Project [Gen 1] Random Battle Blitz Discussion Thread (Monthly Spotlight 4)

What would you like to see as the next Random Battles Monthly Spotlight ladder? (See post for info)

• [BDSP] Random Battle

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • [Gen 6] First Blood Random Battle

Votes: 48 44.0%
  • [Gen 1] Blitz Random Battle

Votes: 54 49.5%
  • [Gen 8] Challenge Cup 6v6

Votes: 18 16.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Hello and welcome to the next...

Monthly Spotlight Ladder!

The Monthly Spotlight Ladder's purpose is simple: to give formats that would not otherwise have one a chance to be played on a wider scale. Each month, four options will be given, and the winner after a week of voting will have its own ladder for a month!

YOU MAY VOTE FOR MULTIPLE FORMATS!

Information for First Blood:
The first player who loses a Pokemon loses the match. Go for the KO!

!IMPORTANT! Ladder Contest Information

Each month, in addition to the Spotlight ladder, the Random Battles room will host a contest to see who can get the highest ELO across the month! Please post screenshots of your highest ladder peak in the Ladder Peaks thread! Whoever has obtained the highest ladder peak of all time at the end of the month wins! The winner will obtain Room Prize Winner (^) rank for one month and get to choose a format for the next available Monthly Spotlight voting! (In fact, one of the formats this month was picked by Month 1's winner!)

Rules and additional details:
- Ladder peaks posted in this thread will not be counted. Please post them in the other thread that will be out when the ladder is released. Additional rules on the ladder contest are in its respective thread.
- When selecting a format to vote on as the winner, you will have a wide array of options, from modded variants of ladders that already exist, to formats that are challenge-only, to formats that don't exist at all! However, these are subject to coding limitations, and formats that have recently been a monthly spotlight cannot be voted on again for several months.
- This thread is open for discussion. Stay cordial, follow all site rules.
- Only votes in the poll above will count. Please do not type your vote out in a reply.
- Voting will end November 30th.

Last edited:

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Used to pretty much main Gen 1 Random Battles so it's nice to see Blitz highlighted. I've never played Blitz before for any meta so it's been super fun getting that skill working. I'll probably try and grind for the ladder peaks thread at some point, but in the meantime I'd like to throw down a win streak challenge to anyone who's feeling up to it.

gen1blitz.PNG

Made it to 13 wins before my first loss on this account. Beat that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)