Gen 5 OU Team

Hi guys, here is my first ( succesfull attempt ) at a competetive team.
My team:

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf ( couldn't find a Rotom Wash sprite )
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Rotom-Wash mostly comes in to do a Volt Switch and switches out. Hydro Pump is there for STAB and to take down ground Pokemon who expect a Volt Switch. Trick is there to make walls like Ferrothorn and other Blissey's useless for the rest of the match. With the Hidden Power i was thinking about replacing it with Hidden Power [Ice] because Gliscor's have been giving me trouble and this tier is filled with dragon's that don't like Ice, and i already have a few fire type moves in this team.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Heatran acts as my physical wall in this team. Lava plume is for defeating Scizor's, Ferrothorn's and other Pokemon that hate to burn. Protect for stalling out turns if i need to. Roar is for pokemon that are trying to set up on me and Stealth Rocks for entry hazards speaks for itself. I run Leftovers above Air Balloon because getting a bit of recovery every turn is useful and works pretty well with Protect, and when your Air Balloon pops you have no item for the rest of the match.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
This Garchomp set is pretty standard. If Garchomp gets the chance to set up a Swords Dance or two it's basicly good game. Earthquake and Outrage for STAB and Fire Fang is for coverage. Jolly Nature over Adamant because that will make sure he outspeeds most of the Pokemon in the tier and with Swords Dance you don't really need more Attack. The Lum Berry is equipped so it can still continue sweeping after he did his Outrage and if someone tries to put me asleep or poison me the Lum Berry can cure it.
This Pokemon is a good end game sweeper if the steel types are knocked out.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Roost
Latias is my special sweeper here. Draco Meteor for STAB and Surf is there for coverage. Psyshock over Psychic so Blissey's can't wall it. Roost is there if i need healing. This Pokemon speaks for it self so i don't need to explain alot.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
Again there's not much to explain. Wish Protect combo is useful for stalling. Seismic Toss is for a bit of damage and so it isn't Taunt bait and Toxic for poisining stuff. This pink blob is also a switch in for incoming status affects with it's ability.

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Fake Out
- Taunt
Mienshou is usually my lead since it does well against almost everything that isn't a Ghost or Flying type ( and you don't see those very often ). Fake out is usually my first turn move to get off some free damage. Taunt is usually the next turn move i use so the opponent can't set up or throw it's entry hazards at me. U-turn is for psychic types and gives a free switch. U-Turn also works great with it's great speed that allows it to outspeed most of the metagame. High Jump Kick is there for STAB and allows me to kill of most leads or at least let them live with low HP. Mienshou works great with garchomp since High Jump Kick can kill most of the steel types and allow Garchomp to keep on Outraging.

Weaknesses:
The lack of priority moves aside from Fake Out can be really annoying when facing a faster Pokemon. Also as i said Gliscor's can give me quite some problems and i haven't seen it yet but Conkelderp could maybe sweep my entire time because Heatran has a fighting weakness. I also lack a Rapid Spinner but i don't really need one since most my Pokemon don't have a Stealth Rock weakness.

Ow sorry i now see that Blissey and Latias exist of only two lines. They were three lines but it seems that it turned into two lines.

On your rotom, i would change Hp fire to Hp Ice as you already have mienshao for attacking steel types and you have heatran to take the grass type moves. Changing Hp fire to Hp ice would allow you to hit dragons for super effective damage without risking being outsped by fellow dragons and still hit grass types. Also, since you seem to use Latias as an attacker, Id recomend Specs Latios for more damage. Id make the set something like this

Latios @ Choice Specs

Nature: Modest
4 hp 252 Spa 252spe

Draco Meteor
Surf
Psystrike
Hidden power Fighting

Draco meteor is powerful and will hit extremely hard latios is really specially strong
Surf is just there for coverage
Psystrike Is stab and aloows you to hit Blissey and other special walls
Smogon says hp fire is better here, but Hp fighting hits dark and ice, two types you are weak to. You also have heatran for taking grass attcks with ease

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)