Welcome to the third annual Gen 8 Random Battles Open! This tournament is your chance to showcase your skills in the Gen 8 Random Battles in a Single Elimination best-of-3 series (best-of-5 in Quarterfinals onward).
This tournament is part of our ongoing Rands Slam III circuit. Stay tuned after this tour for news about the next one!
The winner of the Gen 8 Random Battles Open will receive the Room Prize Winner rank and a joinphrase in the Random Battles room for a month, be inducted into the Randbats Hall of Fame, and be awarded points for the Rands Slam III. The winner of the Playoff Round for Rands Slam III will get a Smogon banner for a full year, along with a month-long Room Prize Winner rank and joinphrase.
How does this tour work?
1. Contact your opponent on their Smogon Wall and decide on a time to battle.
2. Battle each other in the format "[Gen 8] Random Battle".
3. The first player to 2 wins (3 for Quarterfinals onward) advances to the next round.
1. All scheduling attempts MUST be done publicly on Smogon Walls. No other proof of communication will count for act calls regarding scheduling attempts.
2. If you participated in the Multi Factory Open or in the Gameboy Classic Open and have since changed your Smogon name, LET US KNOW in your signup post.
3. You, and I cannot stress this enough, MUST post replays of your wins. Any battles without replays will need to be replayed.