Gen 3 Battle Frontier Record thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Also includes R/S Battle Tower!*

Welcome, one and all! This thread is for posting your records on the many battle facilities inside the Battle Frontier. This is for Gen 3 Battle Frontier records only. For the battle subway record thread(Which also contains Gen 4 Battle Frontier Records), go here.

This thread does very well share the same rules as the Battle Subway thread though. Clearly post your streak and what facility it was in, and give information about your team. Pictures of your team/record make it all the better. Also, feel free to post any useful information you may find throughout your streaks. If you make the top 3 in any facility, a picture or some sort of visual proof probably will be required. Also, please state if the streak was level 50 or Open Level, so I can title it accordingly.

Again, like the Battle Subway thread, we don't like cheaters. If you've cheated in your streak in any way at all, you should stay away.

Before we start, you may want to look at these two links below. These will provide useful information about the Battle Frontier. If you have any other links you deem useful to the Battle Frontier, post them here and if they are informative enough, I'll put them here and give you credit for it.

A complete list of all the Pokemon found in the Emerald Battle Frontier.(Big thanks to Hozu for this, also, you will need excel or another program similar to excel to open the spreadsheet.)

A list of wild Pokemon found in the Battle Pyramid, all the way to round 20.(Thanks to Expert Evan for this.)

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

I achieved a streak of 137 in Emerald's Battle Tower Singles using this team. It was ended by a Medicham with Endure, Reversal and a Salac Berry, because I used Meteor Mash when I should've used Agility.
I bred these on Emerald using RNG Reporter and EonTimer. They are all level 100 and have six IV's of 31, except Swampert, who's Special Attack has 30. Its IV's give Hidden Power Electric. I have a clone with Earthquake, Ice Beam, Rock Slide and Hidden Power Electric, but the streak ended at 66 when I used that one.
I used these instead of any pseudo-legendaries because I don't have the Eon Ticket, and I don't want to risk using the Pomeg glitch to get it because I have my SID and can breed flawless shinies on this cartridge, so I won't reset its save file or risk corrupting data, which leaves me with Lati's that have awful stats. Although I do have both a shiny Mild Latias and a shiny Mild Latios that each have a PID of 55920000 and grant access to Mirage Island on any Emerald file that was started with an already-dead internal battery, their stats are still too low to be of further use. They were caught in Ruby and Sapphire, both with Premier Balls.

Slaking (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Truant
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball
- Aerial Ace

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 56 Def / 128 SpA / 56 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 SpA
- Earthquake
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Protect

I used this site; http://pokestudio.altervista.org/defevs.php and raised Swampert's defenses to the next tier up after maxing its HP, then used the nature and the rest of the EVs to balance its offenses.
Strategy's pretty simple. Usually OHKO with Slaking, switch to Metagross and explode, then bring Slaking back out for the win.
After Slaking OHKO's on the first turn, switch to Metagross if possible, but switch to Swampert if Forretress, Scizor, Skarmory or any electric, ground or fire types came out, then get the KO and sacrifice Swampert to their last pokemon so you can bring out Metagross. However, if Swampert is ever out against anything that can raise any stats, switch immediately to KO as quickly as possible.
If their lead is Jolteon, or if Slaking can't OHKO on the first turn because their lead is Forretress, Scizor or Skarmory, then switch to Swampert.
If Slaking can't OHKO on the first turn because their lead is Snorlax, Dewgong, Lapras or any Protect user, or if their lead is Gengar or anything else that out-speeds Slaking and might use status moves, then switch to Metagross.
This team's biggest threat is probably Registeel with Double Team. Regardless of the other three attacks, whether it has Curse, Rest, Toxic, Counter, Focus Punch or anything else, DT Registeel always takes luck to beat, no matter who it comes out against, even if it comes out while your whole team is perfectly healthy. Always just spam Earthquake and hope for the best.

When battling Anabel the second (or third) time, I switched to Swampert on the first turn, used Earthquake until Raikou used Rest, used its Lum Berry, used Rest again and was left at <50% HP, then switched to Metagross. I used Agility and Earthquake to finish sleeping Raikou, then Explosion when Snorlax was sent out. I sent out Slaking and used Double Edge on Latios for the win.

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My record is only 70 so it will get quickly overtaken, but I'm confident that I could take this team for at least another 70 wins if not more with the right preparation (full details in this thread).

With CM Cune leading, Amnesia CurseLax seconding, and Band Mence covering fighting types (and checking band normals) there's very few things that can actually beat this team. The only ones that come to mind are CurseLax (biggest threat requiring own Lax to win the critical war or stall out mega kicks), multiple crits from CM raikou into amnesia lax, a CB normal that crits 2/3 mega kicks to KO both mence and cune, or a lucky quick claw ohko dewgong. Everything else can be reliably handled in some fashion, the safest route often being to pp stall the only threatening attack with Suicune before going for a sweep.

As I said full details are in the thread but in brief, Suicune lead with leftovers, surf, ice beam, calm mind, rest; Snorlax with Chesto Berry, body slam, curse, amnesia, rest; Salamence with choice band and aerial ace, rock slide, earthquake, and double edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)