Flavourmons: what if you took the flavor text literally? (no OHKO or Auto-Win effects)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gliscor (B2/W2) - It dances silently through the sky. When it approaches prey, it can land a critical hit in an instant.
Gliscor always crits on the first move.
Seems balanced enough if it's the first move that Gliscor is out, and not each time it's switched in. (And maybe contact moves only?)

Probopass (HG/SS) - It controls three units called Mini-Noses using magnetic force. With them, it can attack the foe from three directions.
Probopass has Parental Bond.

I think it would make sense if it attacked three times in a row, with each at 50% power. (In terms of damage, it's the same as Parental Bond, but it also has a little bit more increased chance for secondary effects to occur)

Arbok (R/S) - This Pokémon is terrifically strong in order to constrict things with its body. It can even flatten steel oil drums. Once Arbok wraps its body around its foe, escaping its crunching embrace is impossible.
Arbok has gen 1 wrap that lasts forever.
Seems a little ridiculous, so I would say no. (But Arbok is (kinda) slow at 80 base speed)

Golbat (Y) - Once it starts sucking blood, it does not stop until it is full. It flies at night in search of prey.
Golbat's leech life attacks repeatedly until it is full hp.
Why not have it as a secondary effect instead, like leech seed?

Since everyone is posting about how this is not going to be implemented, I thought I'd share my viewpoint.

I think for such a big project like this, one person would have to take leadership over the project and make executive decisions, especially since the wide variety of changes can be interpreted differently by each person, causing arguments.

For example, most of the metagames with really large changelogs (I'm thinking Joimmons) were completely designed by one person, allowing them to take creative liberties. In the case of this metagame, if it were designed by one person (preferably someone with experience in balancing the metagame), there would be no disputes as to whether Pidgeot should have 1050 speed or not, or if Magcargo should vaporize any pokemon making contact. If we put the project in the hands of someone who is passionate about the project, we could provide general advice and constructive criticism, but ultimately leave the final decision to the person heading the project. The person we would have to select to do this would have to be someone who's generally well-respected and known on this site, and who has enough free time to scour through hundreds of pokedex entries.

Either that, or we could put it to a vote system like CAP does. By appointing a Flavourmons leader, then forming a review council to decide possible changes, then letting the general populace vote on which of the changes could be implemented, we would be able to eliminate broken/bad suggestions altogether, allowing us to create a more fun metagame. This should be a priority, since the very concept of Flavourmons is that of a fun, silly metagame. However, if we were to go about implementing it, it would need to dealt with in a very professional, serious way due to the amount of work required to make this a reality.

I am a little doubtful of this solution, however. The amount of organization involved would be astronomical. The sheer amount of changes to vote on would probably need it's own subforum, and then the project would need to attract enough interest that people would vote on all the possible changes.
Furthermore, CAP is a community project, and they pick over every possible detail of the project before release, creating a large amount of work for a relatively small (one pokemon) amount of gain. If we took a Gamefreak approach to this (that is, aiming primarily to create something fun first and foremost, while still trying to avoid creating something overtly broken except Mega-Kanghaskhan), we could cut down a lot of work while still providing a fun alternative meta.

Either way, it would certainly be a labour of love. That's just my two cents.

Minun - Y
It cheers on friends. If its friends are losing, its body lets off more and more sparks.

Therefore, Minun gains a 1 stage Special Attack boost every time a teammate is knocked out.

Joltik - X/B2W2
Since it can't generate its own electricity, it sticks onto large-bodied Pokémon and drains them of static electricity.

If Joltik is facing an electric Pokémon larger than itself, it drains 1/16th of the opponent's max HP every turn.

Last edited:
Haven't read through the thread, so sorry if these are repeats...

Mismagius
Its cries sound like incantations to torment the foe. It appears where you least expect it.

Either causes Torment as a secondary effect to moves, or all foes are under Torment whilst Mismagius is on the field.

Farfetch'd
It can't live without the stalk it holds. That's why it defends the stalk from attackers with its life.

Auto faints if not holding Stick.

Dunsparce
If spotted, it escapes by burrowing with its tail. It can float just slightly using its wings.

Has Levitate.

Manectric
Manectric is constantly discharging electricity from its mane. The sparks sometimes ignite forest fires. When it enters a battle, this Pokémon creates thunderclouds.

Has Drizzle, and its electric moves can cause burns?

Alright, I know this hasn't been updated in a month but I think this is a worthy bump because I've written a somewhat balanced thing for ever FE gen 1 mon. I focused primarily on having it be balanced but gave lower tier mons better abilities for the most part. I also tried to make it so that most of the things are easy to code. I think that these things should be put in IMMEDIATELY before we just fall back into "oh but what about changing this" and it will turn into a bunch of theorizing again. Once we've got it up we can start doing quick bans / suspects / changing the flavour boost. Also, I don't take the flavours super literally. I interpret them so the pokemon can be given a boost.

Joim , I don't know if you're still planning on doing this but if you are it would be amazing if you implemented these things. If you think something is too hard to program just tell me and we can work out something simpler. I'm going to start working on Gen 2 mons and hope to have their changes by Wednesday. We can just have a meta with only FE gen 1 pokes until we put in more so let's just go with that. If you think a mon will be OP, you can say it but please don't start trying to change things. This has been around for months with no true working being done on it and I just want to have SOMETHING already. We can work on balancing and stuff later.

Venusaur

By spreading the broad petals of its flower and catching the sun's rays, it fills its body with power.

Venusaur can have the ability Solar Power along with Chlorophyll

Charizard

Breathing intense, hot flames, it can melt almost anything. Its breath inflicts terrible pain on enemies.

Burns inflicted by Charizard reduce opponents by 1/4 their health each turn.

Blastoise

It crushes its foe under its heavy body to cause fainting. In a pinch, it will withdraw inside its shell.

Blastoise can learn Heavy Slam, Blastoise’s defense and special defense raise by one stage when lowered to 1/3 its health.

Butterfree

It loves the honey of flowers and can locate flower patches that have even tiny amounts of pollen.

Powder/Spore moves have perfect accuracy

Beedrill

Its best attack involves flying around at high speed, striking with poison needles, then flying off.

Has a base 125 power version of U-Turn that inflicts poison

(scarf supreme scout)

Pidgeot

It spreads its gorgeous wings widely to intimidate enemies. It races through the skies at Mach-2 speed.

Pidgeot can have Intimidate. Its base speed is 121

(anything with a thing about speed in the dex will either have its base speed increased by 20 or get something like gale wings)

Raticate

It whittles its constantly growing fangs by gnawing on hard things. It can chew apart cinder walls.

Super Fang damages opponents by 2/3 of their current health, 3/4 on Rock types

Fearow

With its huge and magnificent wings, it can keep aloft without ever having to land or rest.

Fearow wakes from rest immediately

(this thing was tough and will fuck your shit)

Arbok

The pattern on its belly is for intimidation. It constricts foes when they are frozen in fear.

Paralyzed foes cannot switch out.

(meh)

Raichu

When its electricity builds, its muscles are stimulated, and it becomes more aggressive than usual.

Being hit by an electric move increases its speed and special attack by one stage. Charge has the same effect.

Sandslash

Curls up into a spiny ball when threatened. It can roll while curled up to attack or escape.

Sandslash can have the ability Iron Barbs. Rapid spin allows it to switch out after attacking.

(best spinner ever imo)

Nidoqueen

Its hard scales provide strong protection. It uses its hefty bulk to execute powerful moves.

Nidoqueen can have the ability Multiscale.

Nidoking

It is recognized by its rock-hard hide and its extended horn. Be careful with the horn, as it contains venom.

Nidoking can have the ability Solid Rock. Megahorn inflicts poison.

Clefable

Its hearing is so acute it can hear a pin drop over half a mile away. It lives on quiet mountains.

Sound moves inflict 2x damage, Priority moves do .5 damage.

(this meta is really heavily priority so i might as well give you guys something to help)

Ninetales

Very smart and very vengeful. Grabbing one of its many tails could result in a 1,000 year curse.

Being hit by contact moves has a 50% chance of inflicting the opponent with the curse status

(you will hate this stupid fucking fox)

Wigglytuff

The body is soft and rubbery. When angered, it will suck in air and inflate itself to an enormous size.

Fighting moves do .5x damage. When hit by an attack, it gains an air balloon along with its normal item.

(fuck this was a tough one)

Vileplume

It has the world's largest petals. With every step, the petals shake out heavy clouds of toxic pollen.

At the end of each turn, there is a 50% chance of the opponent becoming poisoned.

Parasect

The larger the mushroom on its back grows, the stronger the mushroom spores it scatters.

Spore always inflicts sleep for 5 turns

(parasect for ubers in no sleep clause mode)

Venomoth

The scales it scatters will paralyze anyone who touches them, making that person unable to stand.

Opponents using contact moves become paralyzed

(can’t stop my fuckin quiverpass even with sleep clause yo)

Dugtrio

In battle, it digs through the ground and strikes the unsuspecting foe from an unexpected direction.

Ground moves hit through Substitutes, Screens and (maybe) protecting moves

Persian

Although its fur has many admirers, it is tough to raise as a pet because of its fickle meanness.

Persian’s Dark types moves do 2x damage

(fuck, does it even learn any good dark moves?)

Golduck

It appears by waterways at dusk. It may use telekinetic powers if its forehead glows mysteriously.

Can learn Moonlight. Is part Psychic type.

Arcanine

Its magnificent bark conveys a sense of majesty. Anyone hearing it can't help but grovel before it.

Sound based attacks lower opponent’s speed and attack by one stage.

(too bad you don’t have growl loser)

Poliwrath

A swimmer adept at both the front crawl and breaststroke. Easily overtakes the best human swimmers.

Water moves get +1 priority

Alakazam

Its brain cells multiply continually until it dies. As a result, it remembers everything.

Can learn 5 moves.

(is that too hard to program?)

Machamp

Its four ruggedly developed arms can launch a flurry of 1,000 punches in just two seconds.

Power of Mach Punch, Bullet Punch is doubled.

Victreebel

Once ingested into this Pokémon's body, even the hardest object will melt into nothing.

Swallow inflicts toxic poison on opponents except for Poison types.

(perfect accuracy and hits steel types rad)

Tentacruel

The tentacles are normally kept short. On hunts, they are extended to ensnare and immobilize prey.

Contact moves prevent the opponent from switching for 2 turns.

(with gen 1 wrap mechanics loljk)

Golem

Even dynamite can't harm its hard, boulder-like body. It sheds its hide just once a year.

Golem can have a combination of the abilities Bulletproof and Shed Skin

Rapidash

It gallops at nearly 150 mph. With its mane blazing ferociously, it races as if it were an arrow.

Fire type moves get +1 priority

Slowbro

Naturally dull to begin with, it lost its ability to feel pain due to Shellder's seeping poison.

Slowbro can have the ability Unaware

Farfetch’d

The plant stalk it holds is its weapon. The stalk is used like a sword to cut all sorts of things.

Holding Stick allows Farfetch’d to get all critical hits, gives it +1 attack at the end of each turn.

(is that enough to finally save it?)

Dodrio

It collects data and plans three times as wisely, but it may think too much and fall into a state of immobility.

Dodrio gets a +1 boost to speed and attack on switch in. Dodrio cannot attack every third turn it’s in play. (Like truant but with an extra turn of attack)

Dewgong

Its body is covered with a pure white fur. The colder the weather, the more active it becomes.

Dewgong’s speed is doubled in hail. Dewgong gets a +1 boost to speed when hit by Ice moves.

Muk

A toxic fluid seeps from its body. The fluid instantly kills plants and trees on contact.

All contact attacks to and from Muk inflicts toxic poison on Grass types including Poison and Steel type Grass pokemon

Cloyster

Its shell is extremely hard. It cannot be shattered, even with a bomb. The shell opens only when it is attacking.

Cloyster is immune to ball and bomb moves (i wanted to do something like stance change but that’s probably too complex)

Gengar

The leer that floats in darkness belongs to a Gengar delighting in casting curses on people.

Using the move Curse cuts Gengar’s HP by 25% (don’t forget fucking shadow tag on mega)

Hypno

Seeing its swinging pendulum can induce sleep in three seconds, even in someone who just woke up.

Hypno can have the ability Bad Dreams, learns the move Spore.

Kingler

The large and hard pincer has 10,000-horsepower strength. However, being so big, it is unwieldy to move.

Kingler can have the ability Hustle

Electrode

It explodes in response to even minor stimuli. It is feared, with the nickname of "The Bomb Ball."

Bomb Ball is a special type electric move with a base power of 300 with the same effects as Explosion (including being blocked by Damp)

Exeggutor

It is called "The Walking Jungle." If a head grows too big, it falls off and becomes an Exeggcute.

Exeggutor can have the ability Parental Bond (is this a horrible idea)

Marowak

From its birth, this savage Pokémon constantly holds bones. It is skilled in using them as weapons.

Marowak can have the ability Moxie (it kills stuff then uses their bones for more power god i’m fucked up)

Hitmonlee

If it starts kicking repeatedly, both legs will stretch to strike a fleeing foe.

High Jump Kick will hit a switching foe before they switch (this does not result in a damage boost like pursuit)

Hitmonchan

The spirit of a pro boxer has infused this Pokémon. It throws punches that are faster than a bullet train.

Punch-based attacks get +1 priority

Weezing

If one of the twin Koffing inflates, the other one deflates. It constantly mixes its poisonous gases.

This sounds like fucking incest. Weezing is required to have an ability that combines Slow Start, Defeatist and Truant.

Kangaskhan

It raises its offspring in its belly pouch. It lets the baby out to play only when it feels safe.

Fuck it, it gets Parental Bond without mega. Maybe Hitmonchan can check it.

Seaking

In the autumn spawning season, they can be seen swimming powerfully up rivers and creeks.

Water attacks do 2x damage (band waterfall = 320 BP and also swift swim exists gg)

Starmie

At the center of its body is a red core, which sends mysterious radio signals into the night sky.

Starmie hits Fairy types super-effectively

Mr. Mime

Emanations from its fingertips solidify the air into invisible walls that repel even harsh attacks.

Mr. Mime can have the ability Magic Bounce and will kill you in your fucking sleep

Jynx

It wiggles its hips as it walks. It can cause people to dance in unison with it.

Causes a 3 turn Encore effect when hit by a move targeted at it (including status / stat drops etc)

Pinsir

It grips prey with its pincers until the prey is torn in half. What it can't tear, it tosses far.

Fighting type moves are Bug type when used by Pinsir.

Tauros

After heightening its will to fight by whipping itself with its three tails, it charges at full speed.

Recoil attacks increase Tauros’s attack by +2

Gyarados

Once it begins to rampage, a Gyarados will burn everything down, even in a harsh storm.

Outrage does double damage in rain

Lapras

It ferries people across the sea on its back. It may sing an enchanting cry if it is in a good mood.

Sing has perfect accuracy, Perish Song faints pokemon on the turn its used (scarf lapras you send back in when its low on health to take down both opponents?)

Ditto

It has the ability to reconstitute its entire cellular structure to transform into whatever it sees.

Ditto has +10 higher stats than the pokemon it transforms into. (If it copies Charizard whose attack stat is 283, Dittos attack is 293.)

Vaporeon

It has evolved to be suitable for an aquatic life. It can invisibly melt away into water.

Vaporeon’s evasiveness is raised by one stage when in rain, when hit by a water move. (i’m sorry)

Jolteon

It accumulates negative ions in the atmosphere to blast out 10,000-volt lightning bolts.

Electric moves from Jolteon are not resisted by Electric, Grass, Ground, Dragon type Pokemon. Volt Absorb, Motor Drive and Lightningrod are still immune to electric attacks.

Flareon

It has a flame sac in its body. Its body temperature tops1,650 degrees Fahrenheit before battle.

Hitting Flareon with a contact move results in the opponent taking 12% damage. Pokemon 2x weak to Fire lose 25%, 4x lose 50%, .5x 6%, .25x 3%

Omastar

Once wrapped around its prey, it never lets go. It eats the prey by tearing at it with sharp fangs.

If Omastar uses a contact move, the opponent is trapped until Omastar switches out.

Kabutops

A slim and fast swimmer. It slices its prey with its sharp sickles and drinks the body fluids.

Physical moves drain the opponent of half their health.

Aerodactyl

This vicious Pokémon is said to have flown in ancient skies while shrieking high-pitched cries.

Aerodactyl can learn a Physical version of Boomburst

Snorlax

It is not satisfied unless it eats over 880 pounds of food every day. When it is done eating, it goes promptly to sleep.

Snorlax’s defense and special defense are doubled, it has the ability Truant.

Articuno

A legendary bird Pokémon that is said to appear to doomed people who are lost in icy mountains.

On switch in, the opposing pokemon is given a 3 turn Perish Turn counter before they faint unless they switch out.

Zapdos

A legendary Pokémon that is said to live in thunderclouds. It freely controls lightning bolts.

Electric moves are reflected at the pokemon who used them when used on Zapdos

Moltres

One of the legendary bird Pokémon. It is said that its appearance indicates the coming of spring.

Moltres can have the ability Drought

Dragonite

It can fly in spite of its big and bulky physique. It circles the globe in just 16 hours.

Dragon type moves get priority

Mewtwo

A Pokémon created by recombining Mew's genes. It's said to have the most savage heart among Pokémon.

Mewtwo is unaffected by status. (If it’s gonna be ubers i might as well give it something it will like)

Mew

Because it can use all kinds of moves, many scientists believe Mew to be the ancestor of Pokémon.

Mew can learn any move

Alright, I know this hasn't been updated in a month but I think this is a worthy bump because I've written a somewhat balanced thing for ever FE gen 1 mon. I focused primarily on having it be balanced but gave lower tier mons better abilities for the most part. I also tried to make it so that most of the things are easy to code. I think that these things should be put in IMMEDIATELY before we just fall back into "oh but what about changing this" and it will turn into a bunch of theorizing again. Once we've got it up we can start doing quick bans / suspects / changing the flavour boost. Also, I don't take the flavours super literally. I interpret them so the pokemon can be given a boost.

Joim , I don't know if you're still planning on doing this but if you are it would be amazing if you implemented these things. If you think something is too hard to program just tell me and we can work out something simpler. I'm going to start working on Gen 2 mons and hope to have their changes by Wednesday. We can just have a meta with only FE gen 1 pokes until we put in more so let's just go with that. If you think a mon will be OP, you can say it but please don't start trying to change things. This has been around for months with no true working being done on it and I just want to have SOMETHING already. We can work on balancing and stuff later.

Venusaur

By spreading the broad petals of its flower and catching the sun's rays, it fills its body with power.

Venusaur can have the ability Solar Power along with Chlorophyll

Charizard

Breathing intense, hot flames, it can melt almost anything. Its breath inflicts terrible pain on enemies.

Burns inflicted by Charizard reduce opponents by 1/4 their health each turn.

Blastoise

It crushes its foe under its heavy body to cause fainting. In a pinch, it will withdraw inside its shell.

Blastoise can learn Heavy Slam, Blastoise’s defense and special defense raise by one stage when lowered to 1/3 its health.

Butterfree

It loves the honey of flowers and can locate flower patches that have even tiny amounts of pollen.

Powder/Spore moves have perfect accuracy

Beedrill

Its best attack involves flying around at high speed, striking with poison needles, then flying off.

Has a base 125 power version of U-Turn that inflicts poison

(scarf supreme scout)

Pidgeot

It spreads its gorgeous wings widely to intimidate enemies. It races through the skies at Mach-2 speed.

Pidgeot can have Intimidate. Its base speed is 121

(anything with a thing about speed in the dex will either have its base speed increased by 20 or get something like gale wings)

Raticate

It whittles its constantly growing fangs by gnawing on hard things. It can chew apart cinder walls.

Super Fang damages opponents by 2/3 of their current health, 3/4 on Rock types

Fearow

With its huge and magnificent wings, it can keep aloft without ever having to land or rest.

Fearow wakes from rest immediately

(this thing was tough and will fuck your shit)

Arbok

The pattern on its belly is for intimidation. It constricts foes when they are frozen in fear.

Paralyzed foes cannot switch out.

(meh)

Raichu

When its electricity builds, its muscles are stimulated, and it becomes more aggressive than usual.

Being hit by an electric move increases its speed and special attack by one stage. Charge has the same effect.

Sandslash

Curls up into a spiny ball when threatened. It can roll while curled up to attack or escape.

Sandslash can have the ability Iron Barbs. Rapid spin allows it to switch out after attacking.

(best spinner ever imo)

Nidoqueen

Its hard scales provide strong protection. It uses its hefty bulk to execute powerful moves.

Nidoqueen can have the ability Multiscale.

Nidoking

It is recognized by its rock-hard hide and its extended horn. Be careful with the horn, as it contains venom.

Nidoking can have the ability Solid Rock. Megahorn inflicts poison.

Clefable

Its hearing is so acute it can hear a pin drop over half a mile away. It lives on quiet mountains.

Sound moves inflict 2x damage, Priority moves do .5 damage.

(this meta is really heavily priority so i might as well give you guys something to help)

Ninetales

Very smart and very vengeful. Grabbing one of its many tails could result in a 1,000 year curse.

Being hit by contact moves has a 50% chance of inflicting the opponent with the curse status

(you will hate this stupid fucking fox)

Wigglytuff

The body is soft and rubbery. When angered, it will suck in air and inflate itself to an enormous size.

Fighting moves do .5x damage. When hit by an attack, it gains an air balloon along with its normal item.

(fuck this was a tough one)

Vileplume

It has the world's largest petals. With every step, the petals shake out heavy clouds of toxic pollen.

At the end of each turn, there is a 50% chance of the opponent becoming poisoned.

Parasect

The larger the mushroom on its back grows, the stronger the mushroom spores it scatters.

Spore always inflicts sleep for 5 turns

(parasect for ubers in no sleep clause mode)

Venomoth

The scales it scatters will paralyze anyone who touches them, making that person unable to stand.

Opponents using contact moves become paralyzed

(can’t stop my fuckin quiverpass even with sleep clause yo)

Dugtrio

In battle, it digs through the ground and strikes the unsuspecting foe from an unexpected direction.

Ground moves hit through Substitutes, Screens and (maybe) protecting moves

Persian

Although its fur has many admirers, it is tough to raise as a pet because of its fickle meanness.

Persian’s Dark types moves do 2x damage

(fuck, does it even learn any good dark moves?)

Golduck

It appears by waterways at dusk. It may use telekinetic powers if its forehead glows mysteriously.

Can learn Moonlight. Is part Psychic type.

Arcanine

Its magnificent bark conveys a sense of majesty. Anyone hearing it can't help but grovel before it.

Sound based attacks lower opponent’s speed and attack by one stage.

(too bad you don’t have growl loser)

Poliwrath

A swimmer adept at both the front crawl and breaststroke. Easily overtakes the best human swimmers.

Water moves get +1 priority

Alakazam

Its brain cells multiply continually until it dies. As a result, it remembers everything.

Can learn 5 moves.

(is that too hard to program?)

Machamp

Its four ruggedly developed arms can launch a flurry of 1,000 punches in just two seconds.

Power of Mach Punch, Bullet Punch is doubled.

Victreebel

Once ingested into this Pokémon's body, even the hardest object will melt into nothing.

Swallow inflicts toxic poison on opponents except for Poison types.

(perfect accuracy and hits steel types rad)

Tentacruel

The tentacles are normally kept short. On hunts, they are extended to ensnare and immobilize prey.

Contact moves prevent the opponent from switching for 2 turns.

(with gen 1 wrap mechanics loljk)

Golem

Even dynamite can't harm its hard, boulder-like body. It sheds its hide just once a year.

Golem can have a combination of the abilities Bulletproof and Shed Skin

Rapidash

It gallops at nearly 150 mph. With its mane blazing ferociously, it races as if it were an arrow.

Fire type moves get +1 priority

Slowbro

Naturally dull to begin with, it lost its ability to feel pain due to Shellder's seeping poison.

Slowbro can have the ability Unaware

Farfetch’d

The plant stalk it holds is its weapon. The stalk is used like a sword to cut all sorts of things.

Holding Stick allows Farfetch’d to get all critical hits, gives it +1 attack at the end of each turn.

(is that enough to finally save it?)

Dodrio

It collects data and plans three times as wisely, but it may think too much and fall into a state of immobility.

Dodrio gets a +1 boost to speed and attack on switch in. Dodrio cannot attack every third turn it’s in play. (Like truant but with an extra turn of attack)

Dewgong

Its body is covered with a pure white fur. The colder the weather, the more active it becomes.

Dewgong’s speed is doubled in hail. Dewgong gets a +1 boost to speed when hit by Ice moves.

Muk

A toxic fluid seeps from its body. The fluid instantly kills plants and trees on contact.

All contact attacks to and from Muk inflicts toxic poison on Grass types including Poison and Steel type Grass pokemon

Cloyster

Its shell is extremely hard. It cannot be shattered, even with a bomb. The shell opens only when it is attacking.

Cloyster is immune to ball and bomb moves (i wanted to do something like stance change but that’s probably too complex)

Gengar

The leer that floats in darkness belongs to a Gengar delighting in casting curses on people.

Using the move Curse cuts Gengar’s HP by 25% (don’t forget fucking shadow tag on mega)

Hypno

Seeing its swinging pendulum can induce sleep in three seconds, even in someone who just woke up.

Hypno can have the ability Bad Dreams, learns the move Spore.

Kingler

The large and hard pincer has 10,000-horsepower strength. However, being so big, it is unwieldy to move.

Kingler can have the ability Hustle

Electrode

It explodes in response to even minor stimuli. It is feared, with the nickname of "The Bomb Ball."

Bomb Ball is a special type electric move with a base power of 300 with the same effects as Explosion (including being blocked by Damp)

Exeggutor

It is called "The Walking Jungle." If a head grows too big, it falls off and becomes an Exeggcute.

Exeggutor can have the ability Parental Bond (is this a horrible idea)

Marowak

From its birth, this savage Pokémon constantly holds bones. It is skilled in using them as weapons.

Marowak can have the ability Moxie (it kills stuff then uses their bones for more power god i’m fucked up)

Hitmonlee

If it starts kicking repeatedly, both legs will stretch to strike a fleeing foe.

High Jump Kick will hit a switching foe before they switch (this does not result in a damage boost like pursuit)

Hitmonchan

The spirit of a pro boxer has infused this Pokémon. It throws punches that are faster than a bullet train.

Punch-based attacks get +1 priority

Weezing

If one of the twin Koffing inflates, the other one deflates. It constantly mixes its poisonous gases.

This sounds like fucking incest. Weezing is required to have an ability that combines Slow Start, Defeatist and Truant.

Kangaskhan

It raises its offspring in its belly pouch. It lets the baby out to play only when it feels safe.

Fuck it, it gets Parental Bond without mega. Maybe Hitmonchan can check it.

Seaking

In the autumn spawning season, they can be seen swimming powerfully up rivers and creeks.

Water attacks do 2x damage (band waterfall = 320 BP and also swift swim exists gg)

Starmie

At the center of its body is a red core, which sends mysterious radio signals into the night sky.

Starmie hits Fairy types super-effectively

Mr. Mime

Emanations from its fingertips solidify the air into invisible walls that repel even harsh attacks.

Mr. Mime can have the ability Magic Bounce and will kill you in your fucking sleep

Jynx

It wiggles its hips as it walks. It can cause people to dance in unison with it.

Causes a 3 turn Encore effect when hit by a move targeted at it (including status / stat drops etc)

Pinsir

It grips prey with its pincers until the prey is torn in half. What it can't tear, it tosses far.

Fighting type moves are Bug type when used by Pinsir.

Tauros

After heightening its will to fight by whipping itself with its three tails, it charges at full speed.

Recoil attacks increase Tauros’s attack by +2

Gyarados

Once it begins to rampage, a Gyarados will burn everything down, even in a harsh storm.

Outrage does double damage in rain

Lapras

It ferries people across the sea on its back. It may sing an enchanting cry if it is in a good mood.

Sing has perfect accuracy, Perish Song faints pokemon on the turn its used (scarf lapras you send back in when its low on health to take down both opponents?)

Ditto

It has the ability to reconstitute its entire cellular structure to transform into whatever it sees.

Ditto has +10 higher stats than the pokemon it transforms into. (If it copies Charizard whose attack stat is 283, Dittos attack is 293.)

Vaporeon

It has evolved to be suitable for an aquatic life. It can invisibly melt away into water.

Vaporeon’s evasiveness is raised by one stage when in rain, when hit by a water move. (i’m sorry)

Jolteon

It accumulates negative ions in the atmosphere to blast out 10,000-volt lightning bolts.

Electric moves from Jolteon are not resisted by Electric, Grass, Ground, Dragon type Pokemon. Volt Absorb, Motor Drive and Lightningrod are still immune to electric attacks.

Flareon

It has a flame sac in its body. Its body temperature tops1,650 degrees Fahrenheit before battle.

Hitting Flareon with a contact move results in the opponent taking 12% damage. Pokemon 2x weak to Fire lose 25%, 4x lose 50%, .5x 6%, .25x 3%

Omastar

Once wrapped around its prey, it never lets go. It eats the prey by tearing at it with sharp fangs.

If Omastar uses a contact move, the opponent is trapped until Omastar switches out.

Kabutops

A slim and fast swimmer. It slices its prey with its sharp sickles and drinks the body fluids.

Physical moves drain the opponent of half their health.

Aerodactyl

This vicious Pokémon is said to have flown in ancient skies while shrieking high-pitched cries.

Aerodactyl can learn a Physical version of Boomburst

Snorlax

It is not satisfied unless it eats over 880 pounds of food every day. When it is done eating, it goes promptly to sleep.

Snorlax’s defense and special defense are doubled, it has the ability Truant.

Articuno

A legendary bird Pokémon that is said to appear to doomed people who are lost in icy mountains.

On switch in, the opposing pokemon is given a 3 turn Perish Turn counter before they faint unless they switch out.

Zapdos

A legendary Pokémon that is said to live in thunderclouds. It freely controls lightning bolts.

Electric moves are reflected at the pokemon who used them when used on Zapdos

Moltres

One of the legendary bird Pokémon. It is said that its appearance indicates the coming of spring.

Moltres can have the ability Drought

Dragonite

It can fly in spite of its big and bulky physique. It circles the globe in just 16 hours.

Dragon type moves get priority

Mewtwo

A Pokémon created by recombining Mew's genes. It's said to have the most savage heart among Pokémon.

Mewtwo is unaffected by status. (If it’s gonna be ubers i might as well give it something it will like)

Mew

Because it can use all kinds of moves, many scientists believe Mew to be the ancestor of Pokémon.

Mew can learn any move
Joim quit

Welp. Are there any programmers willing to take this on? I sure as hell am too incompetent for any coding. But I'll keep writing out abilities.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Scrafty
It pulls up its shed skin to protect itself while it kicks. The bigger the crest, the more respected it is.

^Scrafty should be immune to the recoil damage from High Jump Kick

Pidgeot

^Pidgeot needs the ability Intimidate, and also needs to be way faster. 101 is fast, but Mach-2 speed should be way faster than Rapidash's 150 MPH (Rapidash base 105). Maybe Pidgeot should be around 121 Speed.

Edit: Actually Talonflame is supposed to reach speeds of 310 MPH, so it needs to be twice as fast as Rapidash, and Pidgeot needs to be WAY faster than than even Talonflame...

Last edited:

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Scrafty
It pulls up its shed skin to protect itself while it kicks. The bigger the crest, the more respected it is.

^Scrafty should be immune to the recoil damage from High Jump Kick
In my opinion, this should only happen if Shed Skin activates/Scrafty has Shed Skin as its ability.
Pidgeot

^Pidgeot needs the ability Intimidate, and also needs to be way faster. 101 is fast, but Mach-2 speed should be way faster than Rapidash's 150 MPH (Rapidash base 105). Maybe Pidgeot should be around 121 Speed.

Edit: Actually Talonflame is supposed to reach speeds of 310 MPH, so it needs to be twice as fast as Rapidash, and Pidgeot needs to be WAY faster than than even Talonflame...
fine with this
Comments in blue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently a shitpost but I had fun doing it so w/e

Keldeo:
When it is resolute, its body fills with power and it becomes swifter. Its jumps are then too fast to follow.

Resolute Keldeo gets +3 Priority when unless it's hit by a ground-type attack

Gallade
Because it can sense what its foe is thinking, its attacks burst out first, fast, and fierce.

Gallade cannot miss, furthermore, it gets +1 Evasion

Last edited:
God dammit guys, can we not immediately devolve back into unarchived theorizing? I really want to get something done here.
Give it up, buddy. You're fighting a lost cause. I would know, I tired to stop nearly all of the shit posts in here while I was posting, and you know what happened? Nothing.

Give it up, buddy. You're fighting a lost cause. I would know, I tired to stop nearly all of the shit posts in here while I was posting, and you know what happened? Nothing.
Well, I have changes for a basic meta. All we need to do is get someone to program it. I'm gonna ask around. If you still want this to happen and know someone who could, that would be Kickin' Rad. We just need to get something going and we can probably even start a new thread so that people can see in the OP not to shitpost repetitive ideas.

Swagger: The user enrages and confuses the target. However, it also sharply raises the target's Attack stat - Gen V and Gen VI

Maybe locks it into a typeless Outrage while the confusion lasts?

"Uses Revive"
Alright, let's get this show on the road!
Ambipom:
SoulSilver It is very difficult to dodge the consecutive strikes of its two tails.
Using a move consecutively makes the accuracy go up? Either that or 100% accurate Double Hit. Yes I do realise that this is covered by Skill Link
Chandlelure:
X Being consumed in Chandelure's flame burns up the spirit, leaving the body behind.
The best thing I could think of is that Fire moves have a chance to Disable, think Cursed Body but reversed. Either that, or being hit by Will-O-Wisp disables Special moves until the burn is healed. (I like the first one better :D)
Gallade:
X Because it can sense what its foe is thinking, its attacks burst out first, fast, and fierce.
Okay, so the ORGINAL idea was prioirity on it's attacking moves... But that's OP as fuck
SO. How's abut it gets prioirity from its Psychic attacks? (Psychic? Prediction? Oh come on, Gale Wings exists, this should too XD)
Sorry if these have been suggested before, I just really like the idea of this thread ^_^

"Uses Revive"
Alright, let's get this show on the road!
Ambipom:
SoulSilver It is very difficult to dodge the consecutive strikes of its two tails.
Using a move consecutively makes the accuracy go up? Either that or 100% accurate Double Hit. Yes I do realise that this is covered by Skill Link
Chandlelure:
X Being consumed in Chandelure's flame burns up the spirit, leaving the body behind.
The best thing I could think of is that Fire moves have a chance to Disable, think Cursed Body but reversed. Either that, or being hit by Will-O-Wisp disables Special moves until the burn is healed. (I like the first one better :D)
Gallade:
X Because it can sense what its foe is thinking, its attacks burst out first, fast, and fierce.
Okay, so the ORGINAL idea was prioirity on it's attacking moves... But that's OP as fuck
SO. How's abut it gets prioirity from its Psychic attacks? (Psychic? Prediction? Oh come on, Gale Wings exists, this should too XD)
Sorry if these have been suggested before, I just really like the idea of this thread ^_^
Wow these aren't overpowered bullshit like eveyone else posts.

Go with the first for Chandelure, the other one completely shuts down any special attacker if your team lacks Heal Bell/Aromatherepy/Natural Cure. As for Gallade, it doesn't seem bad to me, Gallade doesn't really have that many Psychic type options it can use, let alone viable, so this seems like a nice buff imo.

Wow these aren't overpowered bullshit like eveyone else posts.

Go with the first for Chandelure, the other one completely shuts down any special attacker if your team lacks Heal Bell/Aromatherepy/Natural Cure. As for Gallade, it doesn't seem bad to me, Gallade doesn't really have that many Psychic type options it can use, let alone viable, so this seems like a nice buff imo.
Not everyone posts Overpowred bullshit. Just most of them XD
Yeah I was thinking that option number 1 would be better on Chandy, but I do like the whole "Burns your soul so no special moves for you!" thing.
And as for Gallade: if all of his attacking moves had +1 priority, he would be overpowered as fuck. I'm talking Close Combats to the FACE. Which is why I chose the latter option. Along with it being a smart ass play on my part ;)

I know this post is mainly reasoning, but it's for good reason. As in; I managed to have a half decent post. Huzzah!

Tyranitar: Gold/Heart gold/Stadium 2 It's body can't be harmed by any sort of attack so it is very eager to make challenges against enemies.
Tyranitar is invincible? Ban it!

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/Y If it rampages, it knocks down mountains and buries rivers. Maps must be redrawn afterward.
If Tyranitar uses outrage your town map needs to be replaced???

Noivern: X They fly around on moonless nights and attack careless prey. Nothing can beat them in a battle in the dark.
Auto win at night or in caves?

Electrode: Fire red/X It explodes in response to even minor stimuli. It is feared, with the nickname of "The Bomb Ball."
Electrode's nickname must be "The Bomb Ball"

Yellow Stores electrical energy inside its body. Even the slightest shock could trigger a huge explosion.
Any attack forces an auto explosion?

Roserade: Black 2 /
White 2 / X Luring prey with a sweet scent, it uses poison whips on its arms to poison, bind, and finish off the prey.
New move: Poison whip, it has the same effect as bind but poison type, inflicts poison and never misses after using sweet scent

Typhlosion:
Gold/Stadium 2/Leaf green/Soul silver/X If its rage peaks, it becomes so hot that anything that touches it will instantly go up in flames.
If hit by rage powder or a critical hit then it gets a flame body with an 100% chance to burn

Silver/Fire red/Soul silver/Y It has a secret, devastating move. It rubs its blazing fur together to cause huge explosions.
Explosions with no self KO??? I honestly don't know with this one

Last edited:
Tyranitar: Gold/Heart gold/Stadium 2 It's body can't be harmed by any sort of attack so it is very eager to make challenges against enemies.
Tyranitar is invincible? Ban it!

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/Y If it rampages, it knocks down mountains and buries rivers. Maps must be redrawn afterward.
If Tyranitar uses outrage your town map needs to be replaced???

Noivern: X They fly around on moonless nights and attack careless prey. Nothing can beat them in a battle in the dark.
Auto win at night or in caves?

Electrode: Fire red/X It explodes in response to even minor stimuli. It is feared, with the nickname of "The Bomb Ball."
Electrode's nickname must be "The Bomb Ball"

Yellow Stores electrical energy inside its body. Even the slightest shock could trigger a huge explosion.
Any attack forces an auto explosion?

Roserade: Black 2 /
White 2 / X Luring prey with a sweet scent, it uses poison whips on its arms to poison, bind, and finish off the prey.
New move: Poison whip, it has the same effect as bind but poison type, inflicts poison and never misses after using sweet scent

Typhlosion:
Gold/Stadium 2/Leaf green/Soul silver/X If its rage peaks, it becomes so hot that anything that touches it will instantly go up in flames.
If hit by rage powder or a critical hit then it gets a flame body with an 100% chance to burn

Silver/Fire red/Soul silver/Y It has a secret, devastating move. It rubs its blazing fur together to cause huge explosions.
Explosions with no self KO??? I honestly don't know with this one
It's been generally decided to use one entry for each Pokemon, and no auto-kill, invincibility, or other overpowered/ridiculous effects.

It's been generally decided to use one entry for each Pokemon, and no auto-kill, invincibility, or other overpowered/ridiculous effects.
On that thought, I was thinking about what could be done with that Noivern entry. Is there any way we could possibly bend mechanics to introduce night? Or maybe the absence of sun can be night? What I'm thinking is that in the absence of sun Noivern gets a small boost to the power of its moves, which is really all it wants to be able to get KOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)