Gen 8 1v1

Having a 50/50 shot with this team. Wanted to see if anyone had any comments I can apply for improvment.

1660361465051.png
1660361473769.png

Mr.Myagi (Urshifu-Rapid-Strike) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpD / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Surging Strikes
- Aqua Jet

Chose this Pokemon due to the fact that he is his dyad's worst enemy. And he covers a multitude of other Pokemon that I run into. He would probably be considered my Ace. Surging Strikes for obvious reasons. Aqua Jet for quick KOs after whittling. CC for STAB and Iron Head for flinch and Fairy coverage.

1660361486060.png
1660361506995.png

Weazo (Dragapult) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 128 Def / 128 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Curse
- Protect

Love this Pokemon and the fact that it can out-speed almost anything. Phantom Force for semi-invunerability, Curse to ensure that the Pokemon still loses health even if I don't attack that turn, Protect for Curse stalling, and Dragon Darts for obvious reasons. The Leftovers were a suggestion from a friend (for healing between PFses and recovering from initial Curse recoil).

1660361517656.png
1660361557488.png

'Scraper (Duraludon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Light Metal
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Stomping Tantrum
- Thunder Wave

Chose this Pokemon because I have been in love with it since i pulled his Shiny from a card pack. I am very happy with the Duraludon and have even been complimented on how I used Light Metal and Float stone together. Thunder Wave to ensure that the opponent would get even slower and Stomping Tantrum to cover other Pokemon I might run into..

Again, wanted to see if anyone had any comments I could apply for improvment.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Having a 50/50 shot with this team. Wanted to see if anyone had any comments I can apply for improvment.

View attachment 446798View attachment 446799
Mr.Myagi (Urshifu-Rapid-Strike) (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpD / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Surging Strikes
- Aqua Jet

Chose this Pokemon due to the fact that he is his dyad's worst enemy. And he covers a multitude of other Pokemon that I run into. He would probably be considered my Ace. Surging Strikes for obvious reasons. Aqua Jet for quick KOs after whittling. CC for STAB and Iron Head for flinch and Fairy coverage.

View attachment 446800View attachment 446801
Weazo (Dragapult) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Curse
- Protect

Love this Pokemon and the fact that it can out-speed almost anything. Phantom Force for semi-invunerability, Curse to ensure that the Pokemon still loses health even if I don't attack that turn, Protect for Curse stalling, and Dragon Darts for obvious reasons. The Leftovers were a suggestion from a friend (for healing between PFses and recovering from initial Curse recoil).

View attachment 446802View attachment 446803
'Scraper (Duraludon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Light Metal
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Stomping Tantrum
- Thunder Wave

Chose this Pokemon because I have been in love with it since i pulled his Shiny from a card pack. I am very happy with the Duraludon and have even been complimented on how I used Light Metal and Float stone together. Thunder Wave to ensure that the opponent would get even slower and Stomping Tantrum to cover other Pokemon I might run into..

Again, wanted to see if anyone had any comments I could apply for improvment.
You've got a solid starting point for a core here between Urshifu and Dragapult, though the sets could do with some tweaking, and Duraludon in general just isn't great for 1v1.

Major Changes:

:duraludon: -> :metagross:
While you've got the right idea in using a Steel type to cover up the first two's weakness to Fairy, Duraludon taking neutral damage from Fairy alongside its naturally frail special bulk and lacking ability to KO much of anything really brings down the entire team. Metagross on the other hand actually resists Fairy, and is also capable of hitting them on their softer physical sides with some strong Meteor Mashes.

Here's the Metagross build I would go for:
:ss/metagross:
Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 224 HP / 52 Atk / 232 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch / Power-Up Punch
- Earthquake
The HP and SpD work together to help Metagross survive as many Ground attacks as possible, including the likes of Earth Power from Choice Specs Landorus-Incarnate, and unboosted Earthquakes from Garchomp and Landorus-Therian. The rest goes into Atk to secure as many KOs as possible. Power-Up Punch is primarily useful for annoying threats that boost themselves up like Iron Defense Tapu Fini and Koko so that you aren't stuck having to fish for Meteor Mash boosts and risk losing just because you're unlucky. If Haxorus starts becoming a pest, you could move around the EVs so that you have the bulk to consistently live Choice Band Earthquake, as well as 2HKO it with the combination of Ice Punch into Bullet Punch.

Minor Changes:

:urshifu:
While Assault Vest is a nice item on its counterpart, Urshifu-Rapid doesn't really have much to gain through using it, since most prominent special attackers either wall you outright or are generally strong enough to KO you before you can KO them. In that regard, most people either use items like Life Orb or Choice Band to help bolster that immediate KO power, or otherwise reinforce its physical bulk with moves like Bulk Up or Iron Defense so that it can consistently deal with a lot of the prominent physical attackers. The build that works the best in my opinion would be Iron Defense, since you can pretty safely just click Iron Defense vs 90% of all physical attackers and just win.

Here's the spread:
:ss/Urshifu-Rapid-Strike:
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Surging Strikes
- Taunt / Counter / Rest

:dragapult:
Curse is a pretty good set for Dragapult, though your build could do with some fine-tuning. Cursed Body is just not reliable, since it only activates 30% of the time, and relies on the user taking a hit, which is something Dragapult can't really afford if your end game is to win off of Curse stalling; a better ability would be either Infiltrator or Clear Body, since those could at least partially help in cases against things like Substitute or Intimidate users. Leftovers is generally inferior to Sitrus Berry for Curse sets, since Curse will naturally always bring you down to Sitrus Range so you can immediately get the extra HP, while Leftovers is better suited in battles that last longer than 4 or 5 turns. Dragon Darts without any kind of offensive boost isn't really KOing much of anything, since most Dragons are bulky enough to just live an unboosted hit and then proceed to OHKO you in return; because of this, I'd advise switching it out for something that helps you towards the stalling aspect like Disable, which is useful for either smacking Choice item users and forcing them to Struggle out or making it so that recovery users trying to outlast you can no longer do so. Similarly, you only really need to buy yourself one turn before using Disable, to which Substitute can accomplish about the same as Protect, while simultaneously giving you a lot of extra benefits between blocking status moves as well as giving yourself a free hit if your opponent tries to set up.

Here's the main spread that implements all of these changes:
:ss/Dragapult:
Dragapult @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 48 HP / 248 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Curse
- Phantom Force

Final Team: https://pokepast.es/5332132418255432

Hope these changes work out well for you! When it comes to using mons like Urshifu and Dragapult, and even Metagross, it's a pretty good idea to consider making replica teams with different sets so that you can make it harder for someone to counter you. With that in mind, I would suggest taking a look through the newly revamped Sets Compendium to see what piques your interest, which is also where the sets that I provided you here came from.

Why mixed bulk on both pult and duraldon, rather than HP? Or offense XD.

I 100% agree switch out duraldon, but if for some reason you don't, don't run Stomping Tantrum. It's bad enough to use the lower attacking stat, but you won't activate the effect(well, you shouldn't,) in 1v1. Maybe run mirror coat if you keep it, and perhaps sash then.

Thank you for all the advice. I fully expected to get a ton of comments saying that my team wasn't good at all, but seeing that I did actually have a good team makes me think that after having played since X & Y, I have actually learned a thing or two, despite the fact that I cannot seem to beat my brother in a battle. Again, thanks for all the advice, I will test the team and see what it gets me. Will return in a few.

I saw a doublade once, for your sake I hope that's not a thing. It shouldn't be, but it can hit you in phantom force limbo. It should also take the other 2 no problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)