Gifts of the Gods

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Approved by The Immortal and Eevee General
Original idea by Hot dog pizza

Image source: Gymjack @ DeviantArt
Premise:
The gods favor your pokemon! Pick a god and have its powers bestowed upon your team.

Rules:
OU banlist, except that:

Teams are allowed one Ubers tier pokemon. The other teammates receive the base stat of the uber corresponding to their position on the team.

Bans: Huge Power, Pure Power, Eviolite (Mega-Rayquaza remains banned)
By extension, Mawilite and Medichamite are banned.
Update 20/09/2016: Chansey, Blissey
Potential suspects: Lightball, Deep Sea Tooth, Primals, anything with multiple base stats above 160

Explanation:
Here's how the uber's stats are distributed to each team mate.

upload_2016-8-17_1-13-56.png

You will be able to recognize from team preview how your opponent is gifting their stats, based upon the position of their uber.

Here's an example:
upload_2016-8-17_0-19-40.png

In this case, Yveltal is my uber and is occupying slot 4. So Breloom in slot 1 will have its HP stat replaced with Yveltal's base HP of 126. Since Clefable is in slot 2, it gets Yveltal's ATK of 131. Heatran in slot 3 gets Yveltal's defense of 95. Yveltal is in slot 4, so nothing receives its special attack stat. Landorus in slot 5 gets Yveltal's Special defense, and lastly, Scizor gets Yveltal's speed.

What about Mega-Evolutions?
In the interest of not created an entirely broken metagame, megas will retain their gifted stat before and after mega evolving. This is also the case for form changes.

F.A.Q.s
What happens when the god has a form change or is a mega?
The stats of the god prior to form change or mega evolution are what are used to gift to the other teammates. For example, Aegislash's teammates will receives the shield form's stats. Mega-salamence's teammates get regular Salamence's stats. Primals will gift the stats of their normal forms.

What about the Gods themselves? Do they gain any stats?
No, they don't. Since they're "gifting" to themselves, their stats remain unchanged (ie Arceus still has 120 across the board, etc).

Won't Shedinja be broken?
Nope. Shedinja's HP is hardcoded to 1. Stealth rock is your friend.

When will X get banned?
There are certainly broken threats that I have overlooked with my initial bans, however, I don't want to ban anything outright before this is even playable. Things will be both VERY bulky and VERY strong in this meta. When the time comes we can look at god bans, teammate bans and maybe even (complex?) slot bans, but again, please defer discussion about what needs to go until we can test it.

What if I don't have an Uber on my team?
Ideally, nothing will happen: you will just be playing a normal OU team. Currently, however, the Pokemon in the first slot acts as the god.

Is this playable anywhere?
Yes! Thanks to Spandan , this is playable on ROM and DragonHeaven!
http://rom.psim.us/lobby

Terminology and Notation
See the OP. If you have other questions, PM me and I can update the FAQ.
-----

So when I originally came up with the idea for this meta I had a few goals:
  1. Make team building simple, but with some depth beyond just type synergies and offensive pairings
  2. Breathe life into under utilized and/or crappy pokemon
  3. Get some ubers into a metagame that is not ubers based
  4. Avoid the OM tropes of ate-speed and impenetrable stall
I hope that through some testing we can realize each of these goals, but I think that before we are able to do that, we need to establish a common language and notation for how we express sets and teams. So here are some proposals, but they are definitely open for discussion, and I'm sure some will evolve naturally over time. Think of these as just guidelines.

Terminology:
God: The uber pokemon of your team is known as the teams god. To describe a team then, I might say: "My team is Giratina-O stall". You could, however, try to make a bulky offensive team with Giratina-O, in which case it becomes useful to know the position of the god.
Gift (v): The god gifts its stats to its teammates. Use this over similar verbs like donate, inherits from, etc...

Notation:
Sharing an individual pokemon's set is not particularly useful without the context of both what gods it works with and what slot it occupies. So for single sets I would suggest something like:

(Arceus) Excadrill @ Leftovers (DEF=120)
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Including the value of the stat may not be necessary.

When talking about gods, be sure to specify the slot the god occupies. For example, Mewtwo[4] wouldn't be too good, while Mewtwo[2,3] is great.

If posting a team dump, team order is inherit with the export from the teambuilder, so there should be no problem there. When specifying a team, however, you should clarify in one of two ways.
  1. Explicitly list the team in the order you plan to build it. e.g. Sableye / Keldeo / Ho-Oh / Metagross / Skarmory / Hippowdon. Bolding the god might be nice.
  2. Specify the position of the god, and then when talking about any teammates, either note their position, or the stat they are receiving.
If anyone has suggestion on how to improve these or ideas for other standards, please share.
Changelog
20/09/2016: Chansey, Blissey banned
08/10/2016: Shadow Tag banned, Soul Dew banned
15/10/2016: Sablenite banned

Last edited:

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Sample Sets
Deoxys-A (Swellow) @ Choice Specs [SpA = 180]
Ability: Scrappy
252 SpA / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- U-turn / Sleep Talk

Deoxys-A (Linoone) @ Sitrus Berry [Atk = 180]
Ability: Pick Up
172 HP / 40 Def / 252 Atk / 44 SpDef
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw / Thief / Seed Bomb / Gunk Shot
- Return / Seed Bomb / Gunk Shot / Play Rough

(mix and match your coverage to suit your team)

Sample Teams
sin(pi)'s Deo-A normalspam HO
Funbot28's Ho-Oh WonderTrio Stall (Sablenite banned)
average fella's Deo-A mindless HO
Chopin Alkaninoff's PDon FWG Balance (Sablenite banned) (scpinion's updated version)
Funbot28's Arceus Scolipass HO
blazenix's Hoopa-U Rain

Other Resources
Spandan's post on stat receivers

Last edited:

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Gift of the Gods Viability Ranking
Viability Ranking Just for Gods
Created by Chopin Alkaninoff

Special thanks to jrdn, Nido The King, Smooge, Scarfnaut, OrdA and some others that helped him in PS chat
Remember that this is Viability Ranking for Gods, NOT Followers.
The ranking is based on:
  1. How good the mon gives stats to their teammates. This affects your team synergy and capabilities.
  2. How well the mon performs by itself in general.
Point #1 is more valuable than #2 (If not, Deo-A wouldn't be S rank), though #2 is a pretty big deciding factor when deciding for ranking.

Note: Megas, Primals and Arceus forms are ranked as one because they give the same stat distribution, while Giratina-Altered and Giratina-Origin are ranked separately because they give different stats spread.

Also since the number of potential gods is not high, there will be no subranks like A+ or A-. There will be only S, A, B, C, and Ubers that you shouldn't use as ranks. Each rank is listed in alphabetical order.

S rank

Arceus
Deoxys-Attack
Groudon

A rank

Hoopa-U
Kyogre
Kyurem-White
Lugia
Mewtwo
Rayquaza
Xerneas
Yveltal

B rank

Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-Origin
Ho-oh
Palkia
Reshiram
Zekrom

C rank

Darkrai
Deoxys-Normal
Salamence*
Shaymin-Sky

Ubers you should NOT run

Aegislash
Blaziken
Deoxys-Defense
Deoxys-Speed
Genesect
Gengar*
Greninja
Kangaskhan*
Landorus
Lucario*
Mawile*

*they donate the base form's stats

Gift of the Gods Viability Ranking
Viability Rankings just for the Followers
Created by Funbot28
Special thanks to Quantum Tesseract, Chopin Alkaninoff, iLlama, and Grains of Salt for helping create it
The ranking is based on how good the mon performs given the stats from the respective God.

The rankings are divided into S, A, B, C, and Do not use, and are organised in sub-divisions. Ranked in Alphabetical order.

*Note: Stats that are bolded are the better stats the Pokemon performs in.

S Rank:

Smeargle (Attack, Speed)
Swellow (Special Attack)
Talonflame (Attack, Defense, Special Defense)

A Rank:

A+

Mega Heracross (Speed)
Quagsire (Special Defense, HP, Defense)
Serperior (Special Attack)
Alomomola (Special Defense, Defense)
Clefable (Defense, HP, Special Defense)

A

Ditto (HP, Defense, Special Defense)
Mega Diancie (HP, Speed)
Mega Pinsir (Speed)
Nidoking (Special Attack)
Rhyperior (Special Defense)
Shuckle (HP, Speed)

A-

Crawdaunt (Attack, Speed)
Kingdra (Special Attack)
Linoone (Attack)
Nidoqueen (Special Attack)
Manaphy (HP, Speed)
Pikachu (Attack)
Rampardos (Speed)
Mega Scizor (HP, Special Defense, Speed)

B Rank:

B+

Landorus-T (HP, Speed)
Lanturn (Defense)
Skarmory (Special Defense, HP)
Tyranitar (Speed, Attack, Special Attack)
Ursaring (Speed)
Zygarde (Special Defense, Attack)

B

Amoonguss (Defense, Special Defense, HP)
Mega Blastoise (Speed)
Cloyster (Attack, HP, Special Defense)
Dugtrio (Special Attack, Attack)
Kyurem-B (Speed)
Mega Camerupt (Speed)
Slowbro (Special Defense)
Mega Slowbro (Special Defense, Speed, Special Attack)
Suicune (Special Attack, HP, Defense, Speed)
Mega Venusaur (HP)

B-

Cobalion (Attack, Special Attack)
Electrode (Special Attack)
Excadrill (Speed, Special Defense)
Ferrothorn (HP)
Keldeo (Attack, Special Attack)
Magnezone (Speed, Special Attack)
Marowak (Speed)
Mega Metagross (Attack, Special Attack)
Mew (Defense, Special Defense)
Tornadus (Special Defense, Special Attack, Attack)
Victini (Attack, Special Defense, Defense)

C Rank:

C+
Mega Aggron (Special Defense)
Mega Ampharos (Speed)

Gliscor (HP, Special Defense)
Mega Lopunny (Attack)
Politoed (HP)
Rotom-W (HP)
Vaporeon (Defense, Special Defense)

C
Crobat (Special Defense)
Mega Garchomp (Speed, Special Attack)
Gengar (Special Attack)
Hippowdon (Special Defense)
Tangrowth (Special Defense)
Zapdos (Defense, HP)

C-

Mega Abomasnow (Speed, HP)
Chesnaught (Speed)
Darmanitan (Speed)
Florges (Defense, HP)
Mega Gardevoir (Speed)
Mamoswine (Speed, Attack)
Shedinja (Stat really doesn't matter, it doesn't gain HP)
Volcanion (Speed)

D Rank:
placeholder

DO NOT USE:
Sableye (non-mega) (HP)
Shuckle (Attack, Special Attack)

If you wanna nominate a mon to rank up or down, that's fine, but please give reason.

Last edited:
Preliminary first thoughts:
- Blissey is coming through! Seriously Blissey in the third slot is so amazingly bulky with a huge increase in defense from the likes of Arceus, Lugia, Giratina, and more. Obviously Blissey > Chansey because I hate Chansey there is no Eviolite here
- What happens with Aegislash? Does everything get the Shield Form's stats or will they change in-battle. I'm guessing the former is true because it is more logical but clarification is always nice.
- Attackers with great abilities or one important but hindering stat benefit a lot here. Want a great Choice Scarf Magnezone? Slot it in with Arceus, Shaymin-S, or other speedy attackers. Nidoqueen's wallbreaking capability not enough for you already? Slap it on a team with Palkia or Rayquaza and have it wreck with Sheer Force plus a crazy SpA stat (not Nidoking because Nidoqueen would inherit an offensive stat and keep its better defensive stats). Sheer Force, Adaptability, and other damage-boosting abilities are going to be awesome here.
- Uber Pokemon picked will never be the Mega. Since I'm guessing Pokemon inherit the base stat of the base form and not the mega, the Uber Megas will be a little lackluster. Also, priority will be given to Uber Pokemon with multiple very high stats. I suspect Arceus will be very common in this metagame, with others like Dialga, Palkia, Xerneas, Kyurem-White, and Yveltal also getting screen time.
- Balance will almost certainly be the major playstyle here, with bulky offense and semi-stall not being far behind. With the nature of high stats in Ubers, there will be Pokemon on each team suited to offense and defense (unless someone decides to pick Deoxys forms or something but then you would have a few nukes/bulk-monsters and a few deadweight Pokemon).

This looks like an interesting meta. Can't wait to see what ends up emerging as a threat! (BellySpeed Linoone with 150 attack?)

Cool meta! I suspect this will end up turning out a little bit like Nature Swap, with people using something like Arceus as an excuse to fix bad stats of a mon. Some ideas:
  • Mega Garchomp seems pretty cool if someone can use something with a decent speed stat to bring it up to 120+ speed, especially given it gets SD and a good movepool (and speed is really it's only bad stat).
  • Talonflame too looks ridiculous, as if you can get it with a decent attack stat, almost nothing can stop it, being able to 2hko physdef Giratina without boosts, as well as 2hkoing Lugia through multiscale at +2 (this is only using Arceus's attack stat)
  • I see stall being outclassed by really fat balance here, purely because of tanky behemoths such as Tyranitar with a massive defense stat being available
  • Serperior with a good SpA stat anyone?
  • Something like Hoopa-C with a good speed stat would be really nice, especially given it's access to nasty plot
  • A fast manaphy could be cool as well
  • Shuckle with a good HP stat.... plz
  • Fast Volcanion or Spdef Volcanion could also be cool, depending if you want to make it more like what Keldeo currently is in OU or just a straight tank
  • Registeel could also be interesting purely due to it's typing and the ability to give it access to an offensive presence
  • Amoongus or Tangrowth with better Spdef may also be cool
I'm sure this is just the start of the many possibilities that this meta gives. I'd definitely give this a play, and I can't wait to see what other people come up with!

I thought of an intuitive way to see the net gains possible by choosing a specific Uber as your God. Just subtract its lowest stat from its stat total, since in an ideal situation nothing will be inheriting that stat anyways. Seems obvious but there you go. From this we can see that the greatest possible gains come from Hoopa-Unbound (620), followed by Kyurem-White (610) and Arceus clocks in at 600. Afterwards there's a lot of 590s and 580s. This doesn't really determine much, since the actual stat gains depend on the Pokemon inheriting them, and Arceus is way more viable than Hoopa-U anyways. I just thought it was kind of neat to see.

Some more preliminary questions/thoughts:
- Shedinja can increase its HP, problematic or nah? Probably not. Or is it? A lot of Ubers dismantle Shedinja and its common partners.
- If you use Primal Groudon as your Uber, does your team get Groudon's or Primal Groudon's stats? I'd assume Groudon's but you might want to specify. Same thing with Mega Ubers.
- Light Ball Pikachu doesn't seem that broken (it's listed under suspects), mainly because it only inherits one good stat. But it might be borked either way. If there ends up being a lot of priority it could be fine, same with Clamperl.
- Talonflame looks sus, as it often does in metas where it can increase its attack. But a few Extreme Speed users (Arceus, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Pikachu, Linoone, Smeargle?) got thrown in the mix too so maybe not.
- Arceus teams will dominate, probably. Arceus seems like a balance staple cause its just so versatile, plus Ekiller competes with offense.
- Hoopa-U and Deoxys-A seem like good choices for hyper offense, with Hoopa-U passing better stats overall, but Deoxys-A passing better speed and offenses. Hoopa-U is basically just as strong though and can pass that 130 Special Defense as well. But Deoxys can pass 150 speed to something like Shuckle, Mega Heracross, any suicide lead or wallbreaker really.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
pls ban shedinja, it can get 150 base HP off Giratina :/ edit: doesn't work like this phew
Thick Club/etc are probably worth looking into as well.

Offense:
Deo-A as the Uber sounds strong. Something like this could work:
Mega Diancie (50 HP)
Cloyster (180 Atk)
Blissey|Gengar|Zammer (20 Def)
Chatot|Exploud|Swellow|Manaphy|Serperior (180 SpA)
Deo-A (20 SpDef)
Lando-T|Exca|[other hazard setter] (150 Spe)

Stall:
Mega Sableye with 150 base HP (Giratina). Where is your god now? Oh right, on your team. Arceus may be better for type synergy, though.
Sableye (120 HP)
[Filler]/Skarmory (120 Atk)
Blissey (120 Def)
Clefable/Arceus/Suicune (120 SpA)
Skarmory/Clefable/Amoongus (120 SpDef)
Arceus/Suicune/Amoongus (120 Spe)

Last edited:
Im curious to see how long blissey will stick around. That defense boosts along side giratina will be just nasty. From the chansey eviolite calc, blissey is not too far behind.

252+ Atk Mega Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ (120 base Def) Blissey: 356-422 (49.8 - 59.1%) -- 77.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

That's still ridiculous!!!

- Shedinja can increase its HP, problematic or nah? Probably not. Or is it? A lot of Ubers dismantle Shedinja and its common partners.
This is not true. Shedinja's HP is fixed as 1 no matter what its base HP is.

- If you use Primal Groudon as your Uber, does your team get Groudon's or Primal Groudon's stats? I'd assume Groudon's but you might want to specify. Same thing with Mega Ubers.
Not the meta owner but it should be Groudon, not Primal. Same for Megas and other Pokemon that change forms in-battle like Meloetta, should be the form that's sent into battle.

- Arceus teams will dominate, probably. Arceus seems like a balance staple cause its just so versatile, plus Ekiller competes with offense.
Yeah, completely agree. We'll have to wait till this is playable to see how centralizing it is; but, god bans shouldn't be off the table.

Since I experienced how much cries of Chansey and Blissey in Nature Swap, I think Blissey and Chansey should be in the list of Likely Suspects. 255/120/135 bulk is insane, MUCH stronger than standard BH Fur Coat Chansey. Just look at this calc:

252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey (120 Def) : 332-392 (46.4 - 54.9%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It only has 10% of getting 2HKOd by the HIGHEST Attacking STAB Fighting move in the game. If isn't insane, I don't know what it is.

Edit: that's if it uses Arceus/Giratina. It won't be 2HKOd if it uses Groudon Defenses or up.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

I will put some time into updating the OP once I have some time (this evening EST).

There are certainly broken threats that I have overlooked with my initial bans, however, I don't want to ban anything outright before this is even playable. Things will be both VERY bulky and VERY strong in this meta.

When the time comes we can look at god bans, teammate bans and maybe even (complex :?) slot bans, but again, pleasure defer discussion about what needs to go until we can test it.

Chopin Alkaninoff the last thing I want is another wall as centralizing as NS Chansey. There will be tons of fat stuff in this meta. 120 hp mega sableye, anyone?

Reactions: nv
This is a very interesting idea and I agree with your position of not wanting to outright ban anything before the format is even playable.
That being said, I don't see any way that, without Blissey being banned, any other mon could outclass Blissey in the 3rd slot. Even with an offensive God, any additional bulk makes Blissey an essentially complete wall.

I do like the premise that at team preview you will be able to scout and learn your opponents strategy almost completely. This could lead to an interesting meta of baits and lures.

How about this:
Murkrow @ Leftovers (slot one + some high HP uber)
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 44 SpD / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Thunder Wave/tailwind
- Substitute

I know I'm evil

Starmie @ Leftovers [HP=100]
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psyshock

Talonflame @ Choice Band [ATK=100]
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

Excadrill @ Leftovers [DEF=90]
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Ludicolo @ Life Orb [SPA=150]
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb [SPD=140]
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 200 Def / 8 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Earthquake

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf [You know]
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 [Insert stat] / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Blizzard
- Thunder

Just a team I made, Choice Scarf Kyogre + 150 Ludicolo= Problem for unprepared teams, Gliscor is a stallbreaker which helps the team a lot since this team is scared of stall, Talonflame is a nice Non-Rain Revenge Killer, Starmie is yet another abuser of rain and a good utility user, And finally Excadrill gets a nice boost in defense and works as a nice lead.

Giratina Blissey also brings the advantage that you can pair it with a Giratina Ditto in slot 1. Not quite BH Imposter Chansey, but as close as you can get with these rules.

Okay, here's a pretty straightforward stall team that I whipped up. Mega Sableye, Giratina, and Blissey form a "holy fuck that's bulky" core that absorbs status, Skarmory defogs, Quagsire checks setup (EVed to set up on GeoXern after rocks with no lefties), and Gastrodon helps against Kyogre teams because they risk overwhelming Blissey.
150hp (Sableye) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold / Impish Nature
- Calm Mind / Fake Out
- Shadow Ball / Foul Play
- Will-o-Wisp
- Recover

100atk (Skarmory) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

120def (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

n/a (Giratina) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

120spd (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 152 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Recover
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

90spe (Gastrodon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Scald
- Clear Smog

Last edited:
Preliminary first thoughts:
- Blissey is coming through! Seriously Blissey in the third slot is so amazingly bulky with a huge increase in defense from the likes of Arceus, Lugia, Giratina, and more. Obviously Blissey > Chansey because I hate Chansey there is no Eviolite here
- What happens with Aegislash? Does everything get the Shield Form's stats or will they change in-battle. I'm guessing the former is true because it is more logical but clarification is always nice.
- Attackers with great abilities or one important but hindering stat benefit a lot here. Want a great Choice Scarf Magnezone? Slot it in with Arceus, Shaymin-S, or other speedy attackers. Nidoqueen's wallbreaking capability not enough for you already? Slap it on a team with Palkia or Rayquaza and have it wreck with Sheer Force plus a crazy SpA stat (not Nidoking because Nidoqueen would inherit an offensive stat and keep its better defensive stats). Sheer Force, Adaptability, and other damage-boosting abilities are going to be awesome here.
- Uber Pokemon picked will never be the Mega. Since I'm guessing Pokemon inherit the base stat of the base form and not the mega, the Uber Megas will be a little lackluster. Also, priority will be given to Uber Pokemon with multiple very high stats. I suspect Arceus will be very common in this metagame, with others like Dialga, Palkia, Xerneas, Kyurem-White, and Yveltal also getting screen time.
- Balance will almost certainly be the major playstyle here, with bulky offense and semi-stall not being far behind. With the nature of high stats in Ubers, there will be Pokemon on each team suited to offense and defense (unless someone decides to pick Deoxys forms or something but then you would have a few nukes/bulk-monsters and a few deadweight Pokemon).

This looks like an interesting meta. Can't wait to see what ends up emerging as a threat! (BellySpeed Linoone with 150 attack?)
To partially answer your Aegislash question, the team would usually only ever receive stats from shield forme, because Aegislash always reverts back to that when it switches out. However, this could prove problematic if Future Sight or Doom Desire start being used. It seems to me that if the non-Ubers' received base stats are locked in at team preview, this and other questions would be answered easily.

To partially answer your Aegislash question, the team would usually only ever receive stats from shield forme, because Aegislash always reverts back to that when it switches out. However, this could prove problematic if Future Sight or Doom Desire start being used. It seems to me that if the non-Ubers' received base stats are locked in at team preview, this and other questions would be answered easily.
So if I use a Primal Groudon would it pass stats from normal Groudon or Primal Groudon?
What happens when the god has a form change or is a mega?
The stats of the god prior to form change or mega evolution are what are used to gift to the other teammates. For example, Aegislash's teammates will receives the shield form's stats. Mega-salamence's teammates get regular Salamence's stats. Primals will gift the stats of their normal forms.
I guess this answers both of these questions.
So yeah, what I said earlier, Uber Megas will be nearly nonexistent in this meta due to their subpar base stats prior to Mega Evolution. RIP Mega Lucario, love ya man.

I do have another question though. What would happen if no Uber was on my team and I wanted to use an OU Pokemon or Regigigas or something for my stat spread? How would that work?

So if I use a Primal Groudon would it pass stats from normal Groudon or Primal Groudon?
See the OP. If you have other questions, PM me and I can update the FAQ.
-----

So when I originally came up with the idea for this meta I had a few goals:
  1. Make team building simple, but with some depth beyond just type synergies and offensive pairings
  2. Breathe life into under utilized and/or crappy pokemon
  3. Get some ubers into a metagame that is not ubers based
  4. Avoid the OM tropes of ate-speed and impenetrable stall
I hope that through some testing we can realize each of these goals, but I think that before we are able to do that, we need to establish a common language and notation for how we express sets and teams. So here are some proposals, but they are definitely open for discussion, and I'm sure some will evolve naturally over time. Think of these as just guidelines.

Terminology:
God: The uber pokemon of your team is known as the teams god. To describe a team then, I might say: "My team is Giratina-O stall". You could, however, try to make a bulky offensive team with Giratina-O, in which case it becomes useful to know the position of the god.
Gift (v): The god gifts its stats to its teammates. Use this over similar verbs like donate, inherits from, etc...

Notation:
Sharing an individual pokemon's set is not particularly useful without the context of both what gods it works with and what slot it occupies. So for single sets I would suggest something like:

(Arceus) Excadrill @ Leftovers (DEF=120)
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Including the value of the stat may not be necessary.

When talking about gods, be sure to specify the slot the god occupies. For example, Mewtwo[4] wouldn't be too good, while Mewtwo[2,3] is great.

If posting a team dump, team order is inherit with the export from the teambuilder, so there should be no problem there. When specifying a team, however, you should clarify in one of two ways.
  1. Explicitly list the team in the order you plan to build it. e.g. Sableye / Keldeo / Ho-Oh / Metagross / Skarmory / Hippowdon. Bolding the god might be nice.
  2. Specify the position of the god, and then when talking about any teammates, either note their position, or the stat they are receiving.
If anyone has suggestion on how to improve these or ideas for other standards, please share.

I guess this answers both of these questions.
I do have another question though. What would happen if no Uber was on my team and I wanted to use an OU Pokemon or Regigigas or something for my stat spread? How would that work?
Da Random Bro brings up a good point that your wording so far leaves unspecified. Does the God have to be a mon in the Ubers tier or could you potentially use a lower tier mon?

Can you explain this further? I don't understand your meaning

I'd assume the god has to be uber or else the coding would have no intuitive way to tell which mon to borrow stats from -- this isn't Gods and Followers where the slot is consistent. Otherwise you'd have to use nicknames or something weird.

As for the second point, Mewtwo [4] would hog it's great SpA stat when another mon would make better use of it. Mewtwo should be in the slot corresponding to its weaker stats (2, 3).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)