Tournament Game Boy Solomod Team Tour (Won by Caramella Baguettes!)

Gangsta Spongebob

"Mama I'm a Criminal" - Badass Smoking Caterpillar
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2customgame-1675224067
won, sorry for the miss with terrakion on aerodactyl, you just won...
anyway thanks to iKiQ for the teams, and telling me about this tour, it was fun anyway
thanks to Akeras for being the other teammate
"Unfortunate" doesn't begin to describe my series, this game rewards blind luck and nothing else, I am beyond convinced at this point. After getting completely blessed by scheduling with my opponent meeting schedules times and providing confirmation prior to the day of the match as to play times, losing this way somehow felt even worse than I had thought possible. My preparation was superior, my play was superior, and I lost, so I don't see a reason to continue engaging in an activity where what is within my control is overwhelmingly outweighed by what is not.

I am done with competitive Pokemon, and you won't get a fond farewell. This community is infected to its roots with a degenerative disease that grows stronger over time but stops short of killing its host. Tournaments used to have a competitive spirit at their heart, this has been transplanted and replaced with an artificial organ that feeds on vitriol and mockery from insecure little boys that heckle by the sidelines and tear each other to shreds over scraps of attention. The environment we fostered has trapped us all like this in a vicious cycle, and escaping it requires acceptance of the harshest reality we all scramble to explain away, that none of the countless straining efforts we put ourselves through here will ever amount to one single shining glimmer of significance. I would make this the end, but the development of RBY ZU is still ongoing, and I would never leave so many great friends out to dry, so I'll suffer through a few more games for them.

One last thing before I leave you all to react with disdain, ridicule, and self-righteous fervor, before you do everything in your power to minimize my words and thoughts, box them up and shove them to some cobwebbed corner of your memory, and hope they disappear forever as a stain on your finite time ground to dust. From this moment on, nothing you say matters to me. The foulest insults you hurl with intent to wound will calmly settle at the earth before my feet, and the venom you spit will bring all the pain of a warm summer breeze. You are less than anything you can conceive, while I carry on, brimming with joy distilled from detachment.

Copypastas aside, this tour was an absolute blast. While me and my team didn't win unfortunately, I still had loads of fun playing the different metas. gz to the Caramella Baguettes for winning, irrespective of rng their win was well-deserved, and thank you to them and everyone else who participated in the tour and gave us great games. I look forward to more tours like this in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)