Forgotten Metagames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This article will be about Other Metagames which were quite popular in the past, yet have been forgotten over the years, so that few people may even know about them. It'll explain what the premise is of the metagames, what made them popular in the first place, some miscellaneous information about them and possible reasons why they died out.

Metagames I'll (probably) describe:
- Wonkymons
- Slowmons
- Ability Exchange
- Stat Exchange
- Bluntmons
- The Negative Metagame

Possibly others if needed, these aren't part of the idea though, so just tell me if I gotta change the metagames described, there are enough, but these are some of the older ones.

I don't think there is anything quite like this

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
oh man slowmons that takes me back

I thought someone wrote an article on a topic like this recently, but if not, I would have no troubles greenlighting this

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There was this article and this one from around two years ago, and together they cover most of the things on the list, so iunno. Might be best to think of other past metagames to cover instead, if possible.
Sure, I saw these but I didn't know if there were still valid since they were from so long ago. Will pick some others one now.

New ones:
- Wonkymons
- Stat Exchange
- Bluntmons
- The Negative Metagame

These were in general somewhat less popular, but still fairly popular.

oh man slowmons that takes me back

I thought someone wrote an article on a topic like this recently, but if not, I would have no troubles greenlighting this
I couldn't find any recently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)