All Gens General Roles compendium.

Some additions for DPP:

T-spikes: Nidoqueen
Rapid spin: Hitmontop and Donphan (T-tar is on 50% of teams at the moment)
Spin Block: Spiritomb
Agility/Rock polish: Metagross!

Is Jirachi really a viable specs user? Specs dracco meteor is fun, but it's not really good.
SD Infernape was created to abuse restalk Gyra stall, which isn't really a thing anymore. I don't think SD Inferape is really viable at at the moment.

Welcome to the GSC Teambuilding Compendium!

The point of this thread is to show a visual aspect of different options when trying to construct a team, so you don't have to go scrounging for a while to find one. This is for both new and experienced players alike; Newer players can see just what each Pokemon is good at and use the mon accordingly, while experienced players can use it to refresh their memory and quickly glance at for ideas.

All credits go to Talenheim and Borat for the GSC Compendium. Add it to the op.

Snorlax:

Electric:

Spikers:

Spinners:

Phazers:

Cursers:

Sleepers:

Boomers:

Drummers:

Mixed Attackers:

Swords Dancers:

Heal Bellers:

RestTalkers:

Growthers:

Baton Passers:

Physical Walls:

Special Walls:

Mixed Walls:

Growlers/Charmers:

Screeners:

Trappers:

Paralyzers:

Toxicers:

Lax answers:
Earthquake:
(curse)

Fire Blast:

Lovely Kiss:
(curse)

Drum:

Last edited:

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Welcome to the GSC Teambuilding Compendium!

The point of this thread is to show a visual aspect of different options when trying to construct a team, so you don't have to go scrounging for a while to find one. This is for both new and experienced players alike; Newer players can see just what each Pokemon is good at and use the mon accordingly, while experienced players can use it to refresh their memory and quickly glance at for ideas.

All credits go to Talenheim for the GSC Compendium. Add it to the op.

Snorlax:

Electric:

Encore Raichu is a thing.
Spikers:

Qwilfish isn't chopped liver.
Spinners:

Phazers:

Missy doesn't quite fit, it needs to sac itself against other Missy and can't stop Umb.
Cursers:

Sleepers:

Boomers:

Drummers:

Mixed Attackers:

Clefable? He needs setup to accomplish anything.
Swords Dancers:

Maybe this should be lumped in with Belly Drummers. The point is basically being able to outpace Growl/Charm. Also Scizor could stand to be added.
Heal Bellers:

RestTalkers:

Marowak maybe?
Growthers:

Baton Passers:

Physical Walls:

Too general. It makes sense to split this into "Nidoking counters", "Tyranitar counters", "Rhydon/Steelix counters".
Special Walls:

Again, too general. "Electric counters", "GrowthVap counters", "Gengar counters", "Egg counters".
Mixed Walls:

These will be lumped into the subcategories I proposed for the Physical/Special walls.
Growlers/Charmers:

Screeners:

This group is too large. Only, like, half of these have viable screen sets. And where's Meganium in this group?
Trappers:

Pursuit and Mean Look are very different varieties of trap, so they should probably be split. Also we need Smeargle to be included here.
Paralyzers:

Jolteon? Nidoking? The former isn't tanky enough to spam Thunders, the latter doesn't even get STAB so will only be shooting for paralysis on very specific targets (e.g., Suicune).
Toxicers:

Should this be a role? Anything can run Poison.

An "Encore" role could probably stand to be added. As could a "Haze" category maybe?

Lax answers:
Earthquake:
(curse)

Fire Blast:

Lovely Kiss:
(curse)

Drum:

Not comprehensive, but a decent start. LK Drum doesn't seem included among Drum sets. MixLax isn't seen anywhere (particularly not Thorlax). The use of Explosion/Machamp/your own Lax/Suicune/Meganium/Encore doesn't get covered.

Also give credit to Borat, almost everything on there is from his sixth guide, just reformatted for ease of use.

ADV has no list for mixed/special attackers and special sweepers. also I would rework "dragon dancers" to "physical sweepers" so as to include agiligross, curselax and salac hera, and I'd rework "choice banders" to "physical attackers" since none of those pokes (bar dug who isn't exactly your standard cber) need a cb to function, and add lax to the list. I was initially going to propose mixed physical dudes as anti-spikers but they don't really work when the opponent has cloyster/smeargle (well maybe hp grass mence for cloy but that's about it), plus there's always the threat of dug for mag, so I'd just get rid of that category. mag is a psuedo-rock resist for your non-rock resist counter to aero (milo p2) btw, when it doesn't have much value the most you're going to get out of it often is switching into 3/4 of aero's moves safely and annoying the shit out of it and it also is quite a good gengar check. steelix is a great physical/electric wall and especially rock resist, plus it can boom. I'm not sure what the need for the fighting resists category is, they tend to fit pretty naturally and having a resist to it doesn't always mean you're safe against hera (celebi) and the others aren't much of threats. lastly I think vap and luna should be added to bp.

I agree with george regarding the additions, although I think specsrachi/sd ape are fine staying. add bronzong to boomers. heatran should be added to trappers with its magma storm set. again, remove the anti-spiker thing, roserade exists. you forgot quite a few more-than-viable scarfers: raikou, metagross, starmie, gengar, zapdos, lucario. also I feel like you need to add some more crucial roles because mainstay pokes like azelf clefable and suicune are nowhere to be found, and looking at this list I'd never know something like mixnite or lead machamp existed.

going off BKC's suggestions, you should probably make a special sweeper category for dpp.

you could put stuff like clefable, raikou, superrachi, suicune, etc.

a stallbreaking category would be nice (dnite, trick users, mixed rachi, etc.)

also, an anti-offense category would also be useful

There are some forgotten pokemons in ADV, I'll list them here :

Phazers :
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

Baton pass users
(agility / substitutes)
(agility / substitutes)
(wish / acid armor / 101 HP substitues)
(Mean look)
(calm minds)
(calm minds [soundproof prevents roar phazing])
(Iron defense / swords dance / agility)
(belly drum and substitutes)
(Speed boosts / swords dance / harden [rare])
(calm minds / swords dances / 101 HP substitutes)
(bulk up)

Wish users :
/
/
(rare but exists)

Choice band users
(gives the choice band with trick)
(can OHKO skarmory with focus punch)
(usually with gusts to absorb a statut to increase damages)
/
/
/
/
/

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)