Approved fix the 0 ivs for attack stat

everytime u pick a mon from ur builder ur ivs are 0 for attack and u dont realize
its super annoying for other players to use a physical attacker mon and noticing ur damage is really weak and realize u had 0 ivs on ur attack bc of this, please fix it.
Screenshot 2021-04-14 7.52.34 PM.png

everytime u pick a mon from ur builder ur ivs are 0 for attack and u dont realize
its super annoying for other players to use a physical attacker mon and noticing ur damage is really weak and realize u had 0 ivs on ur attack bc of this, please fix it.
Whenever you click your moves with a physical attack this automatically corrects itself.
EDIT: Also this only happens when you click your moves and they are empty anyway.
DCLqbeSnI9.gif

i would like to bring up that the auto correction is a issue when importing teams from old generations, its so annoying when i import a team for gen 2 or 3 from a text file saved on my computer and pokemon with hidden power get messed up

cap.PNG

i don't play gen 2 enough for this to be annoying, and if i played it more i would probably fix these quickly but having to look up the ivs for the specific hidden power types is annoying

i would like to bring up that the auto correction is a issue when importing teams from old generations, its so annoying when i import a team for gen 2 or 3 from a text file saved on my computer and pokemon with hidden power get messed up

i don't play gen 2 enough for this to be annoying, and if i played it more i would probably fix these quickly but having to look up the ivs for the specific hidden power types is annoying
This problem can be similarly solved by clicking into each affected pokemon's moves once.
EDIT: It seems you have to click Hidden Power specifically for this to work, which autocorrects IVs the same way as if you were adding the move manually.
EDIT 2: It's faster than looking up IVs, but I do agree that this isn't an obvious method and could be better if done when importing.
hXaVvevmOU.gif

Last edited:
This happens to me all the time and it's the most frustrating and annoying thing ever! It might not be as bad if I just had to change the IVs to what I want them to be just once while I set my team up and then not look at it again, but for some unknown, God forsaken reason, if I click onto a different 'mon on my team or go back to my overall team list and then go back into my team building screen, lo and behold, the IVs got reset back to zero like Smogon is trying to play a dirty prank on me or something. And so I'm paranoid about it now cuz I can't trust it'll even stay as what I set it to!

A super simple solution would be something like a toggle.. Why can't there be a toggle to decide between if we want it to default to what Smogon thinks is the best IV spread and just a simple 6 perfect IVs???

I mean, don't even get me started on how awful Smogon's suggestions can be for things like the Pokemon's moves. I have to shake my head every time I go to add Icy Wind or Snarl or Trick Room, it's always in the "usually useless" category ... Why is there even a split of the move pool to begin with?!?! But I digress... Sorry, rant's over. I'm sure it'll never change. I just needed to get that off my chest...

I mean, don't even get me started on how awful Smogon's suggestions can be for things like the Pokemon's moves. I have to shake my head every time I go to add Icy Wind or Snarl or Trick Room, it's always in the "usually useless" category ... Why is there even a split of the move pool to begin with?!?! But I digress... Sorry, rant's over. I'm sure it'll never change. I just needed to get that off my chest...
PS categorizes its moves by if they're usable in singles or not. Generally speaking moves like Icy Wind, Snarl, or Trick Room are more useless compared to doubles. While both formats are pretty popular PS is more known for their singles metagames, and they use that format as their way to define what moves are in what category and what aren't.

I'd like to bring up another big use case for this would be in oms, particularly in catswap and a more niche case would be partners in crime (particularly when you want to use ally's physial attacking moves), but if this were to be implemented I'd much rather have a toggle on specific teams rather than your entire teambuilder cause 99% of the time it's the better option and it'd be obnoxious to switch it on and off, even better just having it save in the import/export when you set it so it doesn't get auto set back

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)