Pokémon Glimmora

An idea that I had, haven't tried it out on ladder (school wont let me)

Secret Sweep Glimmora
Bestagon (Glimmora) @ Life Orb
Ability: Toxic Debris
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Power Gem
- Dazzling Gleam

No clue how good it is (I'm not great at competitive) but I figured that 130 SpA was good enough to sweep
Edit: No clue what best Tera type is, ground for stab earth power perhaps?

I'm not amazing at Competitive but i've borrowed a few ideas from here and built what I like as a strong starter. Needs to GTFO vs special attackers though.

Glimmora @ Red Card
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 HP
Bold Nature
Tera Type: Grass
- Stealth Rock
- Venoshock
- Power Gem
- Energy Ball

It's swept entire teams for me in singles but then there aretimes its been taken out but it's been performing well.

Anyone think Glimmora might get something special for DLC? It is the champion's ace as well as being the Pokémon they make you encounter at Area Zero and how it is unusual for it to be there or something.

Offensive Based
Glimmora @ Focus Sash/Life Orb/Air Balloon
Timid/Modest Nature
Tera Type: Grass/Flying
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave/Venoshock
- Energy Ball/Earth Power
- Stealth Rock/Mortal Spin/Rock Polish

Item Options:

Focus Sash - top personal choice since its vulnerable to many common weaknesses and allows it to survive for at least 2 turns in case of a mismatch.

Life Orb - if you are willing to risk using this mon as a special sweeper/wallbreaker along with Rock Polish then you can blow some devastating hits on the opponent while abusing its +2 speed. However, a x1.3 boost with the cost of losing 1/10th of its HP and not to mention its common weaknesses, can easily be 1HKO'd while also being vulnerable to priority moves.

Air Balloon - gains the immunity to ground type attacks, but only use this item for grass tera type.

Tera Type Options:

Grass - most reliable type due to STAB Energy Ball and resistant to ground and water type attacks.

Flying - other option so that you can turn the tables around, but honestly see this as a cheesy way to use this mon just to gain one immunity.

Move Options:

Sludge Wave/Stealth Rock Combo - most preferred for better overall poison type damage and the opportunity to set up both Toxic Debris and Stealth Rock. Now if you really wish, you could run Spikes instead of Stealth Rock, but it is pointless against flying types.

Venoshock/Mortal Spin Combo - Venoshock is definitely more useful with Mortal Spin and against poisoned mons, but loses the opportunity to set another entry hazard like Stealth Rock or Spikes.

Energy Ball vs Earth Power - Energy Ball is preferred especially for grass tera type, but Earth Power is actually a pretty good consideration since it’s super effective against a lot of commonly used mons.

Rock Polish + 3 Moves - using this strategy can come in handy (especially with Life Orb), but it is very risky. In regard to its many weaknesses, you would need to waste a turn to set up Rock Polish in order to get this mon running; plus, priority moves are its worst nightmare. But underestimate this mon and you will receive a devastating round of attacks.

Let me know what y’all think.

Last edited:
Offensive Based
Glimmora @ Focus Sash/Life Orb/Air Balloon
Timid Nature
Tera Type: Grass/Flying
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave/Venoshock
- Energy Ball/Earth Power
- Stealth Rock/Mortal Spin

Item Options:

Focus Sash - top personal choice since its vulnerable to many common weaknesses and allows it to survive for at least 2 turns in case of a mismatch.

Life Orb - I don’t really see the point of life orb other than adding the x1.3 boost with the cost of losing 1/10th HP, not to mention the common weaknesses. There are plenty of other mons that would be more viable with this item.

Air Balloon - gains the immunity to ground type attacks, but only use this item for grass tera type.

Tera Type Options:

Grass - most reliable type due to STAB Energy Ball and resistant to ground and water type attacks.

Flying - other option so that you can turn the tables around, but honestly see this as a cheesy way to use this mon just to gain one immunity.

Move Options:

Sludge Wave/Stealth Rock Combo - most preferred for better overall poison type damage and the opportunity to set up both Toxic Debris and Stealth Rock. Now if you really wish, you could run Spikes instead of Stealth Rock, but it is pointless against flying types.

Venoshock/Mortal Spin Combo - Venoshock is definitely more useful with Mortal Spin and against poisoned mons, but loses the opportunity to set another entry hazard like Stealth Rock or Spikes.

Energy Ball vs Earth Power - Energy Ball is preferred especially for grass tera type, but Earth Power is actually a pretty good consideration since it’s super effective against a lot of commonly used mons.

Let me know what y’all think.
Glimmorra ideally isn't the Pokémon that will want to Terastylize unfortunately. Air Ballon is the best item even though it's a one time thing due to the prevalence of ground moves. Energy Ball is mandatory to be able to hit ground types the hardest.

Glimmorra ideally isn't the Pokémon that will want to Terastylize unfortunately. Air Ballon is the best item even though it's a one time thing due to the prevalence of ground moves. Energy Ball is mandatory to be able to hit ground types the hardest.
Grass type Glimmora is a great option for terastallizing. It truly turns the tables against its weaknesses and STAB Energy Ball is an absolute necessity. Also, Focus Sash is a far better item then Air Balloon since no matter if Glimmora does get hit a ground type move (which are usually physical moves), it will survive with 1 HP and has the advantage to activate Toxic Debris.

I also put together this very interesting and unique moveset that is underrated as h3ll.

Rock Polish + 3 Attacks
Glimmora @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Energy Ball
- Rock Polish

I’m actually surprised that no one is willing to use Glimmora with it’s 130 SpA + Life Orb + Rock Polish in order to unlock its true potential as a special sweeper.

Last edited:
I also put together this very interesting and unique moveset that is underrated as h3ll.

Rock Polish + 3 Attacks
Glimmora @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Energy Ball
- Rock Polish

I’m actually surprised that no one is willing to use Glimmora with it’s 130 SpA + Life Orb + Rock Polish in order to unlock its true potential as a special sweeper.
Why would you run Energy Ball instead of Earth Power? This set gets walled by Steels.

Rock Polish + 3 Attacks
Glimmora @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Energy Ball
- Rock Polish

I already submitted this set actually, though I replaced Sludge Wave with Venoshock. And yes, far too few are using Glimmora offensively.

Rock Polish + 3 Attacks
Glimmora @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Energy Ball
- Rock Polish

You could drop Sludge Wave for Earth Power as it's not hitting much besides Breloom and Iron Vaillant

You could drop Sludge Wave for Earth Power as it's not hitting much besides Breloom and Iron Vaillant
Breloom and Iron Valiant are both very common in OU. Sludge Wave also checks mons like Grimmsnarl and Azumarill. But tbh, it’s totally fine to use Glimmora as a Suicide Life Orb/Focus Sash All-Out Attacker.

Breloom and Iron Valiant are both very common in OU. Sludge Wave also checks mons like Grimmsnarl and Azumarill. But tbh, it’s totally fine to use Glimmora as a Suicide Life Orb/Focus Sash All-Out Attacker.
Breloom+Iron Valliant are also pretty frail on the special side as well and Breloom gets outsped. Most of the Steel types are a more significant threat.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Breloom+Iron Valliant are also pretty frail on the special side as well and Breloom gets outsped. Most of the Steel types are a more significant threat.
But Breloom resists every other move, so....
Honestly I'd drop Rock STAB if anything. Sludge Bomb x EBall x Earth Power hits a damn lot of the meta.

But Breloom resists every other move, so....
Honestly I'd drop Rock STAB if anything. Sludge Bomb x EBall x Earth Power hits a damn lot of the meta.
Breloom gets 2koed by LO Power Gem though and Corviknight and the rarer Orthoworm become larger issues. It really depends on team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)