Status
Not open for further replies.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hello, I'm Exodus Latios and this is my "The Smog" Article Submission:

<Insert Smeargle using Sketch>
Article by Exodus Latios

Are you tired of the same old same old stuff? Tired of using the same standard movesets on every team? Get creative! There's a variety of Pokémon beyond the standard OU mons! Agh, Mega Venusaur! Another Talonflame? Try out something new!

Know the difference between viable sets and gimmicks. Though your set may be creative, you might not want it to be a gimmick. When selecting a unique Pokemon, think to yourself "Does this mon have a niche?" If not, no need to use it. It's just outclassed. Like Parasect for example. It is able to beat Manaphy, Rotom-Wash and Keldeo easily! About viability: don't just slap on Substitute, Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray and Attract! Taunt easily shuts that down unfortunately. Hopefully I gave you no ideas.

Know enough about the current metagame of whatever tier you're playing. Then, find a mon you may like that just might be a good counter / check to that common Pokémon. It just may catch your opponent off guard! However catching opponents off guard is more for the moveset.

Say you run Hidden Power [Electric] Lucario for Gyarados specifically. Naturally, they would come in and set up a dragon dance. However with what you're running, they take tons of damage! Of course again, no need for gimmicks. Why not? Gimmicks tend to not work most of the time. Make sure it's actually a viable moveset. We don't want meteor mash Clefable running around, right?

So now's the time for innovation! There is no better time than now to get up and get creative. It's just a great way to get out of the same old same old. Remember, no meteor mash Clefables! Haha!

Ok, so overall the article is pretty short. But there isn't much to discuss when you bring up creative. If you go on for too long, you'll just be repeating yourself! I really hope you enjoyed reading my short entry. I love contributing and getting involved, and I think this is a great way to do so! ^_^ (*If it is indeed too short, I'll find some extra details to add.)

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Even though I don't have authority about OU, I feel like I should post here anyway. This isn't really something I think we're searching for in an article. Rather, we're interested in what underrated Pokemon you should use in OU, what new sets have been discovered or similar things. This seems more like something you'd see in an introduction and is pretty much too short, and doesn't really give people any information, nor will they enjoy themselves.

Anyway, the things that should be recommended seem to have to be a bit more viable than those mentioned in here. Parasect is not really viable in OU, even if it may be fun to use and Hidden Power Electric Lucario seems a bit too specific to me, although I can't say for sure as I'm not an expert on OU. Anyway, I'd advice you to revamp the article a bit, make it more informative and just put a general skeleton up, and say what you want to describe. You don't need to submit the entire article yet, you can work on that if it's accepted!

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
I'm not hugely keen on pushing an article through that attempts to appropriate things that are on below the "Usable Moves" line in the teambuilder on Showdown. You can make an argument to run absolutely anything on any Pokemon, but just because it does x one-on-one doesn't mean that it's necessarily a good idea in the long run and we want to promote competitiveness to a higher caliber than obscure stuff working a certain % of the time.

I'm rejecting this for now but come back with a different idea sometime because I like your enthusiasm and would love to see you write something that's more befitting of The Smog in the near future. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)