Media General Music Discussion Thread

kolohe

air supply
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
a new tyler the creator album came out tonight! i've personally been very excited to listen to this as he is my favorite artist, and i'm blown away thus far. its so good so far!! it's very different from igor- for me, a person who enjoyed his older music more, this is a nice breath (not to say i didnt adore igor, too.) i'm so excited to be listening to this for a long time, it was worth the wait for sure

Been listening to lots of psych/baroque pop - in particular the Kinks and the Zombies. Arthur and Odyssey & Oracle have become two of my favourite albums at the moment. They're both fantastic, beautifully arranged albums that also happen to be brilliant lyrically, this being particularly evident in Arthur. Brief Candles is one of my favourite songs on Odyssey and Oracle because... it's just fucking beautiful, listen for yourself!

Tenshi

and I think that's beautiful
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Aurora put out a new song, it's completely different departure from her usual style of music. A lot more dance pop than her usual music that takes you on a magical and spiritual journey. Interested to see if the new album will follow this style or if she'll explore other sounds too, either way Cure for Me is very good o3o

an anime op from a queen tribute band, now that's a unique combination of words i didn't think i'd say!
this songs great, i love the guitar here

twewy has a great OST, highly rec giving it a listen in general

this one's great too

the sound of adventure from Ys VIII

pretty random list of songs but hope someone likes them

Last edited:

Candy Corn

Banned deucer.
I'm going to call some attention to the somewhat overlooked rock album "Above" by the supergroup Mad Season. Mad Season consisted of Mike McCready of Pearl Jam, Layne Staley of Alice in Chains, Barrett Martin of Screaming Trees, and John Saunders of The Walkabouts. Above is the only album from the group, as Layne's struggle with substance abuse was making it too hard to really work on anything. The project was an attempt at helping Layne with his substance abuse, alas nothing came out of it on that front.

The album is a rock album, but is filled with acoustics and softer toned songs. Lots of songs have somewhat of a subtle country sound mixed in. Now don't let that last comment scare you off. It really adds to the tone of the album's tracks, which have a very down to earth feel. The album is a work of art and I highly recommend giving it a listen.

Candy Corn

Banned deucer.
I gave the whole album a listen, and while it isn't exactly my favorite due to the excessive language, I won't deny that there were some really good sounding tracks in there. The whole album had a very...dreamy sound provided by the beats. I enjoyed it for that. Good recommendation!

Candy Corn

Banned deucer.
My life be like....

This is such a good song I recently discovered. The chorus just blends so well with everything and it kind of gives me a brain massage lol

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Just wanted to post some songs you probably knew about but I rlly love
s/o to Revenge Killer, a Spanish youtuber, who always plays in the background a random Ava Max song when the opponent Dynamaxes lol

This fucking hits me like nothing has ever hit me before

The song makes you feel, well, exactly that, to break free.

I don't know why the songs I like have such a weird thumbnails

Candy Corn

Banned deucer.
I'm going to share a game track lol Mostly because it is from a kinda niche game, and not many people know it. The Japanese version has singing, but personally I find the instrumental to be so much better because the guitar just goes off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)