Gen 6 CAP Tournament [Winner Rat With Wings]

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Gen 6 CAP Tournament

Welcome to the first Gen 6 CAP tournament of 2019! For those unfamiliar with the format, Gen 6 CAP follows the current Gen 6 OU banlist with the addition of CAP mons 1-22 (Syclant to Kerfluffle) as legal. In addition to this, all Gen 7 CAP Updates and the recent Crucibelle nerf does not apply to Gen 6 CAP, so whip out your Earth Power Tomohawks and remember your Arghonauts fondly! However, no updates also means Aurumoth has Illusion and will absolutely rule over us if we let it, so this tournament will vary slightly from the standard Gen 6 CAP banlist. Aurumoth is banned for this tournament. Even if your Aurumoth is not an Illusionmoth, it is still banned, no exceptions.
Rules:
  • This is a single elimination Bo3 tournament.
  • Replays must be saved and submitted, otherwise a coinflip will be used to determine the victor regardless of the result of the matches.
  • Activity calls will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. If an extension is needed to complete your matches you may ask but must post in the thread.
  • Schedule your matches promptly and respond to your opponents. If a player fails to communicate then the match will not be coin flipped but given to the player who actively tried to schedule their matches.
  • Matches should be played on Pokemon Showdown or Smogtours.
  • Use the challengeable [Gen 6] CAP format for your matches and not the [Gen 6] Custom Game format.
  • Aurumoth is banned from the tournament. Do not use it in your matches or else you're out of the tournament. If both players bring Aurumoth then they're both disqualified from the tour for not reading the rules.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Round 1
Funbot28 vs Rat With Wings
akaFila vs Magma
snake_rattler vs Heaven Jay
Jho vs hoblaph

Deadline is Sunday, March 17th

Sorry for the delay on getting this started, IRL has been particular hectic this week and I just straight up forgot about this. I extended the deadline in case I inconvenienced anyone, plus sign ups were smaller than I expected so we're not set back a lot regardless.

As always get your matches in quickly and contact even quicker. You'll have plenty of time to get matches in this round so I'm expecting zero johning from here on out. Don't forget that Aurumoth is banned for the purpose of this tournament.

Good luck to everyone and enjoy your matches!

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
Heaven Jay won activity over snake_rattler.

Both Magma and akaFila failed to get their matches in. No confirmation of contact was posted in this thread and any scheduling was done outside of visible channels. On top of that, neither player asked for an extension. Therefore, both players have been disqualified for making no effort to participate in the tour. This decision was made to avoid one player getting a free pass into the final round on part of an inactive opponent.

This means that the next round will be the final round, which will be a round robin between Heaven Jay, Rat With Wings, and Jho.

Final Round
Rat With Wings vs Jho vs Heaven Jay
Since this is a round robin, make sure you schedule with both your opponents for this round. Whoever has the most wins between the three will win the tour. Please contact promptly and get your matches in. This is also one last reminder that Aurumoth is banned for this tour.

Now with all the housekeeping done, good luck to you three!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)