Pokémon Gardevoir

f.png

(NOTE: i made a mistake Assault Vest set, Its Moonblast, Focus Blast, Psychic, Thunderbolt) ill edit it tommorow when i got time)
Psychic Fairy
Base Stats:

HP: 68
Attack: 65
Defense: 65
Sp. Atk.: 125
Sp. Def: 115
Speed: 80

Notable Moves:
-Calm mind
-ThunderBolt
-Focus Blast
-Psychic
-Psyshock
-Healing Wish
-Trick
-Trick Room
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Mystical Fire
-Memento
-Will o Wisp
-Taunt

:gardevoir: Gardevoir is not a very good pokemon in [GEN 9 OU] it dropped to the [UU] tier due to lack of usage and being overshadowed by Iron valiant, but how good was it ACTUALLY? :gardevoir:

So gardevoir has plenty of sets it can run and the main ones i usually see is Leftovers, Life orb, Choice scarf and in rare cases , Choice specs , weakness policy (works mostly in UU due to powercreep of OU) EVEN ASSAULT VEST!! and be under trick room or in best cases, under sticky web support , teammates that help it set up / clean or sweep the opposing team AND it can use These tera types: Steel , Fairy , Fire , Fighting
Sets:
Leftovers , Life orb , Choice scarf :
1670226845113.png

Weakness Policy , Choice specs , Chi-Yu killer (Assault vest):
1670227355831.png

Now The Importables:
https://pokepast.es/73bcd0f35e3bce4f

Now's the answer, HOW GOOD WAS GARDEVOIR ACTUALLY?, well it has some decent above medium coverage moves, A LOT of sets it can use and so much ways it can utilize its stats and movepool, with alot of great teammates to support it no matter what sets it ran, and even the tera types it uses have a very good defensive synergy with its current typing, so it can take attacks if its outsped and fire back with powerful blasts and psychics and Tera blast; Fire for steel types , Steel for opposing Valiants / Fairys and rocks and bugs , And Fighting And Fire to beat steel types and others...
Words can't describe how good gardevoir is.... but numbers can 7.25/10

and here it is, one of the most underrated mons in the new Metagames getting its own thread by a scyther fan with a misdreavous pfp cuz i like misdreavous, anyways peace! [i got approval from ausma don't lock this :c ] and my grammar good

Last edited:
Gardevoir could learn Recover in Legends Arceus and I'm very annoyed that it apparently can't do so in Scarlet/Violet because that could be just the one thing it needs to finally be a decent bulky attacker.

Here's hoping it gets some good recovery option once move tutors are introduced

Gardevoir could learn Recover in Legends Arceus and I'm very annoyed that it apparently can't do so in Scarlet/Violet because that could be just the one thing it needs to finally be a decent bulky attacker.

If I'm not mistaken, it could also learn Ice Beam (not sure if it needed it tho, moonblast probably hits dragons as hard as a 4x Ice attack would). Maybe once Home for S/V is released, Garde can cave a niche for itself with the Arceus moves, but IMHO it will probably find itself in RU/NU, maybe UU.

Now to talk about the post.

Thanks for sharing so many sets! Will probably try the assault vest once, as a surprise factor to the Chi-Yu's flying around. I'd swap the Focus Blast for Aura Sphere but I guess it loses some OHKO's because of that

maybe once pokemon home is compatible with LA you can transfer recover from LA to S/V

Speaking of Healing Wish, if any set is going to be running Healing Wish, it’s Scarf.

Moonblast is near mandatory, and Thunderbolt is very good in matchups where Trace is useful, Psychic/Shock can be slashed with Mystical Fire or Shadow Ball for Gholdengo, and the last slot should be Trick or Healing Wish.

The former heavily cripple Annihilape and Dondozo, whereas the latter is just Revival Blessing. Also I’m a Healing Wish connoisseur.

Edit:
Hazardous Scyther
You can do Mence I guess.
I already edited my post in the reservation thread

Last edited:
Speaking of Healing Wish, if any set is going to be running Healing Wish, it’s Scarf.

Moonblast and Thunderbolt are near mandatory for where Trace is useful, Psychic/Shock can be slashed with Mystical Fire or Shadow Ball for Gholdengo, and the last slot should be Trick or Healing Wish.

The former heavily cripple Annihilape and Dondozo, whereas the latter is just Revival Blessing. Also I’m a Healing Wish connoisseur.
thanks for the advide, also you doing a salamence thread or no?

Gardevoir really struggles in the current atmosphere. It is pretty slow and very vulnerable to priority and physical attacks. The only set that is worth mentioning is a Choice Scarf set with Healing Wish/MoonBlast/Psyshock/Shadow Ball. It hits just enough speed to outspeed all unboosted pokemon. Pretty much all other sets get thrashed and aren't worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)