From Untiereds to Ubers

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Pokémon: Lapras
Abilities: Shell Armor / Drizzle / Insulated
Custom Ability Description (if applicable): Insulated - Heatproof clone for Electric-type attacks
Stats: 120/120/80/120/80/80 (600 BST)
Added Moves: Calm Mind, Liquidation, Icicle Crash, Recover
Removed Moves: Rocket Surfing, Shell Smash
Competitive (niche in Ubers): These changes keep Lapras's original premise of setup-based wallbreaking, while giving it higher defensive stats to take hits. Shell Smash was removed to reduce the need for low stats, but it still has offensive Dragon Dance and bulky Calm Mind sets to work with. Insulated allows Lapras to be a good check to Kyogre-Primal.

Pokémon: Persian
Abilities: Limber / Technician / Sheer Force
Stats: 69/129/69/129/69/139 (604 BST)
Added Moves: Shadow Punch, Tri Attack
Removed Moves: Nasty Plot
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Retaining its high speed, Persian is rebranded as an anti-offense revenge killer who can use mixed sets with Technician (using Fake Out and Shadow Punch) or Sheer Force (using Tri Attack and Shadow Ball). Nasty Plot is removed to encourage all-out attacking sets or choiced sets.

Pokémon: Spinda
Typing: Normal/Fighting
Abilities: Unaware / Own Tempo / Contrary
Stats: 100/115/95/80/95/115 (600 BST)
Removed Moves: Psycho Boost
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Spinda is a much more effective Contrary user due to its Superpower STAB and decent coverage options. It can't hit Ghost-types very well, though.

in, pst

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Pokémon: Lapras
Abilities: Shell Armor / Drizzle / Insulated
Custom Ability Description (if applicable): Insulated - Heatproof clone for Electric-type attacks
Stats: 120/120/80/120/80/80 (600 BST)
Added Moves: Calm Mind, Liquidation, Icicle Crash, Recover
Removed Moves: Rocket Surfing, Shell Smash
Competitive (niche in Ubers): These changes keep Lapras's original premise of setup-based wallbreaking, while giving it higher defensive stats to take hits. Shell Smash was removed to reduce the need for low stats, but it still has offensive Dragon Dance and bulky Calm Mind sets to work with. Insulated allows Lapras to be a good check to Kyogre-Primal.

Pokémon: Persian
Abilities: Limber / Technician / Sheer Force
Stats: 69/129/69/129/69/139 (604 BST)
Added Moves: Shadow Punch, Tri Attack
Removed Moves: Nasty Plot
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Retaining its high speed, Persian is rebranded as an anti-offense revenge killer who can use mixed sets with Technician (using Fake Out and Shadow Punch) or Sheer Force (using Tri Attack and Shadow Ball). Nasty Plot is removed to encourage all-out attacking sets or choiced sets.

Pokémon: Spinda
Typing: Normal/Fighting
Abilities: Unaware / Own Tempo / Contrary
Stats: 100/115/95/80/95/115 (600 BST)
Removed Moves: Psycho Boost
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Spinda is a much more effective Contrary user due to its Superpower STAB and decent coverage options. It can't hit Ghost-types very well, though.

in, pst
Great to know you are in, but the voting isn’t over. I can definitely just have you update the next post after I close voting by just letting you copy and paste (people will instinctively not look before someone closes a vote slate, so they might miss yours - so I think copy and pasting in your next post will be fine).

We are taking more signups, and I am glad you will participate! Cool buff on Lapras by the way.

With Jerry’s ban, is see it’s as a way to honor his idea.
Does Limber or Own Tempo have any viability? What about giving it something that will serve as 3rd option? Otherwise we may as well not add anything that will never be used.

More unnecessary work for Scoopapa to have to code stuff no one will use (not knocking your ideas, just that we don’t need a third ability if no one will bother using it).

Since Persian has Technician will you give it any low power moves that it can get a buff on? Such as Frost Breathe, Storm Throw or multi-hit moves? Is Technican viable?

I just want only viable options on Pokemon for this be a direct buff, keeping anything that won’t help it is not going to be something we need to bother with.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
VOTING RESULTS:
Trick or Treat?
Riddle!

Step 1: View my Avatar!

Step 2. View the Treat!

Step 3. View the results!
OR
I wanted to show everyone the power of Kindness, and to truly make this day a HAPPY Halloween!
What I have done is secure everyone with multiple votes at least 1 winning slate. This way everyone walks away as a winner! Beeheyam got my 6th vote bc I don’t believe it voting for less than the 6 maximum allotted vote ballot slots.

And add that when we don’t have to worry about as many Re-subs, we can all walk away from Gen 7 knowing what I did for the best of everyone.

So now? BUFFS here we come!
Sincerely,
OM!
SLATE 14 is now open!

Last edited:
1572651296942.gif

Pokémon: Emolga (JOAT: Special Offense, Offensive Support)
Typing: Electric-Ghost
Abilities: Levitate, Competitive, Mold Breaker
Custom Ability Description (if applicable):
Stats: 85 / 95 / 75 / 150 / 75 / 150 (BST 630)
New Moves: Moonblast, Static Signal, Aeroblast, Shadow Ball, Hex, Draco Meteor, Trick
Custom Move Information (if applicable):
Custom Move Description (what effects it has):
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Designed to be the end of all Defoggers, this Pokemon hits them all (with the exception of Castform) Super-effectively (which include Wailord by the way). Electric-type attacks kill them pretty easily, and Fairy attacks dispose of the other one, Salamence, and proceed to set Static Signal in their faces. It also has decent Special Offense and a brilliant Speed that allows it to outspeed the crowded 99 Speed tier and etc.

Support
Emolga @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Static Signal
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt / Aeroblast / Moonblast

All-out Attacker
Emolga @ Life Orb
Modest / Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Aeroblast
- Moonblast
- Roost

Hex
Emolga @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate / Competitive
Modest / Timid Nature
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Hex
- Thunderbolt
- Roost / Aeroblast / Moonblast / Draco Meteor

Annoyer
Emolga @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Hex
- Draco Meteor

Castform: As the only Defogger that Emolga can’t stop, Castform can choose to ignore Emolga altogether and set-up, forcing Emolga to either attack or retreat. The problem is further worsened if Castform has Ice-type moves.

Dark-types: Dark-types like Arceus-Dark, Yveltal and Darkrai can target Emolga’s weaknesses and defeat it.

To add after playtesting

Pokemon that can defeat Castform would make life far easier of Emolga. Good options include Pheromosa and Marshadow. Most teams running Castform would also run Ninjask, so a Primal Groudon would be a safe addition. Good counters to Dark-types like Xerneas would make for a good addition, stopping them from removing Emolga from the match prematurely.

1572857830330.gif

Pokémon: Beartic (Physical Offense)
Typing: Ice-Water
Abilities: Slush Rush, Refrigerate, Swift Swim
Stats: 95 / 140 / 60 / 80 / 80 / 120 (BST 575)
New Moves: Extreme Speed, Storm Throw, Aqua Tail, Soak, Glacial Surround
Custom Move Information (if applicable): Glacial Surround- Ice-type, Physical, Hits all foe’s (2 Versus 2), 110 BP, 90% Acc, 10 PP (max: 16)
Custom Move Description (what effects it has): If Hail is active, the target is partially trapped (traps 4-5 turns).

Z-move: Subzero Slammer, Ice-type, Physical, 200 BP, 100% accuracy.
Competitive (niche in Ubers): This Polar Bear, once mocked at and shunned, is now one of the strongest Pokemon. A huge Attack stat (140) and a high Speed stat (120) makes Beartic extremely hard to stop. Unique sets like Focus Sash Swords Dance can allow Beartic to set-up safely, and proceed to KO the entire team priority Aqua Jet! The possibilities are endless, ranging from Substitute Focus Punch to an all-out set with Aqua Jet, Icicle Crash, Play Rough and Stone Edge. However, Marshadow outspeeds it and can deal huge damage with Close Combat, and Xerneas could potentially tank an unboosted hit and KO back with Thunder or Focus Blast. Despite this, Beartic could be a very dangerous opponent.

Standard
Beartic @ Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Extreme Speed / Icicle Crash
- Storm Throw

Substitute
Beartic @ Leftovers / Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Extreme Speed / Aqua Jet
- Icicle Crash / Stone Edge / Swords Dance

Choice Band
Beartic @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Icicle Crash / Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Storm Throw

Beartic has few true counters, as it’s almost perfect Defensive typing leaves few weaknesses which are hard to find. Zekrom would have been good had Beartic not had Refrigerate-boosted priority in Extreme Speed. This only leaves Fighting-types as the best checks, with the ideal one being Marshadow.

To add later

Pokemon that can handle Fighting-types are the only necessary teammates. Such Pokemon include Xerneas and Ninjask.

1572651377491.gif

Pokémon: Shiinotic (JOAT: Special Offense, Special Defense)
Typing: Grass-Fairy
Abilities: Effect Spore, Fungi Flourish, Sap Sipper
Custom Ability Description (if applicable): All damaging moves have a 50% chance to restore 1/2 damage dealt.
Stats: 120 / 50 / 70 / 125 / 130 / 60 (BST 555)
New Moves: Wish, Psychic, Psyshock, Flash
Pixie Burst: Fairy-type, 100 Base Power, 100% Accuracy, Special, 16 PP. Considers Grass-type in type effectiveness.
Custom Move Description (if applicable): No additional effect

Z-Move - Growing Blast: Fairy-type; 180 Base Power, Special. If successful, inflicts Leech Seed and Paralysis on the target. Considers Grass-type in type effectiveness.
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Shiinotic now has boosted stats and good moves, giving it the ability to function as a two-in-one Special Attacker and Special Wall, and even providing Wish support for it’s teammates, making it extremely flexible. However, weaknesses to common Fire, Ice, Flying, Poison and Steel attacks make some of the most common (and a few uncommon) Pokemon capable of killing it mercilessly, like Groudon-Primal, Kyurem-White, Ninjask, Masquerain and Necrozma-DM, as well as certain Castform sets. This hinders it’s otherwise brilliant stats greatly, and prevents it from being too strong.

Specially Defensive
Shiinotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Fungi Flourish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Pixie Burst
- Toxic
- Synthesis
- Spore / Strength Sap

Substitute
Shiinotic @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Substitute
- Growth
- Pixie Burst
- Spore

Wish
Shiinotic @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Pixie Burst
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Assault Vest
Shiinotic @ Assault Vest
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Pixie Burst
- Sludge Bomb
- Signal Beam / Charge Beam
- Psychic / Psyshock

Funny meme team 1
Shiinotic @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Pixie Burst

Funny meme team 2
Shiinotic @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Flash
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Pixie Burst

Fire-types: Groudon-Primal kill Shiinotic easily if it has Fire Punch, as its high Attack stats is more than enough for Shiinotic’s abysmal Defense.

Ninjask: Ninjask can use Sound Burst and it’s high Attack stat to OHKO Shiinotic.

Steel-types: Steel-type Pokemon can kill Shiinotic easily: Necrozma-DM and Scizor-Mega are good representatives.

To add later

Pokemon that can KO Groudon-Primal are good partners, as they are usually Ground-types themselves and can defeat Necrozma-DM, another threat to Shiinotic. Premium Ground-type Pokemon that can defeat Groudon-Primal include Arceus-Ground and Zygarde-C. Pokemon that can handle Ninjask well include Groudon-Primal. Alternatively, a simple Stealth Rock setter can deter Ninjask.

Last edited:

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
:sm/simipour:
Pokemon: Simipour
Typing: Water/Dark
Abilities: Mega Launcher Prankster / Sheer Force | HA: Trio Pledge
Stats: 85/100/115/100/85/115 BST: 600
Added Moves: Aura Sphere to what it already has
P.S. Monkeys already get Knock Off from USUM Move Tutor
No idea why this wasn't made to be at 600 BST like the other simis. Going for a more balanced sweeper since it has good physical and special movepools already. Replaced Prankster with Mega Launcher because Simipour has nothing to abuse with Prankster, at least with Mega Launcher it can still hit hard and get Scald burns if it wants to.

:sm/ledian:
Pokemon: Ledian
Typing: Bug/Fighting
Abilities: Swarm / Prankster Early Bird| HA: Huge Power
Stats: 80/65/105/95/135/115 BST: 595
Added Moves: Haze, Swords Dance (add it back)
It's slightly more usable now. Hitting as hard as Azu was nice, but this is Ubers so the power creep is higher. Got rid of Early Bird for Prankster, since Ledian actually has a decent support movepool to abuse (e.g. Tailwind, Defog, Encore, Screens, Haze etc.). Go Infestation + Toxic if you must. Better bulk and better attack makes this thing more annoying to deal with imo.
edit: The idea of prankster is to give people an alternative to use, although Huge Power will always be the preferred choice.

:sm/maractus:
Pokemon: Maractus
Typing: Grass/Ground
Abilities: Thick Fat Grassy Surge / Iron Barbs Chlorophyll | HA: Storm Drain
Stats: 107/64/112/106/152/70 BST: 621
edit: As much as another Grass-type wallbreaker/sweeper is nice, I think the tier is congested enough with those and could use some walls/sponges instead.
Grassy Surge -> Thick Fat (or whatever clone is better)
Chlorophyll -> Iron Barbs
It's like a Ferrothorn with a bit more offensive presence, can't really set up but doesn't evaporate instantly to a Fire-type move.

edit:
:sm/rapidash:
Also can we please buff Rapidash's attack. 100 is pitiful. Like
252+ Atk Tough Claws Rapidash Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kyogre: 254-300 (74.4 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Rapidash Wild Charge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 256-302 (72.3 - 85.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Rapidash High Horsepower vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Groudon-Primal: 182-216 (53.3 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO that's pitiful
Change attack from 100 to 135

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Due to a high Speed letting it outspeed would-be Checks and counters, as well as new offensive moves in Earthquake and Stone Edge letting it destroy them, Leafeon only has two checks in Beartic and Ninjask.

Just a few mons ranked on the Ubers viability rankings that arguably beat Leafeon better than the mons you listed (how is your version of Beartic a check?). Probably goes without saying that there are plenty of buffed mons that can also do the same.

Anyways here are some buffing ideas

Swalot
Typing:
Poison / Normal
Ability: Regenerator / Gluttony | HA: Guts
Stats: 130 HP / 123 Atk / 115 Def / 103 SpA / 115 SpD / 74 Spe
BST: 660
New Moves: +Recycle +Belly Drum +Quick Attack +Earth Power +Hyper Voice +Curse +Flamethrower
Competitive Niche: You may be looking at the weirdest Pokémon to ever live. Swalot can do a bunch stuff ok, can do a few stuff really well and can try to do one thing to ridiculous effect. Defensive AV sets with Regenerator can go up against most of the special attackers of the tier, while Guts and Curse sets can attempt to have more offensive presence. It even can attempt Belly Drum, but the jury is out on that one.

This got nerfed for absolutely reason, as even in its current state it is a B rank Pokémon at best. After the nerf it couldn't even get ranked. So I just brought it back to its original subbed stat.

Spinda
Typing:
Normal / Fighting
Ability: Own Tempo / Unaware | HA: Contrary
Stats: 100 HP / 120 Atk / 100 Def / 100 SpA / 100 SpD / 100 Spe
BST: 620
New Moves: +Superpower, +Close Combat, +Quick Attack, Stone Edge
Removed Moves: Psycho Bopst
Competitive Niche: i dont know what was the intent of the previous sub, but I think the guy mixed up the terms Ubers and UnderUsed. Anyways, here Spinda can be an actual threat. It can use Superpower to start racking up damage against it's foes, and can hold a mean Choice Scarf set once paired with a Pursuit trapper.

Solrock
Typing:
Rock / Fire
Stats: 125 HP / 145 Atk / 115 Def / 70 SpA / 80 SpD / 80 Spe
BST: 615
New Moves: +Head Smash, +Bulk Up, +Spikes, +Flame Charge, +Lava Plume
Removed Moves: Everything added initially. Especially Paleo Wave.
Competitive Niche: A running theme amongst these subs are apparently just sub some UnderUsed mons that slipped through the cracks. So I did a complete overhaul on Solrock, as a passive defensive Rock / Fairy types with meh stats simply would not work in Ubers (what is it checking / countering anyways?), not to mention giving Solrock Moonlight and Moonblast makes no sense. Besides, I do not think its allowed to just lift an existing thing from CAP and just place it into your Pet Mod. Alot of hoops and such around that. Anyways, this version of Solrock is an offensive wallbreaker utilizing its powerful dual STAB to bust up some walls in the tier. You can use Spikes to grant it utility as well, and handily beats some variants of PDon.

It has Earthquake and Stone Edge you know. I don’t know if all these Pokemon are able to kill Leafeon well (especially Skarmory) but I’ll just add them to checks and counters anyway. Please note that I am not familiar with the Untiereds mons, nor have I battled in Ubers before, so I’m just working on theory.
Also, isn’t Beartic... Refrigerate ESpeed with 165 Atk?

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It has Earthquake and Stone Edge you know. I don’t know if all these Pokemon are able to kill Leafeon well (especially Skarmory) but I’ll just add them to checks and counters anyway. Please note that I am not familiar with the Untiereds mons, nor have I battled in Ubers before, so I’m just working on theory.
Also, isn’t Beartic... Refrigerate ESpeed with 165 Atk?
Yes I know it has Earthquake and Stone Edge. I doesn't change what I posted.

Skarmory has STAB Brave Bird. And anything that can't kill it directly can just stall it out.

Fair enough about that Beartic point. Didn't note that lol.

anaconja

long day at job
Pokémon: Beartic (Physical Offense)
Typing: Ice-Water
Abilities: Slush Rush, Refrigerate, Swift Swim
Stats: 95 / 165 / 80 / 70 / 80 / 120 (BST 610)
New Moves: Extreme Speed, Storm Throw, Aqua Tail, Soak, Glacial Surround
Custom Move Information (if applicable): Glacial Surround- Ice-type, Physical, Hits all foe’s (2 Versus 2), 110 BP, 90% Acc, 10 PP (max: 16)
Custom Move Description (what effects it has): If Hail is active, the target is partially trapped (traps 4-5 turns).

Z-move: Subzero Slammer, Ice-type, Physical, 200 BP, 100% accuracy.
Competitive (niche in Ubers): This Polar Bear, once mocked at and shunned, is now one of the strongest Pokemon. A huge Attack stat (150) and a high Speed stat (120) makes Beartic extremely hard to stop. Unique sets like Focus Sash Swords Dance can allow Beartic to set-up safely, and proceed to KO the entire team priority Aqua Jet! The possibilities are endless, ranging from Substitute Focus Punch to an all-out set with Aqua Jet, Icicle Crash, Play Rough and Stone Edge. However, Marshadow outspeeds it and can deal huge damage with Close Combat, and Xerneas could potentially tank an unboosted hit and KO back with Thunder or Focus Blast. Despite this, Beartic could be a very dangerous opponent.

Standard
Beartic @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Extreme Speed / Icicle Crash
- Storm Throw

Substitute
Beartic @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Extreme Speed / Aqua Jet
- Icicle Crash / Stone Edge / Swords Dance

Choice Band
Beartic @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Icicle Crash / Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Storm Throw
Beartic has few true counters, as it’s almost perfect Defensive typing leaves few weaknesses which are hard to find. Zekrom would have been good had Beartic not had Refrigerate-boosted priority in Extreme Speed. This only leaves Fighting-types as the best checks, with the ideal one being Marshadow.
To add later
Pokemon that can handle Fighting-types are the only necessary teammates. Such Pokemon include Xerneas and Ninjask.
Pokémon: Shiinotic (JOAT: Special Offense, Special Defense)
Typing: Grass-Fairy
Abilities: Effect Spore, Fungi Flourish, Sap Sipper
Custom Ability Description (if applicable): All damaging moves have a 50% chance to restore 1/2 damage dealt.
Stats: 140 / 50 / 90 / 150 / 160 / 30 (BST 620)
New Moves: Wish, Psychic, Psyshock
Pixie Burst: Both Grass & Fairy-type, 70 Base Power, 100% Accuracy, Special, 16 PP. (Can gain STAB twice, if user is both types)
Custom Move Description (if applicable): No additional effect

Z-Move - Growing Blast: Both Grass & Fairy-type; 120 Base Power, Special. If successful, inflicts Leech Seed and Paralysis on the target. (Can gain STAB twice, if user is both types)
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Shiinotic now has boosted stats and good moves, giving it the ability to function as a two-in-one Special Attacker and Special Wall, and even providing Wish support for it’s teammates, making it extremely flexible. However, weaknesses to common Fire, Ice, Flying, Poison and Steel attacks make some of the most common (and a few uncommon) Pokemon capable of killing it mercilessly, like Groudon-Primal, Kyurem-White, Ninjask, Masquerain and Necrozma-DM, as well as certain Castform sets. This hinders it’s otherwise brilliant stats greatly, and prevents it from being too strong.

Specially Defensive
Shiinotic @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Pixie Burst
- Toxic
- Synthesis
- Spore / Strength Sap

Substitute
Shiinotic @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Substitute
- Growth
- Pixie Burst
- Spore

Wish
Shiinotic @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Pixie Burst
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Assault Vest
Shiinotic @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Pixie Burst
- Sludge Bomb
- Signal Beam / Charge Beam
- Psychic / Psyshock
Fire-types: Groudon-Primal kill Shiinotic easily if it has Fire Punch, as its high Attack stats is more than enough for Shiinotic’s abysmal Defense.

Ninjask: Ninjask can use Sound Burst and it’s high Attack stat to OHKO Shiinotic.

Steel-types: Steel-type Pokemon can kill Shiinotic easily: Necrozma-DM and Scizor-Mega are good representatives.
To add later
undefined
these mons didnt need to be buffed i just didnt happen to see them on the spreadsheet

update spreadsheet btw ty

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
I wanted to show everyone the power of Kindness, and to truly make this day a HAPPY Halloween!
1st Place - 4 votes

Delcatty - by OM!
Chimecho - by 737373elj
Wormadon-Plant - by alephgalactus
Golem-Alolan - by Heavyweapons Mann
Shiftry - by SteelixPrismGX

2nd Place - 3 Votes

Probopass - by Heavyweapons Mann
Bellossom - by Fragmented
Raticate-Alolan - by 737373elj
Arbok - by Fragmented

3rd Place - 1 Vote

Beeheyam - alephgalactus
Quoting just to make it easier for myself :/ Here's some opinions and proposed rankings for the recent slate. Feel free to correct/comment/criticize.

:beheeyem: New -> C/C-
As a P-Don check, it isn't really that great. You have to decide between getting bodied by Precipice Blades or getting bodied by Eruption, and you can't really switch in anyway. Gamma Ray Burst (hereby known as GRB) is a 2HKO with Max SpAtk and Modest Nature, so you're only going to scare out a weakened Groudon. Outside of checking Groudon, there is nothing much Beheeyem does that other things don't already do better. Butterfree is a better set-up sweeper, and doesn't even have to worry about coverage; and there are just better options in general. It's just outclassed IMO, no offense.

:arbok: New -> B/B-
It's still kind of eh. Like it needs to set up to do any sort of permanent damage, and 105 Speed is indeed slower than Marshadow, so Coil sets can kiss their boosts goodbye. Does scare out stuff like UltraNecro to an extent with Sucker Punch, and having multiple set options helps make it slightly less predictable. Bulk is decent to help with set-up, and Rest is viable recovery with Shed Skin.

:raticate-alola: New -> B-
First of all, rip elj
This thing is bulky, like bulkier than Muk. It is slower than Dusk Mane, but max HP can tank to Max Attack EQs from full, as well as Adamant Max Attack P-Don's Precipice Blades (albeit less well), which is ridiculous. Recovery on this boi is a bit iffy, since you rely on your damage output for health back. Cheek Pouch is gimmicky but can prove to be useful in some situations; Thick Fat is the better option overall. Only thing holding it back is its less consistent form of recovery.

:bellossom: New -> C+/C
This actually got in, lol. No shade, but this thing is really outclassed, Masquerain and Butterfree do the Quiver Dancing job so much better. Being an annoyance, however, is the idea here, and being able to 1v1 unboosted Dusk Mane is nice. It wants to be defensive, but offensive at the same time, which doesn't really work unless you're called Arceus. Handling Zygarde is nice too I guess.

:probopass: New -> A-
I actually wanted to do this mon for my slate, but alas. However, Heavyweapons Mann did a really good job imo. Sure it can set-up Electric Terrain for some abusers, but Levitate is what really sells it for me. You hardwall Heat Wave-less Necrozmas, CM Arceus-Fairy, Mega Mence, Support Arceus, Swanna and Wailord wish it could dent it. New stuff like Torterra and Toucannon can't touch it. You can't even trap it cos it has Volt Switch. Sure it loses to fighting types, but they're kind of rare in the original Ubers tier anyway. I'd rank it higher, but I want to see what it can do first.

:shiftry: New -> C+
Budget Simisage. It can hit hard, but there isn't anything that Shiftry does that Simisage doesn't do better. Sorry mate.

:golem-alola: New -> B-
Offensive Stunfisk. It really relies on Electric Terrain to be set up to do much, since its speed tier is only decent. Galvanize is nice for booming on Ghosts, but you can't boom on Grounds, like other Golem. This would probably be lower since terrain is rarely seen in Ubers, but it could work as a late game cleaner. If this actually works well, we could see Tapu Koko rising in the VR

:wormadam: New -> C/C-
People need to realise that to check P-Don, you need to be able to handle both Ground and Fire type moves. No shade, just a reminder. It's outclassed as a QDer by even Bellossom, because at least Bellossom can take some Physical hits. However, it does have an obscenely large support movepool to annoy the opponent, and Sleep is extremely good in any tier. You could run Powder to guarantee immunity from Fire-type attacks, but P-Don tends to run Stone Edge or other Rock coverage anyway.

:chimecho: New -> B-
This is basically Sylveon with additional Psychic typing. It's decent as a Wish Passer, and you have to justify running Pixilate on it when P-Don is such a menace in the tier.

:delcatty: New -> A-/B+
In this blurb, we ignore the Physical/Special split and accuracy checks. All of Delcatty's stats are decent at best. Tail Glow will boost its decent offensive stat to respectable levels. You are forced to run Catnip to get the most out of Delcatty, and why wouldn't you run it since it's so good. It has a respectable offensive movepool and somewhat decent support movepool, however support sets are better pulled off by other mons imo. It's good, might be a bit too good if secondary effects occur consistently while you fire off +3 boosted attacks.

Other stuff that I think should change:
:pachirisu:/:rotom-fan: C-/C -> C/C+or higher
Static Signal is a real pain to deal with if your defogger isn't immune to it (yveltal is not a defogger in my eyes). Rotom-Fan has more offensive presence but Pachi can whack stuff with +2 Tbolts lol.

:butterfree: B- -> B+/B
Why is this B-? This is what every Quiver Dancer aspires to be. Sure, it is outclassed by other set-up sweepers, but this thing gets Sleep Powder. You don't even need any coverage outside of its STAB, and you can forgo Psychic STAB for Roost. Like yo,
252 Atk Life Orb Technician Marshadow Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Butterfree: 250-296 (73.3 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Butterfree: 306-362 (89.7 - 106.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO it's not even guaranteed go to sleep boy
+1 252 SpA Tinted Lens Butterfree Savage Spin-Out (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 100 SpD Groudon-Primal: 420-494 (123.1 - 144.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 SpA Tinted Lens Butterfree Savage Spin-Out (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 434-512 (110.4 - 130.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Goodnight Irene
+1 252 SpA Butterfree Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Marshadow: 470-554 (146.4 - 172.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 SpA Butterfree Bug Buzz vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Wailord: 490-577 (75.2 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Tinted Lens Butterfree Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Toucannon: 296-348 (86.8 - 102%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
decent bops
+1 252 SpA Butterfree Shattered Psyche (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 324-382 (77.8 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
that's a Ho-oh vs Z-Psycho Boost
It's still weak defensively, but Sleep Powder gets it set-up opportunities. Don't be sleeping on this.

I'm tired, I never want to do another VR nom again, so I'll be back soon with another VR nom after reading all of your criticism.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Quoting just to make it easier for myself :/ Here's some opinions and proposed rankings for the recent slate. Feel free to correct/comment/criticize.

:beheeyem: New -> C/C-
As a P-Don check, it isn't really that great. You have to decide between getting bodied by Precipice Blades or getting bodied by Eruption, and you can't really switch in anyway. Gamma Ray Burst (hereby known as GRB) is a 2HKO with Max SpAtk and Modest Nature, so you're only going to scare out a weakened Groudon. Outside of checking Groudon, there is nothing much Beheeyem does that other things don't already do better. Butterfree is a better set-up sweeper, and doesn't even have to worry about coverage; and there are just better options in general. It's just outclassed IMO, no offense.

:arbok: New -> B/B-
It's still kind of eh. Like it needs to set up to do any sort of permanent damage, and 105 Speed is indeed slower than Marshadow, so Coil sets can kiss their boosts goodbye. Does scare out stuff like UltraNecro to an extent with Sucker Punch, and having multiple set options helps make it slightly less predictable. Bulk is decent to help with set-up, and Rest is viable recovery with Shed Skin.

:raticate-alola: New -> B-
First of all, rip elj
This thing is bulky, like bulkier than Muk. It is slower than Dusk Mane, but max HP can tank to Max Attack EQs from full, as well as Adamant Max Attack P-Don's Precipice Blades (albeit less well), which is ridiculous. Recovery on this boi is a bit iffy, since you rely on your damage output for health back. Cheek Pouch is gimmicky but can prove to be useful in some situations; Thick Fat is the better option overall. Only thing holding it back is its less consistent form of recovery.

:bellossom: New -> C+/C
This actually got in, lol. No shade, but this thing is really outclassed, Masquerain and Butterfree do the Quiver Dancing job so much better. Being an annoyance, however, is the idea here, and being able to 1v1 unboosted Dusk Mane is nice. It wants to be defensive, but offensive at the same time, which doesn't really work unless you're called Arceus. Handling Zygarde is nice too I guess.

:probopass: New -> A-
I actually wanted to do this mon for my slate, but alas. However, Heavyweapons Mann did a really good job imo. Sure it can set-up Electric Terrain for some abusers, but Levitate is what really sells it for me. You hardwall Heat Wave-less Necrozmas, CM Arceus-Fairy, Mega Mence, Support Arceus, Swanna and Wailord wish it could dent it. New stuff like Torterra and Toucannon can't touch it. You can't even trap it cos it has Volt Switch. Sure it loses to fighting types, but they're kind of rare in the original Ubers tier anyway. I'd rank it higher, but I want to see what it can do first.

:shiftry: New -> C+
Budget Simisage. It can hit hard, but there isn't anything that Shiftry does that Simisage doesn't do better. Sorry mate.

:golem-alola: New -> B-
Offensive Stunfisk. It really relies on Electric Terrain to be set up to do much, since its speed tier is only decent. Galvanize is nice for booming on Ghosts, but you can't boom on Grounds, like other Golem. This would probably be lower since terrain is rarely seen in Ubers, but it could work as a late game cleaner. If this actually works well, we could see Tapu Koko rising in the VR

:wormadam: New -> C/C-
People need to realise that to check P-Don, you need to be able to handle both Ground and Fire type moves. No shade, just a reminder. It's outclassed as a QDer by even Bellossom, because at least Bellossom can take some Physical hits. However, it does have an obscenely large support movepool to annoy the opponent, and Sleep is extremely good in any tier. You could run Powder to guarantee immunity from Fire-type attacks, but P-Don tends to run Stone Edge or other Rock coverage anyway.

:chimecho: New -> B-
This is basically Sylveon with additional Psychic typing. It's decent as a Wish Passer, and you have to justify running Pixilate on it when P-Don is such a menace in the tier.

:delcatty: New -> A-/B+
In this blurb, we ignore the Physical/Special split and accuracy checks. All of Delcatty's stats are decent at best. Tail Glow will boost its decent offensive stat to respectable levels. You are forced to run Catnip to get the most out of Delcatty, and why wouldn't you run it since it's so good. It has a respectable offensive movepool and somewhat decent support movepool, however support sets are better pulled off by other mons imo. It's good, might be a bit too good if secondary effects occur consistently while you fire off +3 boosted attacks.

Other stuff that I think should change:
:pachirisu:/:rotom-fan: C-/C -> C/C+or higher
Static Signal is a real pain to deal with if your defogger isn't immune to it (yveltal is not a defogger in my eyes). Rotom-Fan has more offensive presence but Pachi can whack stuff with +2 Tbolts lol.

:butterfree: B- -> B+/B
Why is this B-? This is what every Quiver Dancer aspires to be. Sure, it is outclassed by other set-up sweepers, but this thing gets Sleep Powder. You don't even need any coverage outside of its STAB, and you can forgo Psychic STAB for Roost. Like yo,
252 Atk Life Orb Technician Marshadow Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Butterfree: 250-296 (73.3 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Butterfree: 306-362 (89.7 - 106.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO it's not even guaranteed go to sleep boy
+1 252 SpA Tinted Lens Butterfree Savage Spin-Out (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 100 SpD Groudon-Primal: 420-494 (123.1 - 144.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 SpA Tinted Lens Butterfree Savage Spin-Out (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 434-512 (110.4 - 130.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Goodnight Irene
+1 252 SpA Butterfree Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Marshadow: 470-554 (146.4 - 172.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 SpA Butterfree Bug Buzz vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Wailord: 490-577 (75.2 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Tinted Lens Butterfree Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Toucannon: 296-348 (86.8 - 102%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
decent bops
+1 252 SpA Butterfree Shattered Psyche (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 324-382 (77.8 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
that's a Ho-oh vs Z-Psycho Boost
It's still weak defensively, but Sleep Powder gets it set-up opportunities. Don't be sleeping on this.

I'm tired, I never want to do another VR nom again, so I'll be back soon with another VR nom after reading all of your criticism.
Beeheyam didn’t win, as the reason 1st/2nd place won is because 5 winners of 6 from first place obligated 2nd place, which has everyone in 2nd a winner.

What I have done is secure everyone with multiple votes at least 1 winning slate. This way everyone walks away as a winner! Beeheyam got my 6th vote bc I don’t believe it voting for less than the 6 maximum allotted vote ballot slots.”

Basically since alephgalactus won with Wormadon-Plant, he is part of the everyone with multiple votes, (I.e. he had won with his other idea). I only included Beeheyam as my 6th vote for the sake of not leaving my 6th vote ballot unused.

I see how it may not have been as clear as I intended and I have corrected my post to list Winner in the 1st and 2nd place headings.

I very much appreciate your updated VR Rankings, and if everyone wants alephgalactus to have the Beeheyam to count as a winner, I can make a 1 time Halloween exception, so all voted nominations win, but for now I’ll stick with 1st+2nd place only.

Also, let me know if you guys feel Beeheyam contributes enough to be added.

My focus is to reduce Re-subs for the 3 New Pokemon, and our focus should be more on Buffing the 7.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
these mons didnt need to be buffed i just didnt happen to see them on the spreadsheet

update spreadsheet btw ty
Those... are elj’s subs for this slate...
That lad is banned. He doesn't have subs for this slate.
His point was “that’s why they are not on the spreadsheet, since they haven’t won”.
——————
As Leader of this mod I received a message from かたわれ時 and he mentioned he would replace his Eeveelutions that count as his own sub with the submissions from elj.

I said to him, that since you are effectively removing your original submissions, and not just submitting for others, and making the content of Elj’s your own submissions, then I will allow it.

He had mentioned submitting them last slate, and they did receive votes. It was just a misconception, as they were being reserved, for this slate.

Overall, I view it as when I created Spinda from scratch, and let Heavyweapons Mann take over that submission as his own; he added his own additional moves to the movepool, it basically it was 99% my idea, from Pokemon, to typing, to stats, to abilities, to most of the movepool (like adding Psychoboost), etc.

かたわれ時 please make changes to @737373elj’s submission, like Heavyweapons Mann did for Spinda by adding moves. In order for it to count as your own, you need to make adjustments to prove you are submitting it with possible inspiration from, but not a complete copy of, his idea.

Afterall, many of us submit Pokemon that someone else submitted but didn’t win with in the past, with some changes to make it our own. I know these are Re-subs, like Shiinotic. So changing their movepool, an ability, etc. is a way to show you have your idea on what it could be.

Just like with Spinda, it doesn’t have to be major, but it does need at least some change per Pokemon.

I am only allowing it bc you are replacing Eevee, which shows you are not just doubling down on submissions, you are giving up the original eveelutions, and are focusing on improving the idea for Shiinotic, etc. that didn’t win earlier, to take advantage of the 700 BST new maximum, and to make it your own.

That decision is fair - AND FINAL.
7B62813B-A7D9-492D-AE60-5C83E723B782.png
——————
Speaking of Spinda

Just a few mons ranked on the Ubers viability rankings that arguably beat Leafeon better than the mons you listed (how is your version of Beartic a check?). Probably goes without saying that there are plenty of buffed mons that can also do the same.

Anyways here are some buffing ideas

Swalot
Typing:
Poison / Normal
Ability: Regenerator / Gluttony | HA: Guts
Stats: 130 HP / 123 Atk / 115 Def / 103 SpA / 115 SpD / 74 Spe
BST: 660
New Moves: +Recycle +Belly Drum +Quick Attack +Earth Power +Hyper Voice +Curse +Flamethrower
Competitive Niche: You may be looking at the weirdest Pokémon to ever live. Swalot can do a bunch stuff ok, can do a few stuff really well and can try to do one thing to ridiculous effect. Defensive AV sets with Regenerator can go up against most of the special attackers of the tier, while Guts and Curse sets can attempt to have more offensive presence. It even can attempt Belly Drum, but the jury is out on that one.

This got nerfed for absolutely reason, as even in its current state it is a B rank Pokémon at best. After the nerf it couldn't even get ranked. So I just brought it back to its original subbed stat.

Spinda
Typing:
Normal / Fighting
Ability: Own Tempo / Unaware | HA: Contrary
Stats: 100 HP / 120 Atk / 100 Def / 100 SpA / 100 SpD / 100 Spe
BST: 620
New Moves: +Superpower, +Close Combat, +Quick Attack, Stone Edge
Removed Moves: Psycho Bopst
Competitive Niche: i dont know what was the intent of the previous sub, but I think the guy mixed up the terms Ubers and UnderUsed. Anyways, here Spinda can be an actual threat. It can use Superpower to start racking up damage against it's foes, and can hold a mean Choice Scarf set once paired with a Pursuit trapper.

Solrock
Typing:
Rock / Fire
Stats: 125 HP / 145 Atk / 115 Def / 70 SpA / 80 SpD / 80 Spe
BST: 615
New Moves: +Head Smash, +Bulk Up, +Spikes, +Flame Charge, +Lava Plume
Removed Moves: Everything added initially. Especially Paleo Wave.
Competitive Niche: A running theme amongst these subs are apparently just sub some UnderUsed mons that slipped through the cracks. So I did a complete overhaul on Solrock, as a passive defensive Rock / Fairy types with meh stats simply would not work in Ubers (what is it checking / countering anyways?), not to mention giving Solrock Moonlight and Moonblast makes no sense. Besides, I do not think its allowed to just lift an existing thing from CAP and just place it into your Pet Mod. Alot of hoops and such around that. Anyways, this version of Solrock is an offensive wallbreaker utilizing its powerful dual STAB to bust up some walls in the tier. You can use Spikes to grant it utility as well, and handily beats some variants of PDon.
Spinda was weak bc of the cap on offenses for Contrary users. Psycho Boost was for dealing Poison-types and Ghosts while boosting.
With the new 700 BST I will allow 120 as the new max for Atk, but 100 SpA max bc of how much faster the offense increases.

Lastly, We are not doing flavor / lore requirements on the buffs bc I don’t want to prevent a Pokemon from being good. So if someone submits a Poison type, but realizes how limited the coverage is, and needs an Ice-type move to handle more checks, even though Poison and Ice have nothing to do with eachother, I will allow it, as long as the submission adds to the metagame.
I agree on Moonlight strictly bc Morning Sun exists, and quiete frankly there are better recovery moves out there.

As leader, I don’t think Flavor needs to be Ignored, but it should not prevent someone from having a good concept submitted.
——————
:sm/simipour:
Pokemon: Simipour
Typing: Water/Dark
Abilities: Mega Launcher Prankster / Sheer Force | HA: Trio Pledge
Stats: 85/100/115/100/85/115 BST: 600
Added Moves: Aura Sphere to what it already has
P.S. Monkeys already get Knock Off from USUM Move Tutor
No idea why this wasn't made to be at 600 BST like the other simis. Going for a more balanced sweeper since it has good physical and special movepools already. Replaced Prankster with Mega Launcher because Simipour has nothing to abuse with Prankster, at least with Mega Launcher it can still hit hard and get Scald burns if it wants to.

:sm/ledian:
Pokemon: Ledian
Typing: Bug/Fighting
Abilities: Swarm / Prankster Early Bird| HA: Huge Power
Stats: 80/65/85/85/135/115 BST: 565
Added Moves: Haze
It's slightly more usable now. Hitting as hard as Azu was nice, but this is Ubers so the power creep is higher. Got rid of Early Bird for Prankster, since Ledian actually has a decent support movepool to abuse (e.g. Tailwind, Defog, Encore, Screens, Haze etc.). Go Infestation + Toxic if you must. Better bulk and better attack makes this thing more annoying to deal with imo.

:sm/maractus:
Pokemon: Maractus
Typing: Grass/Ground
Abilities: Grassy Surge / Iron Barbs Chlorophyll | HA: Storm Drain
Stats: 107/64/102/106/142/70 BST: 601
Not sure why Grassy Surge is on a partial Ground type Pokemon, I might decide to change it out for something else. Chlorophyll, in this tier? Where weather changes are erratic? Iron Barb and Spikes at least allows it to pretend it's Ferrothorn. It gets better recovery options in Synthesis, and can still chip stuff down with Spiky Shield, so that's a plus? Hopefully rises to about C.

edit:
:sm/rapidash:
Also can we please buff Rapidash's attack. 100 is pitiful. Like
252+ Atk Tough Claws Rapidash Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kyogre: 254-300 (74.4 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Rapidash Wild Charge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 256-302 (72.3 - 85.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Rapidash High Horsepower vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Groudon-Primal: 182-216 (53.3 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO that's pitiful
Change attack from 100 to 135
BST IS 700 now, you can make them much stronger if you wish.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
didnt realize they didnt win my b

still, elj’s subs didnt need a buff, 165 refrige espeed is super dumb and so is 140/90/160 bulk with 150 spa ~150 bp 50% draining move (i really dont like double stab shit in general its just overcomplicated and unnecessary)

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Mostly the same, but with an enhanced Speed and SpA, slight higher SpD, plus a new (signature) move:

Pokémon: Mr. Mime
Typing: Psychic / Fairy
Abilities: Magic Bounce / Soundproof / Wonderous (HA)
Custom Ability Description: “Wonderous” - Activates Wonder Room (5 Turns) when it switches into battle.
Stats: 130 HP / 60 Atk / 115 Def / 115 SpA / 110 SpD / 110 Spe | 640 BST
New Moves: Parting Shot, Defog, Heal Bell, Mist, Perish Song, Wish, Wall-Up Wallop
Wall-Up Wallop
- Fairy-type, 100 Base Power, 100% Accuracy, Special, 16 PP. Summons Light Screen (Glitzy Glow clone).
Competitive (niche in Ubers): It’s new signature move pairs perfectly the unique lore and flavor of the Mr. Mime invisible wall theme.
Since Defog removes Reflect and Light Screen, I don’t think it will be OP, as most people have hazard control on their teams, I don’t find it that strong, as Reflect and Light Screen are rarely used in any metagame.

Wall-Up Wallop also allows it to work on abilities like Soundproof that fear Taunt, so it doesn’t need Magic Bounce to protect its team.
didnt realize they didnt win my b

still, elj’s subs didnt need a buff, 165 refrige espeed is super dumb and so is 140/90/160 bulk with 150 spa ~150 bp 50% draining move (i really dont like double stab shit in general its just overcomplicated and unnecessary)
Yes, I think they need to tone down the level of offense, and make it 135 Atk, like I originally suggested for Beartic, and let’s have 120 for Shiinotic, and reduce the HP to 120 and SpD to 120.
I think 90 Def is okay, makes up for the high SpD.

Keep in mind that as a Grass-type it also has many weaknesses, including a Double-weakness to Poison. And the fact that it’s best Grass STAB is part Fairy, meaning even single-type Fire, Steels double resist it, throw in a second typing like Flying on Ho-oh, and it’s quadruple resisted.

It sounds stronger on paper, but in practice, Grass negates the super effective hit Vs Dragons, so consider the limits.

Also

I think double STAB is fine on the regular move because it is about as strong as Return:
70 x 1.5 = 105 x 1.5 = 157.5
102 x 1.5 = 153

For Z-moves:
120 x 1.5 =180 x 1.5 = 270
Equal to V-Create, but only usable with an item and 1 time ever. It’s not overpowered.

However, we need to provide them insight on what they can do instead. Like direct suggestions on what to replace those #s with. Nothing like telling someone they are wrong — and specifically deciding not to tell them the answer, or at least an alternative. Break that habit.

Also if you quote the person you are referring to, I can see without having to find the person’s post.

かたわれ時 Please edit it to 120 HP 125 SpA 120 SpD on Shiinotic.
I saw you lowered the HP to 100, but I would rather you focus on HP to match Arceus, which helps its Defense.
The lower SpA is 50 stat points lower (base difference x 2 = actual points lower).

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
Also

I think double STAB is fine on the regular move because it is about as strong as Return:
70 x 1.5 = 105 x 1.5 = 157.5
102 x 1.5 = 153

For Z-moves:
120 x 1.5 =180 x 1.5 = 270
Equal to V-Create, but only usable with an item and 1 time ever. It’s not overpowered.
i didnt say it was overpowered i said it was overcomplicated and unnecessary, you talk about keeping the code easy for scoopapa here's an example. you could easily just make it a 100 bp fairy move that drains 50% hp but naw it's gotta be flashy or something.

And the fact that it’s best Grass STAB is part Fairy, meaning even single-type Fire, Steels double resist it, throw in a second typing like Flying on Ho-oh, and it’s quadruple resisted.
this is irrelevant - if its resisted it wont do that much damage in the first place. plus it's basically a grass type move that hits five typings se thats pretty dumb

New Moves: Parting Shot
parting shot is when the mon insults the opponent as they leave. mr mime is a mime. this does not make sense.
edit: its defined as a remark, so no hands here

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)