Flavourmons: what if you took the flavor text literally? (no OHKO or Auto-Win effects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
On that thought, I was thinking about what could be done with that Noivern entry. Is there any way we could possibly bend mechanics to introduce night? Or maybe the absence of sun can be night? What I'm thinking is that in the absence of sun Noivern gets a small boost to the power of its moves, which is really all it wants to be able to get KOs.
We cant introduce time like that because timezones exist

Black/White entry for Luxio:

"Strong electricity courses through the tips of its sharp claws. A light scratch causes fainting in foes."

Luxio using Scratch counts as a OHKO move?

And on top of that we kind of agreed on no new OHKO conditions (or really things that are blatantly broken as it is). For the sake of it the criticism I would have given is to make scratch act as Nuzzle in that it will always para.

Proof the dead can't stay buried.

Honestly this thread is just a huge pain to look at for me. I tried hard over the active lifespan to keep balancing submissions and suggesting changes to not overpower anything in particular. But no one cares. Everyone just wants to make their favorite Pokemon a god-tier threat, or they find something they figure they can abuse into an unbeatable/ohko machine. Either this should be left to stay dead or the title should be changed to say "no OHKO or Auto-Win effects".

I know this was a bit of a rant, but I didn't mean to come off rude or harsh to anyone in particular. Just felt it needed to be said.

Edit: title has been changed holy shit thank you mods.

Last edited:
Proof the dead can't stay buried.

Honestly this thread is just a huge pain to look at for me. I tried hard over the active lifespan to keep balancing submissions and suggesting changes to not overpower anything in particular. But no one cares. Everyone just wants to make their favorite Pokemon a god-tier threat, or they find something they figure they can abuse into an unbeatable/ohko machine. Either this should be left to stay dead or the title should be changed to say "no OHKO or Auto-Win effects".

I know this was a bit of a rant, but I didn't mean to come off rude or harsh to anyone in particular. Just felt it needed to be said.
To change the title, we would need a new thread. chaos isn't even on this thread anymore.

Bummer Edit: Check again.

Last edited by a moderator:
No.. The actual problem with the thread is that the finalised suggestions aren't documented in the OP.

New comers simply assume that they can have their go at it. If you rage over people not browsing through the thread before posting, be reasonable. It's obvious that people expect to get the gist of it from the OP. This is truer for Newbies.

Document suggestions, restrict new ideas for already pinned mons and this would fare much better.

Last edited:
The problem is that the OP is not active on this thread anymore, making any sort of thread management nearly impossible. If we want to have nice organization, we would need the OP to be active and keep things organized.

If people are really interested, someone can contact a moderator and have this thread closed.

Then they can open a new similar thread, only with the ideas updated and a council active enough to manage new changes. Of course, give credit to chaos, because he's the 'OP'.

Yeah, if this is to be actually revived, it'd make more sense as a pet mod since the metagame is literally a bunch of custom changes for each mon.

The problem is that the OP is not active on this thread anymore, making any sort of thread management nearly impossible. If we want to have nice organization, we would need the OP to be active and keep things organized.
>not active
>thread title has been changed

EV

Banned deucer.
Stop posting in this thread unless you are contributing to or discussing the metagame in some relevant fashion.

And no this will not be coded. (probably)

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ok here's something folks:
Dusknoir "The antenna on its head captures radio waves from the world of spirits that command it to take people there." (Pokemon Y) So... Dark Void then? However, something like Soundproof would negate it.

Ok here's something folks:
Dusknoir "The antenna on its head captures radio waves from the world of spirits that command it to take people there." (Pokemon Y) So... Dark Void then? However, something like Soundproof would negate it.
I must ask, how do you mean this? Do you mean Dusknoir now learns the move Dark Void, or that it applies it automatically at the end of each round, every two rounds, etc. The former is okay to me, although radio waves don't exactly bring a move like that into mind, but the latter would be very strong, perhaps too strong, if Dusknoir can continually put foes to sleep without needing to use the move and unlimited amounts of times.

Never-Melt Ice: An item to be held by a Pokémon. It's a piece of ice that repels heat effects and boosts Ice-type moves.
Any Pokémon that holds a Never-Melt Ice should gain a Fire-type immunity.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
somebody mentioned choice scarf deo-s at +6 on the first page. They said it reached over 18k mph. That is more than the escape velocity of the planet earth. This means that if it moves at that speed, it will go off into space and escape the earth's gravity.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
somebody mentioned choice scarf deo-s at +6 on the first page. They said it reached over 18k mph. That is more than the escape velocity of the planet earth. This means that if it moves at that speed, it will go off into space and escape the earth's gravity.
Here is my explanation:

But seriously, Deoxys is a Extraterrestrial Pokemon, so it does make sense it can escape earth's gravity, especially in its fastest form

While I'm here I might as well do some entries

Garchomp (Alpha Sapphire): It flies at speeds equal to that of a fighter plane. It never allows its prey to escape. Garchomp gets Arena Trap

Cloyster (Pokemon Y):
Its shell is extremely hard. It cannot be shattered, even with a bomb. The shell opens only when it is attacking
Cloyster gets Bulletproof

While I'm here I might as well do some entries

Garchomp (Alpha Sapphire): It flies at speeds equal to that of a fighter plane. It never allows its prey to escape. Garchomp gets Arena Trap

Cloyster (Pokemon Y):
Its shell is extremely hard. It cannot be shattered, even with a bomb. The shell opens only when it is attacking
Cloyster gets Bulletproof
Now, I personally am a fan of these. They give a decently powerful buff to semi-underused Pokemon without breaking them.

Also, I'll be making a few to try to keep the good ideas flowing.

Accelgor:

Pokemon Black Dex Entry said:
When its body dries out, it weakens. So, to prevent dehydration, it wraps itself in many layers of thin membrane.
This was the best entry I could find. I try to stick to the generation of origin for effects, as they are, in my opinion, the purest to the Pokemon's design and intentions, as well as not filling up on ridiculous fluff. As for the effect:

Accelgor gains Dry Skin.

This increases Accelgor's use by giving Rain Teams a semi-strong, fast option to punch holes into opposing teams, and perhaps sweep later on thanks to Dry Skin increasing its longevity, and also negating Life Orb recoil for Accelgor.

Well, I didn't have enough time as I thought for this. I'll add more in later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)