Tournament Gen4 PU - Resource Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Won vs ManOfMany in a close series of fun games.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4uu-518011820
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4uu-518014535
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4uu-518017589

Don't ban Rhydon.
e: I'd be ok with a Victreebel ban though. The Sunny Day special attacker set has so few counters, and basically all of them get crushed by Swords Dance. It's one of the few Pokemon with a good sleep move in the tier, but it doesn't even need to run it most of the time because it's better to just OHKO everything.

Last edited:

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Round 3:

Flares. vs (Slowbroth vs Wenderz)
Honko vs (Grim vs. MiyoKa)
Serene's Grace vs pancake
Paleo vs Dundies
CZ. vs GeneralAnnoyance
Bughouse vs Tony
RawMelon
vs CrazyStevy
Eternally
vs Chrisloud1

Additionally, there was been spoken interest in some people who have already lost to continue playing the tier. These people will be added into an eternal Round Robin Loser's Bracket that has no impact on the actual tournament. IF you also have interest, please tell me so I can add you as well. The Eternal RR matchups for this round are as follows:
Broken Phobias vs Taskr
Specs Jigglypuff
vs Lord Sample Team
Plans vs Whydon
PokemonmasterTj
vs RivalET

Deadline is Tuesday, January 24th, at 11:59pm GMT!
Housekeeping:

Paleo was given the activity win for last round.

For the main bracket, I do not expect to make any more bans for the duration of this tournament. Rhydon and Sun both had a poor showing last round, so I need more data to see if it is because people were prepared and used to the matchup, if people were overprepared, or if there is nothing to worry about at all. There are also only a few more rounds left, so I do not want to rock the boat so late into the tournament.

The Eternal RR group can decide on a personal level if they want Rhydon banned though, since I know that most if not all of them want it gone. If you do this agreement then I want it mentioned in the replays post as well. Rhydon will be legal for the main bracket regardless.

Golduck A -> A+
Gastrodon B- -> B
Murkrow C+ -> B-
Beedrill added to C-

As before, before your match, please remember to:
  • Bench your BP chain team, because there is a BP clause.
  • Validate your teams using the mon list in the OP and the List of Illegal NFEs in the Resource post
  • Double check for any differences in moves and abilities that might exist between Gen4 and 6. Defogging is really embarrassing. There is a small list of "Things You Forgot" in the Resource post as well to help
  • There is a Role Compendium, so check that if you still need help building.

Last edited:

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Round 4, Quarterfinals:

Main Bracket:

Chrisloud1 vs. Flares.
pancake vs. RawMelon
(Honko vs MiyoKa) vs. GeneralAnnoyance
Tony vs. Paleo

Eternal Loser's RR Bracket:

Specs Jigglypuff vs. Plans
Taskr vs. PokemonmasterTj
Lord Sample Team vs. Whydon
Broken Phobias vs. RivalET

Deadline is Tuesday, January 31st, at 11:59pm GMT!

Housekeeping:

Paleo and Dundies forgot to post, but I got confirmation from them that Paleo won.

As for other news, I have cleaned up the Resource post because it was a cluttered mess. It should, at the very least, be easier on the eyes now. I also plan to update the Yanma Offense sample by the end of the day so hopefully I will find a version that I'm happy with and post it...but keep in mind that the old version is still pretty good if you play it correctly and is still legal.

I'm also taking applications for a 5th sample at the moment, but keep in mind that I am looking for something specific. I'm looking for a team that is: Offense with a setup wincon, Easy to use, Consistent, and uses the most "standard" mons for most of the team. These teams are people's first impressions of the tier after all, so having samples that are antimeta is detrimental.

Glalie A- -> A
Relicanth A -> A-
Drifblim B -> A-
Electabuzz A- -> B+
Cacturne A- -> B+
Probopass B+ -> B
Xatu B- -> B
Parasect B -> B-
Exploud C -> C+
Solrock C- -> C

As before, before your match, please remember to:
  • Bench your BP chain team, because there is a BP clause.
  • Validate your teams using the mon list in the OP and the List of Illegal NFEs in the Resource post
  • Double check for any differences in moves and abilities that might exist between Gen4 and 6. Defogging is really embarrassing. There is a small list of "Things You Forgot" in the Resource post as well to help
  • There is a Role Compendium, so check that if you still need help building.

Last edited:
won in 2 gg's :D SEMI FINALS HYPE (GA I'm waiting for u)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4uu-523012849(something weird happen this game but I got the win since I had a kadabra with hp ground plus golduck's LO surf damage to his metang)

252 SpA Life Orb Golduck Surf vs. 128 HP / 0 SpD Metang: 195-231 (66.5 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Kadabra Hidden Power Ground vs. 128 HP / 0 SpD Metang: 226-266 (77.1 - 90.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4uu-523016513

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)