[Gen 8] More Balanced Hackmons

Brightpowder
Effect (if any): Reduces the power of Dark and Ghost-type moves against the holder by 30%.
Competitive Use: Can be used by any defensive mon weak to these types, notably Giratina and Cresselia, or just anything that wants to check specific threats - these are less obvious but maybe an unaware mon might want it to tank moongeist and power trip better?
Is It OP?: I doubt it. I don't know if it will be hugely viable since it offers a much watered down version of what Illumination does but item slots are often less valuable so it should balance out and has the same defensive buff as Assault Armor but more specific and without the drawbacks. Also will suffer from the "but now I don't have goggles" syndrome and the mons using this are likely to be knock off magnets anyway. Basically I thought brightpowder is dumb and has no place in a competitive meta and this seemed a reasonably consistent change, sticking to the theme of "light beats dark+ghost" that illumination started.
Likely users: Giratina, Cresselia

Triage
Effect (if any): This Pokemon's healing moves have their priority increased by 1.
Competitive Use: .
Is It OP?: yeah that's why I want to nerf it. The +1 means that faster prankster users would be able to check it much more effectively and fakespeed would be useful against it. Just a small balance change I thought would be nice.
Likely Users: Mega Ray, any more flying/bug types we buff.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Brightpowder
Effect (if any): Reduces the power of Dark and Ghost-type moves against the holder by 30%.
Competitive Use: Can be used by any defensive mon weak to these types, notably Giratina and Cresselia, or just anything that wants to check specific threats - these are less obvious but maybe an unaware mon might want it to tank moongeist and power trip better?
Is It OP?: I doubt it. I don't know if it will be hugely viable since it offers a much watered down version of what Illumination does but item slots are often less valuable so it should balance out and has the same defensive buff as Assault Armor but more specific and without the drawbacks. Also will suffer from the "but now I don't have goggles" syndrome and the mons using this are likely to be knock off magnets anyway. Basically I thought brightpowder is dumb and has no place in a competitive meta and this seemed a reasonably consistent change, sticking to the theme of "light beats dark+ghost" that illumination started.
If it keeps the new effect you presented, because it is a Powder item, maybe it could also function like Safety Goggles.
As a powder item, perhaps Brightpowder also blocks powder moves, but not weather damage?
I agree with you on how it could few limited, so I think Brightpowder could gain Safety Goggles’ powder immunity effect to aid Ghost or Psychic types in this metagame.
It's Fluffy Cloak dammit.
:pikuh: How adorable.
————
My Nominations:

Gravitate
Effect (if any): When this Pokémon enters battle, Gravity activates for 5 turns.
Competitive Use: Increases each move’s accuracy to lower miss hax (allowing for stronger moves), allows for Ground moves and entry hazards to hit Flying-Types, allows Flying-Types to benefit off of Terrain support, prevents some moves such as High Jump Kick (Magic Guard Diancie-Mega).
Is It OP?: All of these benefits also aid your opponent. Since it likely lasts 4 turns (you spend a turn switching it in), I think it’s not too strong.
Likely Users: Ground Types, PHazers after entry hazard support, sweepers, Terrain teams with Flying allies (like Lugia or Yveltal under Misty Terrain).

Magician
Effect (if any): When this Pokemon enters battle, Magic Room activates for 5 turns.
Competitive Use: Prevents the effects of items besides Z-items, Red/Blue Orbs, and Mega Stones. *Turns Judgement/Multi-Attack/Techno Blast into Normal-Type moves regardless of item.
Is It OP?: No, it can also help your opponent because it means your own items are basically useless. If Knock Off can be used for permanent item removal, then this ability is not OP!
Likely Users: Mega Stone, Red/Blue Orb, and Z-item form changers not impacted by its effects, Ghost-Types looking to block Judgement Plate, anti-meta Pokemon to disable Imposter, PHeal, RegenVest, Choice-locked, Focus Sash, and King’s Rock Skill Link strategies from activating their items.

*Gravitate fulfills the Quality Control criteria by lowering miss hax, while Magician lowers hax in preventing items like King’s Rock from working.

Last edited:
Sludge Drift

Category: Physical
Power: 70
Accuracy: 100
PP: 32 max
Effect (if any): Switches user, like U-Turn. Doesn’t make contact.
Competitive Use: Poison-type U-Turn. Seems cool.
Is It OP?: No, if anything it’s worse than U-Turn, being the Poison type.
Likely users: Any Pokémon that can use U-Turn, I guess? Muk-Alola, specifically, and maybe some Pokémon looking to hit Pokémon such as Audino-mega & Xerneas, such as MMX.

Corrosion 2.0
Effect: Poison-type moves hit the Steel type neutrally instead of for immunity.
Competitive Use: Poison-types Scrappy.
Is It OP?: no
Likely users: Muk-Alola, anyone looking to smack Magearna and/or Ferrothorn.

Toxic Community
Effect: All of the user’s moves are now Poison-typed and receive 1.2x Power.
Competitive Use: Poison Normalize.
Is It OP?: no, it’s actually just a meme.
Likely users: Other than Boomburst Mega Gengar, this is just a meme. Fist plate allows the Mega Gengar to not die to some steel types, too. That or Spooky Plate. Maybe Extreme Speed Muk-Alola, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: gum
Normal Absorb (Normal)
Possible Users: I don't see any users running this tbh apart from some meme improof with plate judgment? Oh and trolling Shed.
Is it op: I mean it makes Gigas and Shed reaally weak.
-------------------
Water Absorb
-------------------
Flame Absorb (Fire)
Possible Users: Every single FF user will run this instead.
Is it op: No its marginally better than ff and ff is pretty balanced
-------------------
Nature Absorb (Grass)
Possible Users: Sap Sipper users
Is it op: Grass isn't an offensive typing in bh.
-------------------
Volt Absorb
-------------------
Frost Absorb (Ice)
Possible Users: Giratina, Zygod, Fairy types?
Is it op: Its at most useable, Zyg would still have major weaknesses to fairy and dragon while Ice isn't particularly common, could see this on zyg to counter standard sf mmy though. Fairy types can run to counter Kyu-W but thats rare af already.
-------------------
Earth Absorb (Ground) This is different from current Levitate as this beats Arrows and doesn't ignore hazards.
Possible Users: Levitate users, some improof for arrows pdon.
Is it op: No, arrows immunity is great for balancing out that broken coverage move and while ground coverage is a thing, this isn't going to be dominating.
-------------------
Stone Absorb (Rock)
Possible Users: Ho-Oh
Is it op: No, when was the last time you saw a rock attack.
-------------------
Metal Absorb (Steel)
Possible Users: Audino, Baby Diancie, Ttar, Xerneas
Is it op: No, Sunsteel immunity is great but you are giving up an important defensive ability. Anchor immunity is nice too ig.
-------------------
Poison Absorb (Poison)
Possible Users: Audino, Xerneas
Is it op: No, Audino can run it to counter MGar and Naga though. Basically useless on anything else.
-------------------
Insect Absorb (Bug)
Possible Users: Many defensive pivots, Cresselia, Bro, Gyarados, Ttar
Is it op: Possibly, U-turn immunity is really really good.
-------------------
Air Absorb (Flying)
Possible Users: Audino, Xerneas
Is it op: Basically worse than soundproof if you are looking to beat Aerilate Ray. Pretty worthless elsewhere
-------------------
Dragon Absorb (Dragon)
Possible Users: Giratina, Zygod
Is it op: You are giving up an important defensive ability to get an immunity to a not so common type.
-------------------
Fairy Absorb (Fairy)
Possible Users: Giratina, Zygod, Ttar, Yveltal, Gyarados
Is it op: No, Ttar could use this to beat contra mmy but Fairy isn't exactly common and even if you run this Xern can still sleep you.
-------------------
Mind Absorb (Psychic)
Possible Users: Many defensive mons, preferably resistance to common coverage options like fire and fighting.
Is it op: This will exist to counter Mewtwos.
-------------------
Fighting Absorb (Fighting)
Possible Users: Steel types, Ttar, Gyarados
Is it op: This will exist to counter MMX but Mind Absorb Fighting resist should be better.
-------------------
Darkness Absorb (Dark)
Possible Users: Cresselia, Bro, Giratina, mons that rely on item
Is it op: Power trip and knock off immunity are really good, could see this on tina to counter koff gigas. Good but not op.
-------------------
Spooky Absorb (Ghost)
Possible Users: Cresselia, Bro, Giratina, Set up mons
Is it op: Possibly, spectral immunity is busted, moongeist immunity is cool.
These two face competition from Illuminate and should not be justified unless the immunity to the utility moves is necessary
-------------------
Rock Absorb doesn’t affect SR, neither does Earth against Spikes and Insect against webs and Poison against tspikes

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
This mans put water absorb as a water absorb clone.
Metallic Merging
Correct me if I'm wrong but Levitate is earth absorb
I'm fairly certain the current corrosion does that. Brodaha
Corrosive Acid hits Steels SE, and Levitate is a Ground Absorb.
(whyd you tag brodaha lol)

Corrosive Acid hits Steels SE, and Levitate is a Ground Absorb.
(whyd you tag brodaha lol)
Maybe because I submitted Corrosion with that effect on slate 1, it didn't win though
And yeah Levitate is a Ground Absorb. Last slate is up on DH except Versatility and Illuminate because I don't immediately know how to code that so I'll do it tonight

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I didn't know we could suggest more than 2. Well, here is my final submission for this slate.

Smogon
Effect: Prevents the secondary effects of your opponent's attacks that have a chance to activate; their base power is reduced by 30%.
Competitive Use: Stops hax... from happening on your side of the field! Polarizes Sheer Force.
Is It OP?: As long as Sheer Force exits, it seems fair.
Single-handedly forces all team builds to consider using non-haxy moves. (Isn't that the point of the entire Quality Control slate in the first place?) Many attacks don't have a chance of secondary effects (think the majority of physical moves, and moves like Origin Pulse / Frost Breathe can replace moves like Steam Eruption / Ice Beam without a change in base power).
Likely users: Defensive walls, and bulky offense like Primal-Kyogre that are weak to moves with secondary effects (like Bolt Strike).

Last edited:
Immolate
Effect: This pokemon's normal type moves become fire type and have their power multiplied by 1.2.
Competitive Use: Flaming boomburst and burning espeed is cool. you can lure the rare non ff steel and also give reshiram/zard strong reliable stab.
Is It OP?: We have an ability that gives complete immunity to fire type moves and idt fire is even that great in the meta anyway. Also don is banned so we'll be fine.
Likely users:mmy, reshiram, zard y

Hydrate
Effect: This pokemon's normal type moves become water type and have their power multiplied by 1.2.
Competitive Use: Ogre becomes even more of a big baddie, now that it has a nigh-unstoppable 250+ bp boomburst and string stab priority.
Is It OP?: Yeah I'm pretty sure it is. Honestly more feels like a waste to just delete it, especially after I already typed it. Meh.
Likely users:pogre, greninja

Germinate
Effect: This pokemon's normal type moves become grass type and have their power multiplied by 1.2
Competitive Use: Scept has prio and stab like yeah at this point the rest of these exist only for #equality.
Is It OP?: We have two viable offensive grasses and one would rather spam its other stab. Grass also isn't really too great either, getting resisted by tina and every steel in existence and in turn hitting.. pogre.
Likely users:mscept

Spiritualize
Effect: This pokemon's normal type moves become ghost type and have their power multiplied by 1.2
Competitive Use: spOoPy BoOmBuRsT gEnGaR. Could make for a neat mmx lure set, blasting away tina and non soundproof slowbro.
Is It OP? Can't think of why it wod be:
Likely users: Gengar-Mega, mmx

Meditate
Effect: This pokemon's normal type moves become psychic type and their power is multiplied 1.2.
Competitive Use: Not much, really. Mmy grabs an epic stab but psychic is still not exactly a good offensive typing.
Is It OP?: Don't know
Likely users:mmy

Martialize
Effect: This pokemon's normal type moves become fighting tyoe and have tbeir power multiplied by 1.2
Competitive Use: Reliable special stab ig
Is It OP?:nah
Likely users:¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Got bored and really don't feel like making 14 clone abilities at once.

Mind Suck

Category: Status
Power: -
Accuracy: 100%
PP: How much pp does Strength sap have like 32 max?
Effect (if any): Strength sap but for SpA
Competitive Use: Heal yourself and make gar/mmy/ogre weaker.
Is It OP?: Probs not
Likely users:tina (beak blast/mind suck lets go), Audino

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
Octazooka
PP: 24
Effect (if any): 1.5x if the foe holds an item. Removes item.
Competitive Use: Gives special attackers the ability to remove items without Knock Off being deadweight.
Is It OP?: Knock Off clone, weird typing, competes with Scald
Likely users: Kyogre-Primal, various walls

Air Slash
Power: 110
Accuracy: 85
PP: 8
Effect (if any): 10% to flinch the target
Competitive Use: Gives Rayquaza-Mega a much more powerful special Flying-type move.
Is It OP?: Fire Blast clone
Likely users: Rayquaza-Mega, Zapdos

Heal Bell, Aromatherapy
PP: 16
Competitive Use: Allows more status control.
Is It OP?: It's just more PP
Likely users: Walls

Secret Power
Power: 90
PP: 24
Effect (if any): Type varies based on user's type.
Competitive Use: Gives physical Regenvesters a way to hit Gengar-Mega. Also checks Gengar-Mega better, since it hits Defense.
Is It OP?: Revelation Dance clone
Likely users: Yveltal, Tyranitar-Mega, Celesteela?

Spacial Rend
Power: 90
PP: 16
Effect (if any): 10% to raise Special Attack
Competitive Use: Allows Dragon-types to use Sheer Force sets.
Is It OP?: Flamethrower clone
Likely users: Rayquaza-Mega, Naganadel, Reshiram, Kyurem-White

edit: if the move/ability/item is a clone of another you don't have to add an "Is It OP?" category

edit: if the move/ability/item is a clone of another you don't have to add an "Is It OP?" category
I think people should still add it because stuff like v-create clones could very easily be op (or at least be close enough it needs discussing)
For example (not an actual sub): steel-create would mean kartana has 0 switchins outside of fc resists. Is it OP: probably.

P.S. please for the love of God no-one add v-create clones, one is bad enough

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I think people should still add it because stuff like v-create clones could very easily be op (or at least be close enough it needs discussing)
For example (not an actual sub): steel-create would mean kartana has 0 switchins outside of fc resists. Is it OP: probably.

Maybe just a Poison-Type one since Poison desperately needs useful moves. Beedrill-Mega with Contrarian V-Create and P-Create sounds like the only useful user. But I see your point, maybe just no clones on moves like V-Create on types that don’t need such a boost, but some like Poison could use the help.

anaconja

long day at job

Yeah, that's a fair point. However, the subbing community already has a bit of common sense, and I encourage you all to discuss submissions that may be broken or warping to the meta. Poison, Grass, and Bug-type V-Creates don't seem very OP, but we'll need some calcs to determine that.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Yeah, that's a fair point. However, the subbing community already has a bit of common sense, and I encourage you all to discuss submissions that may be broken or warping to the meta. Poison, Grass, and Bug-type V-Creates don't seem very OP, but we'll need some calcs to determine that.
Thank you for stating that. I think it’s good you brought up Calcs, as I am looking at P-Create (Poison):
252 Atk Life Orb Beedrill-Mega V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 281-331 (39.9 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Adaptability Mewtwo-Mega-X Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 386-456 (54.8 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Beedrill-Mega V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus: 228-268 (51.3 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus: 216-255 (48.6 - 57.4%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO
So basically, Beedrill-Mega’s P-Create is on par with MMY’s Psycho Boost, without the +2 Offenses, and with such paper thin defenses Beedrill-Mega’s Contrarian sets will only benefit from the +1 Speed boost to outspeed other uncommon Pokémon like Mega Sceptile, Aerodactyl, etc.

Poison is resisted by Poison, Ground, Ghost, Rock, while Steel is Immune. The only Pokémon weak to it in BH are Sceptile-Mega, Audino-Mega, and Xerneas, as Ferrothorn and Kartana are immune due to being part Steel-Type. Xerneas and Sceptile-Mega are uncommon, while Audino-Mega is pretty common.

While Steels are common, so are Zygarde, and Giratina, with nearly each team picking one or both of those 2 Dragons.
I feel like at least for P-Create, the only common user would be Beedrill-Mega and it would rely on Contrarian and would likely die even after getting Defense boosts, due to how fragile it is. So basically it would have 1 set; Focus Sash Contrarian.

For Grass and Bug, that’s a different story since Kartana packs STAB Sunsteel and has much higher Attack than Beedrill (and can go Adamant), and Heracross, Scizor, Pherothorn, and Beedrill all give you many options for Contrarian sets.

Overall, P-Create seems like it would be less OP than Psycho Boost MMY, in both typing, and in the stats boosted.

Last edited:

Ho-oh
Stats: 132/133/115/85/163/73
Summary of Changes: slight nerf
Competitive Use: same as before.
Is it OP?: not anymore
Sample Set(s):use beak blast

will edit later with more mons, feat. talon and zard

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
Stats: 113/157/127/103/127/73//700
Summary of Changes: +16 HP, +0 Atk, +0 Def, -10 SpA, +18 SpD, -4 Spe

For Consistency with NDW, makes it better though, still not op, better pivot.

Ho-oh
Zovrah Ho-Oh Stats: 132/73/133/85/163/115
Summary of Changes: +26 HP, -17 Atk, +3 Def, -5 SpA, +9 SpD, +5 Spe
Anaconja Ho-Oh Stats: 115/60/130/90/175/110
Summary of Changes: +9 HP, -30 Atk, +0 Def, +0 SpA, +21 SpD, +0 Spe

Consistency with Ho-Oh

Hail Effect:
Also boosts defense of Ice types by 50% (like how sand boosts spd)

Blades Ritual (or smth)

Category:
Status
Power: N/A
Accuracy: N/A
PP: 32
Effect (if any): Raises the user's Attack stat by 3 stages
Competitive Use: Better Swords Dance, Tail Glow Clone.
Is It OP?: No actually, very very weak to Spectral Thief, maybe with Spooky Absorb?
Likely users: Physical attackers.

Mind Protection (or smth)

Category:
Status
Power: N/A
Accuracy: N/A
PP: 32
Effect (if any): Raises the user's Special Defense stat by 3 stages
Competitive Use: Its a Cotton Guard clone, Cotton Guard is never used.
Is It OP?: No.
Likely users: Nothing

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
Time to bring real quality control.
Illuminate
Effect: Thick Fat clone for Dark and Ghost; not ignored by Moongeist Beam or Mold Breaker.
Competitive Use: Same as Illuminate.
Reason: Now it isn't centralizing: it doesn't completely neuter either typing while still staying true to Chessking's premise of nerfing Moongeist Beam wait why was that "centralizing" again
Likely users: same as before

Fluffy Cloak
Effect: User has 1.5x Special Defense.
Competitive Use: Same as Fluffy Cloak.
Reason: Now it's less centralizing. A lot of bulky balance teams rely on hard-hitting Specs sets to break through the opposing team and original Fluffy Cloak kinda invalidated that.
Likely users: same as before

Ho-Oh
Stats: 115/130/110/60/175/90 (680 BST)
Summary of Changes: +27 Atk, -22 Def, -47 SpA, +4 SpD, +17 Spe
Reason:
252 Atk Groudon-Primal V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ho-Oh in Harsh Sunshine: 202-238 (46.5 - 54.8%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Sky Plate Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ho-Oh: 202-238 (46.5 - 54.8%) -- 10.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Is it OP?: It's less OP now

Tapu Koko
Stats: 85/125/80/125/80/135 (630 BST)
Summary of Changes: +15 HP, -25 Atk, +5 Def, -10 SpA, +15 SpD
Reason: not to get outclassed by Diancie-Mega
252 SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Tapu Koko Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 446-528 (88.4 - 104.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Pixilate Diancie-Mega Fake Out + Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tapu Koko: 250-295 (66.8 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Refrigerate Kyurem-Black Fake Out + Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tapu Koko: 262-310 (70 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
but:
252 Atk Tapu Koko Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 152-180 (41.7 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Tapu Koko Precipice Blades vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Klefki: 144-170 (39 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Tapu Lele
Stats: 105/70/105/145/105/100 (630 BST)
Summary of Changes: +5 SpA, -10 SpD, +5 Spe
Reason:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tinted Lens Tapu Lele Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Dialga: 204-240 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tinted Lens Tapu Lele Psycho Boost over 2 turns vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 294-346 (80.7 - 95%) -- 87.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

may add more later

editconja: subs end tuesday 8pm

Last edited:

Articuno
Stats: 115/85/100/135/125/120
Summary of Changes: +25 HP, +0 Atk, +0 Def, +40 SpA, +0 SpD, +35 Spe
Competitive Use: A strong attacker with a pretty good speed tier and solid bulk that survives the combination of 2 fake outs and 1 extreme speed from sky plate Rayquaza. Can go either Refrigerate or Aerilate which makes it unpredictable.
Is it OP?: No, its 4x weak to rock, struggles a bit vs Kyogre, and 120 speed isn't top tier
Sample Set(s):

Articuno @ Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Hurricane
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power

Shaymin-Sky
Stats: 100/63/100/160/100/127
Summary of Changes: +0 HP, -40 Atk, +25 Def, +40 SpA, +25 SpD, +0 Spe
Competitive Use: A strong Tinted Lens Wallbreaker or a Triage user that has STAB Giga Drain to beat Kyogre. Specs Tinted Seed Flare 2hkos Sassy Registeel, Modest Giga Drain 2hkos Unaware Kyogre. Can run Spore without Goggles.
Is it OP?: No, bulk isn't exceptional compared to Mega Ray and is outsped by MMs and Mgar. Breaking past steels is also problematic without Tinted Lens. Can potentially cheese through with SpD drops from Seed Flare though.
Sample Set(s):

Shaymin-Sky @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Giga Drain
- Moongeist Beam / Earth Power / Spore / Substitute

Shaymin-Sky @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Oblivion Wing
- Volt Switch
- Moongeist Beam

Abomasnow-Mega
Stats: 120/152/105/152/105/30
Summary of Changes: +30 HP, +20 Atk, +0 Def, +20 SpA, +0 SpD, +0 Spe
Competitive Use: A pretty bulky attacker with an unique typing that allows it to beat Water types that resist Ice and Grass types that resist Grass. Flash Fire is a good answer to Primal Groudon and Kyogre too.
Is it OP?: Horrible typing, struggles vs steels.
Sample Set(s):

Abomasnow-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Spectral Thief
- Core Enforcer
- Recover

Camerupt-Mega
Stats: 105/150/100/180/105/20
Summary of Changes: +35 HP, +30 Atk, +0 Def, +35 SpA, +0 SpD, + 0 Spe
Competitive Use: Very powerful attacker with an excellent offensive typing and inversed Pdon stats. Very slow though and doesn't have exceptional bulk, can offensively check V-create Diancie, rips through steel types.
Is it OP?: No, Giratina and Zyg both take hits pretty well and it is just about the slowest mon in the meta.
Sample Set(s):

Camerupt-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Blue Flare
- Earth Power
- Bolt Strike
- Ice Beam

Marshadow
Stats: 115/160/90/120/90/125
Summary of Changes: +25 HP, +35 Atk, +10 Def, +30 SpA, +0 SpD, + 0 Spe
Competitive Use: Unresisted STAB combo, blistering speed, and 160 Atk makes this a very threatening attacker that can take on the premier physical wall Giratina. It can run a variety of sets from APS set up to Adapt to TC to Self-Improof memory. Also rks MMs
Is it OP?: Maybe, I can see Spectral CC Ice Hammer limiting switch-ins, although major weakness to prio and subpar bulk is hindering.
Sample Set(s):

Marshadow @ Marshadium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Icicle Crash
- Shift Gear

Marshadow @ Ghost Memory
Ability: Dazzling / Normalize
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Close Combat / Sunsteel Strike
- Taunt / Entrainment
- Shell Smash
Freeze Shock

Base Power: 100
Category: Physical
Accuracy: 90%
PP: 5 (8)
Effect (if any): Kyurem-B & Kyurem: 30% chance to paralyze the target.
Competitive Use: A strong STAB for Kyu-B that can para checks and fast mons, especially as it hits all Ground types for neutral damage and Giratina, common status absorber, doesn't switch in.
Is It OP?: Not really, sure it has Scald chances to Para but it only has 8 pp. 100 BP isnt exactly strong either
Likely users: Kyurem-B
Ice Burn

Base Power: 100
Category: Special
Accuracy: 90%
PP: 5 (8)
Effect (if any): Kyurem-W & Kyurem: 30% chance to burn the target.
Competitive Use: A strong STAB for Kyu-W that can burn checks to wear them down, deters physical attackers switching in.
Is It OP?: Not really, sure it has Scald chances to Burn but it only has 8 pp. 100 BP isnt exactly strong either
Likely users: Kyurem-W
(Kyurium Z) (IDK about this)
Effect: If held by a Kyurem, Kyurem-B, or Kyurem-W with Freeze Shock or Ice Burn, it can use [Insert name here] or [Insert name here].
Z-Move effects: 190 BP, guaranteed Para/Burn.
Competitive Use: Strong move that has really good offensive typing and has a good side effect. Does cost the z-move and isn't really good against steels although the para/burn is still good.
Is it OP?: Probably not, no boosting item isn't great and it can be played around
Likely Users: Kyurem-B, Kyurem-W

Last edited:

Crabgod
Stats: 86/170/80/134/80/110- 660 BST
Summary of Changes: -11 HP, +38 Atk, +3 Def, +82 SpA, +13 SpD, +67 Spe
Competitive Use: Better Kyu-B It's able to hit enemies with either STAB Espeeds and/or Boombursts/Returns/Frustrations, and the cool Fighting type allows it to not die so much to Steels.
Is it OP?: No.
Sample Set(s):

Crabominable @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Contrary
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Hammer
- V-create
- Precipice Blades

Crabominable @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Refrigerate
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Frustration
- Close Combat
- King's Shield

Crabominable @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dazzling
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Sunsteel Strike
- Close Combat
- Shell Smash

Crabominable @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Ice Hammer
- Close Combat
- Sunsteel Strike
- Drill Run

Crabominable @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Adamant Nature
- King's Shield
- Shift Gear
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick / Drain Punch

anaconja

long day at job
Quality Control's objective is mostly to make sure existing subs are made more balanced, so I won't add Chessking345's or Yveltal for PU's subs to this slate. Next slate will be focused on giving offense more of a chance, however, so I'll add them to submissions automatically.

Crabgod
Stats: 86/170/80/134/80/110- 660 BST
Summary of Changes: -11 HP, +38 Atk, +3 Def, +82 SpA, +13 SpD, +67 Spe
Competitive Use: Better Kyu-B It's able to hit enemies with either STAB Espeeds and/or Boombursts/Returns/Frustrations, and the cool Fighting type allows it to not die so much to Steels.
Is it OP?: No.
Sample Set(s):
This basically outclasses Kyurem-Black due to its much higher speed, neutrality to Stealth Rock, and usuable double STAB. The point of this pet mod is to diversify, so you need to make both have niches over each other.

Additionally, next slate I'll enforce adding relevant damage calcs for Pokemon submissions. If you do not include them by the deadline for submissions, they will not be counted as submitted. This will make sure that More Balanced Hackmons is not just Balanced Hackmons with power creep, and increases the quality of submissions.

Here's an example from my previous post:

Tapu Koko
Stats: 85/125/80/125/80/135 (630 BST)
Summary of Changes: +15 HP, -25 Atk, +5 Def, -10 SpA, +15 SpD
Reason: not to get outclassed by Diancie-Mega
252 SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Tapu Koko Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 446-528 (88.4 - 104.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Pixilate Diancie-Mega Fake Out + Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tapu Koko: 250-295 (66.8 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Refrigerate Kyurem-Black Fake Out + Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tapu Koko: 262-310 (70 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
but:
252 Atk Tapu Koko Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 152-180 (41.7 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Tapu Koko Precipice Blades vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Klefki: 144-170 (39 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Aurora Beam, Bone Club, Brine, Bubble Beam, Fire Fang, Glaciate, Hex, Horn Attack, Ice Fang, Knock Off, Leaf Tornado, Low Sweep, Mirror Shot, Mud Bomb, Octazooka, Parabolic Charge, Psybeam, Sludge, Spark, Steamroller, Stomp, Thunder Fang, Venoshock

Same as types

Category: Same

Power: 65-->60

Accuracy: Same

PP: Same

Effect (if any): Same

Competitive Use: Tech has more options (feel free to remove if it doesn't actually fit slate Anaconja

Is It OP?: Maybe like, koff.

Likely users:Not sure

Moongeist Beam, Sunsteel Strike, Photon Geyser
Base Power: 100 -> 90
A slight drop in power nerfs set up, which has been limiting counterplay and overall is problematic (also contrary), a slight nerf to power increases the possible set up answers and not limit it to the same unaware mons all the time, as well as making other moves possibly viable.
Psycho Boost
Base Power: 140 -> 130
Makes no sense to be at 140, nerfs contrary mmy and allows stuff like unaware ogre to always live 2 lo psycho boosts.

Spectral Thief
Effect: Also steals stat drops
One of the best moves in the game, and with all of the defensive buffs, this makes stuff like spamming spectral less good as you can steal negative stat boosts such as from shell smash.

Moongeist Beam, Sunsteel Strike, Photon Geyser
Base Power: 100 -> 90
A slight drop in power nerfs set up, which has been limiting counterplay and overall is problematic (also contrary), a slight nerf to power increases the possible set up answers and not limit it to the same unaware mons all the time, as well as making other moves possibly viable.
Psycho Boost
Base Power: 140 -> 130
Makes no sense to be at 140, nerfs contrary mmy and allows stuff like unaware ogre to always live 2 lo psycho boosts.

Spectral Thief
Effect: Also steals stat drops
One of the best moves in the game, and with all of the defensive buffs, this makes stuff like spamming spectral less good as you can steal negative stat boosts such as from shell smash.
can you explain me the logic behind nerfing moon/sun/photon so set up is weaker and then nerfing a set up check.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Usurpation
Effect: Inverts all changes to the stat stages of the Pokemon on the opposing side of the field as the Pokemon with this ability. Stacks with Contrary.
Explanation: Essentially, a Contrary that affects the opponent's side of the field. A very useful anti-setup tool with proper prediction as well as the definitive answer to all Contrary ever[sic]. As with normal Contrary rules, this won't effect the +1 boosts provided from moves like Z-Conversion or flat stat raises like Belly Drum.
Common users: Audino-Mega and others with a decent neutral matchup to Contrary
I don't really think so due to the level of prediction required to actually pull it off, depending on the circumstance. I mean in the case of MMY vs M-Aud it's easily a free switch in
252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino-Mega: 190-225 (46.3 - 54.8%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO
and you basically just wall it out from there, but slapping it on something that gets hit super-effectively by whatever's setting up's coverage (like say a Registeel vs Overheat, or a Giratina vs MGar) may be a very bad idea as you'll inevitably get forced out anyway by them choosing to not set up and instead hitting you.
It also kind of has the unintended side effect of inducing Contrary on moves that just are used for the sake of being powerful that benefit from having Contrary (Clanging Scales, Dragon Ascent, Close Combat) so yea watch out for that.

Won't submit a Wonder Skin thing (unaffected directly by status moves) since I sat down and thought about it and that shit was probably too borked for offense lmao
We need better setup checks then i'll consider actually submitting it

So my actual second submission, a very controversial one I know:
V-Create
180 BP > 120 BP (Z-move BP 220 > 190 BP)
Effect: Lowers Defense and Special Defense by 1 stage.
Explanation: i just made it fire type close combat because this move is just too splashable chief
also unban pdon
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon-Primal V-create (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 262-308 (52 - 61.2%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Mewtwo-Mega-X Photon Geyser vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 278-328 (55.2 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
it's weaker than MMX now so i'll call that an epic victory royale

Users: Nothing really changed but at least it makes Flare Blitz/Sacred Fire a viable option instead amirite gamers
Let's be real, it's V-create, I bet if I made it a 1 BP self-destruct move it'd still be OP

anaconja

long day at job
Voting has ended. Here are the submissions:
Willdbeast: Brightpowder buff, Triage nerf
OM!: Gravitate, Magician buff
Yveltal for PU: Sludge Drift, Corrosion buff, Toxic Community
Chessking345: Immunity clones, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane consistency, Lugia consistency, Blades Ritual, Mind Protection, Sungeist Geyser nerf, Psycho Boost nerf, Spectral Thief nerf
Zovrah: -ate clones, Ho-oh nerf, various 65 BP nerf
Anaconja: Octazooka buff, Air Slash buff, Heal Bell/Aromatherapy buff, Secret Power buff, Spacial Rend buff, Illuminate nerf, Fluffy Cloak nerf, Ho-Oh nerf, Tapu Koko nerf, Tapu Lele buff
Pikachuun: Usurpation, V-Create nerf

And to make your life easier, I made a form to vote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)