Ability: Simple
EVs: 36 HP / 164 Def / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Roost
- Heat Wave (Air Slash?)

So here’s the king, the almighty Swoobat that threatens the realm.
This set is intended to come out after dark types have been cleaned up and after grookey has put up the electric terrain. It can gain boosts quite easily I’ve observed and sometimes I’ve used it while they were still setting up so that I could gain momentum

:ss/Thwackey:
Thwackey @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt
This just exists so I could activate the grassy terrain for swoobat easily while also good as a revenge killer with its priority move and also can protect the swoobat a little by taunting setteruppers

:ss/druddigon:
Druddigon @ Red Card
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail
- Crunch
This is just a simple mon to help me set up and also get rid of other potential sweepers trying to set up in my face. I have crunch to get rid of Espeons and Toxic to chip tanks/walls

:ss/togedemaru:
Togedemaru @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Fell Stinger
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head

Another sneaky sweeper (can you have too many? Probably) which works especially well in the endgame to clean up the remaining mons by baiting them to activate weakness policy and using agility+sturdy to make sure that I can be fast

:ss/ribombee:
Ribombee @ Red Card
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Infestation
This can work pretty well too but is mainly there for just coverage. I don’t even know why I put red card and it’s probably not the best choice especially since I’m using infestation to lock in walls

:ss/hitmontop:
Hitmontop (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Bullet Punch
- Endure
- Mach Punch
A pretty nasty revenge killer and rapid spinner but I’m sure it can be fixed up a little. It’s saved me in a pinch a few times.

I’d still like to keep the Swoobat but I’m trying to think of other mons to help it perform to its full potential
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1522703090
Here I had no clue that Swoobat could have taken that many supereffective hits (maybe if Jolteon used thunderbolt I would have KO’ed)
And they did make a mistake with allowing me to set up Swoobat with GalarCuno

I’d still like to keep the Swoobat but I’m trying to think of other mons to help it perform to its full potential.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)