Sword Dance sets, it is a solid check of Rayquaza and I think it is one of the best defoggers from ORAS Ubers.
On the other hand, we have Bronzong which is an excellent hard check of Xerneas and also a good switch in of Lati@s and offers a good 1vs1 vs Lugia.

In conclusion, I think this is one of best defensive cores that exist in the current metagame!
Arceus-Dragon @ Draco Plate
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Judgment
- Toxic

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

this is a pretty common balance core and also easy to fit, as it checks some physical attackers while synergizing on mutiple levels.

bronzong is able to switch on a good amount of mence's checks, such as lugia, water-and dragceus and lay down rocks or spread toxic. it can lure hooh into burning our mence with sacred fire, enabling it to punch holes with an insanely strong facade stab.

bronzong set can be changed obviously
Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 200 HP / 132 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Facade
- Double-Edge
- Roost

This is a three feasible pokemon from xy core. Yveltal acts as a physical defense and checkea to boosters as Mega Mence and Arceus eKiller, Primal Groudon hits rocks and covers the weakness Xerneas and Primal Kyogre if you keep the sun and Arceus-Rock helps with Ho-Oh, one of the greatest present offensive of the tier. Arceus-Rock can also act as defoger but if you've already got spinner / defoger in the rest of the team can be used with Calm Mind rather than Defog.
Yveltal @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Sucker Punch / Toxic
- Taunt

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Precipice Blades / Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave / Roar

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Defog / Calm Mind

These three work very well with the Primal Groudon on your team to the point where your last two slots are a fairly flexible when compaired to other team structures. The Arceus is either Water, in most cases, or Dragon in more niche areas. The set on Gengar is fairly flexible but you generally want Focus Blast in case Landorus needs to drop into E-killer's KO range and to have a fighting chance versus Tyranitar if Gengar is not also running Will-O-Wisp. The thing I like most about this core is how much Speed it brings to a balance team between Gengar and Choice Scarf Landorus-T.

Primal Groudon should accompany this no matter what, but outside of that, the other team members should consist of a Darkrai sleep absorber (Landorus can do this also), another Geoxern check, a Ground immunity, and a Dark resist.
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- Superpower / Sleep Talk

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp / Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball / Hex / Destiny Bond

Arceus @ Splash Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Judgment / Ice Beam
- Defog / Ice Beam

Stall

This is an excellent physically defensive core and a staple for stall teams. Mega Sableye bounces away status and Stealth Rock to keep Lugia's Multiscale intact. Lugia deals with PDon and Mega Salamence, both of which Mega Sableye struggles against.
Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Fake Out
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

Last edited:

Cynara

Banned deucer.
I have a few cores I would like to share to help start this thread off, All for ORAS Ubers

Mixed Rock Polish Groudon + DD Salamence

EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Facade
- Double-Edge
- Roost

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 96 Atk / 252 SpA / 104 SpD / 56 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Precipice Blades

Mixed rock Polish Primal Groudon is a monster, great matchup vs almost every archtype, Fire blast outdamages Adamant 252 attack P blades Pdonner, Dragon pulse nails opposing Salamence-Mega for a OHKO after rocks and giratina-O for a 2hko. Salamence-Mega Deals with Pokemon Groudon can't really touch such as Ho-oh due to the lack of Rock type coverage, more bulk can be used on Salamence to help check E killer better, However I would not use less than 128 speed so you still creep Max speed base 90s before a dragon dance such as Ho-oh, one of the main goals of this set due to facade enabling it to deal heavy damage under status. Xerneas checks are appreciated, Darkrai is a good option as an offensive partner as it deals with mons such as supportceus that this core tends to struggle with.

Geomancy Xerneas + Calm Mind Kyogre-Primal

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Calm Mind

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 88 HP / 108 Def / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder

This is one hell of an offensive core, This is from my team that I posted on the sample teams thread, Xerneas + Primal Kyogre are a threatening offense core, Primal Kyogre + Xerneas tend to eventually overload Primal groudon as its forced to switch in to check these 2 mons and could eventually lead to a geomancy xerneas sweep vs opposing offensive teams with a well played kyogre. Kyogre provides a good stall matchup and wallbreaking ability. A ground immunity is appreciated to also help check Primal Groudon, depending on the offense build, I usually use Yveltal (Mega Gengar Teams) or Mega Salamence.

Tyranitar + Kyogre-Primal

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 SpD
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

I like Kyogre in ORAS alot its an underrated mon, but thats not the reason I paired these two, Tyranitar and Kyogre Synergise really well and opens up quite a few paths to explore with this core, allowing you to build Offensive / Bulky offensive / Sand HO and even Balance builds, you could alternatively use Physdef Ogre on this build if you take the balance alternative.

Tyranitar provides thunder wave and pursuit support for mons such as lati@s, Mewtwo and Mega gengar, something Kyogre appreciates being removed, Kyogre can weaken down Primal Groudon and even potentially sweep once the mentioned checks are removed thanks to tyranitar. I feel on Most builds Salamence-Mega fits really well with this core providing a Primal Groudon check, However Giratina-O is another partner to consider, Xerneas Checks are also essential so pairing them with Primal Groudon, Ho-oh and Klefki depending on the archtype of the build.

both bulk up dialga and cm fightceus are (borderline) unviable in bw2...

ORAS

Giratina-O and Klefki have nearly perfect defensive synergy. Klefki checks dragons, fairies, and dark types that all hit Tina-O for super-effective damage. In turn, Tina-O checks ground types and other common physical attackers (PDon, SD Groundceus, EKiller) that threaten Klefki. The core also controls the hazard game, having access to both Spikes and Defog. In addition, both mons have access to priority and status, allowing them to punish switch-ins and work effectively against every playstyle. Set choice isn't too important, but offenses (think PDon / Tina-O / Keys / Darkrai / SD Arc / Mega slot) will usually lean towards physical Tina-O / Keys, while bulkier builds (think PDon / Tina-O / Keys / Ho-Oh / Waterceus / Gengar) lean towards special status Tina-O.

Darkrai and PDon have perfect offensive synergy. PDon is checked mainly by support Arceus, Giratina-O, Lati@s, and Lugia. Darkrai outspeeds and threatens all these pokemon with fast sleep or strong STAB, forcing them out. Similarly, PDon can capitalize on most of Darkrai's defensive checks (Ho-Oh, Klefki, blobs, TTar, POgre), allowing these mons to generate relatively free turns on double switches because of their offensive potency. Paired with hazards, this benefits them both, wearing down their checks. This core is found on many successful offensive teams in ORAS, ranging from the sample team (Deo-S / PDon / Mence / EKiller / Xern / Darkrai) to bulky offenses (PDon / Darkrai / SD Arc / Tina-O / Keys / Flex slot). Sets vary depending on what the team needs.

ORAS

Salamence is a powerful threat to the metagame in general, as it can sweep very easily due to its limited counters / check, such as Waterceus, Lugia, Rockceus, etc.
This core has good synergy, because Salamence is a threat and whereas it CAN be stopped, Gothitelle helps by trapping Support Arceus and helping against stall in general. a nice option on this core is add a Fairy type, which stops Darkrai, Giratina-O, and other mons that threaten this core.

Salamence make sweeps Boosting, Refresh just help vs Sableye or status moves that stops it, Is a Primal Groudon check helping Gothitelle to stay alive, Gothitelle just Thunder Wave Arceus Support, and boost with Calm Mind, Erasing the threats of Salamence, Rest is needed to Boost, and Gothitelle helps erasing Klefki, which helps Xerneas for boost or something weak to Klefki.

Movesets:
Gothitelle @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Rest
- Thunder Wave

Salamence @ Salamencite
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Frustration
- Refresh

Shoutouts to ogasian who helped me with my bad english

Ill post more later, if this core works.

Last edited:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
EVs: 80 HP / 176 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Yveltal @ Life Orb / Black Glasses
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Oblivion Wing
- Heat Wave / U-Turn

This is a pretty cool Wobbuffet core that utilizes Wobb's ability to get rid of Xerneas rather reliably (Lives a +2 Moonblast from GeoXern, can Encore CM variants or GeoXern being cheeky, and Mirror Coats Scarf Xerns) for Yveltal to go ham on the opposing team with his powerful STABs and coverage. Yveltal also is a nice check to Ghost Arceus, which threatens Wobbuffet. Yveltal can also use U-Turn to bring in Wobb safely to trap the opposing Pokemon. Good partners for this core include Xerneas if Yveltal uses Heat Wave, as Yveltal can cripple Klefki with Heat Wave, so Xerneas and Yveltal can wreak havoc. Sweepers that pair well with Wobbuffet and like Yveltal's wallbreaking power, like Double Dance Primal Groudon or Extreme Killer Arceus, are also good partners. Overall, this is a pretty neat Wobb trapping core and I hope you all enjoy it!

ORAS

This core is for balanced teams, Arceus Water make a lot of good synergy with Ho-Oh, Because Ho-Oh risk a Salamence Boost, Primal Groudon attacks, etc, so Arceus Water enter and Kill Salamence and stall Primal Groudon, Arceus water can erase threats such as Diancie, Arceus Ground, Ho Oh, and Status Mons like Lati@s on a switch in, Giratina O, etc, is a good defog slot, because Ho Oh needs a clean field, Ho-Oh checks Darkrai, Destroy Stall, Klefki, Steel Types, Checks Xerneas too, so they complement their work, u can use this core with Sableye Mega, or Klefki, neds support vs Latios Psyshock, SD Groudon, and more things most used in Ubers.
Hope this core help you, and sorry for my bad english, here are the sets:
U need choice well the Arceus set, if u will use other defog user i recommend this set:

Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Judgment

If this will be defog, u will need support deppends the move u remove

Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Beam / Defog
- Judgment / Defog

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

u can use this too:

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Alright so I'm going to post another BW2 core but it's not going to be memes this time, but rather a more substantial and good core.

This is a core that a lot of people love to use and is used quite constantly. It consists of CM Steelceus and Kyogre. Steelceus is one of my favorite Arceus forms, as it is very hard to handle after a cm boost which isn't hard to get up since it has a lot of resistances with it's steel typing, and can take out a lot of teams with just a little bit of support. It's also a great stall breaker and can take on more defensively built teams on since it's immune to toxic, and can beat out those threats such as Blissey on it's own. It's a great mon and can be used in a lot of different ways, which is why the last slot for Steelceus is all about what the player wants. Will-O can be used to neuter physical threats such as Gira-O and makes it even easier to set up. Roar can be used to deal with opposing Arceus forms engaging in a cm war, and lastly Thunder can be used to hit Kyogre super-effectively and Ho-Oh as well.

Now Kyogre is a fantastic partner for Steelceus, since Kyogre can set up the rain and neutralize Steelceus' weakness to fire type attacks. Not only that but Kyogre has the ability to check Groudon and Ho-Oh which are two very big threats to Steelceus. To make it easiest, I myself like to run a Scarf Ogre to make sure I outspeed those threats and am able to revenge kill them quite easily, but a plethora of options are able to be used on Kyogre. Be sure to take advantage of the fact that Kyogre can set up rain to help Steelceus, because if Steelceus runs Thunder, it will be 100% accurate in the rain and is able to take down Ho-Oh after a few boosts. These two really complement each other and have great synergy, but are also weak to mons like Scarf Terrakion if hazards are up. Hopefully you guys like this core from me, and can see I'm actually being serious with this contribution lol.
Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp/Thunder/Roar
- Recover
- Judgment

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Gonna drop some ORAS cores

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Baton Pass

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Blizzard / Ice Beam
- Thunder

Mega Mawile synergizes very well with Primal Kyogre because of POgre's ability to force out Primal Groudon, one of Mega Mawile's biggest counters, and also take care of Fire and Ground-types that may come in Mega Mawile's way. Mega Mawile also has Baton Pass to pivot into Primal Kyogre on a predicted PDon switchin, keeping up momentum. These two make for an excellent wallbreaking core due to their power, so sweepers like Xerneas can pair well with them as it appreciates their wallbreaking. You can also use defensive POgre over the set I included to have a better switchin to PDon and also check MegaMence if you go Ice Beam, but I like CM + 3 attacks as it provides a good wincon and pressures PDon better.

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Baton Pass

Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Beam / Defog
- Judgment

This is an alternative to the above core that fits better on balanced teams in need a of a more defensive backbone. Arceus-Water still synergizes with Mega Mawile due to checking Primal Groudon and Ho-oh and Ground-types, but the reason to use it over POgre is because of the increased bulk letting it actually switch into these mons. It can also act as a Defogger for Mawile, which is important because Spikes can ruin Mega Mawile's ability to check GeoXern. Overall these are two solid Mega Mawile cores that showcase the small niche it has in Baton Pass and increased power over Klefki.

BIG G CHOPPA

Banned deucer.
ORAS

This is a fairly basic dragon spam core that focuses on overwhelming the opposing mons and exert insane amounts of offensive pressure which is nice since you can pave up more opportunities to get a win by breaking through the opponents team. But this comes at the cost of their defensive synergy and you can focus on a more offensive build anyways. Just a rlly fun core that you can use to just smash shit up and like i said b4 the defensive synergy is a problem so like an ice resist or check would be useful. Have fun!

Rayquaza @ Choice Band
Ability: Air Lock
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- V-create
- Extreme Speed

Salamence @ Salamencite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge/Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Lugia @ Choice Band
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aeroblast
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam

Magneton @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire
- Substitute
- Toxic

Lugia+Magneton kind of writes itself, for an ADV Ubers core. Remove Skarmory and go to town on the rest of the tier, because Flying resists in this tier are far and few between. The fact that Lugia is so fast, just makes this core even better. HP:Fire just because of Forretress.

BIG G CHOPPA

Banned deucer.
BW

CM ghostceus + scarf terrak seems alright to me since like cm is undoubtedly the best set ghostceus runs since like its capable of just sweeping teams after 1 or 2 boosts just by like clicking judgement. It doesnt have immediate power but it becames threatening after a boost that is. Its fantastic bulk and lack of weaknesses are helpful in when it sets up and can set up on stuff like latias and most palkia variants. Scarf terrak helps break past shit like t tar, chansey, blissey, darkrai, ho oh etc. Basically steels in general which are p annoying in the case that arc ghost would need to hit focus and considering its shaky accuracy (unlikely :c). But in this case ghostceus can afford to run fire blast to just roast sp def forretress easily since terrak deals with the aforementioned by pressuring them with its ability to outright ohko them or just put a massive dent deterring them for the remainder of the match. Terrak comes in darkrai when it uses dark void as it absorbs it and then click on sleep talk to pressure out or just fortunately ohko with cc / sacred sword if they're ballsy and stay in.

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Fire Blast
- Recover

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk
- Rock Slide / Sacred Sword

Scarfmin+bird antidote Rock Arceus is one of my favorite cores that i have used many times and i feel they pair very well together. Arceus can switch in to common things that like to threaten Skymin such as Ho-Oh or Ekiller. it can cripple Ekiller with Will-O-Wisp and kill or force Ho-Oh to switch with its powerful judgement STAB and recover off almost any damage it takes from these mons. Scarfmin is an excellent partner for Rock Arceus as it can switch in to common threats to rock Arceus such as Primal Groudon or Arceus Ground and it can surprise other fast sweepers such as Mewtwo,Mewtwo megas,other Shaymin, Darkrai and kill them.

i hope this helps n_n

Shaymin-Sky @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Healing Wish

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Judgment

ORAS
+

Arceus-Dragon @ Draco Plate
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Judgment
- Toxic

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

The defensive synergy between Arceus Dragon and Bronzong has become pretty popular in balance teams. On one hand, we have the physical defense in Arceus which can withstand Mega Salamence boosted at +1, poison and endure brave bird from Ho-Oh Band. It also can help as a good check of Pdon Support and even the Sword Dance sets, it is a solid check of Rayquaza and I think it is one of the best defoggers from ORAS Ubers.
On the other hand, we have Bronzong which is an excellent hard check of Xerneas and also a good switch in of Lati@s and offers a good 1vs1 vs Lugia.

In conclusion, I think this is one of best defensive cores that exist in the current metagame!

Cynara

Banned deucer.
ORAS

Probably one of the most threatening Offense cores out there, the pair have almost perfect synergy and are able to pressure their similar checks, Arceus normally Revenge kills and deals with anything that could prevent xerneas from using geomancy safely such as darkrai and has access to EQ to weaken Pdon, while it is able to dent holes in teams with SD, Xerneas will almost always be the main breaker of the core, as well as dealing with pokemon E killer dislikes such as Defensive Yveltal/Giratina-O and Mence to an extent, This core is present on the majority of success Hyper offensive teams, including Classic HO. Having answers to this core is essential for any ORAS team and even then some smart playing is required to deal with it in some situations.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 200 Def / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Rock] / Thunder
- Aromatherapy / Focus Blast

Arceus @ Life Orb
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw / Stone Edge

Last edited:

LJDarkrai

.Baril

M Mewtwo X's main threats are ghost types and Lugia, things that Yveltal can deal pretty easily most of time. Yveltal is also a good teammate for Mewtwo X since he is an incredible wallbreaker and can do a lot of work against fat teams.

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite X
EVs: 112 Atk / 144 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Taunt
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

LJDarkrai

.Baril

Latios can check Primal Groudon and also lure with HP Fire some steel types like Bronzong, Klefiki and Aegislash for Xerneas. While Xerneas can deal with some darktypes like Darkceus and Bulky Yveltal.

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Gras Knot

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 208 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Last edited:

This is a core that has been very common in OU but can work quite well in Ubers too. It can also work in ORAS or BW2 but i'll specifically be talking about BW2. TTar is the most common sand setter since Hippowdon is too passive and can't fit on a lot of builds. Excadrill really appreciates this because of it's Sand Rush ability, and then being able to outspeed a lot of threats in the tier, such as; Darkrai, Scarf Genesect, Scarf Terrakion, and many others. This causes Excadrill to be a huge threat, and can definitely get some sweeps after the opponents weather setter/negater is taken care of. TTar also works as a great lead since with Payback it can KO Deo-S after it either sets up rocks or taunts you, and can also 2HKO Forretress if you're running Fire Blast. Excadrill can also run rapid spin to get rid if the hazards if TTar can't prevent them.

A lot of different sets can work with these two, so I'm just going to give some common ones.

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Payback
- Low Kick
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 66 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

BIG G CHOPPA

Banned deucer.
Alright so im here with a dpp core.

This is a fine core but weak to most offensive mons but like last 3 slots can be used to check them and what not. But anyways wobb is hard to stop due to shadow tag (great ability man). This guarantees at least 1 kill per match with the use of little or no prediction at all against a choiced user at least (preferably a scarfed mon). Can take a mon out with the respective move, counter if opponent is obviously a physical attacker or mirror coat if they are a special attacker. Can trap and remove mons that could take out rayquaza like scarf dialga, scarf palkia and scarf chomp. It could also set up a safeguard for a sweeper like ray to be protected from status for the time being. Or tickle too so that scizor could pursuit trap mons like lugia and blissey in which tickle would need to be used at least 3 times on the standard 252 HP / 52 Def bold lugia, pursuit from banded scizor ohkoes as it attempts to flee. While at least 4 tickles is needed to be used on blissey to ohko with banded scizor's pursuit as it attempts to switch out. Which helps a sweeper like rayquaza that can proceed to sweep stall teams.

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
EVs: 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard / Tickle

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Overheat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)