Gassing Up Your LEAST Favorite Pokémon

Something about Sunflora
It's always smiling and happy to the point where its happiness is infectious. Seeing Sunflora will always make my day. Just look at it.

Doesn't it make you happy?

Requesting Delphox.
Fire-types are cool. Psychic-types are cool. Foxes are cute and cunning. Magic is always a great sight to see. Delphox is all of those! Also it has a fantastic cry.

Can anyone hype up Landorus-T without mentioning any of its competitive capabilities?

Ah...Spongebob
Something with a nefariously nostalgia biased fanbase
But despite that, the memes are great, and GF seems to have finally noticed
What better way to reference a meme than using it as part of their design? Cue Dialga Origin

This massive beast has the "choker" to blast away any that dare oppose. Its impressive forelegs can scrape streams in the timeline, as it freely soars despite defying all known laws of aviation. Yet despite this intimidating face, its cry is still shrill and high pitched, showing humbleness in NOT being the perfect mon like Golduck

Also Dialga > Palkia

Remember Escavalier, who flies around at high speeds with a Base Speed stat of 20?
*checks bulbapedia* sorry what
truly a vikavolt case before vikavolt existed

I’ll be real, there aren’t a lot of Pokémon I don’t like but when searching through the dex I came about Mega Audino, and I thought huh, maybe it it has some small niche in stall with good bulk and regenerator but then you realize mega audino has healer, what the f*** do you want me to do with mega audino
Cute in a not-weird way, and a subtle yet good shiny. I am planning to shiny hunt for one once I finish Ultra Sun.

Bellibolt and Thundurus-Incarnate
Bellibolt is adorable. Thundurus-Incarnate has basically no redeeming qualities (except for in competitive). Enough said.
Thundo-T is a cool design though.

Fire-types are cool. Psychic-types are cool. Foxes are cute and cunning. Magic is always a great sight to see. Delphox is all of those! Also it has a fantastic cry.
True facts, I did choose Delphox for my X playthrough.
and before ANYONE here says "oH mY gOsH a fUrRy" I will make it known that I severely dislike Incineroar.

Gas up Cinderace, and if you want an extra challenge, do not mention anything about Libero, Pyro Ball, or Court Change
The only other fire starter I would pick, and it is pretty cool also.
EDIT: Other than that I got nothing lol.

Last edited:

Bull Of Heaven

99 Pounders / 4'3" Feet
is a Pre-Contributor
Thundurus-Incarnate has basically no redeeming qualities (except for in competitive). Enough said.
Okay but Thundurus-I is a fascinating Pokemon in competitive. Specifically VGC, which is the only format I've played much this gen. It has two completely different sets (Defiant physical attacker, Prankster support) that are both completely viable. Which means it can slot nicely into a lot of teams and force some interesting mindgames. Some players have even used hybrid sets here and there. I'm not sure SWSH VGC has any other mon quite like it.

Challenge Mode: Hype up Garbodor without mentioning its GMax form.
unironically one of my favorite mons so i'll take this one

First, getting the most common complaint out of the way: being "literal garbage" is not actually a problem or even unique to Garbodor. Trash monsters are a cool concept on their own and a staple in everything from RPGs to kaiju movies, we've always had inanimate object Pokemon, and we've always had "toxic waste" mons specifically, which i don't see getting the same hate (maybe a little for Muk but nowhere near as common or as vehement as the anti-Garbodor crowd in my experience). Garbodor even completes a trio with Weezing and Muk: we started with liquid waste/water pollution and gaseous waste/air pollution, and now we got solid waste/land pollution to round out the set.

All that aside, Garbodor's design itself is actually pretty rad. The walleyed stare, lumpy amorphous body, and little "ears" give it a "little kid's crudely scribbled drawing" kinda feel to it, which is adorable. i love the juxtaposition of that innocent vibe with jagged teeth (i always imagined them as shards of broken glass) and a decomposing body, complete with an exposed "skeleton" in those metal elements. The combination of comically cute and grotesquely monstrous traits is just incredibly appealing. Garbodor's face, pattern, and body shape/proportions even evoke the image of Totoro, only twisted from a nature spirit into a rotting garbage monster, and they've played with that imagery in the anime if i remember right. It comes off as an affectionate parody of an iconic character while still being unique and immediately recognizable on its own merits instead of leaning too much on its inspiration to give the design any meaning or appeal. It's tricky to strike that balance, but they pulled it off well. The asymmetry of the arms is a nice touch too, a little something to make it stand out more compared to other mons while playing into the whole "unnatural trash beast" concept and "child's drawing" look. The one thing I'd change if i could would be to give us a little more detail and variety in the trash bits sticking out of its body - a tin can here, a fish skeleton there, a broken toy somewhere else - but even without those finishing touches, Garbodor's design just drips with personality.

tl;dr the killer mutant dust bunnies are delightfully creepy-cute, genuinely fantastic monster design here. a real challenge mode would be Lucario or Indeedee, i can't think of a single good thing about either of them

tl;dr the killer mutant dust bunnies are delightfully creepy-cute, genuinely fantastic monster design here. a real challenge mode would be Lucario or Indeedee, i can't think of a single good thing about either of them
indeedeedee-dee dee-deedee

Anyways, Indeedee-F is a cutie patootie. Also they both do the “male and female have different roles” better than Meowstic

Also they both do the “male and female have different roles” better than Meowstic
how do you figure? if anything it's the other way around. Meowstic at least stands out from the crowd in that the female is more offensive and the male plays a supportive role, subverting expectations set by other dimorphic monster pairs with a more offensive and/or more physically inclined male. contrast that with Indeedee, which gets an offensively oriented male with sharp hips and a defensive/supportive female with big round hips and assigned babysitting duty according to the Pokedex entries. it's boring and uninspired, just arbitrary gender stereotypes hamfistedly mapped onto cartoon animals for no apparent reason, and the supposed butler/maid theme I've heard people use to try and justify the different roles for male vs female doesn't really show through in the visual design so it's not even "better" at being dimorphic visually. Meowstic doesn't need to fall back on ridiculously exaggerated hips to be sexually dimorphic - a bold difference in color scheme and a few subtler details keep the male and female looking distinct (more so than Indeedee if anything) to match their different movepools without trying to map human anatomy or stereotypes onto a nonhuman creature

Last edited:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack

Heatmor, the Pokemon that can always get OHKOed by its supposed prey that it has a x4 advantage against. (Seriously. Durant always knows Dig or Guillotine in the wild.) The only kind thing I can think of it it's the bulkiest Leppa Berry+Recycle user for Restricted Sparring Fire Teams. Even then, that's saying next to nothing. The only other option is Blacephalon. (If only Delphox was in SwSh...)

Assume I'm the Grinch with this one. I saw Christmas decorations for sale on October 6th when getting booster shots at Walmart. That's ONLY 2 Days closer to Christmas than St. Patrick's Day is. That's not Delibird's fault, but just please don't use Christmas to defend this Mall Santa. I'd say the typing making Ice and Fighting attacks neutral makes the typing okay for Mono Flying and Mono Ice, but it has a 330 BST and less physical bulk than Jynx.

How is Pokemon rated E with that animation? Not going to try to look on the bright side with this one!

Wobbuffet
It might have been comic relief in gen 2, but the mon has moved on from just interrupting an interesting battle (outside the anime anyway, but you shouldn't trust that at all in the first place).

There is always a place for hyperspecialized gimmicks. It gives a player an opportunity to question their assumptions about what makes something efficient. You look at a mon that can't directly attack and you think to yourself "there's no way that could possibly work, right?" But then you think deeper, about what can enable it, and what it can enable. Sometimes these gimmicks fail, despite everything being put into them, we all remember that Shedinja is niche at best. And I wouldn't call Wobbuffet niche, but I wouldn't call it useless either nor is it merely viable. Wobbuffet brings competitive to its knees. Where an attacking stat of 150 is middling, the potential damage coming off base 33 offenses must still be accounted for. Wobbuffet doesn't just provide the opportunity to reevaluate assumptions, it forces that reevaluation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)