Sticky Forum rules and directory / SQSA

For the plagiarism rule from artists on other sites, is it like that the artist(s) who the person plagiarized from might have a smogon account/might not but potentially just browses the site? (Let me know if I worded this poorly or not)

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
I’ve been told that I need to get approval from a moderator of these threads to host an event or activity.

Would it be good to send what the OP looks like to the moderator via PM before approval? Or are there other places I need to go through for approval?

Kaiju Bunny

♥・゚: * ̄(♡ㅅ♡❀) ̄
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Art Leader
I’ve been told that I need to get approval from a moderator of these threads to host an event or activity.

Would it be good to send what the OP looks like to the moderator via PM before approval? Or are there other places I need to go through for approval?
Nope, DMing staff is perfectly fine! The more info you have for an event, the better! After you send your event proposal in DMs, staff will discuss together and will get back to you whether the event could use some tweaks or if it's greenlit to be hosted!

Hello, I don't know if this place is the right one to ask this, but I want to know where (or if) I can suggest a smogon avatar to be made?
I wanted a avatar of the riolu kid B2W2 series to be made and be publicly available to everyone like the other characters of the Pokemon games. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

sharpclaw

is a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Hello, I don't know if this place is the right one to ask this, but I want to know where (or if) I can suggest a smogon avatar to be made?
I wanted a avatar of the riolu kid B2W2 series to be made and be publicly available to everyone like the other characters of the Pokemon games. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance!
Hey, great question, and great suggestion! We have Brycen-Man; Riolu Kid deserves his time in the limelight, too.

For a Riolu Kid avatar to be added to PS and publicly available, someone has to volunteer the time and effort to make it. Once someone (and hey, it could be you!) makes the avatar, it can be submitted to the QC team and vetted for addition to the site.

There are many avatars that’ve been added to PS via this exact method, but given that it’s a volunteer process, nothing’s guaranteed. That said, now that you’ve posted about Riolu Kid, maybe it’ll be a twinkle in someone’s eye…

Kaiju Bunny

♥・゚: * ̄(♡ㅅ♡❀) ̄
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Art Leader
In light of recent updates to Smogon Global Rules; specifically the following:
Your contributions should be your own; do not use other people's writing, and do not use tools like AI to generate your posts.
Smeargle's Studio has also added the following rule to our list, found here.
AI-Generated pieces are not allowed: This goes without saying, but AI pieces are not welcome in Smeargle's Studio. AI-generated images steal from real artists and insults their hard and dedicated work. Using AI to any extent to help create your pieces will be met with a serious infraction, as it is a form of plagiarism. For more information, please reference Smogon Global Rules.

We want to encourage fresh and new artists to acquire and learn to make their own unique styles and to have the chance to enjoy their progress as they go along. AI, in addition to stealing other peoples' hard work, can cause a huge dent in artists' morale and motivation, which is the exact opposite of what we wanna condone, here. If you folks have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out c: Thanks, all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)