Other Metagames [Gen8AnythingGoes] Butterfree Webs (Peaked 2040 #1 on ladder, Qualified for AGLT)

:ss/landorus-therian: :ss/slurpuff: :ss/yveltal: :ss/calyrex-shadow: :ss/kyogre: :ss/butterfree:

Ladder Peak.PNG

Introduction
I have always loved sticky webs with many of my favorite teams in past generations being sticky webs and Galar ag is no different. I took a pretty long break from mons especially after failing to get drafted for the most recent agpl and some lackluster tournament results, but with aglt I came back with a vengeance to try and prove that I am still a solid player and can still put up solid results on ladder. I failed to qualify round one after a massive tilt from a spot where I would have most likely had made it if I had just not done anything. Round 2 I took a more cautious approach, only laddering when I needed to, and stopping once I made it to a point where I felt my spot was guaranteed. After qualifying for aglt I decided to go all out and went for a peak and achieved it the day after the aglt ladder cycle ended.

I made this team pretty public, pretty much giving it to whoever asked for it, but I would like to formally show it off to everyone here in this rmt. I decided to give the team a 100 gecs nickname theme, just because I feel that the hyperpop theme goes well with a double suicide lead hyper offense built around butterfree.

Teambuilding Process

:Landorus-Therian: :Slurpuff:
I started out the team with a double suicide lead core of Slurpuff Lando-t, these 2 suicide leads actually work really well together and both use self killing moves to block defog
:Landorus-Therian: :Slurpuff: :Butterfree:
I added butterfree to abuse the speed control provided by Slurpuff's sicky webs and Lando-t's rock tombs to potentially get full team sweeps by abusing the lack of sleep clause in anything goes
:Landorus-Therian: :Slurpuff: :Kyogre: :Butterfree:
I actually added kyogre because I was having a conversation with a co-worker about Pokemon that would beat very slow teams with ease and the best answer I had was choice specs kyogre, the speed control provided by sticky webs makes choice specs Kyogre almost unstoppable as not even water resists can come in without risking death
:Landorus-Therian: :Slurpuff: :Calyrex-Shadow: :Kyogre: :Butterfree:
I added Calyrex-shadow mainly for its ability to block rapid spin, snowball through weakened teams, and for the nasty plot baton pass that can allow teammates to sweep
:Landorus-Therian: :Slurpuff: :Yveltal: :Calyrex-Shadow: :Kyogre: :Butterfree:
The Last pokemon I added was Yveltal, Yveltal acts as both an imposter proof for Calyrex, a recipient of Calyrex nasty plot passes, and as a stand alone dynamax sweeper used to clean through teams.

The Team

:ss/Landorus-Therian:
800db cloud (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Earthquake
- Explosion
Landorus-Therian is one of the two suicide leads on this team, Lando's job is to set up stealth rocks and provide speed control with rock tombs. Earthquake coming off of a base 145 attack also deals quite a lot of damage especially to pokemon such as eternatus, zacian-crowned, and necrozma-dusk-mane which are very common. Explosion allows Landorus to block defog attempts from yvetal while dealing massing damage and providing momentum for the team. Lastly Intimidate is an incredible ability that allows Lando-t to act as an emergency check to zacian-crowned.

:ss/Slurpuff:
Doritos & Fritos (Slurpuff) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Sticky Web
- Magic Coat
- Misty Explosion
- Yawn
Slurpuff is on the team as a sticky webs setting suicide lead. The Speed control provided by the webs allows the stronger teammates to sweep without fear of getting revenge killed. Magic Coat Allows Slurpuff to block non-damaging moves, magic coat is a really helpful tool on suicide leads to beat opponents who think they can just taunt to shut you down or just want to click rocks turn one. Misty Explosion allows slurpuff to block defog attempts and provide momentum for the team, the combination of yawn + misty explosion allows slurpuff to gain momentum against opposing teams and even allows slurpuff to set up stick webs against ho-oh which it would struggle to do otherwise.

:ss/yveltal:
i_wud_nvrstøp_Ü (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Heat Wave
- Sucker Punch
Yveltal is on the team as a dynamax sweeper and as an abuser to the boosts from calyrex's baton pass. Special attacking dynamax Yveltal is one of the most threating pokemon in the entire metagame, The moveset on this one is pretty standard, Dark Pulse and Oblivion Wing are the main stab options which are incredibly strong when dynamaxed given max aistream boosts speed and max darkness weakens the opponents special defense making sweeps very easy. Heat Wave gives yveltal max flare which gives Yveltal an option for beating Zacian-Crowned which would otherwise stop it, lastly sucker punch allows yveltal to revenge kill calyrex shadow and aids in imposter proofing the team's own calyrex.

:ss/calyrex-shadow:
Stupid Horse (Calyrex-Shadow) @ Focus Sash
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Astral Barrage
- Draining Kiss
- Baton Pass
Calyrex Shadow is one of the most broken pokemon ever created and it fits really nicely in this team, Nasty Plot Calyrex-Shadow can snowball through teams pretty easily epecially when sticky webs are up. Nasty plot gives calyrex the power to break through walls such as ho-oh, yveltal, and eternatus. Astral Barrage is an insanely powerful stab move that deals massive damage and is a no brainer to run. Draining Kiss gives Calyrex access to max starfall which allows it to deal massive damage to yveltal and Tyranitar. Baton Pass allows calyrex to beat yvetal by baton passing in to yveltal which has an overall better matchup against defensive yveltal, baton pass boosts also allows kyogre to break through

:ss/kyogre:
gec 2 Ü (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout is the single strongest upboosted attack in all of pokemon that has no negitive effects and it is made even better with the help of sticky webs, sticky webs makes it so that Eternatus can't even switch in to water spout or else it will get cleanly 2hko'd (unless it has utility umbrella or heavy duty boots). Not only that but with webs up kyogre is harder to revenge kill with stuff like zacian and calyrex shadow. Origin Pulse gives kyogre and option after it gets below the threshold were water spout deals less damage at round 75%. Ice beam allows kyogre to beat eternatus, the most viable kyogre check in the entire metagame as well as gives it an option to hit the rare grass and dragon types roaming around. And Thunder allows kyogre to beat other water types such as opposing kyogre and ditto that has transformed in to kyogre.

:ss/butterfree:
hand crushed (Butterfree) @ Leftovers
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute
Butterfree has one job, come in on slow opponents and then hopefully set up while the opponent is sleeping. The plan is simple, Step 1: put the opponent to sleep with your 98% accurate sleep powder, Step 2: Set up a sub for safety, Step 3: If the opponent is still asleep use quiver dance, Step 4: If the opponent wakes up again return to step 1. Once you get up 6 quiver dances you sweep through the opposing teams with hurricanes. 56 special attack investment allows butterfree to guarentee a 3hko against chansey at +6. Butterfree ended up getting me most of my wins as most teams struggle to deal with butterfree once it gets set up.

Replays

Slow balance team auto loses to butterfree
Calyrex Sweeps through team with ease
Butterfree Claims Another Victim
Caly Pass is broken
Caly Pass Is Broken Pt.2
The Cheeselord Strikes Again
VS A Butterpass team
Threats
:ss/Yveltal:
Fast Yveltal is probably one of the biggest threats to the entire team, dual wingbeat sets allow it to beat slurpuff and yveltal doesn't even care about sticky webs, Usually I will deal with yveltal using lando-t's rock tombs to slow it down and then use it as food for other pokemon on the team but it is very difficult to play around.
:ss/Tyranitar:
Tyrantiar beats yveltal, calyrex, and butterfree, the beat way to deal with it using this team is using kyogre but the opponent has a solid ogre check in the back it becomes a struggle
:ss/Zacian-Crowned:
If webs are up this this is easy to beat but if you don't get webs it zacian becomes a menace to deal with
:ss/Excadrill: :ss/Aerodactyl:
Excadrill and Aerodactyl leads are both hard to deal with using this team, usually I will lead lando if I see one of these because I like the lead mu more but if you get 50/50s wrong you will not get rocks up and they will get their rocks up.

Conclusion

I really like sticky webs teams, especially ones that have sleep cheese in them, and have even been asked if this team was my attempt at recreating my old webs teams from earlier gens. Wtih scarlet and violet coming and the possibility of a sleep nerf being in the air this may be then last generation I am able to make a team like this sadly but I am excited to see what new toys webs teams will have going in to gen 9. I hope you all enjoy this rmt and if you would like the give this team a whirl the importable is below.

800db cloud (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Doritos & Fritos (Slurpuff) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Sticky Web
- Magic Coat
- Misty Explosion
- Yawn

i_wud_nvrstøp_Ü (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Heat Wave
- Sucker Punch

Stupid Horse (Calyrex-Shadow) @ Focus Sash
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Astral Barrage
- Draining Kiss
- Baton Pass

gec 2 Ü (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

hand crushed (Butterfree) @ Leftovers
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute

Shoutouts

Geysers - Thanks for cheering me on during Cycle 2 of aglt, even if you were cheering against me during cycle 1.
Nevelle - OML, in all seriousness thanks for being one of my best friends in the community and someone to nerd about swimming with.
Sean - I will never make you a mono rock gym for your pixelmon server.
Skooma - Greatest musical talent of this generation.
Butterpass Spammers on ladder - Why would you pass your boosts to an inferior pokemon.
The Entire AG Room - Thanks for being a (mostly good) community I like talking to people in the ag chat and losing all the uno games.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)