Frozen clock

So i was battling along in ubers, and faced this guy who took some personal exception to his loss. Towards the end the clocks became frozen and he never made a move. Note i carefully went and made sure i h ad moves selected, but neither of our clocks ran down. He implied he did this. Next battle same thing, loss on his part+abusive language+frozen clocks. I pmed tay about the first battle and the second seemed to resolve after 10+ minutes(possibly the guy left.)

Although short of videotaping shoddy+independent clock im not sure how to prove this, is this known bug? Its actually a very typical technique of online games to avoid rating loss, just havnt seen it on shoddy till now

I did check the bug tracker

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
This has happened to me a couple of times, but it not with people wanting to stop a loss. I was loosing like 6-1 and the other guys clock stopped, I tried talking to him but it seemed like he was just gone. I left the game and I pm'd him, and he thought I was doing it. If it is some random bug though there is not much that is going to be done about it, and is probably going to be fixed in shoddy 2

I'm not sure how its done (nor would I publically state the method if I did), but people can do this intentionally. It's not entirely 'random.'

(TwT)" I do hope that "wasn't" me, I tend to get a sudden lag in a battle. When I do, I get disconnected....:( I'm so sorry for causing all these uncomfortable problems...Nya~

This is something that has happened to me a lot of times on Shoddy Battle. I believe this "frozen clock" occurs when a player switches in a pokemon after his/her last has fainted without selecting a move to use. A lot of players do this on the server all the time to prevent the other side from winning. I can even name some players whom I have played against and has done this to me.

I'm not sure how its done (nor would I publically state the method if I did), but people can do this intentionally. It's not entirely 'random.'
Thats what i thought....i guess this thread has run its course if the staff is aware of this.

(TwT)" I do hope that "wasn't" me, I tend to get a sudden lag in a battle. When I do, I get disconnected....:( I'm so sorry for causing all these uncomfortable problems...Nya~
Dont worry, this is most definitively not you. The opponent did not lag out

Geez groudonmewtwo i hope that doesnt actually work. Why the hell would you post that publicly :/ this thread is for staff awareness not user awareness....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)