Metagame Gen 8 1v1 Speculation, Suggestion, and Updates Thread

Hi, I’m bored, so, here's a bunch of mons that I believe should be banned/unbanned as we start off the 8th generation. I hope the council will take this into consideration as we approach the forum shift:

Bans:

Zacain, Zamazenta, and Eternatus should all be immediately quickbanned, with significant emphasis on the first two’s crowned forms:

This is quite obvious, imo. Their fantastic abilities, stats, and movepools make them too much for the tier. I’m betting 12$ Zacain-Crowned will be banned from Ubers in a week.

Unbans:

:sm/snorlax::sm/mimikyu::sm/kyurem-black: (when It comes out)

Snorlax: Honestly, it's lost its Z move, berries kinda aren't the best rn, and its best sets are quite suboptimal compared to what they were before (on paper) I’d like to see this have some opportunity to actually cement itself as good or bad.

Mimikyu: This thing without Z Curse isn't broken in any aspect.

Kyurem-B: Honestly, DD is great but maybe we’re overreacting, esp with Dynamax running around right now, not really giving it that setup opportunity. I’d like to see where it goes.

Thoughts on the metagame right now:

Dynamax probably needs to be banned: Yeah. This is worse than Z Moves, especially with the fact that you can put an Item on with it. Most things just can't tank a DMax move unless DMaxed themselves, which causes a widely offensive metagame that I don't feel is healthy, IMO. We’ll see how the metagame develops but I feel a suspect should happen before the tournament scene becomes established.

Mons that seem really good right now:

Darmanitan-G, Dragopult, Crustle, etc.

As always, thanks for reading and have a nice day.

Pokesartoolcay if KyuB doesn't have enough time to setup because of dynamax, then it can just dynamax-boosted freeze shock spam you right? Then if Dynamax is banned, now we have Dragon Dance KyuB. So either way, I'm pretty sure KyuB is busted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)