Pet Mod [Gen 6] Megas Revisited - Slate 15: Playtesting

What time would you be able to play in roomtours this weekend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:sm/venusaur-mega:
Name: Mega Venusaur
Type: Grass / Poison
Ability: Triage
Stats: 80 / 92 (+10) / 123 (+40) / 115 (+15) / 120 (+20) / 95 (+15) | 625
New Moves: Nasty Plot
Description: idk i like original a lot but here we go (second take). inspired by one of city’s teams where she used tg triage mvenu. giga sludge ep/hp fire hits a lot of mons with triage allowing it to pressure offense better. without reliable recovery though its prone to being worn down and adding that cuts into its coverage

:sm/charizard-mega-y:
Name: Mega Charizard Y
Type: Fire / Flying
Ability: Delta Stream
Stats: 78 / 119 (+25) / 103 (+25) / 134 (+25) / 110 (+25) / 100 | 634
Description: original is also v good but heres my take. its another weather guy but focuses more on the removal of other weather part than the offensive wallbreaking part. spread out stats allows it to perform like defensive charizard in lower tiers but with lesser rock move weakness so you can wisp that excadrill and no elec weakness so you can stay in on zapdos and stuff.

:sm/blastoise-mega:
Name: Mega Blastoise
Type: Water
Ability: Railgunner (This Pokemon takes 0.5x damage from bullet moves. Its own have 1.3x power.)
Stats: 79 / 83 / 150 (+50) / 125 (+40) / 115 (+10) / 78 | 630
New Moves: Zap Cannon, Sludge Bomb
Description: blastoise is a fantastic spinner due to it beating almost every hazard setter bar stuff like chansey, clefable, and ferrothorn. while it has trouble with chansey, it can use sludge bomb against clefable and focus blast against ferrothorn. railgunner allows it to blank gengar/lucario and other mons that rely on bullet moves such as volcanion's focus blast and sludge bomb. it provides an alternative to slowbro as a physical wall and starmie as a spinner due to its high bulk with no weakness to dark, but lacks the recovery that they possess.

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
:sm/blastoise:
Type: Water/Poison
Ability: Corrosion
Stats: 79 HP / 83 Atk / 130 Def (+30) / 115 SpA (+30) / 115 SpD (+10) / 108 Spe (+30) [630 BST]
New Moves: Sludge Bomb
Description: similar to ana's but a bit different. Sludge Bomb murders Clef and Corrosion makes for a funny Ferro MU.

Thanks to Gekokeso for their help with Venusaur and Charizard-Y

:sv/venusaur-mega:
Ability: Unaware
Stats: 80 / 87 (+5) / 123 (+40) / 120 (+20) / 135 (+35) / 80
New Moves: N/A
Description: Solid mixed wall and setup check.
Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed / Knock Off
- Synthesis

:sv/charizard-mega-y:
Ability: Gale Wings
Stats: 78 / 84 / 128 (+50) / 119 (+10) / 115 (+30) / 110 (+10)
New Moves: Calm Mind
Description: Bulky Calm Mind sweeper and mixed wall with priority Roost.
Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power Flying / Air Slash
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Defog / Flamethrower

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Def
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower / Hidden Power Ground
- Roost

:sv/blastoise-mega:
Ability: Rough Skin
Stats: 79 / 93 (+10) / 140 (+40) / 115 (+25) / 130 (+25) / 78
New Moves: Recover
Description: Blanket check to physical attackers. Base Blastoise also gets a very nice buff.
Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Ice Beam / Toxic / Refresh

Last edited:
:sm/Venusaur-Mega:
Type: Grass/Poison
Ability: Effect Spore
Stats: 80 HP / 92 Atk / 133 Def / 120 SpA / 120 SpD / 80 Spe [BST: 625] (+10 Atk, +50 Def, +20 SpA, +20 SpD)
New Moves: None
Description: It now gets back its weakness to Ice and Fire, but now becomes even more annoying thanks to Effect Spore. A significantly higher Defense stat allows it to wall physical attackers more effectively while also potentially cripple them with status thanks to Effect Spore.
:sm/Charizard-Mega-Y:
Type: Fire/Flying
Ability: Aerilate
Stats: 78 / 134 / 78 / 124 / 120 / 100 [BST: 634] (+50 Atk, +15 SpA, +35 SpD)
Description: With OG Zard Y being a fantastic Special wallbreaker, I wanted to switch it up and turn it to a physical wallbreaker. Aerilate finally gives Charizard a reliable Flying STAB. Fire/Flying + Earthquake provide near-perfect coverage.

:sm/Blastoise-Mega:
Ability: Drizzle
Stats: 79 HP / 93 Atk / 130 Def / 135 SpA / 115 SpD / 78 Spe [BST: 630] (+10 Atk, +30 Def, +50 SpA, +10 SpD)
Description: Mega Blastoise now gains super powerful STAB moves at the cost of boosted coverage moves. Similar to Kyogre in Ubers, Mega Blastoise can now run a powerful Water Spout attack under the Rain which goes very well with its HUGE water cannon design. Drizzle also allows it to combat Sand teams very well, since it would always have the upper hand against Sand setters. While niche, Sticky Web teams go very well with this Mega Evolution.

Last edited:
That is just a troll ok?

Charizard, got out of its Pokeball, exhausted... He was ready to finally shine, but those rocks destroyed its wing and it fainted.

At the PokeCenter, he saw Dragonite, Garchomp and Palkia... They were singing of joy... They were never including him... His rage surrounded and he could revenge himself...

Fire-Fairy
Pixilate
+Tri Attack, U-Turn, Thrash
It's fun 'cos it wants to be a dragon, but it ain't, so he's angry and want to take his revenge!
A golden speed tier, hits very hard, a bit scared of X with U-Turn but w/e.

:xy/venusaur-mega:
Grass-Poison
Bane of the Jungle
If the owner switches in and Grassy Terrain is active, or if the Grassy Terrain is set while this Pokémon is on the field, +1 stage to Accuracy and Speed.
+Gunk Shot, Fire Lash

A physical sweeper, can set its own Grassy Terrain, wanted to make it +1 attack but htought it was overpowered. It can use PowerWhip and Gunk Shot with the acc boost. Good speed tier with the boost.

Blastoise Mega
Water/Steel
HP: 79
Atk: 83
Def: 100
SpA: 85
SpD: 105
Spe: 98
+Flash Cannon, Grass Knot, Thunderbolt
American
Every special move is used twice

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Name: Venusaur-Mega
Type:

Ability: Drought
Stats: 80 / 92 (+10) / 93 (+10) / 155 (+55) / 125 (+25) / 80 [625 BST]
New Moves: -
Description: I can't believe it's not Zard-Y!© This mega aims to take advantage of what makes regular Venusaur strong, sun, in a very different way. Like Zard-Y, it becomes a powerful wallbreaker with coverage that's hard to switch into. The key difference between these two mons is the strong synergy that grass type moves and sun have, as well as a powerful SR neutrality. Indeed, venusaur gets access to three key moves: an insta 120 BP Solar Beam, a 66% recovery move in Synthesis, and of course, Growth, which allows its already high SpA to reach nuclear levels. Its final weapon is, as mentioned, coverage. Thanks to Weather Ball, Venusaur gets access to a powerful Fire "STAB". It might also not have Earth Power like in later gens, but Earthquake still lets it nab the OHKO on Heatran at +2 even with a Modest Nature. Venusaur-Mega still has various short-comings, though. 80 is a very awkward speed tier, leaving it slower than Excadrill, for instance. Drought also compounds its Fire weakness, leaving it with what is in practice a quad weakness. Venusaur-Mega is also heavily weather-reliant, a bulky TTar switching in before it gets a Growth done has all its chances shutting it down. Finally, it certainly has a bit of 4MSS going on.

Name: Charizard-Mega-Y
Type:

Ability: No Guard
Stats: 78 / 115 (+31) / 88 (+10) / 124 (+15) / 120 (+35) / 109 (+9) [634 BST]
New Moves: Hurricane, Knock Off
Description: I can't believe it's not Pidgeot!© This version of Zard-Y trades raw Power for a bit of speed and utility. The main thing this mon has for it is its ability to spam 100% accurate Infernos around, which is what the kids nowadays call "pretty strong". No Guard also pairs wonderfully with Focus Blast and its new addition, Hurricane. Its new access to Koff and its increased bulk also lets it run Talonflame-ish utility sets that are like sorta-walls sorta-threats. To make this not completely busted, it has 11 less base SpA than Pidgeot aka really not much for a mega, a speed tier that lets it be crept by base 110/111 like the latis and the genies, and of course a debilitating SR weakness. This is the cost for wrecking shit up with Inferno. Btw its random increase in Atk also mean that DD sets arent the worst thing ever, wouldnt personally try them but they exist.

Last edited:
Ability: Dragon’s Maw
Stats: Same as Zard Y
New Moves: Draco Meteor
Description: Three STABs instead of Drought is the best I could think of. Zard Y is already amazing. But Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, Hurricane could work wonders.

Ability: Grassy Surge
Stats: 80/82/123 (+40)/120 (+20)/120 (+20)/100 (+20)
New Moves: Earth Power, Psychic, Calm Mind
Description: It is speedier, speciallier (no it’s not), and cooler ability. Grassy Surge powers up it’s grass moves and weakens opposing EQs (also everything Yoshibalze said)

Last edited:
Type:

Ability: Download
Stats: 78 / 124 (+40) / 88 (+10) / 134 (+25) / 110 (+25) / 100 [634 BST]
New Moves: Thunderbolt, Thunder
Description: Since the Magnet Pull version got veoted I wanted to have another take on a Fire/Electric Zard. Now it's a mixed attacker with two great offensive stabs. I kept the SpAtk higher than its PhysAtk due to access to dragon dance.

EDIT: Major rework.

Type:

Ability: Comatose
Stats: 79 / 103 (+20) / 160 (+60) / 95 (+10) / 125 (+20) / 68 (-10) [630 BST]
Description: Big ol' turtle sleeping in its shell. Bulky spinner immune to status, it's really tanky but lacks damage output and recovery.

Type:

Ability: Hardiness (New: Its secondary type changes to the current weather condition's type. If weather is active, this Pokemon heals 1/16 of its max HP each turn.)
Stats: 80 / 89 (+7) / 109 (+26) / 149 (+49) / 109 (+9) / 89 (+9) [625 BST]
Description: M-Venusaur adapts to the environment and grows different kinds of plants depending of the climate it's in. Basically a new Castform (with Sandstorm form) alongside the Rain Dish/Ice Body ability. Weather is not that prevalent in Gen 6, but if you are building a weather team you can always consider slotting this in since with Weather Ball it always has a 100BP stab move available. This ability also provides some interesting typings:
Sun - Grass/Fire
Rain - Grass/Water
Sand - Grass/Rock (since the move Sandstorm is rock type)
Hail - Grass/Ice

EDIT: Secondary type is now Poison.

Last edited:
Ability: Flower Veil
Stats: 80 / 82 / 131 (+48) / 122 (+22) / 130 (+30) / 80 [625]
New Moves: Slack Off (maybe?)
Description: Finally, a mon that can use Flower Veil in singles. Exchanges Thick Fat's Ice and Fire neutrality for immunity to status (and a free Clear Body).

Ability: Stance Change
Stats: 79 / 85 (+2) / 140 (+40) / 85 / 140 (+35) / 96 (+18) [630]
Stats (Exposed Form): 79 / 140 / 85 / 140 / 85 / 96 [630]
New Moves: Bulk Up, Calm Mind
Description: Withdrawn (Base) Form: Cannons withdrawn inside shells. Exposed Form: :blastoise-mega:. Able to go either Physical or Special, and has new moves that allow it to set up before it goes into its offensive form. However, unlike Aegislash, it does not have a move that can bring its defenses back, so you need to be careful while using it.

Last edited:
:xy/blastoise-mega:
Mega Blastoise
Typing
:

Ability: Iron Dome (After using a water type attack, the user charges up water. If hit by a contact move, the user releases it, dealing 1/4 damage to the attacker)
Atk: 83 ---> 103 (+10)
Def: 100---> 140 (+40)
SpA: 85 ---> 125 (+40)
Spe:
Description: Embracing Blastoise's role as a spinner, I opted to give it a more defensive stat spread to ensure it could take a large amount of hits while also changing its ability to embrace said role as a bulky spinner. With this modified Gulp Missile, Mega blastoise can spam its water moves all while gaining missile charges, which allows it to defeat various kinds of physical attackers in the tier, while still having a respectable yet exploitable Spd.

Last edited:

Yoshiblaze

ye
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Type:

Stats: 80 / 100 (+18) / 123 (+40) / 140 (+40) / 100 / 82 (+2) [625 BST]
New Moves: Defog, Toxic Spikes, Sludge Wave
Description: Base Mega Swampert gave Rain a reason to exist (albeit barely), so maybe Mega Venusaur can do that for Sun. It'll take a lot of help cuz Ninetales sucks, but let's try. You may wonder why you'd use this over Life Orb Venusaur, since it's still slightly stronger despite Mega Venusaur's good 140 SpA and doesn't take up the Mega slot. Well, aside from the massive physical bulk increase, using your Mega Slot on Venusaur allows you to use Weather Ball and Chlorophyll on the same set, since that combination was illegal before Venusaur was able to naturally learn Weather Ball in Gen 8. This turns Venusaur into a dangerous Sun sweeper, with Growth, great bulk, Sleep Powder, and a great combo of "STABs" in Weather Ball and Giga Drain. Venusaur's great bulk and utility in Sleep Powder, Knock Off, Defog, and Toxic Spikes also make it decent out of Sun but you'll mainly want to use it on Sun teams, where its strengths hopefully make up for the fact that you have to run Ninetales. No Earth Power means that you still have to use Earthquake to beat Heatran, or find some other way to beat it and use Sludge Wave. Defog and Toxic Spikes can also be used on Sun teams for a little role compression that pre-Gen 7 Sun lacks, but you probably just want to set up and sweep. 82 Speed means that Modest Venusaur outspeeds Scarf 110s, namely Lati@s.
Sun Sweeper (Venusaur) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Giga Drain
- Weather Ball
- Earthquake / Sludge Wave
- Growth

Type:

Ability: Berserk
Stats: 78 / 94 (+10) / 113 (+35) / 164 (+55) / 85 / 100 [634 BST]
New Moves: Hurricane, Work Up
Description: I really like base Zard Y, so here's a slightly different take on it + some nice movepool buffs. Zard Y's statline is already amazing, though I moved its Special Defense boosts into Defense which should be more helpful against Fighting, Steel, and Ground-types not named Mega Lucario or Heatran which you can check anyway, and boosted its Special Attack even more to make up for its lack of Sun and needing something to standout considering its rather poor Speed tier in the current meta (with 5/6 Megas being faster). Berserk is a neat tool because Zard may have to switch into Rocks in an emergency, so if you do so at full and then take a weak hit, you get a free Berserk boost and you can Roost off the damage later. Hurricane adds better Flying STAB courtesy of Gen 8, while I wanted to add a setup option a la Moltres-Galar, but didn't want it to be too strong, so Work Up is a good midground.
Wallbreaker (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power Grass
- Roost

Type:

Ability: Misty Surge
Stats: 79 / 83 / 130 (+30) / 135 (+50) / 105 / 98 (+20) [630 BST]
New Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Moonblast, Misty Terrain, Taunt
Description: I originally wanted to do Drizzle Blastoise, but someone already did that, so let's go for another field effect. Water/Fairy is a great typing right now, allowing Mega Blastoise to check Lopunny, Houndoom, and soft check Glalie and Lucario. This makes Blastoise a great physical wall to have even with its continued lack of recovery. Blastoise would basically play like a PhysDef Tapu Fini, removing hazards and being a sturdy but temporary roadblock that fits on balance or bulky offense teams, which is why Taunt and Draining Kiss were added, plus a slight Speed boost to make Taunt more appealing. High SpA keeps Blastoise from being passive, especially since it can't Scald burn for 5 turns.
Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:
Review Time once again! This time me and Yoshi did quick rounds of reviewd.Just like last time, these are all just our personal feedback on every submission, suggesting changes, and warnings of vetoes. These are all just my opinion, so unless I specifically warn of a veto (indicated by me putting the word vetoed in bold), feel free to our take my advice as you wish.

:Gallade-mega: Yoshiblaze's Comments
:Audino-mega: My Comments

:blastoise-mega:
Can't really go wrong with a Regen bulky Water and Blastoise already has a ton of utility so you don't need to add more, I like it
Looks very strong while not being overbearing. Being a regenerator spinner is absolutely fantastic is this meta.
:venusaur-mega:
Sounds a bit scary even with really low Special Attack for a Mega since strong priority is strong and it can Heatran now. Probably fine because of the aforementioned low SpA but a little spooky
Very iffy about this one. Triage nasty plot is very questionable as well as the addition earth power. It might be fine since I discussed stats with ana in disc but I would personally recommend to remove either of the new moves to ensure it's fine.
:charizard-mega-y:
Delta Stream is really fun and could be cool to see in a non-AG meta and I like how it more bulky than powerful with its typing and ability, big fan
Big fan of this one. Has a lot of utility and checks a good portion of the meta despite just okay defensive stats.
Bulky Waters are always good and the ability is interesting both offensively and defensively, I approve
Retains its offensive potential while adding to it defensive profile to improve its spinning capabilities.
I like it, basically a fatter Tentacruel with Corrosion instead of Knock, should be fun to use
Might be a bit iffy with the poison typing but having no recovery probably keeps this in check. Spinner that beats a Clefable is great tho.
Pretty good, Unaware makes it a potential Mega for Stall which we don't have yet
I personally oversaw feedback for this one since I originally made a unaware Venu before getting ninja'd, so this is 100% approved!
Competes with Talonflame a lot with Talon being a lot frailer, but not taking up the Mega slot. More viable hazard control is always nice though
Defog is nice but otherwise this seems somewhat weaker than smogon bird, which is already going on a downwards spiral in the meta. Approved but probably needs more to be viable.
Might be fat enough to get away with having no recovery, but either way this is pretty good, a quintessential bulky Water
As mentioned by others on the discord before this is very iffy as a lopunny check but it seems very good as a defensive wall regardless.
RNG Abilities are a bit annoying, but aside from that it's alright, the stat being a bit more optimized than the original is appropriate for the worse ability
Interesting choice to have such an unreliable ability replacing the very good thick fat, but I think you justified it well and it does do good as a physical wall.
I like this a lot, Zard has more than a good enough movepool to pull it off (namely learning Quick Attack fsr) and the stats work really well
Physical zard-y is a very bold move but I think you managed it just fine. Might be a bit too strong but otherwise this looks great and actually balanced accordingly with aerilate in mind.
Mini-Kyogre sounds a lot of fun and maybe makes Rain more of a thing than it is now, another fun sounding Mega
Hello I'm Guy Fieri, mayor of flavor town. This thing already has ice beam so giving it glaciate for no reason seems unnecessary, especially since we don't want to create a precedent of giving random signature moves to any mega. The mega is otherwise somewhat fine, if albeit a bit too much, might want to remove like 10 points of spa and Glaciate. Otherwise it is in the range of post slating nerf / approval but ignoring the addition of Glaciate.
Very unique take on Venusaur, should be pretty interesting since Venu already has a lot of what it needs to be a physical sweeper. Manual Grassy Terrain isn't near good enough to really justify using the ability, though, so you could shoot for a different effect. Also, I'm assuming that you meant to give it 118 or 108 Defense instead of 18, but as it is it would get vetoed since the stats don't add up to 625 (and 118 would make it too high so it should be 108)
This looks like it isn't very good. Manual grassy terrain is unheard of in any gen especially gen 6, and the reward from going out of your way to set it up just seems very not worth it. Also vetoed over wrong stat addition and illegal addition of fire lash (moves from future / custom moves are banned.
This would get vetoed as 149 SpA with an -ate ability is a bit too much, even with Zard's Rocks weakness, as Fire/Fairy is an extremely good offensive typing and Tri Attack will hit extremely hard. I recommend lowering its SpA to around 130. Also, I might suggest changing the Speed tier (preferably lower) as we already have 3 Megas with exactly 115 Speed, so that tier is getting quite crowded
Likely vetoed. -Ate abilities are already intensely strong in gen 6, and between that high special attack and it's fire fairy coverage with the addition of tri attack this seems too strong.
A bit odd to say the least, with a very strong ability that's basically special Huge Power + Serene Grace which makes a couple moves very scary like Muddy Water and Dark Pulse. This would be vetoed due to the ability and the fact that its BST isn't 630
Very easily vetoed. Not only is the ability sort of ridiculous as a huge power clone, but weird move additions and no indication of stats additions make this impossible to get through the slate.
Drought on a Grass-type is very fun and this looks like a great wallbreaker. Could possibly get away with increasing its SpA a bit to make up for the meh offensive typing, bulk, and Speed tier. Also, while a little irrelevant since you wouldn't get to run Weather Ball, because of Mega Speed mechanics, I believe that this would get 1 turn of Chlorophyll Speed when it Megas, which is fun
Nice twist on mega Venu, it has a plethora of fun options while being balanced by it's slow speed and increased fire weakness.
Inferno sounds super scary, but the stats are low enough that it'll be fine, basically like a better Entei Sacred Fire
Same story with Zard-y, strong offensive threat balanced by it's horrible rocks weakness.
Considering the fact that I initially subbed a Grassy Surge Venu before seeing this, I'm a big fan of Grassy Surge, so I like this a lot for that alone.
This has strong offensive and defensive utility but if prone to the ice and fire attacks flying in the meta, approved!
Triple STAB is nice. Fire/Flying/Dragon coverage isn't the greatest with Heatran around, meaning that you'd have to drop Roost for Focus Blast, but it's functional.
A bit too strong strong for my liking, but then again it no longer has the nuclear power that came with drought.
Weather not being great in Gen 6 as you said means that I'm not too sure how well this'll pan out, especially with the poor pre-form change typing, but it's an interesting idea nonetheless. I'd recommend keeping base Mega Venu Grass/Poison to make its base form more viable.
Ability is a bit weird, but I do admit I like the thought of venusaur adapting to different playstyles and being a key aspect to winning weather wars (especially for sun). Approved, albeit I'd recommend to add weather ball.
This would definitely get vetoed, Magnet Pull on a Fire-type is extremely strong as Zard would be able to invalidate any Steel-type if it's healthy. Trapping that strong is uncompetitive, so I recommend giving this a different ability.
Absolutely a veto, although my fault for not mentioning it sooner. Magnet pull for a fire type is already a ridiculous concept and to give it an electric typing is insanity. Hp ground and it's stabs cover all steels which feels very uncompetitive, especially with those crazy offensive stats. Rework is needed.
One of the fatter takes on a bulky Blastoise in this slate, making it unique among the other submissions. Quite passive and it, but the status immunity and fat should make it a good spinner. It's already very slow, but I do recommend making it even slower or changing Comatose to not work with Sleep Talk since it can run the uncompetitive combination of Roar + Sleep Talk and 68 Speed is still fast enough to outspeed a lot with max Speed
Usually I would scream flavor but this is just fine, very good as a spinner and you said it lacks offensive presence and recovery to make up for it.
Nothing flashy, but it works. Slack Off should be fine since losing Thick Fat is pretty big
Flower veil on a grass type is obviously good, but I will admit it's potential on a grass poison type is severely hampered, on top of regular m-venu's stats not being that impressive without thick fat.
Interesting concept, especially since it can't switch back if it attacks.
Very interesting, I remember Evo project had a similar concept with one of its Mons and this is a fun take on it.

Yoshi and Me exchanged feedback on discord for our subs.

Submissions will last for another 24 hours, so be sure to get any last second changes or submissions in!

Yoshiblaze

ye
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
It's now time to vote!

Voting Rules can be found below and in the OP:
After the submission phase is over, voting will begin. This mod will be using the same voting system as Book of Enigmas, where you can vote for as many submissions as you want, with each submission getting a certain number of points based on how you ranked it. An example can be seen below.
For a slate with Mega Beedrill, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Pidgeot, for example, a ballot would look like this:
Beedrill: User 1, User 2, User 3
Lopunny: User 4, User 5, User 6
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 9

With this ballot, Submission 1 for Mega Beedrill would get 3 points, Submission 2 would get 2, and Submission 3 would get 1. The same goes for Submissions 4, 5, and 6 in the Lopunny category and Submissions 7, 8, and 9 in the Pidgeot category, with them getting 3, 2, and 1 point respectively.

You can add as many submissions are you'd like after your third vote, with each one getting 1 point.
Beedrill: User 1, User 2, User 3
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 9, User 10, User 11
So, in this ballot, Submissions 10 and 11 would also get 1 point in the Pidgeot category.

You can vote for your own submission, but it can't be in first place or your only vote in that category. Be sure to mark your self-vote by putting (SV) after it.
Beedrill: User 12 (SV), User 2, User 3
This wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is in first place in the Beedrill category

Beedrill: User 12 (SV)
This also wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is the only vote in the Beedrill category

Beedrill: User 2, User 12 (SV)
Lopunny: User 4, User 12 (SV), User 6
Pidgeot: User 7, User 8, User 12 (SV), User 10, User 11
This is a legal ballot because none of the self-votes are in first place or the only vote in a category.

If you vote for only 2 submissions in a category, the first place submission gets 2 points and the second place submission gets 1 point. If you vote for just one, then that submission gets 1 point.
Beedrill: User 1 (1 point)
Lopunny: User 4 (2 points), User 5 (1 point)
Pidgeot: User 7 (3 points), User 8 (2 points), User 9 (1 point), User 10 (1 point), User 11 (1 point)
The submission with the most points in a category will be added to the mod. For every Mega, you will also have the option to vote for the original Mega Evolution if you aren't a fan of any of the submissions. However, this can't be done for Pokemon whose original Megas were banned to Ubers.
For most slates, the next submission phase will start immediately after voting ends for the previous slate. The long submission phase will still give ample time for discussion and playtesting during the week so you can adjust your submissions. However, every 3 slates or so, one or more roomtours will be held so we can see what state the metagame is in. This may result in winning submissions being nerfed or buffed, depending on what we learn. Buffs and nerfs (mostly nerfs) can also happen at any other time as we learn stuff between roomtours.
All submissions are eligible for voting except for the vetoed submissions below:
Turtlek's Venusaur (Custom Move)
Turtlek's Blastoise (Stats)

Voting will end in 24 hours. Good luck!
If your submission isn't here and wasn't vetoed then please let me know!

Ability: Triage
Stats: 80 / 92 (+10) / 123 (+40) / 115 (+15) / 120 (+20) / 95 (+15) | 625
New Moves: Nasty Plot
Description: idk i like original a lot but here we go (second take). inspired by one of city’s teams where she used tg triage mvenu. giga sludge ep/hp fire hits a lot of mons with triage allowing it to pressure offense better. without reliable recovery though its prone to being worn down and adding that cuts into its coverage
Ability: Unaware
Stats: 80 / 87 (+5) / 123 (+40) / 120 (+20) / 135 (+35) / 80
New Moves: N/A
Description: Solid mixed wall and setup check.
:sm/Venusaur-Mega:
Ability: Effect Spore
Stats: 80 HP / 92 Atk / 133 Def / 120 SpA / 120 SpD / 80 Spe [BST: 625] (+10 Atk, +50 Def, +20 SpA, +20 SpD)
Description: It now gets back its weakness to Ice and Fire, but now becomes even more annoying thanks to Effect Spore. A significantly higher Defense stat allows it to wall physical attackers more effectively while also potentially cripple them with status thanks to Effect Spore.
Name: Venusaur-Mega
Type:

Ability: Drought
Stats: 80 / 92 (+10) / 93 (+10) / 155 (+55) / 125 (+25) / 80 [625 BST]
Description: I can't believe it's not Zard-Y!© This mega aims to take advantage of what makes regular Venusaur strong, sun, in a very different way. Like Zard-Y, it becomes a powerful wallbreaker with coverage that's hard to switch into. The key difference between these two mons is the strong synergy that grass type moves and sun have, as well as a powerful SR neutrality. Indeed, venusaur gets access to three key moves: an insta 120 BP Solar Beam, a 66% recovery move in Synthesis, and of course, Growth, which allows its already high SpA to reach nuclear levels. Its final weapon is, as mentioned, coverage. Thanks to Weather Ball, Venusaur gets access to a powerful Fire "STAB". It might also not have Earth Power like in later gens, but Earthquake still lets it nab the OHKO on Heatran at +2 even with a Modest Nature. Venusaur-Mega still has various short-comings, though. 80 is a very awkward speed tier, leaving it slower than Excadrill, for instance. Drought also compounds its Fire weakness, leaving it with what is in practice a quad weakness. Venusaur-Mega is also heavily weather-reliant, a bulky TTar switching in before it gets a Growth done has all its chances shutting it down. Finally, it certainly has a bit of 4MSS going on.
Ability: Grassy Surge
Stats: 80/82/123 (+40)/120 (+20)/120 (+20)/100 (+20)
New Moves: Earth Power, Psychic, Calm Mind
Description: It is speedier, speciallier (no it’s not), and cooler ability. Grassy Surge powers up it’s grass moves and weakens opposing EQs (also everything Yoshibalze said)
Type:

Ability: Hardiness (New: Its secondary type changes to the current weather condition's type. If weather is active, this Pokemon heals 1/16 of its max HP each turn.)
Stats: 80 / 89 (+7) / 109 (+26) / 149 (+49) / 109 (+9) / 89 (+9) [625 BST]
Description: M-Venusaur adapts to the environment and grows different kinds of plants depending of the climate it's in. Basically a new Castform (with Sandstorm form) alongside the Rain Dish/Ice Body ability. Weather is not that prevalent in Gen 6, but if you are building a weather team you can always consider slotting this in since with Weather Ball it always has a 100BP stab move available. This ability also provides some interesting typings:
Sun - Grass/Fire
Rain - Grass/Water
Sand - Grass/Rock (since the move Sandstorm is rock type)
Hail - Grass/Ice
Ability: Flower Veil
Stats: 80 / 82 / 131 (+48) / 122 (+22) / 130 (+30) / 80 [625]
New Moves: Slack Off (maybe?)
Description: Finally, a mon that can use Flower Veil in singles. Exchanges Thick Fat's Ice and Fire neutrality for immunity to status (and a free Clear Body).
Type:

Stats: 80 / 100 (+18) / 123 (+40) / 140 (+40) / 100 / 82 (+2) [625 BST]
New Moves: Defog, Toxic Spikes, Sludge Wave
Description: Base Mega Swampert gave Rain a reason to exist (albeit barely), so maybe Mega Venusaur can do that for Sun. It'll take a lot of help cuz Ninetales sucks, but let's try. You may wonder why you'd use this over Life Orb Venusaur, since it's still slightly stronger despite Mega Venusaur's good 140 SpA and doesn't take up the Mega slot. Well, aside from the massive physical bulk increase, using your Mega Slot on Venusaur allows you to use Weather Ball and Chlorophyll on the same set, since that combination was illegal before Venusaur was able to naturally learn Weather Ball in Gen 8. This turns Venusaur into a dangerous Sun sweeper, with Growth, great bulk, Sleep Powder, and a great combo of "STABs" in Weather Ball and Giga Drain. Venusaur's great bulk and utility in Sleep Powder, Knock Off, Defog, and Toxic Spikes also make it decent out of Sun but you'll mainly want to use it on Sun teams, where its strengths hopefully make up for the fact that you have to run Ninetales. No Earth Power means that you still have to use Earthquake to beat Heatran, or find some other way to beat it and use Sludge Wave. Defog and Toxic Spikes can also be used on Sun teams for a little role compression that pre-Gen 7 Sun lacks, but you probably just want to set up and sweep. 82 Speed means that Modest Venusaur outspeeds Scarf 110s, namely Lati@s.
Ability: Delta Stream
Stats: 78 / 119 (+25) / 103 (+25) / 134 (+25) / 110 (+25) / 100 | 634
Description: original is also v good but heres my take. its another weather guy but focuses more on the removal of other weather part than the offensive wallbreaking part. spread out stats allows it to perform like defensive charizard in lower tiers but with lesser rock move weakness so you can wisp that excadrill and no elec weakness so you can stay in on zapdos and stuff.
Ability: Gale Wings
Stats: 78 / 84 / 128 (+50) / 119 (+10) / 115 (+30) / 110 (+10)
New Moves: Calm Mind
Description: Bulky Calm Mind sweeper and mixed wall with priority Roost.
:sm/Charizard-Mega-Y:
Ability: Aerilate
Stats: 78 / 134 / 78 / 124 / 120 / 100 [BST: 634] (+50 Atk, +15 SpA, +35 SpD)
Description: With OG Zard Y being a fantastic Special wallbreaker, I wanted to switch it up and turn it to a physical wallbreaker. Aerilate finally gives Charizard a reliable Flying STAB. Fire/Flying + Earthquake provide near-perfect coverage.
Fire-Fairy
Pixilate
+Tri Attack, U-Turn, Thrash
It's fun 'cos it wants to be a dragon, but it ain't, so he's angry and want to take his revenge!
A golden speed tier, hits very hard, a bit scared of X with U-Turn but w/e.
Name: Charizard-Mega-Y
Type:

Ability: No Guard
Stats: 78 / 115 (+31) / 88 (+10) / 124 (+15) / 120 (+35) / 109 (+9) [634 BST]
New Moves: Hurricane, Knock Off
Description: I can't believe it's not Pidgeot!© This version of Zard-Y trades raw Power for a bit of speed and utility. The main thing this mon has for it is its ability to spam 100% accurate Infernos around, which is what the kids nowadays call "pretty strong". No Guard also pairs wonderfully with Focus Blast and its new addition, Hurricane. Its new access to Koff and its increased bulk also lets it run Talonflame-ish utility sets that are like sorta-walls sorta-threats. To make this not completely busted, it has 11 less base SpA than Pidgeot aka really not much for a mega, a speed tier that lets it be crept by base 110/111 like the latis and the genies, and of course a debilitating SR weakness. This is the cost for wrecking shit up with Inferno. Btw its random increase in Atk also mean that DD sets arent the worst thing ever, wouldnt personally try them but they exist.
Ability: Dragon’s Maw
Stats: Same as Zard Y
New Moves: Draco Meteor
Description: Three STABs instead of Drought is the best I could think of. Zard Y is already amazing. But Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, Hurricane could work wonders.
Type:

Ability: Download
Stats: 78 / 124 (+40) / 88 (+10) / 134 (+25) / 110 (+25) / 100 [634 BST]
New Moves: Thunderbolt, Thunder
Description: Since the Magnet Pull version got veoted I wanted to have another take on a Fire/Electric Zard. Now it's a mixed attacker with two great offensive stabs. I kept the SpAtk higher than its PhysAtk due to access to dragon dance.
Type:

Ability: Berserk
Stats: 78 / 94 (+10) / 113 (+35) / 164 (+55) / 85 / 100 [634 BST]
New Moves: Hurricane, Work Up
Description: I really like base Zard Y, so here's a slightly different take on it + some nice movepool buffs. Zard Y's statline is already amazing, though I moved its Special Defense boosts into Defense which should be more helpful against Fighting, Steel, and Ground-types not named Mega Lucario or Heatran which you can check anyway, and boosted its Special Attack even more to make up for its lack of Sun and needing something to standout considering its rather poor Speed tier in the current meta (with 5/6 Megas being faster). Berserk is a neat tool because Zard may have to switch into Rocks in an emergency, so if you do so at full and then take a weak hit, you get a free Berserk boost and you can Roost off the damage later. Hurricane adds better Flying STAB courtesy of Gen 8, while I wanted to add a setup option a la Moltres-Galar, but didn't want it to be too strong, so Work Up is a good midground.
:sm/blastoise_mega:
Ability: Regenerator
Stats: 79/103 (+20)/130 (+30)/125 (+40)/115 (+10)/78 (+0)
New Moves: None!
Description: Tank especialized at dealing with offensive teams, as it can switch in, take their hits, dish them back out, switch out and do it multiple times throughout the match thanks to Regenerator. Nothing fancy but it's probably solid.
Ability: Railgunner (This Pokemon takes 0.5x damage from bullet moves. Its own have 1.3x power.)
Stats: 79 / 83 / 150 (+50) / 125 (+40) / 115 (+10) / 78 | 630
New Moves: Zap Cannon, Sludge Bomb
Description: blastoise is a fantastic spinner due to it beating almost every hazard setter bar stuff like chansey, clefable, and ferrothorn. while it has trouble with chansey, it can use sludge bomb against clefable and focus blast against ferrothorn. railgunner allows it to blank gengar/lucario and other mons that rely on bullet moves such as volcanion's focus blast and sludge bomb. it provides an alternative to slowbro as a physical wall and starmie as a spinner due to its high bulk with no weakness to dark, but lacks the recovery that they possess.
:sm/blastoise:
Type: Water/Poison
Ability: Corrosion
Stats: 79 HP / 83 Atk / 130 Def (+30) / 115 SpA (+30) / 115 SpD (+10) / 108 Spe (+30) [630 BST]
New Moves: Sludge Bomb
Description: similar to ana's but a bit different. Sludge Bomb murders Clef and Corrosion makes for a funny Ferro MU.
:sv/blastoise-mega:
Ability: Rough Skin
Stats: 79 / 93 (+10) / 140 (+40) / 115 (+25) / 130 (+25) / 78
Description: Blanket check to physical attackers. Base Blastoise also gets a very nice buff.
Ability: Drizzle
Stats: 79 HP / 93 Atk / 130 Def / 135 SpA / 115 SpD / 78 Spe [BST: 630] (+10 Atk, +30 Def, +50 SpA, +10 SpD)
Description: Mega Blastoise now gains super powerful STAB moves at the cost of boosted coverage moves. Similar to Kyogre in Ubers, Mega Blastoise can now run a powerful Water Spout attack under the Rain which goes very well with its HUGE water cannon design. Drizzle also allows it to combat Sand teams very well, since it would always have the upper hand against Sand setters. While niche, Sticky Web teams go very well with this Mega Evolution.
Type:

Ability: Comatose
Stats: 79 / 103 (+20) / 160 (+60) / 95 (+10) / 125 (+20) / 68 (-10) [630 BST]
Description: Big ol' turtle sleeping in its shell. Bulky spinner immune to status, it's really tanky but lacks damage output and recovery.
Ability: Stance Change
Stats: 79 / 85 (+2) / 140 (+40) / 85 / 140 (+35) / 96 (+18) [630]
Stats (Exposed Form): 79 / 140 / 85 / 140 / 85 / 96 [630]
New Moves: Bulk Up, Calm Mind
Description: Withdrawn (Base) Form: Cannons withdrawn inside shells. Exposed Form: :blastoise-mega:. Able to go either Physical or Special, and has new moves that allow it to set up before it goes into its offensive form. However, unlike Aegislash, it does not have a move that can bring its defenses back, so you need to be careful while using it.
:xy/blastoise-mega:
Mega Blastoise
Typing
:

Ability: Iron Dome (After using a water type attack, the user charges up water. If hit by a contact move, the user releases it, dealing 1/4 damage to the attacker)
Atk: 83 ---> 103 (+10)
Def: 100---> 140 (+40)
SpA: 85 ---> 125 (+40)
Spe:
Description: Embracing Blastoise's role as a spinner, I opted to give it a more defensive stat spread to ensure it could take a large amount of hits while also changing its ability to embrace said role as a bulky spinner. With this modified Gulp Missile, Mega blastoise can spam its water moves all while gaining missile charges, which allows it to defeat various kinds of physical attackers in the tier, while still having a respectable yet exploitable Spd.
Type:

Ability: Misty Surge
Stats: 79 / 83 / 130 (+30) / 135 (+50) / 105 / 98 (+20) [630 BST]
New Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Moonblast, Misty Terrain, Taunt
Description: I originally wanted to do Drizzle Blastoise, but someone already did that, so let's go for another field effect. Water/Fairy is a great typing right now, allowing Mega Blastoise to check Lopunny, Houndoom, and soft check Glalie and Lucario. This makes Blastoise a great physical wall to have even with its continued lack of recovery. Blastoise would basically play like a PhysDef Tapu Fini, removing hazards and being a sturdy but temporary roadblock that fits on balance or bulky offense teams, which is why Taunt and Draining Kiss were added, plus a slight Speed boost to make Taunt more appealing. High SpA keeps Blastoise from being passive, especially since it can't Scald burn for 5 turns.

Last edited:
:venusaur-mega:: Tanny89k, Skippergamez, Gravity Monkey, Megaflareon, Anaconja, Original, Jayballester,
:charizard-mega-y:: Tanny89k, Anaconja, Original, Mega Flareon, Yoshiblaze
:blastoise-mega:: Anaconja, Gekokeso (SV), DIB, |-Deepblue-|, Ema Skye, Tanny89k

Last edited:
Venusaur: Gravity Monkey, Yoshiblaze, Double Iron Bash
Charizard: Yoshiblaze, Original, Tanny89k, Anaconja
Blastoise: Yoshiblaze, I-Deepblue-I, jayballester, Gekokeso

Venusaur: Yoshiblaze, Double Iron Bash, Gravity Monkey
Charizard: Tanny89k, MegaFlareon (SV), anaconja, Yoshiblaze
Blastoise: I-Deepblue-I, MegaFlareon (SV), Ema Skye, Yoshiblaze

:venusaur-mega:: Yoshiblaze, Tanny89k (SV), Double Iron Bash, Original
:charizard-mega-y:: Gravity Monkey, Tanny89k (SV), anaconja
:blastoise-mega:: Yoshiblaze, MegaFlareon, Gekokeso

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)