Komala @ Facade
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Wood Hammer
- Return
- U-turn
not sure if this has been discussed yet, but komala's ability of always being asleep in conjunction with facade makes it a super strong attacker
1542775370823.png

No mention of sleep here, so Facade is not boosted by Comatose. Komala could potentially run some kind of Rapid Spin set, but its stats seem to be too low to be effective.

It occurs to me that a forte clause may be as simple as adding an item clause, since that already checks the item slot in the team builder’s validation. Though it could also have the effect of only allowing one mon to have a forte on a team since in battle a forte is read as ultranecrozium-Z

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Tsareena (F) @ Flail
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Endure
- Trop Kick
- Low Sweep
- Play Rough

Play this Pokémon with Sticky Web or Agility + Baton Pass support. Endure a hit, and now due to the Flail item, all moves are 200 Base power, and they keep their additional effects.

This means you block Priority, and wreck teams.
Another option would be Swellow with Reversal as the item and Scrappy as its Ability:

Swellow (F) @ Reversal
Ability: Scrappy
IVs: 11 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
Hasty Nature
- Substitute / Endure
- Quick Attack
- Pursuit / Mud-Slap
- Aerial Ace

Without the need for a boost passed or for Sticky Webs, Swellow can Endure a hit, make all of its moves 200 Base Power, hit Ghosts with Scrappy and then sweep for fast hits with Quick Attack. If the foe has Dazzling, you can use a non-priority move, like Aerial Ace.

Because Pursuit and Endure are incompatible, Substitute enables Pursuit (11 HP IVs for 1 HP after 4 substitutes), and Endure can be used if you use Mud Slap, which allows you to hit Steels, Rocks, and Electrics that resist its two STABs.

Keep in mind, Substitute can be worth it, as Pursuit doubles if they switch out, making it grow to 400 Base power...

Reversal/Flail means any move is 200 Base power when you are at 1 HP. Facade, Pursuit and other moves that double power based on conditions can also be used as item slots on various Pokémon.
If you have Pursuit, for example, nothing can switch out on you, and you deal double damage.

Talonflame (F) @ U-turn
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fly
- Quick Attack
- Giga Impact
- Overheat

Priority Flying that switches you out before you take damage. Fly is used for power without recoil, and the turn they cannot Attack you, it lets you Scout their moveset. Overheat has no drawbacks because you switch out after use, and since I use that move I don’t use a Jolly Nature. Giga Impact doesn’t need to recharge thanks to the switch, and Quick Attack is good in the event Talonflame is not at full health.

Last edited:
May someone update the op so it doesn't go on-and-on about how good prioritiy moves for items are good, complete with sets, only to (not very clearly) say that they're banned.

Also add to a FQA or something that perfect accuracy moves and Acrobatics has no effect as a forte (seeing as how they're questions that are asked frequently).

Lithium114

Banned deucer.
I'm quite new to this, so forgive me if I'm not that experienced. Just giving out a few idea's I have.

Breloom @ Spore
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Stone Edge

According to the rules of Fortemons, this should be allowed right? The secondary effect of spore gives each of Breloom's moves a chance of putting the opponent to sleep. Use Mach Punch first turn, then set up. Although Ghost-Types would be a problem.

Clefable @ Soft-Boiled
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast

Nothing else needed to be said. Almost infinite healing, you almost become unkillable.

I'm quite new to this, so forgive me if I'm not that experienced. Just giving out a few idea's I have.

Breloom @ Spore
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Stone Edge

According to the rules of Fortemons, this should be allowed right? The secondary effect of spore gives each of Breloom's moves a chance of putting the opponent to sleep. Use Mach Punch first turn, then set up. Although Ghost-Types would be a problem.

Clefable @ Soft-Boiled
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast

Nothing else needed to be said. Almost infinite healing, you almost become unkillable.
Unfortunately, Status moves cannot be used in the item slot so these sets aren't legal.

Although there are moves which can inflict status so something like powdered snow or something could be used to inflict freeze
also how would things like shell trap work? would you be unable to use an attack unless attacked what about beak blast would it burn anything that hit you?

Lithium114

Banned deucer.
Alrighty, I think I've got the basic idea in my head now.

Comfey @ Draining Kiss
Ability: Triage
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
- Synthesis

Would this be more acceptable? Draining kiss gives a much more better STAB fairy type move, Dazzling Gleam some great healing and gives decent damage output, even without Calm Mind boosts. Not only that, but it still gets priority (I presume) due to the nature of it's ability. It can still do what it wants with Taunt, which stops bulkier pokemon from giving it status, and Synthesis for all round better healing. And with the use of Calm Mind, and priority, It can do massive damage while heal almost just as much.

Or maybe...

Comfey @ Draining Kiss
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball
- Giga Drain

A Calm Mind set that utilizes Comfey's priority, fantastic healing, and ability to boost it's stats. With increased Sp. Atk stats, not only will it deal more damage but it will also heal Comfey for more too, and due to it's +3 priority it can also outpace the rest of the metagame. Giga Drain is definitely interesting too and it will somehow heal 120% of the damage dealt? This will be something that will be looked into.

Salazzle (F) @ Smog
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

One word... Smog. Smog has an immediate 40% chance to cause poison. This immediately makes up for the large lack of damage that Smog as a move can do. Combine this with Sludge Bomb, and you have a massive 70% chance to cause poison. +Corrosion and you can spread poison everywhere and still do massive damage. And you don't even have to use Sludge Bomb in tandem with this. Every move (not sure about Nasty Plot) has a 40% chance to poison. You can even use Fire Blast, where you have now a 40% - 50% chance of dealing status (burn or poison) Unsure of whether this is a concept that is any good at all, but this is an idea that I found interesting and I think would be very cool.

In comparison, Scald has a 30% chance to burn. Yeah, that cool...

Weavile @ Shadow Claw
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Night Slash
- Slash
- Ice Shard
- Power-Up Punch

This is more of an idea that I had rather than anything usable in the metagame as of now. Shadow Claw gives every other move a high critical-hit ratio, and add this with Night Slash and Slash, and (I think) you will get critical hit every time? Not entirely sure though. I'm not sure whether a "high critical ratio." means basically +1 boost of focus energy or whatever, but it's just an idea I decided to challenge.

Anyway, those are just some of the ideas I have. Check for any mistakes please, I would appreciate the feedback.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
May someone update the op so it doesn't go on-and-on about how good prioritiy moves for items are good, complete with sets, only to (not very clearly) say that they're banned.

Also add to a FQA or something that perfect accuracy moves and Acrobatics has no effect as a forte (seeing as how they're questions that are asked frequently).
I have removed the sets about priority, didn't have time to look through it all, but tell me if there's any more suggested changes!

Tsareena (F) @ Flail
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Endure
- Trop Kick
- Low Sweep
- Play Rough

Play this Pokémon with Sticky Web or Agility + Baton Pass support. Endure a hit, and now due to the Flail item, all moves are 200 Base power, and they keep their additional effects.

This means you block Priority, and wreck teams.
Another option would be Swellow with Reversal as the item and Scrappy as its Ability:

Swellow (F) @ Reversal
Ability: Scrappy
IVs: 11 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
Hasty Nature
- Substitute / Endure
- Quick Attack
- Pursuit / Mud-Slap
- Aerial Ace

Without the need for a boost passed or for Sticky Webs, Swellow can Endure a hit, make all of its moves 200 Base Power, hit Ghosts with Scrappy and then sweep for fast hits with Quick Attack. If the foe has Dazzling, you can use a non-priority move, like Aerial Ace.

Because Pursuit and Endure are incompatible, Substitute enables Pursuit (11 HP IVs for 1 HP after 4 substitutes), and Endure can be used if you use Mud Slap, which allows you to hit Steels, Rocks, and Electrics that resist its two STABs.

Keep in mind, Substitute can be worth it, as Pursuit doubles if they switch out, making it grow to 400 Base power...

Reversal/Flail means any move is 200 Base power when you are at 1 HP. Facade, Pursuit and other moves that double power based on conditions can also be used as item slots on various Pokémon.
If you have Pursuit, for example, nothing can switch out on you, and you deal double damage.

Talonflame (F) @ U-turn
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fly
- Quick Attack
- Giga Impact
- Overheat

Priority Flying that switches you out before you take damage. Fly is used for power without recoil, and the turn they cannot Attack you, it lets you Scout their moveset. Overheat has no drawbacks because you switch out after use, and since I use that move I don’t use a Jolly Nature. Giga Impact doesn’t need to recharge thanks to the switch, and Quick Attack is good in the event Talonflame is not at full health.
Solid in theory, but I will point out that your comment on agility baton pass support for Tsareena is banned because the meta uses OU clauses, and baton pass is banned in OU. In fact it’s even banned in Ubers, and all OMs use clauses from one or the other.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I thought so but didn’t double check.
Solid in theory, but I will point out that your comment on agility baton pass support for Tsareena is banned because the meta uses OU clauses, and baton pass is banned in OU. In fact it’s even banned in Ubers, and all OMs use clauses from one or the other.
Thank you.

OK, are Let's Go-exclusive moves legal (especially as Fortes) in this meta?

I ask because I played this game:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7fortemons-825939602
My opponent's Smeargle set up Reflect with its Extreme Speed, indicating that its itemized move is the Let's Go-exclusive Baddy Bad.

Since this meta is based on USUM and I don't think you can transfer Let's Go mons to USUM, my gut feeling is that these moves should be illegal until Generation 8 forces us to reevaluate, but what does everyone else think?

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK, are Let's Go-exclusive moves legal (especially as Fortes) in this meta?

I ask because I played this game:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7fortemons-825939602
My opponent's Smeargle set up Reflect with its Extreme Speed, indicating that its itemized move is the Let's Go-exclusive Baddy Bad.

Since this meta is based on USUM and I don't think you can transfer Let's Go mons to USUM, my gut feeling is that these moves should be illegal until Generation 8 forces us to reevaluate, but what does everyone else think?
This should DEFINITELY be illegal, but it's glitching right now due to the special check on itemised moves. Tagging Kris

Okay not sure if I'm just plain unlucky, missing something or if it's a bug.

Volcarona @ Fiery Dance
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower

I'm running this set but Fiery Dance's 50% chance to increase my SpA has never proc'd.

I don't have any replays but I once attacked 6 times without it happening.

Also have this replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7fortemons-827013640

But used it only thrice.

Okay not sure if I'm just plain unlucky, missing something or if it's a bug.

Volcarona @ Fiery Dance
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower

I'm running this set but Fiery Dance's 50% chance to increase my SpA has never proc'd.

I don't have any replays but I once attacked 6 times without it happening.

Also have this replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7fortemons-827013640

But used it only thrice.
I think you're just plain unlucky. I've had games where Charge Beam as the Forte never procced.

Lithium114

Banned deucer.

Arcanine @ Flame Charge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz

A set that I kinda made up on the fly. I realized that Flame Charge's ability to give speed boosts like money, money, money is really amazing, especially for a mon like Arcanine whom is a bit on the slow side. Arcanine's attack is already pretty decent so on the first turn, use Extreme Speed and then you're already out pacing most of the metagame. Not entirely sure though whether this is as competitively viable as the Life Orb or even Choice Band sets but whatevs...

Ninetales-Alola @ Secret Power
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind

Idk about this one. But I think this set will get very broken very quickly considering the nature of freeze. Secret Power (in hail) immediately gives any attack a 30% chance to freeze. Keep in mind that Scald also has a 30% chance to burn, which is pretty crazy. With Blizzard, you have a 30-40% chance to freeze your opponent, which is actually pretty good. That's almost 50% of the time, and when you put that into perspective it seems broken. Too bad Ninetales-Alola is one of the few with this combination that can utilize it to it's full potential.

Garchomp @ Headbutt
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

I think you guys realize by now that I'm just putting out ideas with no though behind them. But, this is a pretty simple concept. Just flinch... A lot... About 60% of the time if used with Iron Head... more than half of the time... yeah, nothing else to say really. Actually, you can also have a 30% to paralyze and a 30% to flinch when used in conjunction with Body Slam, so that's cool too.

Anyways, any thoughts? I would like to here your guys' opinions too so make sure to reply. If you want to, or don't if you don't feel like it.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Here's a set I've already fallen in love with:

Garchomp @ Whirlpool
EVs: 216 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance / Protect

Anyone remember these EVs? It's Tank Chomp, but it replaces Rocky Helmet with Whirlpool, instantly trapping and doing trapping damage to any target any time it lands an attack (well, it procs 85% of the time which is Whirlpool's acc). It's incredibly nasty because it seems people expect hyper offensive effect Pokemon a lot, and Garchomp takes hits incredibly well. If Poison Jab lands its 30% Poison chance, damage builds up very quickly, especially because so many good item moves are contact and therefore also activate Rough Skin. I've been trying SD and Protect in the last slot. Protect lets you build up Poison and Tomb damage if you land it.

Oh, and Blacephalon with Flame Charge as an item is ridiculous. +1 Spe every time it hits an attack, +1 Spe +1 SpA every time it gets a KO. With priority moves as banned item, Blacephalon gets out of hand in no time.

Garchomp @ Headbutt
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

I think you guys realize by now that I'm just putting out ideas with no though behind them. But, this is a pretty simple concept. Just flinch... A lot... About 60% of the time if used with Iron Head... more than half of the time... yeah, nothing else to say really. Actually, you can also have a 30% to paralyze and a 30% to flinch when used in conjunction with Body Slam, so that's cool too.

Anyways, any thoughts? I would like to here your guys' opinions too so make sure to reply. If you want to, or don't if you don't feel like it.
Your Garchomp's Iron Head actually has only a 51% chance to flinch (the natural Iron Head 0.7 chance they don't flinch x the Forte Headbutt 0.7 chance they don't flinch = the combined 0.49 chance they don't flinch). I also prefer Rock Slide as the flincher Forte because it doesn't make contact.

At any rate, I've generally found flincher Fortes to be weaker than stuff like U-turn and even Z-Crystals on stuff like Tornadus-T due to the unreliable flinch chance and the need to outspeed opponents. It's sometimes clutch on Mamoswine Ice Shard, though.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This isn't true fortunately. It works 100% of the time as long as you land your regular attack move. I've used Magma Storm Heatran quite a bit!
Should have saved a replay. I switched to Whirlpool from Sand Tomb because I hit an incoming Dragonite with Dragon Claw and it didn't initiate trapping, so I wasn't quite sure what to make of it.

Im new at making posts and also my grammar is bad so no need to tell me if i say things pretty wrong.
Anyway starting about this metagame it looks pretty interesting so i was thinking on what i could post here and if this "item" works then pretty sure this can be useful

View attachment 167713
Muk-Alola @ Venoshock
Ability: Poison Touch
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Fire Punch
- Knock Off
- Shadow Sneak

I know that crits arent guaranteed since you need to poison your enemy which it can be hard if your unlucky but if your enemy is poisoned oh boy Muk-Alola could just crit his enemy without any problem and ik poison and steel types are a problem since for obvious reasons they cant be poisoned i used fire punch as a option to defeat some steel types and poison well i got nothing to do for them anyway i hope this might work if this is choosen and if anyone sees something wrong like the Evs that i just did them randomly let me know it and thats all i got to share

Im new at making posts and also my grammar is bad so no need to tell me if i say things pretty wrong.
Anyway starting about this metagame it looks pretty interesting so i was thinking on what i could post here and if this "item" works then pretty sure this can be useful

View attachment 167713
Muk-Alola @ Venoshock
Ability: Poison Touch
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Fire Punch
- Knock Off
- Shadow Sneak

I know that crits arent guaranteed since you need to poison your enemy which it can be hard if your unlucky but if your enemy is poisoned oh boy Muk-Alola could just crit his enemy without any problem and ik poison and steel types are a problem since for obvious reasons they cant be poisoned i used fire punch as a option to defeat some steel types and poison well i got nothing to do for them anyway i hope this might work if this is choosen and if anyone sees something wrong like the Evs that i just did them randomly let me know it and thats all i got to share
RIP I JUST FORGOT TO TELL IT ISNT CRIT ITS JUST DOUBLED DAMAGED ;-;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)