Gods and Followers

Quick turnaround, but the opinions have been mostly unanimous on these and the ladder only lasts for a few more days, so I'm making the following changes:

4★ -> 5★
4★ -> 3★
3★ -> 4★
3★ -> 2★

While P-don has its flaws, I'm going to bite the bullet and raise it simply due to the fact that you can't under-prepare for it without paying the consequences. This, in my opinion, makes it similar to Arceus. Both are held back by their monotyping to some degree, but the strength of the god itself (along with pretty solid support options to cover its weaknesses, like Lopunny for Arceus and Gastrodon for Groudon) make their teams really scary to face. As people have pointed out, P-don also has pretty good matchup against a lot of the other gods right now, so I think a raise to 5-star is in order.

Still on the table for changes:

4★ -> 5★ = Hesitant because of its relatively poor matchup against two other 5-stars. Honestly its probably near the top of its current rank, but I think its flaws should keep it in 4-star for the time being. I'm not above changing my mind, however.
2★ -> 3★ = They just need more discussion, although no one seems to be using them. Poison is staying where it is.

New discussion:

4★ -> 3★ = Reshiram has been barely discussed in the thread despite its 4-star ranking. Honestly, despite being a relatively rare Fire type god, I'm not sure how much that's worth in the current metagame -- Fire has pretty poor matchup against a lot of the top gods, especially with the decline of Steel-based ones. Many of the dominant Fire types in OU that you'd want to use, like Charizard and Talonflame, already fit onto other teams thanks to their dual typing. Plus, Dragon has a lot of other options as far as gods are concerned. I'm not dead set against dropping it, but I would like a bit of discussion on it.
??? = I don't really think MMX should outrank its fellow forms now that it lost its niche of providing a Fighting type to its team structure. Psychic/Fighting with a physical slant is a solid niche, to be sure, but you can fulfill the same role by putting Medicham or Gallade on a normal Mewtwo team, and by choosing MMX you lose the option of having one of the most powerful and versatile special Psychic types in MMY and normal Mewtwo. I'd like to discuss: is MMX overrated in 3-star, or are one/both of the other forms underrated in 2-star?
3★ -> 4★ = Recently discussed for a raise -- the post is a few above this one.

I'll be updating the replays shortly, stay posted.
EDIT: Replays updated.
Yeah, I guess Kyogre is fine in 4 star. It can still completely stomp you if you don't prepare for it or have a bad typing vs it, but it has indeed got a poor matchup vs several Pokemon in 5 star, especially with PDon's recent rise. It's also completely Genesect U-turn bait from my experience, who outspeeds even scarf Kyogre, if Genesect is itself scarfed.

On Reshiram, I honestly feel Kyurem White may be better now - Kyurem's Ice typing means it's got a great matchup vs Yveltal and Mega Salamence, both of which are still pretty good, the latter especially. Dragon hammers Palkia and a Kyu-White's Draco will still hammer even Sp.Def PDon pretty darned hard. From the Gene v Kyu-W replay I posted, it's non-stab neutral attacks hammer some Pokemon very hard - Fusion Flare almost OHKOd Klefki behind Light Screen - Sure, it must have been specs, but still. Dragon/Fire is nice STAB coverage, true, but Kyu-W has Dragon/Fire coverage on top of Ice Beam, as well as a better matchup and Pokemon that are more difficult to squeeze on other Gods. I also feel Reshiram is honestly the worst in 4 star - Not sure about MMaw as I've not seen it, but Reshiram is probably the worst in 4 star. It's one of the few Ubers who is D rank in Ubers who's not there because Primal Groudon, who, speaking of which, is now 5 star. Kyu-W just honestly does Reshiram's job of a special attacker much better.

Calcs:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Turboblaze Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Primal Groudon: 331-390 (81.9 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Turboblaze Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Primal Groudon: 286-339 (70.7 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Turboblaze Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Primal Groudon: 220-261 (54.4 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO - Technically a 3HKO because of the Draco meteor sp.atk drop but whatevs

Now on Double Dance PDon (just the Rock polish one from the Calc defaults)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Turboblaze Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 104 HP / 96 SpD Primal Groudon: 420-495 (114.4 - 134.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Turboblaze Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 104 HP / 96 SpD Primal Groudon: 364-430 (99.1 - 117.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Turboblaze Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 104 HP / 96 SpD Primal Groudon: 280-331 (76.2 - 90.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO -

Also:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Turboblaze Kyurem-W Fusion Flare vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Klefki through Light Screen: 247-291 (77.6 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I've not seen any Mewtwo forms, but I guess MMTwoX is probably the best because it's not mauled by Scarf Krook and has the most balanced overall bulk. Sure, it's physical movepool is meh, but coming off 190 attack, I doubt you'll notice the difference. 130 speed is iirc the second highest speed of all Gods, beaten only by the non Defense-Deoxys forms and MMTwoY. Not sure what rank it'd be, probably 3 star, with the others maybe being 2 star due to being "worse". iirc, that's what they already are, so they're fine.

I've already given my fair share on Lando, so anything I say will just be unecessary thread clogging, unless I come up with something revolutionary that makes it better than all of 4 star.

Oh yes, I accidentally posted that Palkia v PDon replay twice :3 Sorry, was tired. I only realised it after I couldn't get to a computer. Oops :P

I'd probably have more replays if it weren't for the fact I've been getting haxed to hell and back all day, to the point where I'm not even 1200 anymore. There was a time where I was in 1400, but noooo, hax. ATM I find Lando is great at being anti-meta - I don't see Kyogre that much and I only ever seem to see PDons or Dialgas, two teams Genesect hates, even with Dual Screens Klefki. But, Lando LOVES both of them thanks to it's good speed and Earth Power hitting like an absolute truck. I've not tested GravityCM yet, unfortunately. Kind of hard to experiment when you're getting haxed against the same Gods over and over. I will say, now PDon is 5 star it's everywhere, like Ubers, again, so it's kind of boring atm...

*grumble grumble hax grumble grumble*

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hello guys! This is my 500th total post and my 400th total OM post as you can see here, http://i.imgur.com/uUkwMvO.png. I've decided that for this post, I should do a team showcase/mini RMT consisting of what I feel like was my signature Gods and Followers team. Let's start off. I wasn't going to post an actual RMT because I was at 399 OM posts too and I wanted a 400th and because I made my first actual RMT last week. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/500-battles-call-it-a-day-1v1.3562837/

Gods and Follower's elegant Ascended Dragons team.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's a team of flying Pokemon consisting of mythical birds, dragons, serpents, and fairies! This team demonstrates what a natural Dragon/Flying team is like in the metagame! It features the common brutally offensive Pokemon, flinch haxers, and recovery managers.
Where do we start? Let's start with the Pokemon you might question the most... Rayquaza!

レックウザ (Rayquaza) @ Focus Sash / Lum Berry
Ability: Air Lock
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

This quadruple-stared uber god in the metagame is basically one terrifying Uber who takes advantage of priority and items to set up and sweep through teams. It has STAB Dragon Ascent to cut through mostly anything after some support from a couple Dragon Dances. Dragon Dance is used to raise Rayquaza's speed and attack by 1.5x each. Earthquake is a coverage move that I suggested would be very well needed especially against Steel-types like Heatran. This move actually tends to surprise opponents due to the fact that most of them expect a Fire-type move like Overheat or V-Create out of Rayquaza to deal with alternative Steel-type Pokemon like Skarmory. The biggest reason I gave Rayquaza Earthquake is because Talonflame seems to be able to deal with the majority of the Steel-types around and Heatran seems to be a big issue in the team without the move. There is Landorus of course, but 95% of the time, the opponent is going to switch out Heatran for a Flying-type of Levitating Pokemon. As you can also notice, Rayquaza has Extreme Speed. Extreme Speed is mainly used for priority so that Rayquaza can either finish off opponents with a quick KO, or preform a fast final gambit (not caps because I'm not referring to the actual move itself). You may question why this Pokemon is the Pokemon you may question the most, but it's because Salamence preforms a better role than Rayquaza on physical offense. Rayquaza has some priority perks and the ability to hold any item but Salamence-Mega is claimed to have more viability than Rayquaza due to its ability Aerilate. I chose Rayquaza rather than Salamence-Mega personally because I favor Rayquaza more and I feel sure that I'd still be as successful when using Rayquaza's perks. Regular Rayquaza might not be able to do nearly as much as Mega Rayquaza (who got banned) especially in the current meta, but Rayquaza is still able to do very well as there is a reason it's generally in the Uber tier. Itemwise, I would suggest Focus Sash or Lum Berry. Focus Sash because of how fragile Rayquaza can be and with that Focus Sash since it would be impossible to OHKO Rayquaza from max health, Rayquaza can set up at least one Dragon Dance before attacking. Lum Berry also gives Rayquaza a chance to set up and sweep but in a different way. Lum Berry just cures any status that Rayquaza takes in the process.

Now introducing the bravest bird of all brave birds (maybe except
Braviary
)... Talonflame!

Talonflame @ Focus Sash
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Talonflame's routine is quite simple to follow. It takes bigger advantage of priority than any other Pokemon known to man and woman. Facing at 120 BP and 33% recoil we have the move Brave Bird! Brave Bird is basically Talonflame's signature move and it has a tough chance of living without that. It does high damage to the Pokemon with low defense and it can be used as a risky but good chip away move against Pokemon like Heatran. Flare Blitz is the Fire-type version of Brave Bird that stabs just as hard due to it also having 120 BP and 33% recoil. Although Talonflame doesn't have anything to support this move in terms of priority, Talonflame is already one of the fastest Pokemon that the metagame has and so Flare Blitz has a high chance of of going first. Flare Blitz is better against those Pokemon who resist flying like Venuaur or are weak to fire like Jirachi. Roost is a necessary move for Talonflame to have especially because there's always a good chance that Talonflame could be KOed by Stealth Rock or recoil moves without it. It also takes away Flying-type so it's less likely to get KOed by Electric-type attacks but be warned. Ground-type attacks might sneak their way into KOing Talonflame by predicting Roost. Swords Dance is usually common move Talonflames that don't have Choice Band use to set up for higher attack to boost the damage of the 120 BP moves it has. Talonflame packs a hard punch against even the Pokemon who can resist after Swords Dance is used. 3 times max should be able to pull it off best. Itemwise, I chose Focus Sash mainly because Talonflame isn't that defensive and if it ever needs to use Swords Dance, it would be necessary for Talonflame to survive one attack. Recoil and Stealth Rock may lower the chance that Focus Sash has of being used correctly, but at the same time, Talonflame has access to Roost and any well-built team with Talonflame has a defogger to support the Flying/Fire-type Pokemon the team has.

Now, time to introduce you this next Pokemon. I'm not exactly sure if he's a jet or a plane. He's probably both. Here comes Latios!

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

While being the only Pokemon in this team that isn't a Flying-type but has levitate, Latios pulls of being one of the biggest special Dragon-type threats in the metagame. With a powerful BST and good movepool for coverage, this Pokemon can be slightly hard to predict. With Draco Meteor having BP and STAB, it basically turns into this Latios's signature move and gives offensive Pokemon a hard time shielding themselves. Psyshock is rather a move better used than Psychic for Latios, mainly because Latios can pretty much cover for the Pokemon that are specially weak in defense. Psyshock is a special move that goes for the physical defense stat instead so that even the biggest special walls like Eviolite Chansey get torn down. Ice Beam is mainly the move that makes Latios win against the majority of the Flying-type Pokemon out there. This is one of the coverage moves I recommend using on Latios for this metagame, mainly because the metagame itself has so many Flying-type Pokemon Ground-type Pokemon might occasionally get in your way as well. Speaking of Flying-type Pokemon...Thunderbolt is another option! Thunderbolt is basically the coverage move that allows you to hit Flying and Water-type Pokemon at ease with less worry. Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, and especially Roost are good replacements to use if you don't feel that Thunderbolt has as much use. Itemwise, Life Orb seemed good because it supports the damage Latios does and pushes it even further. In Latios's case, the damage done is more effective than the 10% damage he takes every time he attacks.

Now that we've seen Latios, lets look at the other very special Pokemon in this team of 6...Togekiss!

Togekiss @ Lum Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nasty Plot
- Roost

When people see Togekiss, what is usually the first thing they think of? The answer is flinch spam. Togekiss is OU's very own flying flinch spam master as it tortures opponents with high speed, SpA, and Air Slash. Most Pokemon that have lower SpD and speed are more likely to become annoyed by Togekiss's 75 BP Air Slash because it makes them flinch 60% of the time. It's normally 30% but the chances double because it has the ability Serene Grace (Serene Grace doubles the chances of a secondary effect the move may have). Air Slash is also one of Togekiss's STAB attacks so the usual damage is higher. Dazzling Gleam is the 2nd STAB attack move that this Togekiss carries. It's usually the move that covers against Dragon, and Dark-type Pokemon and harmful to the Pokemon who lie in teams where Yveltal, Salamence, Rayquaza, or any other Dragon-type Pokemon are gods with the exception of Dialga. If you look at the 3rd slot, you will notice that Nasty Plot is there. Nasty Plot is the main move Togekiss uses to double its SpA and gain support for Air Slash and Dazzling Gleam to do far more damage. Just know that every time you use this, you are telling Dragon-type Pokemon to back off. Roost on the other hand is the move Togekiss uses to recover 50% of its health while losing its Flying-type. Togekiss is safer using this move than Talonflame is because Togekiss isn't weak to ground regardless. Thunder Wave is also a common move and it's usually an alternative to Nasty Plot or Dazzling Gleam but Pokemon can carry items like Lum Berry to take that out of effect. By then, Togekiss would be at risk. This is why I'd rather carry other moves. Other than that, Togekiss uses these moves well enough and its stats are rather more defensive so it sometimes stalls its way to winning. Itemwise, I slapped Lum Berry on this Pokemon because I wanted Togekiss to at least have another chance of setting up and taking advantage if it does get hit by a status move.

Woah what's this? The king of abundance has slowly ascended his way into this post somehow. Hi; what is your name? Oh? It's Landorus! Alright.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian in general usually has several different tactics and some are less predictable than others. This one is a rather odd one in my opinion because he has a combination of Choice Scarf and Stealth Rock and I would have to rely on U-Turn and Knock Off more than I would for the great STAB Earthquake he has for various reasons. Let's start with U-Turn. U-Turn is the move Landorus-Therian always uses to pull off quick escape attempts successfully. Landorus needs it mainly to switch into a Pokemon that would survive against the current opponent he he was facing or into one that can just KO them right away. U-Turn is also extremely harmful to the ones weak to it like Hoopa-Unbound and Mewtwo-Mega-Y. Earthquake is Landorus-Therian's all time signature move and he uses it to do harmful damage against Pokemon like Dialga and Kyogre-Primal. 100 BP with STAB and base 145 attack is nothing to joke about when it comes to this Pokemon. Sometimes, you might not want to use Earthquake on the opponent but instead, you would rather use Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock is a move that the Pokemon uses to throw rocks out into the battlefield so that any Pokemon can take damage from them. This gives the biggest impact to the really common Flying-type Pokemon out there because Flying-types are weak to rocks. Knock Off is a move that well, knocks off the opponent's item. This move is heavily used on Landorus to predict switches into Flying-type Pokemon or Pokemon with Levitate. For Latias and Latios, Knock Off punishes them with an OHKO. Knock Off seems to also be really good because of its max 130 BP it gets when the opponent is holding the item (and Pokemon do hold items the majority of the time until then so Knock Off will do a lot). Itemwise, Choice Scarf seems like a good item especially because there are Pokemon in the metagame who are faster than Landorus and they don't hold Choice Scarf items.

Last but not least, we have our bird of steel who can fly at speeds of 180+ mph. I welcome you...Skarmory!!!

Skarmory @ Lum Berry / Rock Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Skarmory has one big role and one big role only. It is to recover! Skarmory is the defensive wall of the team who defogs hazards and blows opponents away with whirlwind if needed. This Skarmory has supporting moves and abilities for it to be able to preform its job at its best. Defog just simply removes almost any actual hazard that comes your way in battle. Roost is for making Skarmory heal 50% of its health. This is also less risky than if Talonflame used it even though Ground is weak to steel because Skarmory has higher defensive stats than any Talonflame will ever have. Brave Bird the one move Skarmory uses to chip HP away from opponents. Why chip? Because Skarmory really doesn't have that much attack to support Brave Bird. Whirlwind is for blowing opponents away and forcing your current opponent to switch randomly into any other opponent. This set is really common for any Skarmory and there isn't much other than this. Itemwise, I would say Lum Berry is a good item to use on this Skarmory. Skarmory's role isn't as good if it's paralyzed or burned the whole of the time its out and with Lum Berry, it can at least have another chance to whirlwind on opponents who do have status moves. Rock Helmet is also great because it chips away even more HP of those who try to use contact moves on Skarmory.

Well anyways, I hope you like this post and uh, have a good day!
レックウザ (Rayquaza) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Air Lock
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Talonflame @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Togekiss @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nasty Plot
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Skarmory @ Lum Berry
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Last edited:
Well, now that we're at the end of the month, I'd like to thank everyone for supporting this metagame on both the ladder and in this thread! If you'd like to keep playing Gods and Followers, it's still playable on the Aqua server (link in the OP) it may not have been updated with the coding changes/bans you've seen on the ladder.

Before people move on to the new OMotM discussions, I'd ask if people could please post importables of the teams they've used on the ladder. There are still parts of the teambuilding archive that are totally blank even for high-ranked gods, so you'd be a big help in helping new players later on if this ever wins the ladder again. If you've been holding off posting your best teams for fear of your opponents using them against you or counter-teaming you, now's your chance!

Thanks again!

-Jajoken

Last edited:
I have been holding off for exactly that reason! However, I'm going to give in and give everyone the gift of my teams. I'm not sure if you want a team description along with it, if you do then let me know and I will write out one when I have time

This is the first team I made once Gods and Followers won OMotM, and it proved to be the best
King Tobias (Palkia) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Rival Nation (Noivern) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Boomburst

lowly peasant (Azumarill) @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Superpower

HeirToTheThrone (Garchomp) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

The Duke (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Royal peasant (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Roar
Credit to Manchamp, a.k.a Golemman on Showdown

And here's my second most successful team
King Reptor (Salamence) @ Salamencite
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Earthquake

Peasant (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

GuardianOfTheGate (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Page (Togekiss) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Defog
- Dazzling Gleam

Foreign Ruler (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt

General Trumpeter (Kingdra) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
Credit to Manchamp, a.k.a Golemman on Showdown

The nicknames are just fun, representing medevial titles of nobility and peasants and so forth, which I thought was fitting for a team with a designated Ruler and five humble servants.
Enjoy the teams, and if people want to use them, please be unique and change at least something about it. I know they're perfect so I can understand the temptation ;)

I've already posted my Mega Salamence team as an RMT (in my sig), but I guess I'll post it here anyways (with added nicknames). The description of each member is in the RMT:

Mah boy (Salamence-Mega) (M) @ Salamencite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Earthquake

Mah lad (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover

Mah gramps (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mah hunger (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Mah dragon (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Mah bat (Crobat) @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Cross Poison
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

Next most successful is my Genesect team:
Boing (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

No Sableye (Excadrill) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

FightFireWithFire (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Roar
- Earth Power

Edward (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Knock Off

Not this joke again (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Little Psychopath (Klefki) @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Light Screen
- Reflect

Basically, Klefki sets up screens + spikes, then hangs back to check everything sweeperish not named double dance grounds or sweeper electrics. Then, Genesect softens up the team with repeated U-turns until they're frail enough for an MSciz or Bisharp sweep, with Heatran existing to check BU Rest-Talk PDon. Excadrill sets rocks if I need them - The reason I went with this and not the usual bulky ground rock setters is because my team is weakish to Mega Sableye and it just doesn't care about Mega Sableye thanks to Mold Breaker. In case you're wondering, Klefki's name is a reference to one of Dookieshed's series, Mega Scizor is the hyper original Edward Scissorhands reference, Bisharp is a jokeception thing, Heatran is referencing "fight fire with fire" (because it walls out only Fire Punch PDon).

Landorus Incarnate team:
Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Defog

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz

The idea of the team is to apply offensive pressure as much as possible. Thundurus is an offensive nightmare, Lando only really needs a softened team and the freedom to Rock Polish and it's GG, Zard X is OU's most threatening sweeper atm, Garchomp lays rocks, Talonflame Revenge Kills and Zapdos Defogs. I don't remember the teambuild process, but apart from Lando itself, it's probably my least intelligently built team tbh. It was built just to test Lando, though, so it's understandable.

Next up, my Palkia team. It's pretty decent, but was built with PDon in mind (and maybe not so much other threats).
Rated 18 and over (Palkia) @ Lustrous Orb
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave

Wish you better (Alomomola) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Toxic
- Protect
- Scald

Not an iPhone (Manaphy) @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Energy Ball
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Too rough bby (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

*dies of ugliness* (Altaria-Mega) @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Heal Bell

GATA GO FAST (Latios) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Defog

Palkia runs Fire Blast to snag Ferrothorn if Garchomp goes down. It runs Lustrous as that smacks PDon in the face and lets me bluff choice, and TWave catches things like Latios on the switch if it predicts Hydro or something. Alomolomola checks Excadrill, a Pokemon that threatens Palkia. Manaphy smacks stall teams and the rest of PDon's team after it's gone down, Garchomp sprays rocks, Mega Altaria is the dragon/Outrage check (people still run Outrage lol)/ sweeper. Latios is my revenge killer because I needed a scarfer that could also Defog if need be (Hydreigon just couldn't).

I'd post my PDon team, but it's pretty much standard BU Rest Talk PDon with Sp.Def Gastro (ty Ghoul King), with a few small set differences. That and it wasn't that successful. These were the main ones I used, btw, so they may be bad *grumble grumble hax grumble grumble*.

Yeah I have no idea what happened there. I'd test it out but the ladder is gone lol. I'd have to imagine it was a recent change to the code, or it probably would have come up much earlier in the month. Oh well, something to keep an eye on if this wins ladder again.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
If the same code which is coded in main was same in aqua,i could try and battle with dowload darkrai for instance

This was also my impression, that mono-Psychic is lackluster, auto-loses to any strong Dark type, etc. etc. -- however from what I can tell as an outsider, Psychic is considered a fairly strong team in Monotype. This obviously isn't Monotype, and a dual typed god with alright types can often outclass a monotyped god with a great type, but if there are any Monotype players that also play Gods and Followers, I'd be curious to hear that perspective.

But yeah, I'd personally push for them all to be 2-star for the time being.
Well i think if a Mewtwo versions of team are so scared to dark mono's they can try gardevoir,gal;ade and maybe medicham,and this set helped me beat dark team the only time i battled with such.

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Rock Slide

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch
- Trick

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe <--------------That set
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Trick
- Destiny Bond

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Psyshock

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Earthquake
- Defog

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Final Gambit

ANd heres an updated MMX team

Shit 4got to tag him :p

LaxLapras :Helped me in giving the mmx finishing touches

Last edited by a moderator:
Primal Goddon (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Roar
- Rest

Egyptian Demon (Hippowdon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Sluggish (Gastrodon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Support (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Shatter (Nidoking) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Endure (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Roost

I've avoided talking about Nidoking in the thread because I think a big part of its utility was that people weren't used to the idea of taking it seriously -nonetheless, it has enough firepower and good enough coverage that there are teams where any switch is going to result in a KO if predicted correctly, either a OHKO outright or a 2HKO where Nidoking outspeeds. It hits so hard that I do things like smack Skarmory with Ice Beam for the 2HKO just in case they switch in Landorus-Therian or the like. (Since Sturdy ensures that Thunderbolt won't be a OHKO) Its Speed tier is problematic and turns it into a sacrifice against some teams where literally everything will outspeed and OHKO it -such as some Psychic teams- but there are other teams here the God is the only thing faster than it, or where the God isn't faster than it because the God isn't Speed invested, and so Nidoking can sweep the entire team by itself.

I originally implemented Donphan entirely as a spinner, one that wasn't Excadrill (Historically, when I try to use Excadrill as a spinner, it doesn't work for me), but I've found it to be an amazing global check. Outside of Mold Breaker Pokemon and multi-hitters (eg Breloom) it can revenge-switch in on basically anything and grab the KO. It's also able to maul Landorus-Therian and Garchomp with Ice Shard, survive whatever they do between its incredible bulk and Sturdy, and hit them again, usually finishing them. It also works as a counter to most Focus Sashers if I can revenge it in, as most Focus Sashers in the tier aren't carrying priority themselves.

Everything else is pretty generic/has already been discussed a lot.

BIRD (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Burninate (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Har (Togekiss) (F) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Roost

Erupt (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

EYES (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Roost

Fry (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

A stab at a Ho-Oh team. I found it struggled a lot, and I just didn't have as much fun as with my Primal Groudon team. It's probably not even a very good team.

Kung Fu God (Arceus) @ Fist Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Refresh
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Thax (Toxicroak) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dry Skin
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Toxic

Annihilate (Infernape) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Slack Off

Shiver (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

Underwhelm (Medicham) (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Punch Out! (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Toxic

Terrakion, Mega Medicham, and Arceus are the only team members that stayed throughout with minimal modification. The other team members replaced various things like Hitmontop.

Ultimately I feel Fighting Arceus' primary problem is that it has almost all the tools it needs, but not sufficiently concentrated to put them on one team. I implemented Toxicroak to have a switch in for Scald and to a certain extent Rain teams in general. I ran Scrafty and then Pangoro for a bit to have a Psychic switch-in. I have Cobalion and Infernape in an attempt to have Fairy switch-ins. (And, in Infernape's case, to give me a Will O Wisp switch-in/another competent Special attacker) I had Hitmontop as a spinner for a while. Mega Medicham is basically necessary to break various walls... I could make a passable team with, like, nine slots available, but there's only six, so I was constantly bringing in something to deal with a ladder threat that utterly destroyed me, and then finding I had to bring in some other thing to deal with some other threat. In the end it was clear I could basically pick my poison, but I couldn't make a team able to take on everything good on the ladder.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Alright I'll post my teams too

Salamence @ Salamencite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Refresh
- Roost

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Iron Head

Latias @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Grass Knot

This team is simple to use. My strategy in most games is to just get rocks, bash up a few things before sacking everything, setting screens with Latias, then sweeping with MegaMence. In all seriousness, bulky MMence is just amazing. It sets up on and just plows right over most walls, even ones that use status+Foul Play. The only thing that can really stop its sweep are Prankster TWave users, so make sure to remove opposing Thundy/Klefki before attempting to sweep. Kingdra is purely there for opposing weather using teams, and could probably be replaced with Latios/Skarmory or something but memes. Thundy is a great emergency check to many set up sweepers, crippling them for Kube or MMence to finish off. It's especially great against PDon teams, taking on Hippo/Gastro w/ Grass Knot. Flash Cannon is there for Mega Altaria. I chose Lando-T as an offensive rocker and a burdspam check, and it works reasonably well as a pivot. LO 3 atks Kube is fantastic at demolishing stuff, often ripping gigantic holes in opposing bulky teams for an easy MMence sweep. It also takes on Weavile reasonably well, especially if it lacks Low Kick, which is a massive threat to this team. Latias is fairly self explanatory--screens then healing wish. Overall this team did pretty well, and while it isn't the best that I could make it, it was certainly fun to use.

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Atk / 228 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Defog
- Roost

Klefki @ Light Clay
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Spikes

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon

This is a team I used in the Xern meta, and it was very good, even beating a well built PDon team. Magnezone traps and eliminates Ferro/Sciz/Skarm as usual, Balloon Tran takes on PDon+Exca, BellyJet Azu is a very potent sweeper, especially behind screens (which Klefki sets remarkably well) and w/ Skarm/Ferro removed. ParaFlinch Togekiss w/ Defog was my filler mon, and SpD MegaMaw checked Xerneas and sets up on weaker special attackers.

Here's a couple other teams I made but had less success with

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave
- Oblivion Wing

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Steel Wing
- U-turn

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Hyperspace Fury
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Def / 20 SpA / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Steel Wing
- U-turn

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Hoopa-Unbound @ Leftovers
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Def / 20 SpA / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Steel Wing
- U-turn

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Loved GaF as OMotM, it's a really fun and unique meta and here's hoping it wins again next time it's allowed to :)

Woo, usage is out, so I figured I'd do a quick run down for those who don't want to trawl through data. I'm not sure how the Geomancy ban is considered in the usage, tbh, but here are some noteworthy stats and observations. For some reason MRay still shows up in the usage but that's probably similar to the Ubers stats' usage. Do tell me if I missed something. Usage used is the 1630 usage stats here

Top 20 Most Used Gods during Ladder Month (Most used to least used):
#1 Yveltal
#2 Dialga - Not too surprising, it was 5 star most of the month iirc and I saw it a bunch on the Last Day AKA the day where I lost 200 points on the ladder thanks to hax
#3 Lugia
#4 Primal Groudon - Only really gained popularity near the end
#5 Arceus-Normal
#6 Palkia
#7 Kyogre Base
#8 Mega Salamence
#9 Mega Mawile
#10 Ho-oh
#11 Mega Lucario
#12 Xerneas (inc. Geomancy, without it it's MUCH lower as over 77% ran Geomancy. This implies once Geomancy got the boot, nobody really wanted to use it anymore)
#13 Genesect
#14 Zekrom
#15 Mega Blaziken
#16 Primal Kyogre
#17 Aegislash
#18 Kyurem-W
#19 Soul Dew Latios (only 13.55% of Latios were Soul Dew, meaning Soul Dew Laios recieved ~1.67% usage)
#20 Shaymin-Sky

Xerneas minus Geomancy saw only 0.77% (rounded) usage, putting it far below the bottom of this list. It saw more usage than MTwoY though and was the most used Fairy God in the format minus Geomancy. Mega Mewtwo X was the most used Mewtwo, but still didn't make the list. My land-zeus-bro-thing Landorus-I saw less than 1% usage but more was JUST scraping 1%. Mega Rayquaza was actually #13 but it's banned so it's not on the list, putting my top bug pally Genesect at #13. Deoxys speed was the single least used God, with only 64 uses of it in total if I understand the usage right.

Noticeable non-God trends - Skarmory was by far the most used Pokemon, which makes sense considering the powerhouses of Gods. Mega Altaria saw a bunch of usage - It was the single most used mega in the format.

Last edited:
Skarmory usage doesn't surprise me at all -- it provides hazards, hazard removal, phazing, recovery, high defenses and is usable on Steel teams to mitigate their Ground weakness or on Flying teams to provide a ton of resistances/neutralities Flying lacks (like the ever-common Dragon). Of the top 20 gods played, it's usable (and good) on 10 of their teams. Well earned #1 Follower award.

Accurate picture of Gods and Followers ladder:

The relatively high Mega Lucario usage is interesting. Did anyone have success with Mega Lucario teams? I don't think it was ever discussed in the thread.

There were also a total of 53,429 matches played! We beat RU! :]
Jk we got like 80k

Last edited:
Skarmory usage doesn't surprise me at all -- it provides hazards, hazard removal, phazing, recovery, high defenses and is usable on Steel teams to mitigate their Ground weakness or on Flying teams to provide a ton of resistances/neutralities Flying lacks (like the ever-common Dragon). Of the top 20 gods played, it's usable (and good) on 10 of their teams. Well earned #1 Follower award.

Accurate picture of Gods and Followers ladder:

The relatively high Mega Lucario usage is interesting. Did anyone have success with Mega Lucario teams? I don't think it was ever discussed in the thread.

There were also a total of 53,429 matches played! We beat RU! :]
Can confirm picture is accurate

It's logical to assume many MLucs were used to check things like GeoXern back in the earlier portions of month, but it does hit extremely hard (harder than MMence's Double Edge, although barely) with Close Combat and has a decent typing for followers. It's also even more of a royal pain to check than MMence thanks to it's wide priority pool - iirc it has three forms of viable priority with an effective base power of 80, with one (ExtremeSpeed) hitting with +2 priority. I guess the reason it wasn't used more is that it's pretty frail, but I guess for many, this little factor was outweighed by the pros.

What really interested me, however, was the high usage of Lugia, considering I think it was largely agreed Lugia stall wasn't that great. The usage, however, suggests it was used on OFFENSIVE teams - It's most common teammates are all pretty offensively oriented Pokemon. Hoopa-U was it's most common teammate, with Starmie, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Medicham, Dragonite, Victini, Alakazam, and Mega Charizard X all showing up. No Pokemon typically associated with stall, except MAYBE Gliscor and Jirachi, appeared in the most used Teammates for Lugia. Some Pokemon on it's teammate's usage list suggest it was run on Balance, though. Definitely interesting IMO.

canno

formerly The Reptile
I am also not surprised about Skarm's high usage, especially when you consider that Yveltal is #1 in usage. Skarmory is basically mandatory on any Yveltal team, and is a godsend to those teams. Just having a check to Fairy-types (and Xern teams in general) is already amazing, but it also just provides so much support due to its movepool and typing. Such a good mon in Yveltal teams.

Can confirm picture is accurate

It's logical to assume many MLucs were used to check things like GeoXern back in the earlier portions of month, but it does hit extremely hard (harder than MMence's Double Edge, although barely) with Close Combat and has a decent typing for followers. It's also even more of a royal pain to check than MMence thanks to it's wide priority pool - iirc it has three forms of viable priority with an effective base power of 80, with one (ExtremeSpeed) hitting with +2 priority. I guess the reason it wasn't used more is that it's pretty frail, but I guess for many, this little factor was outweighed by the pros.

What really interested me, however, was the high usage of Lugia, considering I think it was largely agreed Lugia stall wasn't that great. The usage, however, suggests it was used on OFFENSIVE teams - It's most common teammates are all pretty offensively oriented Pokemon. Hoopa-U was it's most common teammate, with Starmie, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Medicham, Dragonite, Victini, Alakazam, and Mega Charizard X all showing up. No Pokemon typically associated with stall, except MAYBE Gliscor and Jirachi, appeared in the most used Teammates for Lugia. Some Pokemon on it's teammate's usage list suggest it was run on Balance, though. Definitely interesting IMO.
I think it just serves as a strong defensive backbone that can support its team more than the other way around, which is interesting for a god. Lugia just blanket-checks a ton of stuff on its own, so a full stall team isn't entirely nessecary. Flying and Psychic are also considered among the strongest Monotype teams, so there's a strong selection of followers, I suppose.

The OMotM may be over, but I just want to... express my feelings?

Taken from http://www.smogon.com/stats/2016-01/godsandfollowers-1760.txt

EIGHTY THREE THOUSAND BATTLES!!! For an OMotM!!!

Am I seeing things? If yes, ignore this post.
If not, this probably breaks the record of the most played OMotM ever. Congratulations I'd say.
Woah, I misread the value for the number of matches. That's a ton, really impressed. Though I think Inheritance has gotten over 100k?

I think it just serves as a strong defensive backbone that can support its team more than the other way around, which is interesting for a god. Lugia just blanket-checks a ton of stuff on its own, so a full stall team isn't entirely nessecary. Flying and Psychic are also considered among the strongest Monotype teams, so there's a strong selection of followers, I suppose.
That makes sense, considering it can beat or at least cripple the majority of the pains that Offense has, like Mega Lopunny, Mega Alakazam, etc. Mega Manectric's a bit of a pain, but considering most Lugia teams had a Hoopa-U (which checks MMane amazingly well), it's not the end of the world. It is interesting to see that the God supports the followers, though.

I generally found Mega Lucario underwhelming as an opponent, as it was hard to actually switch it in. The only notable thing about it in my personal experience was that it and Mega Blaziken were the only times I had to face Breloom, which was really hard to find an adequate check/counter to with Primal Groudon teams. (Among other points, Technician Bullet Seed bypasses Sturdy) I actually implemented Gliscor primarily to stop it -ignores Spore, is resistant to Fighting and neutral to Grass, and has hilarious Physical bulk.

But Mega Lucario itself had trouble facing down other Gods and didn't tend to contribute much against enemy followers. In practice its main niche in my opinion was being the best God for accessing Fighting types -Mega Blaziken was even more flawed in my experience, while Arceus being limited to just Fighting was very problematic, where Lucario gets stuff like Skarmory- which is admittedly a pretty notable niche. (eg I could've ignored Breloom if it weren't for Mega Lucario)

Still, I'm surprised to hear that Mega Lucario was that high usage.

I'm not surprised to hear about Lugia though. My experience fighting Lugia teams was that Lugia itself tended to be used as a blanket stall check, capable of walling for at least a time virtually any OU Pokemon (With the exception that Lugia had trouble handling Toxic, needing cleric support in practice) while its teammates provided the offensive power. I had multiple matches where Lugia ended up standing alone against three of my Pokemon, and was able to stall its way fairly close to victory at that point. Usually I won anyway -Primal Groudon has a lot of power, for one- but I suspect there were plenty of matches where Lugia turned that kind of end-game situation into a win by having superior ability to outlast the enemy team, and particularly the enemy God.

If nothing else, it was probably the single hardest God to land a surprise KO on, virtually ensuring that, with competent play, Lugia's followers didn't need to fear suddenly having Curse dumped on them.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-2701
5-0 my own team. Does that say good things about my playing, or bad things about my teambuilding?
I guess you just made a spike-stacking team that's also weak to spike-stacking lol.
Nope,Inheritance had 21753 battles And Quantum Tesseract i think you "outplayed" him :P

Taken from http://www.smogon.com/stats/2015-11/inheritance-1760.txt
My bad, guess I was misremembering. That's genuinely impressive though -- this ladder got like quadruple the play of some of most highly successful OMs that have been recommended for a permanent ladder, like Inheritance. Good work, team!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)