75​
80​
70​
65​
50​
130​
Ice Face
Game's Text:
The Pokémon's ice head can take a physical attack as a substitute, but the attack also changes the Pokémon's appearance. The ice will be restored when it hails.
If i'm reading this right, this dude has a free sub up with ice face, once it breaks and turns into it's noice form with 130 speed + a free belly drum

Eiscue-Noice @ Lum Berry
Ability: Ice Face
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Icicle Crash
- Substitute/Liquidation
- Reversal
problems:
-not knowing if belly drum breaks it's sub
-it's coverage is pretty horrible
- reversal is his only move besides liquidation to hit steels
-murdered by mold breakers, especially excadrill
-252/252 for hp and attack could help it, especially with 130 base speed
Problem is Ice Face only works with physical attacks.
All you have to do is switch into most special attackers when Ice Face is up. Eiscue either belly drums and dies in 1 hit to nearly anything, or it uses its pitifully weak Icicle Crash or what ever coverage it runs.
And as a bonus from what I heard, Ice Face only restores when hail starts and isn’t passive, so when switching in, a similar problem arrises even against Physical attackers that are not threatened by its STAB/coverage (which is easier to name ones that are), since they can just take a hit from a non-belly drum power and Eiscue wastes a turn setting up.
You are just better off using Mimikyu and Darmanitan-Z-G for your free sub and belly drum users respectively, and even if they didn’t exist, I wouldn’t recommend using it anyways.

I'm interested in First Impression on Durant (and Haxorus to a lesser extent). Running a priority bug STAB (and I believe the strongest bug move Durant has) instead of Hone Claws or Rock Slide could do some work.

Apparently zarel/official showdown twitter tweeted that megas will in fact be back, but OM mods says that cant happen cause it pushes it into pet mod territory

So.. what gives?

Honestly refreshing to see him care about players interest first, not some arbitary rules of what makes an om or not
My theory is that Dynamax has never been in the same games as Mega Evolution or Z-moves, so technically their interactions would be completely OC. Same with the new Status moves like No Retreat.
Although, we could all just agree that you can’t Dynamax a Pokemon that Mega’d, Primal’d, used a Z-move, or Ultraburst’d, like how Mega Rayquaza is unable to use Z-moves and Rayquaza is unable to Mega Evolve if it used a Z-move, and to have the new status Z-moves follow their respective categories (Like how Celebrate and Happy Hour have the same Z-effects), or just have them unusable.
But this is up to mods to decide and I hope they may consider this.

Well yes, it IS somewhat arbitrary. However, we can implement it in such a way where mechanics cannot overlap, thus minimizing the number of arbitrary decisions and interactions:
  1. Pokemon with applicable Z-Crystals cannot Dynamax
  2. Pokemon with applicable Mega Stones cannot Dynamax
  3. Groudon/Kyogre with appropriate orbs cannot Dynamax.
  4. Rayquaza cannot Dynamax unless it doesn't know Dragon Ascent AND is not holding an applicable Z-Crystal.
That prevents weird Z-Move-Dynamax arbitrary interactions and also prevents the horror scenario of Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Ultra Bursting, Dynamaxing, setting psychic terrain, and THEN USING LIGHT THAT BURNS THE SKY TO OHKO (as long as the mon isn't immune of course). I highly doubt any mon could survive a +2 psychic terrain light that burns the sky unless they 4x resist or are dark type.
Preventing Megas from dynamaxing solves an interface issue before it even starts: in no case has a Pokemon been given the option to use two different mechanics at the same time (see Mega Rayquaza and Z-Moves).

Also, we'd need old items to be brought back too in a NatDex meta (see Multitype Arceus + Plates, Giratina-O), ESPECIALLY if Megas and Z-Moves are implemented.

I've started to get more on board with Movexit, since that one sounds like a proper headache to implement. However, here are my thoughts on it anyway, especially since the whole Unown thing was brought up:
  • New status moves would not get Z-effects. It's just simpler that way, but letting one use it to bypass Taunt once sounds fine imo (even if it sounds bad, it's better than nothing).
  • Regular attacking moves would just be integrated into existing formulas. No harm done, and no arbitrariness.
  • "Cut" moves would be integrated into Max scaling. Status moves would obviously become Max Guard (why did they even make that decision; so irritating to play with)

How, if at all, does this take Megas/Z-Moves and axed moves like Hidden Power and Pursuit into account?
Those are deleted mechanics. NatDex only assumes that all Pokemon can be transferred from USUM to SWSH. I'm sure there'll be a Pet Mod of some sort with all deleted mechanics.
What happened to the moves? Why does Showdown! have them now?
Also can we move this to the new OMs subforum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)